The 2017/18 Calcio Thread

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Re: The 2017/18 Calcio Thread

Post by Luca on Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:17 pm

Your argument is based on Buffon making a mistake costing Juve the game, I don't think he cost us the game with his error

It's like saying Dybala should be benched for missing the penalty on 2-2, its a thought but one that won't materialize

I'm just thinking on a broader scale for this match particularly where both keepers made an identical mistake basically

Luca
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11244
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: The 2017/18 Calcio Thread

Post by rincon on Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:19 pm

It just happens. We had the same 2-2 result in Bergamo last year.

The disallowed goal, the missed penalty, a *bleep* up game that comes a couple of times per season where its just not meant to be. Like season's Atalanta, Genoa and Fiore.
avatar
rincon
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 9897
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The 2017/18 Calcio Thread

Post by Luca on Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:22 pm

I'm with ya, it happens. I'm not panicking but we did suck today in a couple different areas. Were becoming a bit too Dybala dependent. Mandzukic without Alex Sandro probably doesn't work as a winger.

We could've done with Pjanic tonight for sure

Props to Atalanta, they don't lie down and they're a great team
avatar
Luca
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11244
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The 2017/18 Calcio Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:23 pm

If it's really true what Rincon says that it's 1, 2 mistakes a season while the other games he saves points, then that's the answer to my question.

However it was a pretty bad mistake today, he's 40 *bleep* years old and you bought Sczesny to replace him so my general question, in face of that mistake, was whether Buffon's level hasn't dropped to the point where Sczesny could be an upgrade.

But apparently no, so, good for you.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 21927
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: The 2017/18 Calcio Thread

Post by Luca on Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:29 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:If it's really true what Rincon says that it's 1, 2 mistakes a season while the other games he saves points, then that's the answer to my question.

However it was a pretty bad mistake today, he's 40 *bleep* years old and you bought Sczesny to replace him so my general question, in face of that mistake, was whether Buffon's level hasn't dropped to the point where Sczesny could be an upgrade.

But apparently no, so, good for you.


My apologies, I thought those things were known. Szczesny is quite good and has looked in fine form when called upon if that helps at all
avatar
Luca
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11244
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The 2017/18 Calcio Thread

Post by Kaladin on Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:29 pm

His level did drop but he's Buffon so all is exempt
avatar
Kaladin
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 20925
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The 2017/18 Calcio Thread

Post by rincon on Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:30 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:If it's really true what Rincon says that it's 1, 2 mistakes a season while the other games he saves points, then that's the answer to my question.

However it was a pretty bad mistake today, he's 40 *bleep* years old and you bought Sczesny to replace him so my general question, in face of that mistake, was whether Buffon's level hasn't dropped to the point where Sczesny could be an upgrade.

But apparently no, so, good for you.


It is like that, he is a guarantee 95% of the time. Specially now that our backline is being figured out is not the time to bench him.

Szczesny has already played 2 games and will continue to play. Not because of a drop in Buffon's level but because he is good enough to play whenever and deserves it.

@Luca wrote:I'm with ya, it happens. I'm not panicking but we did suck today in a couple different areas. Were becoming a bit too Dybala dependent. Mandzukic without Alex Sandro probably doesn't work as a winger.

We could've done with Pjanic tonight for sure

Props to Atalanta, they don't lie down and they're a great team


Seriously, Asamoah and Mandzukic sucks. Mandzu works so well with Sandro but with Asamoah there is just no width. Prefer Costa being paired up with Asamoah.

Yes, props to Atalanta. They still play very well. A draw in Bergamo with a team missing this many "starters" is as "fine" as not winning can be fine. Last season we had less points (2 less) and 5 less goals at this stage. If we keep up this level we are good, Napoli is bound to drop points.
avatar
rincon
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 9897
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The 2017/18 Calcio Thread

Post by Kaladin on Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:31 pm

Just noticed i can't Upventus on this app
avatar
Kaladin
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 20925
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The 2017/18 Calcio Thread

Post by Robespierre on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:31 pm

Meh Buffon isn't a factor longer and he is increasing his mistakes. No reasons why Sczezsny should be benched for him but we never would agree with Juve fanbase on it.
avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 10631
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: The 2017/18 Calcio Thread

Post by breva on Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:32 am

Inter looked terrible, by the way. Benevento FFS.
avatar
breva
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1533
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: The 2017/18 Calcio Thread

Post by breva on Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:33 am

@Robespierre wrote:
@rincon wrote:Ancelotti is coming for sure. It's a matter of before or after the derby.
Sky Sport reports that Milan trust totally in Montella and Ancelotti is not intended to lead new clubs during this year


That means Ancelotti will be the new Milan manager. LOL
avatar
breva
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1533
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: The 2017/18 Calcio Thread

Post by Luca on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:04 am

@Robespierre wrote:Meh Buffon isn't a factor longer and he is increasing his mistakes. No reasons why Sczezsny should be benched for him but we never would agree with Juve fanbase on it.


I think if Buffon is the weakest link of a 6 time Scudetto winning team, then were doing just fine
avatar
Luca
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11244
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The 2017/18 Calcio Thread

Post by Warrior on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:08 am

Bernardeschi barely plays even after 2 months, because we have the veteran Mandzukic who was already there. Sandro had to wait for his turn because of Evra's presence. And the list goes on since Allegri is the coach, that's his philosophy.

I don't see why it will be otherwise for the goalkeepers. As if Sczesny was way better than Buffon, in other words a sort of semi-god that can resolve all our problems easily Rolling Eyes

Is Buffon worse than he was in 2006 ? Nobody is perfect and that's another debate.

For his last season he will play most games and save our ass a couple of times in the process. Then Sczesny will takeover and not before, he seems to have a good level but still unproven.
avatar
Warrior
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 2883
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The 2017/18 Calcio Thread

Post by Luca on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:15 am

https://streamable.com/x0b9i

This is a really underrated goal
avatar
Luca
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11244
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The 2017/18 Calcio Thread

Post by Robespierre on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:44 am

@Luca wrote:
@Robespierre wrote:Meh Buffon isn't a factor longer and he is increasing his mistakes. No reasons why Sczezsny should be benched for him but we never would agree with Juve fanbase on it.


I think if Buffon is the weakest link of a 6 time Scudetto winning team, then were doing just fine

Your main target is the Champions League, and I still remember the Casemiro goal though

_________________
So, who's stopping Lazio and Roma from winning CL places ?
avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 10631
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: The 2017/18 Calcio Thread

Post by Andrew on Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:40 pm

That's called selective memory, mate.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 1162
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: The 2017/18 Calcio Thread

Post by Kaladin on Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:45 pm

Thats called delusional, mate

-------

http://www.goallegacy.net/viewtopic.forum?t=40915

_________________
Odium comes
avatar
Kaladin
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 20925
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum