footyfan01
BarrileteCosmico
zigra
LeVersacci
M99
38 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 23 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:26 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5xdTlgaaaw

Cleganebowl is on

If not, why the hell are they in a stadium ffs Laughing

Can't wait for tomorrow when it's leaked in 4k

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 23 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Glory Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:04 am

El Gunner wrote:Glory can you pls stop shitting on things for the sake of shitting on things. http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/rsz_tqharym.png

Spoiler:

All right. Wasnt my intention to do it on purpose. Especially considering I myself had opined its better to focus on the positives, so .. yea my bad. Will try not to from hereon.  

Speaking outside spoiler tags Smile
Episode on a pure visual standpoint was awesome. Bear sequence was terrific. Got Revenant vibes.  
The entire north of the wall stuff was visceral and cool. Top stuff.
The Winterfell part was a bit confusing. Especially the 'invitation from King's Landing' part? What was it? Did that letter actually arrive or is it just a Sansa-LF ploy to remove Brienne from the picture?
Arya playing with Sansa's mind was a great watch too.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:59 am

EP7 better leak ffs

7 more days is just torture smh
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:58 am

7 more days is fine imo. The fact that S8 wont come most likely until 2019 will be the real torture.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:08 am

Arya is the dumbest character in the show, she was especially unbearable in this one. Sansa was right in everything she said.

Loved everything else about the episode, can't wait for Drogon/Rhaegal vs Wightserion :bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:44 am

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 23 AQIf7JB
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:12 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Arya is the dumbest character in the show, she was especially unbearable in this one. Sansa was right in everything she said.

Loved everything else about the episode, can't wait for Drogon/Rhaegal vs Wightserion :bow:

It wasnt about Arya being dumb. She is fiercely loyal to the north and her family. Just like Jon. Just like Robb. Even like her father to the extent they most times think with their hearts and not their brains. They are reckless. And if you observe their history, interestingly this trait runs through almost all Starks. Like Brandon Stark who rushed to KL in fury upon learning about R 'kidnapping' L.

Put any of these guys in Sansa's position when Cersei and co. were forcing her to write the letter, they wouldnt have agreed. Arya was spot on as to what she said FROM HER PERSPECTIVE.
Sansa is the most non-Stark of them all. She is like her mother. Even looks like her mother. 'Thinks' like her mother (if you remember it was Catleyn who did all the 'thinking' for Robb).  

The only problem with this part for me was Arya making a big meal of this issue 'now'. They all had reunited finally after years. Ideally she should be taking this letter with a pinch of salt considering she must be knowing just like Jon and Sansa that how important is to stay together as a single and united wolf pack.  But then again, the lack of time might be what forcing the writers to speed the arc up and make things really happen.
When Arya was going to KL to murder Cersei, she was a faceless assassin. When she learned about Jon, she became a Stark. Now upon reaching Winterfell she is again playing faceless games. So, nothing to see there, just inconsistent writing as usual lol.

Last edited by Glory on Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:48 am

Arya is not a well adjusted person. She spent every moment after Winterfell pretending to be other people and growing up with savages and murderers (The Mountain, The Hound, Jaqen, The Goat, Rorge, The tickler, Tywin, The Faceless Men, etc.). She saw her father die in KL, experienced her mother and brother's death in the twins, her aunt's death in the vale. Didn't she laugh maniacally when they found out that Lysa died? she lost it by then.

She had been Arya, Arry, "a wolf", "no one". You can't grow up like that and all of a sudden be a model citizen, specially on the face a supposed betrayal. I'm not loving some of the Winterfell plots this season but the fact that Arya is an extremist psychopath with a personality disorder is something I can get behind. I wouldn't call out the writing being bad on that, its in character. Her whole story has been about pretending to be someone else, so who is she now? a weird mix of all that.

We saw her act like the Hound in the inn when she met Hotpie. Act like a faceless assassin when she killed the Frey's and when she confronted Ed Sheeran. Act like a Stark when she first arrived in Winterfell. She is *bleep* up, she is not one of these persons, she is all, and none of them.

