CBarca
Adit
Myesyats
40 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 31 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by McLewis Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:17 am

That's normal for school districts like this unfortunately. Sauk County, where Baraboo resides in, is 97% white after all and was one of the so-called "Pivot counties", meaning it voted for Obama twice and then turned around and voted for Trump in 2016. What's ironic is they went for Democrat Evers for Governor over GOP Walker in the recent election although the local sheriff, a Republican, won re-election. It's likely heavily Republican, heavily Christian, and heavily conservative. These are perfect conditions for incubating racist tendencies in a smaller society like this.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:15 pm

https://news.sky.com/video/anti-migrant-protests-in-mexico-11557971

and the 2018 biggest trolls award goes to rofl rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:32 pm

Got to love Trump bluntness, regarding his statement on Saudi Arabia. He is correct nothing will change regarding their relationship with that regime.

Obama and other politicians would have taken the same course, only they would have publicly condemned the Saudi and have cooling period.

I guess it makes everyone feel better to cast Trump as some sort of Evil that is not the norm for the US.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:28 am

US government is evil. everyone knows that. well maybe not in the US but around the world everyone knows USA will get what they want no matter the way no matter the cost.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:59 pm

Mamad wrote:US government is evil. everyone knows that. well maybe not in the US but around the world everyone knows USA will get what they want no matter the way no matter the cost.
dont tell me you are one of them dudes that set fire to the US flag every 4th of july Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:28 pm

Nah. but they are not wrong.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:33 pm

Every world power has done some kind of evil in their time, it is not fair to single out the US imo
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:37 pm

Myesyats wrote:Every world power has done some kind of evil in their time, it is not fair to single out the US imo
especially if you come from iran.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:11 pm

How are the Saudi's btw? your best friend.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:26 pm

Mamad wrote:How are the Saudi's btw? your best friend.
the Saudi's are no friends of mine mate. its like you have never read any of my posts at all.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

They are friends of USA. and USA blames Iran for everything.

so how can they be friends with a country which is 10 times worse than Iran in every bad way that you can imagine?

the answer is money. there is no good or bad for USA. there is just money. and that's pure evil.

so why it's wrong for me to call out such bias, and blame USA for this? from Iran or not.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:00 pm

Mamad wrote:They are friends of USA. and USA blames Iran for everything.

so how can they be friends with a country which is 10 times worse than Iran in every bad way that you can imagine?

the answer is money. there is no good or bad for USA. there is just money. and that's pure evil.

so why it's wrong for me to call out such bias, and blame USA for this? from Iran or not.
because you shouldnt step over the garbage in your own back yard to look over the fence at your neighbor. for how long as iran had governments that are motivated more by religion than politics. how long has iran had governments that has oppressed people and abused the human rights of its own people. stoning of women. hanging for gay people. wife beating. death penalty for blasphemy. forced child marriage. female genital mutilation. for years the governments of iran has stood by and watched stuff like this and done nothing. maybe you should worry more about things closer to home before you worry about anyone els.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:23 am

When did exactly i said im defending Iran's government? and since when im responsible for the shit mullah's do? if anything USA helped them gain power  Laughing . go read history.

We are not talking about Iran here. we are talking about USA. answer my question or don't bother typing some random shit.

Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:16 pm

Didn't the one government that could have been a positive influence on Iran get ousted by the CIA?

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:14 am

Former President George H.W Bush passed away at 94.

Not the warmonger his son turned out to be. No scandals. Distinguished himself in WWII by signing up for the air force when his Senator of a dad could've gotten him out of it. Flew 58 combat missions as well. Congressman, CIA Director, Vice President and other positions held too. Was very gracious to his successor Bill Clinton as well after losing his re-election bid. The kind of Republican a liberal like me respected, yet still disagreed with.

RIP
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:24 am

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:40 pm

It’s a great American tradition to celebrate War Criminals when they die.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:24 pm

Freeza wrote:It’s a great American tradition to celebrate War Criminals when they die.
i think everyone has supported a war criminal or a terrorist at one time or other.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:45 pm

I would imagine you're referring to this, Freeza - https://theintercept.com/2018/12/01/the-ignored-legacy-of-george-h-w-bush-war-crimes-racism-and-obstruction-of-justice/

If so, yes you're right.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:54 pm

