RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
Firenze
guest7
82 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 16 Empty Re: Official: Neymar signs for PSG

Post by Bankz Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:10 pm

PARIS UNITED: Qatar's prince wants Neymar to do his medicals at Aspetar doha.

Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 16 Empty Re: Official: Neymar signs for PSG

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:41 pm

I still dont believe this amount PSG willing to pay, in todays world yes, but still its just way too much money for one single player. Unless PSG has some kind of thing with their finances or whatever, but in reality even if this transfer goes through, no way a club would pay for one player that kind of amount.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:48 pm

sportsczy wrote:@BC... the errors you make in transfer markets catch up with you a few years down the line. Other than Neymar and Suarez, I would say that Barca have been a complete disaster in almost everything else they have done. Umtiti is the only reason I say "almost" because i think he can develop into a top CB. But Turan, Rakitic, Gomes, Digne, Douglas, Alcacer, etc.

As a Madrid fan I know full well about the long term ramifications of a lot of bad decisions.

So there's nothing Barca could really do this transfer window. But they should have done better in the previous ones.

In a lot of ways, Barca is becoming what Real Madrid was in 2004 on. Namely, you have an aging legend in Messi (Zidane back then) that is carrying the brand. The trophies are going away because they depend on the team and the team is becoming dysfunctional despite having star power. It's haphazard, reactionary and vision-less executive management.

I know full well the mistakes that the board has made (altho I wouldn't count Rakitic amongst them) but we're speaking specifically about Neymar and in this case I don't think a mistake was done. They renewed with him 9 months ago to ensure that he stayed and set his fee at a value over 2 times bigger than the biggest transfer ever. What more could have been done?

I do wonder if an effort is being made to match Neymar's salary or at least get some of the way there to convince him to stay. I assumed they would be, but Bart said he wasn't speaking to him so perhaps not. That would be a mistake.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:57 pm

They should have priced it out of the realm of possibility.

I'm reminded of Higuain at Napoli. 94M, a fee that when the contract was signed was believed to be a fee no one would pay.

I believe if it was a fee parallel to Messi at 300, then there's no discussion whatsoever. Maybe a World record bid tabled but that's power to Barca.

Milan has spent roughly what it would cost to sign Neymar this summer. Man city have nearly spent it on full backs. In terms of quality and marketing, one Neymar can do a lot of good and it's quite apparent to everyone.

However, it's a step down for him in my opinion. Barca is a top 3 club. PSG is a top 10. So it's not a massive step but it's still a step down. The other thing is, he will never leave Paris, so he's got to be prepared to play 6-8 years there.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:58 pm

I still dont believe this amount PSG willing to pay, in todays world yes, but still its just way too much money for one single player. Unless PSG has some kind of thing with their finances or whatever, but in reality even if this transfer goes through, no way a club would pay for one player that kind of amount.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:25 pm

Luca wrote:They should have priced it out of the realm of possibility.

You can't just price it out because players have a say in that. You think Neymar would've agreed to the same contract if the fee would've been something like 500m? Certainly not.

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

I do wonder if an effort is being made to match Neymar's salary or at least get some of the way there to convince him to stay. I assumed they would be, but Bart said he wasn't speaking to him so perhaps not. That would be a mistake.
Well to be fair I'd expect you would have to raise his wages significantly if you'd want to change his mind.. So you raise his wages by quite a margin, then Messi will want a significant raise as well. I don't know but at some point too much is just too much.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:48 pm

papa nerman bonuses

-10 mil to renew at santos in 2011
-40 mil to sign to barca
-26 mil to renew in 2016
-40 mil to move to psg

Molenation
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:12 pm

zigra wrote:
Luca wrote:They should have priced it out of the realm of possibility.

You can't just price it out because players have a say in that. You think Neymar would've agreed to the same contract if the fee would've been something like 500m? Certainly not.

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Well to be fair I'd expect you would have to raise his wages significantly if you'd want to change his mind.. So you raise his wages by quite a margin, then Messi will want a significant raise as well. I don't know but at some point too much is just too much.

Who said anything about it being the same contract? Ronaldo and Benzema have buyout clauses of 1 billion. Messi 300 million. Obviously it's something that is discussed and if it meant better wages or something different to accommodate a higher clause then my point stands, the release clause should've priced out any possibility of this happening and it didn't do that.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:22 am

Qatar sports investment will pay Neymar for €300M to be an ambassador for the 2022 world cup. The contract will be signed in qatar, so there will be 0% tax.

Neymar will pay €222M to barcelona to be released and then psg will sign him for free.

€78M will be left for Neymar, including the fact that psg will also sign him for €30M per year + bonuses on a 5 year deal with an option to extend for another year.

In overall, Neymar will earn more than €40M net per year for 6 years.

Lmao, Neymar and psg making a mockery of UEFA AND FFP. FFS!!! Neymar at this rate will probably be thee marketing machine holy grail of football..
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:39 am

The thing is, if Neymar is buying himself out and not PSG... and then Neymar signs with PSG.... what can UEFA do? They really can't do anything. It's not PSG who is paying him to be a brand ambassador either. It's QSI.

Legally, UEFA can do nothing. They can scream and yell, as can Barca. But legally, there's no recourse.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:04 am

this is sports wet dream, Barca lose elite player to his beloved QSG Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:24 am

Can't wait for FFP to be abolished
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:17 am

bye bye Neymar, you will not be missed Proud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:22 am

Very bothered by this and yet... cannot help but be amazed by psg's tactics to circumvent the FFP regulations.

then again, get done in doggy style FFP regulations. Never liked ya.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:59 pm

I expect Dybala to Barcellona after it.
Besides Juve on Keita ( even after Bernardeschi ) looks like strange
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:07 pm

Hmm, i was wondering the same about Juve and Keita, they already got Berna and Costa

Wouldn't be surprised Barca go after Dybala
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:24 pm

Should get Dymbo and Dembele IMO.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:53 pm

So Neymar visited the RM dressing room for 15mins after the clasico and emerged with 2 RM shirts after the game. Good lad Neymar saying his goodbyes to his NT teammates before he leaves Spain for good

Bye, don't let the door hit you on your way out. You definitely won't be missed by madridistas

Now if China can buy Messi's contract out, I would appreciate that very much
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:12 pm

I pray Neymar leaves for psg immediately. It will be less problem for us in madrid. That boy can decide a game in an instant - SERGIO RAMOS.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:24 pm

Realistically this could still violate FFP. Since the money Neymar uses to buy his contract out is a PSG asset, it could be rendered illegal.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:26 pm

Neymars instagram stories has one beats ad, one ad for his nike signature shoes, one photo of him and floyed mayweather. Man is a walking billboard ffs.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:30 pm

Yeah who is we to judge his worth... but it's money straight from Qatars own pocket. Otherwise money laundering in real life with other things would be legal, u with me? This isn't unheard of in money laundering, it's ultimately up to if FFP is serious or not.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:33 pm

Basically any assets from Qatar can't be used to buy Neymars contract. That would be violating FFP.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:34 pm

@guest. Except you're saying that it has now become a crime to offer players sponsorship endorsements. Otherwise, trust me, uefa has nothing on psg.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:37 pm

I am going to miss the Neymar v Carvajal battles though. They never miss a chance to one up each other off thr ball. Its going to be boring now when Carvajal faces Paco/Arda. The Neymar Carvajal battle is one of the best I've ever seen, A top 3 attacker vs the best RB. Probably the toughest opponent Carvajal faces
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:37 pm

I'll tell you what. If Neymar doesn't make the switch next week, rest assured he'll stay at Barcelona.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next