She said to just cut the heads of the lords of the vale because they showed a bit of dissent towards Jon. IMO that's a good reflection of what you can get after you traumatize a little girl that much and then train her to be a survivor and a super assassin.

She is extremely loyal and wouldn't entertain any notion of anything else, specially given that she has been given no room for mistakes or second guesses in her shitty life. Everyone that crossed her in some way made it to a kill list which actually carries through.

Didn't Melissandre comment on how much darkness was in Arya's heart way back then? I don't remember if it was book only, or if it was that weird visionary old lady that said it in the Brotherhood in the books when she met Arya. Anyway, its always been a real thing.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:51 am

rincon wrote:Arya is not a well adjusted person. She spent every moment after Winterfell pretending to be other people and growing up with savages and murderers (The Mountain, The Hound, Jaqen, The Goat, Rorge, The tickler, Tywin, The Faceless Men, etc.). She saw her father die in KL, experienced her mother and brother's death in the twins, her aunt's death in the vale. Didn't she laugh maniacally when they found out that Lysa died? she lost it by then.

She had been Arya, Arry, "a wolf", "no one". You can't grow up like that and all of a sudden be a model citizen, specially on the face a supposed betrayal. I'm not loving some of the Winterfell plots this season but the fact that Arya is an extremist psychopath with a personality disorder is something I can get behind. I wouldn't call out the writing being bad on that, its in character. Her whole story has been about pretending to be someone else, so who is she now? a weird mix of all that.

We saw her act like the Hound in the inn when she met Hotpie. Act like a faceless assassin when she killed the Frey's and when she confronted Ed Sheeran. Act like a Stark when she first arrived in Winterfell. She is *bleep* up, she is not one of these persons, she is all, and none of them.

She said to just cut the heads of the lords of the vale because they showed a bit of dissent towards Jon. IMO that's a good reflection of what you can get after you traumatize a little girl that much and then train her to be a survivor and a super assassin.

She is extremely loyal and wouldn't entertain any notion of anything else, specially given that she has been given no room for mistakes or second guesses in her shitty life. Everyone that crossed her in some way made it to a kill list which actually carries through.

k can't deny that tbh. hmm

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:05 am

Also, if someone did anything stupid between the 2, it was Sansa. Whatever the reason be, sending away Brienne was wrong on so many levels. The show has made us known Sansa is not particularly fond of LF. Its understandable she must be more scared and suspicious of Arya now than she is of Baelish with that latest confrontation with the faces and stuff. But even still, if there was one person she can count on at Winterfell it was BoT. Even if the invitation from KL was true and not some scheme, Sansa could have simply chose to do nothing in response at least until 1) a proper reason is stated for the invite or 2) Jon is back. Its not like they are losing a war or anything. Cersei is not capable at this juncture of running up to Winterfell and capture Sansa.

And as I mentioned already, what the f could that invitation be about? Cersei harboring for peace like they are going to do with Dany. Calling both of her enemies to the capital to do a 'Burn them all'?

Last edited by Glory on Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:08 am

Yeah I didn't really get why Sansa sent Brienne away. Unless a cool reveal comes in the finale, I'll just keep assuming that she is as dumb as she has always been.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:43 pm

http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/game-of-thrones-recap-beyond-the-wall-review/2/

Agreed with everything he said here, great spectacle ruined by awful plotting and ridiculous levels of plot armor
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:55 pm

LeVersacci wrote:GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 23 AQIf7JB

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 23 ACsXf3u
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:11 pm

M99 wrote:
LeVersacci wrote:GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 23 AQIf7JB

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 23 ACsXf3u
So glad it was the WW that killed a dragon and not a stupid ballista :bow:

You guys think the dragon is the key to take down the wall?

