footyfan01
BarrileteCosmico
zigra
LeVersacci
M99
38 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 14 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by M99 Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:03 pm

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 14 DY8Ju0s

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 14 MD9TFC3

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 14 ZwBDaU2

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 14 K84QPSx

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 14 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by LeVersacci Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:14 pm

Missed your tl;dr series m99
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:44 pm

Wun Wun
Greywurm-Tormund-Mountain-Gendry
Bronn-Jorah
Euron-Jaqen-Jaimie
Jon Snow
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:38 pm

A few predictions/thoughts for the rest of the season:

- I'm assuming Bronn and Jaime will not die but be captured. With that assumption, Tyrion will propose to exchange Jaime for Yara instead of killing him. That will be hard considering Jaime murdered the Mad King but she will understand that vengeance is less important than getting an ally back.

- As for Bronn, he has to defect after this battle right? He was promised a highborn wife, a castle and lots of gold way back in S4. He has none of these things and just saw the Lannisters get wrecked, plus their opposition have freakin dragons. Tyrion will vouch for him, restore his knighthood and "double the prize" as he said way back in S1. I'm hoping he joins Jon and the Westeros Avengers North of the Wall Proud

- Something that could easily solve the Unsullied problem in Casterly Rock is contacting who ever is ruling the Riverlands (Edmure Tully?). Edmure could easily provide food from the Riverlands or help the Unsullied return to the Crownlands. Jon could propose to help with that instead of remaining in Dragonstone. Like the North. they've bent the knee to the Targaryens before, they are natural allies. I hope the showrunners didn't just forget them and Stormlands (more on that later)

- What the hell is Littlefinger still doing in Winterfell? His original plan was to rally the North around Sansa right? But since the North literally crowned a bastard instead of her, what the hell is his plan now? He should be in the South playing Cersei and Dany against each other instead of playing mind games with Stark children :facepalm:

- I also hope the Stormlands come into play again, why not send Davos as an envoy instead of letting him creep up on Missandei? (as funny as that has been). He is the former Hand of Stannis Baratheon and has joined cause with Daenerys, he could convince them with his sexy voice especially if he can rally them around Robert Baratheon's only living heir Gendry. It disappoints me that the showrunners have decided to leave out the Riverlands and Stormlands and the Vale-- three huge factions that could make the difference for either side.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:44 pm

Littlefinger doesn't have many options. He probably thinks that Cersei will lose plus he attacked the Boltons with the Vale giving winterfell to the starks, so he is surely not welcomed in Kings Landing. He knows that he can't creep into Dany's camp because Tyrion and Varys are there. So he has to play the north. He screwed up with Sansa (by giving her to Ramsay) and now an omnipresent Stark is there. He's done, its the end of the road in terms of shadily climbing ladders.

Last edited by rincon on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:45 pm

Still can't get over Bran's "Chaos is a ladder" moment. Probably the biggest pulling out of one's dick I've ever witnessed in my life rofl
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:47 pm

It was perfect. Laughing

"Oh, so you are creeping on people? well I can creep on everyone at the same time, past and present"

Last edited by rincon on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:51 pm

Bran: Chaos is a ladder
Littlefinger: https://i.giphy.com/media/l3q2K5jinAlChoCLS/200w.gif
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:52 pm

@urban the riverlands and the stormlands have been specially decimated by war. The whole Robb war happened on the riverlands. Everybody died with Robb and Catelyn and then the few remaining ones kneeled to Jaime. All the peasants and common folk got extra boned by the conflicts. Its the whole point of the Brotherhood.

The stormlands were already pretty bad, then some chose Renly and lost. Then some chose Stannis and lost twice (blackwater and the wildlings/boltons).
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:08 pm

That's true but I was not specifically thinking of armies with these two factions. The Stormlands are important because if they are on Dany's side they could allow the Dornish army --which is untouched-- to join Dany's war or if they are on Cersei's side they could block the Dornish army from joining them. I just wish they would clear these things up, all it takes is one line.

And the Riverlords could help with food, as the Riverlands are the second richest lands in Westeros which has been a big plot point so far this season, especially with the Unsullied who are not far from the Riverlands.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:12 pm

Speaking of food... Just how retarded was Dany burning the food and gold convoy? Hmm I see soldiers to the left and soldiers to the right, i know, let's burn the valuable resources my army will need in winter!
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:19 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Speaking of food... Just how retarded was Dany burning the food and gold convoy? Hmm I see soldiers to the left and soldiers to the right, i know, let's burn the valuable resources my army will need in winter!

The gold just got melted to a pile, and the food was cooked.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:52 pm

Not entirely sure why the supplies she mentioned needing for the Unsullied were specifically targeted and destroyed but the gold definitely wasn't in there. Randyll Tarly mentioned right before the battle that it had reached King's Landing.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:07 pm

i thought the gold was returned safely to king's landing, sure tarly mentioned that

the food got turned into ash though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:16 pm

Are you sure? At least one truck of gold got burned. The one Bronn got his gold from?

Need to rewatch Monday and do two episodes in a row.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:46 pm

Maybe Jaime rushed enough carts to KL to pay for the debt but there were the rest left behind?

rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:57 pm

Nah Randall said gold was all beyond the gates of kings landing. Maybe one or two left but most was gone through.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:58 pm

I only remember Cersei saying the payment was in its way. Might have happened in the meantime. The story is progressing fast.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:10 am

I almost have similar team to rincon and Tom.

Mine:
Stannis
Jaqen H'ghar
Tywin
Bronn
Khal Drogo

winning team af Molenation
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:29 am

Don't know how well those would work together hmm

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:57 am

I see nothing that indicates that there was any gold left since Randyll Tarly said "the gold is through the gates at King's Landing" and they were talking about the Lannister forces being divided and there being stragglers delaying their progress.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:13 am

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 14 P1qna96cfkez
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:30 am

I see nothing that indicates that there was any gold left since Randyll Tarly said "the gold is through the gates at King's Landing" and they were talking about the Lannister forces being divided and there being stragglers delaying their progress.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:41 am

They made it pretty clear the gold was gone before the battle kicked off. So basically, the bank will be able to lend the Lannisters a hand.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:50 am

I think the implication was enough gold had made the city to pay off the debts, but there was still some making its way.

In any case, pretty soon food will be more valuable than gold, considering winter lasts for years.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:18 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4_o8W7pvVk
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next