Bush was CIA director in the late 70s and early 80s, no?
He oversaw stuff like Iran-Contra, supporting Marcos in Philipines, etc
So yeah, we shouldn't shed a tear for people like him.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:10 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Bush was CIA director in the late 70s and early 80s, no?
He oversaw stuff like Iran-Contra, supporting Marcos in Philipines, etc
So yeah, we shouldn't shed a tear for people like him.
tbh has there ever been a politician or activist that we should shed a tear for and im not being sarcasic in saying that. gandhi slept next to naked young girls because it tested his restraint from having sex with them so he was basically admitting he had the urge to sleep with young girls. mandela bombed and killed people for political gain so by definition was a terrorist. che guevara was a racist homophobe but we see millions of people love them and have the t shirt to prove it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:42 pm

How different would the world be without them though? Yes, they were imperfect. Very imperfect. We shouldn't forget, but we can't toss their accomplishments and results to the side because of it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:57 pm

McLewis wrote:How different would the world be without them though? Yes, they were imperfect. Very imperfect. We shouldn't forget, but we can't toss their accomplishments and results to the side because of it.
that’s the point I’m trying to make. Depending on how you see a person you will either bring up the good stuff about them or the bad. Hans and freeza obviously didn’t like bush that’s why they are saying don’t shed a tear for a war criminal. Freeza tends to see everyone as a victim anyway but I’m sure lots of people respect the late George bush and don’t see him as a war criminal.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:02 am

McLewis wrote:How different would the world be without them though? Yes, they were imperfect. Very imperfect. We shouldn't forget, but we can't toss their accomplishments and results to the side because of it.

Sure if you had the same opinion before they died, then at least you’ve staged consistent.

I’ve seen a lot of sentiment in twitter regarding McCain and Bush Sr. after they’ve passed on, from people who have only been critical of them. I find this to be extremely dishonest. This kind of hagiographic discourse around people who have harmed a lot of people seem weird, and it seems a current tendency, even with living politicians like Bush Jr. who I think is the worst president I’ve yet seen. He committed so many atrocities, because he wasn’t fit for the office at all. At this point I’ve a hard time seeing Trump ever becoming as bad because he’s too lazy and incompetent to truly commit atrocities on the level of W.

It’s such a hard position to be president really. I don’t really think Bush Jr. is a bad dude. But he was probably too unfit and naive to be president and too much of a push-over when it came to Dick Cheney who is an absolute warmonger and criminal.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:24 am

Freeza wrote:

Sure if you had the same opinion before they died, then at least you’ve staged consistent.

I’ve seen a lot of sentiment in twitter regarding McCain and Bush Sr. after they’ve passed on, from people who have only been critical of them. I find this to be extremely dishonest. This kind of hagiographic discourse around people who have harmed a lot of people seem weird, and it seems a current tendency, even with living politicians like Bush Jr. who I think is the worst president I’ve yet seen. He committed so many atrocities, because he wasn’t fit for the office at all. At this point I’ve a hard time seeing Trump ever becoming as bad because he’s too lazy and incompetent to truly commit atrocities on the level of W.

It’s such a hard position to be president really. I don’t really think Bush Jr. is a bad dude. But he was probably too unfit and naive to be president and too much of a push-over when it came to Dick Cheney who is an absolute warmonger and criminal.

HW came before my time so my opinion of him isn't as developed as the one I have about his son. The Bushes in general have this way of being super nice people who do really shitty things. HW, by all accounts, was a nice guy, as was his son. Yet both did some messed up stuff while President. As you said, it's a hard position. The reality is that no one leaves that post completely unscathed. Presidents are the ultimate politicians and to get that mountaintop, souls get sold, pounds of flesh taken, and skeletons closeted.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:53 pm

George Bush (the original) was an incredibly smart and great president. 10000000000000x smarter and more evolved than his children.

The reason he didn't get elected is that he made hard decisions that fell outside party lines. In that period, democrats and republicans worked together regardless of who was president. There was a big budget deficit problem... democrats wanted to increase taxes while the republicans wanted to cut government spending. We were in a recession so HW didn't feel that cutting spending was viable so he sided with the democrats' plan for the budget deficit. The republican party felt betrayed, his popularity fell... and it cost him the second term.

He also spearheaded a big budget increase on educational spending... which went against Republican wishes.

The guy was smart, had principles and did what he felt was right regardless of which side came up with the idea.

He voted for the Civil Rights Act although it was unpopular in his Texas district when he was a congressman.

He supported birth control as a republican congressman.

His resume:
Congressional years (1967–1971)
Ambassador to the United Nations (1971–1973)
Chairman of the Republican National Committee (1973–1974)
Head of U.S. Liaison Office in China (1974–1975)
Director of Central Intelligence (1976–1977)
US Vice President (1981-1989)
US President (1989-1993)

The guy was beyond accomplished. I admired him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next