I assume in the books it'll be something else like maybe the horn.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:02 pm

rincon wrote:Arya is not a well adjusted person. She spent every moment after Winterfell pretending to be other people and growing up with savages and murderers (The Mountain, The Hound, Jaqen, The Goat, Rorge, The tickler, Tywin, The Faceless Men, etc.). She saw her father die in KL, experienced her mother and brother's death in the twins, her aunt's death in the vale. Didn't she laugh maniacally when they found out that Lysa died? she lost it by then.

Didn't Melissandre comment on how much darkness was in Arya's heart way back then? I don't remember if it was book only, or if it was that weird visionary old lady that said it in the Brotherhood in the books when she met Arya. Anyway, its always been a real thing.

This is one of the best breakdowns of Arya I've seen in a while tbqh. It's why I like reading other people's opinions on tv shows. Sometimes these thoughts are scattered in my head and I don't even realize it even but someone else puts it together so well that it finally makes sense. Top post.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Everything Arya has done is totally in character. Great breakdown, Rincon!

And pretty sure Mel said that stuff to Arya in season 3
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:16 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Arya is the dumbest character in the show, she was especially unbearable in this one. Sansa was right in everything she said.

lol, you're dumb.

I basically said the same stuff rincon said about Arya after episode 1 of this season, just not as in much detail.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:22 pm

urby is completely right, she was retarded, who confronts her sister like this mini Mrs Smith? She keeps insisting something something sinister Sansa is doing which isn't true, so freaking retarded
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:29 pm

ES wrote:urby is completely right, she was retarded, who confronts her sister like this mini Mrs Smith? She keeps insisting something something sinister Sansa is doing which isn't true, so freaking retarded

If she wanted to hurt Sansa she wouldn't give her the dagger. Let's seee what happens next episode.

She's psycho though. Would hate her being all chummy with Sansa, a sister she's always hated.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:02 am

Has anyone noticed that when Bran sent Ravens scouting for the White Walkers and when his warging got noticed/broken up by the NK, the NK was at the same spot Jon and the gang were in episode 6. This bastard knew all along. It's probably why he had the Wildlings' chains ready to pull a dragon out of the water. Wow.

One pet peeve though.....how the *bleep* did Jon not die in that water? Especially considering he'd just been stuck on that island and in the blistering winter for over a day?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:04 am

Throwback scene.

Edmure's foolishness effectively lost Robb the war tbh. The domino effect of his dumb move got Robb killed.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:06 am

Blue Barrett wrote:Has anyone noticed that when Bran sent Ravens scouting for the White Walkers and when his warging got noticed/broken up by the NK, the NK was at the same spot Jon and the gang were in episode 6. This bastard knew all along. It's probably why he had the Wildlings' chains ready to pull a dragon out of the water. Wow.

One pet peeve though.....how the *bleep* did Jon not die in that water? Especially considering he'd just been stuck on that island and in the blistering winter for over a day?

Pretty sure you can survive in freezing water for around 10 minutes
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:36 am

Freeza wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:Has anyone noticed that when Bran sent Ravens scouting for the White Walkers and when his warging got noticed/broken up by the NK, the NK was at the same spot Jon and the gang were in episode 6. This bastard knew all along. It's probably why he had the Wildlings' chains ready to pull a dragon out of the water. Wow.

Pretty sure you can survive in freezing water for around 10 minutes

Yeah but that's presumably when your body has been previously warm, no? Not when you'd been walking in a blizard for hours on hours and eventually stuck in the blizzard for well over 24 hours and you're already freezing. Plus he would have had to fight off the 2 wights that pushed him into the water as well as swim to another part of the lake - which he apparently did as he didn't come out from the same area he was pushed into.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:39 am

I don't think it's much easier if you're previously warm is it? I'd imagine the shock while entering the water would be incredibly dangerous.

Anyways not something I'm bothered by. Didn't seem far fetched. Neither did the running from Gendry and the Raven + Dragon transport.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:40 am

Forgot to mention...the Dany/Jon sexual tension...whats going on here?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:43 am

Its going to be hilarious if they bang and then Jon finds out about his heritage. Jon really doesn't like someone who would consciously commit incest.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next