Zees
Mr Nick09
halamadrid2
The Demon of Carthage
Adit
26 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Bayern Munich Vs Real Madrid | UCL Semi first leg - Page 7 Empty Re: Bayern Munich Vs Real Madrid | UCL Semi first leg

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue May 01, 2018 9:52 pm

Did Bale do anything like that? I didn't really see him involved apart from dribbling into defenders once or twice.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich Vs Real Madrid | UCL Semi first leg - Page 7 Empty Re: Bayern Munich Vs Real Madrid | UCL Semi first leg

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue May 01, 2018 9:53 pm

Personally I would have preferred Benz being able to hold the ball and waste some time to Bale (who clearly looked uncomfortable)

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue May 01, 2018 9:53 pm

Agree with sports here... Since we were sketchy in the air all game and considering the number of tall men Bayern have. Bale would add strength in the air and pace for counters.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 01, 2018 9:55 pm

He did. He marked his guy and was fighting for every ball in the air when we kicked it out too.

We actually want Bayern to cross it to the guys Varane and Ramos were covering (Hummels and Lewa). This forced it.

Our CBs were amazing.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue May 01, 2018 9:55 pm

Can I just start by saying grande Keylor Navas, what a performance by him

Now to the sad bit. Kroos played like a walking pile of shit. I have to say I have seen a fair share of disaster performances this season but this guy takes the cake. Put us in unnecessary pressure time and time and time again. Players were walking past him and that 2nd Bayern goal :facepalm: James starts a meter behind him and still gets to the ball before him

Lucas played admirably but he was struggling all game and Modric for all his hard work was the wrong guy to play there, too slow and weak

Ramos apart from the mistake for the first goal had a commanding performance. Benz with the game of his life.

Oh and feck the ref. Ignored every single one of their fouls but was lining them up for them practically begging them to get a goal from a set piece. Pos
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue May 01, 2018 9:57 pm

Agreed with that. Varane and Ramos were immense. Kaylor and Benz saved us, and Asensio was the spark we have been lacking all season.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue May 01, 2018 9:57 pm

Yeah for all his weakneses in defence Marcelo actually defends something Laughing

Lucas did none of that, he was so bad in RB. Modric had to cover for him all the time
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 01, 2018 9:57 pm

@hala... James even had time to call for the hand ball, see the ball, run to it... and still nobody lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 01, 2018 9:59 pm

No Casemiro in midfield was a big hurt. Kovacic was overwhelmed and Modric was playing right back.

Not having elite fullbacks in modern football is a killer
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 01, 2018 10:00 pm

What's happened to Casemiro? He looked awful in leg 1 and didn't look better when he came in either... hasn't won a ball in 3 months it feels like.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue May 01, 2018 10:01 pm

Thimmy wrote:
guest7 wrote:Why did we sell James ffs He is TERRORIZING our defence

Because he's lazy and his good performances were few and far between during his last season for us. Even Benzema played relatively well tonight.

I think Benz played very well today. IMO his best game in three years!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue May 01, 2018 10:03 pm

I might say its a little harsh on our midfield, but it was a bizarre situation. Modric was basically playing RB which meant it was Kova and Kroos in the midfield. Kova played well but Kroos had a forgettable performance.

That combined with the weird RB situation made everything a lot more chaotic then it should have been.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue May 01, 2018 10:03 pm

One of the best matches in Benzema's career, well done.

Zidane took too long to make those two changes, and we ate a goal because of it.

Varane and Ramos were immense.

Congrats guys, we did it, A por la 13.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue May 01, 2018 10:06 pm

sportsczy wrote:@hala... James even had time to call for the hand ball, see the ball, run to it... and still nobody lol.

I had no idea how no one was even reacting to it. None of the midfielders. But the root problem was that they were reaching us far too often and players were bound to switch off.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue May 01, 2018 10:07 pm

Hala wrongly blaming modric when he was essentially covering at RB and that pos reff called no foul on modric but gives yellow for their dives.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 01, 2018 10:08 pm

Big Benz with 2 clutch goals and Navas with even better saves, man, could not be anymore happy for them. Their criticisms have all been legit but today, they played for the shirt, the fans and definitely their pay check.

Modric, what can I really say, the man is gonna be as missed as Ronaldo when he leaves. Just a monster of a midfielder he did his utmost best today. On the flip side, Kroos was just shit. Jesus. That was probably the worst performance I saw from him, ever. And the less said about Asensio, the better. Modric had to be scolding this little boy constantly for not covering his man.

As for Ramos and Varane, world class performances from the both of them. Ronaldo was wasteful but he has bailed us out so much this season that I can't even write anything scolding.

Another final, another bunch of shit to read from guys who really hate seeing Madrid in finals and hopefully another CL to celebrate and brag about.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 01, 2018 10:11 pm

Casemiro had a yellow in the first leg, think that's why he did not start
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 01, 2018 10:12 pm

sportsczy wrote:What's happened to Casemiro? He looked awful in leg 1 and didn't look better when he came in either... hasn't won a ball in 3 months it feels like.
I want Fabinho to come in
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue May 01, 2018 10:24 pm

Adit wrote:Hala wrongly blaming modric when he was essentially covering at RB and that pos reff called no foul on modric but gives yellow for their dives.

We had double FBs literally but we still got overrun there. I don't think we won the ball once when they attacked from the left. We started winning balls when Nacho came on because he is a RB and Lucas provided better cover. Modric' place is in the middle where he can use his brains rather than athletecism. I am not saying he was bad, in fact he was one of the best but I feel we wasted him there and it made us weaker defensively because of it
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue May 01, 2018 10:25 pm

It's the same casemiro but Zidanes coaching has been disaster whole season.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue May 01, 2018 10:26 pm

So who will make the final thread.

Better be made by some lucky guy.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 01, 2018 10:58 pm

Let Hala make it, he seems to have the luck.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue May 01, 2018 11:02 pm

Liverpool with Salah and their incessant pressing? I'm afraid no amount of luck is going to save us. We have to bleed for the white of Madrid if we want to win.

The complacency we saw against Bayern and Juventus must vanish against Liverpool, otherwise there's no chance of winning the trophy and making history and a potential unbroken and timeless record.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue May 01, 2018 11:03 pm

What's there to be done about the lackadaisical defending of our players? Is it the WC that has made 70% of the team super lazy? Not even a semi final at the Bernabeu could fire up Kroos and to some extent Marcelo and Asensio. It has been going on all season, I am 100% sure Barca would've manita'd us today. Acres and acres of space, ball in between our midfielders to a Bayern attacker and they have just the defence infront of them. We need at least 2 fresh faces and for ZZ to treat the underperforming mids like he has the attackers next season. This cant go on any longer
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue May 01, 2018 11:07 pm

I agree, Z surely must light a fire under everybody's ass in the final. This complacency has gone on for too long and it must disappear before it dooms us.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue May 01, 2018 11:15 pm

I think we can all agree that we've limped our way to the final. I suppose we have PSG to thank for waking Ronaldo up from his slumber because it was that game thatsl spurned this run on. Still we've been giving up chances after chances. We are treating these games like LaLiga teams on the pitch and talking big off it.

When Ronaldo defends better than your midfielders you know there really is something wrong with the players

Fix it fast or we'll get destroyed by Liverpool/Roma
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next