sportsczy
Doc
terrance511
VanDeezNuts
futbol_bill
Mr Nick09
10 posters

Go down

How good is Nacho? Empty How good is Nacho?

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:24 am

i wonder what's the consensus in 2018 on Nacho. He has been extremely serviceable and reliable in the past couple of seasons. Not an overly ambitious guy, he has accepted his role and he usually replace Ramos extremely well. He has a very good partnership with Ramos and Varane, whoever is paired with him. He has played some very solid CL knockout games for us.

I remember someone saying here that he would start for any top club Rolling Eyes i dont believe that for a moment but i am curious to know what you guys think
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

How good is Nacho? Empty Re: How good is Nacho?

Post by futbol_bill Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:33 am

I think it was Hala that made that comment. It’s true he could start for a lot of la liga teams. He not only is the #3 CB on this club, but also #3 on seleccion. I feel he has done well and is a reliable defender, at any of the four positions. He is the best fifth defender we could possibly have. I put him as a good CB, but not a starter on a big club. I might add that I think he has improved quite a bit in the past year going from a #4 to a solid #3.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:22 am

I have completely flipped my opinion of him, I thought he had no chance of breaking into our team and now he’s probably one of my favorite players.

I don’t think he could start at ANY top team, but I do think he would start at any team at the Europa League level, and maybe some above that.

So yes, he is good and we are very lucky to have him.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:31 pm

probably only wont start in bayern and juve.

epl mule league top team defender make silliest mistake weeks in weeks out. nacho will rock them off.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:25 pm

Nacho reminds me of a better version of John O'Shea. Could use both feet equally well, could play across the back 4 competently and has no apparent issues with his current game time, honestly, Madrid is privileged to have someone like him in their side.

But to answer the question, he is a good defender. Not elite, not shit, exactly what you'll expect from a rotational footballer. Would definitely start for mid table and European chasing teams but would be on the bench for top sides regardless of the team.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:53 pm

Winning a CL would make this season a complete success imo...  winning either CL or La Liga is always a successful season to me.  But CL especially.

Regarding Nacho... he's would start for middle table teams anywhere. But not for any of the CL teams in any of the top 5 leagues in Europe. Solid player. The fact that he can play all the positions on the back line makes him the perfect rotation player for an elite team.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:21 am

He would definetly start for arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea with their 3 man defense, would definetly have a shot with Bayern, Juve, and Tottenham. He's miles better then anyone Man U have at left back, trust me on that.

Only Barcelona, credit to them, wouldn't start him (possibly right back. But semedo will grow into that position)

Gonna have to agree with nick, you guys are criminally underrating him. Fantastic athlete with exceptional speed and an all round good footballer who can do the simple things right.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:51 am

Come on Fennec... no way he starts over Boateng/Hummels and those fullbacks.. Kos/Mustafi (they're both better) and Bellerin/Monreal. Maybe over Lovren next to Matip. No chance with Benatia/Chiellini. Cahill/Azpi/Rudiger... no chance again. Vertonghen/Aderweireld... no chance. He doesn't have the profile of a Mourinho CB (tall, physical and athletic). He's better than Young... not Shaw (who is being unjustly ostracized by Mou).

Honestly, he's not a modern fullback in terms of a regular. You need the ability to provide width and overlap in today's game while defending is almost secondary... Nacho isn't that.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:47 am

Currently, yeah, he'll start over Ashley Young but Young is not a full back and should never have been one in the first place but Mourinho does Mourinho things. For Liverpool, um, maybe when Moreno and Milner(?) were both full backs but with Robertson emerging as their number 1 choice, no, he won't get 1st team action there anymore.

Juventus, probably, could see Allegri using Nacho easily...till someone better comes along and he'll go back to being a rotational player. Would also be rotational player with Chelsea as well. Arsenal, well, maybe but I can't see him replacing either Bellerin or Monreal at the moment but he'll certainly be someone Wenger would have used quite often as a starter.

As for the underrating, psh, Hala and myself were on the Nacho train long before Nick jumped on (ironically, he underrated him initially). Nacho is a good defender, no one can tell me otherwise but he isn't elite level and certain clubs want elite level players.

Personally, guys like Nacho would be fine as your starting CB or FB in any team but these big clubs won't give him that.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:22 am

He'd start for any team in England bar Spurs imo. He's a top 10 CB imo but is going under the radar because he peaked rather late in his career and isn't a flashy name. Had he been a Barca product he would have been rated much higher because they hype any decent looking scrub from a young age. Great footballer and we're lucky to have him
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Nacho is not a top 10 CB lol. Come on Valk, I really like the man but one simply cannot be a top 10 anything and still be a bench player. Nacho is a good CB, nothing more, nothing less and would be in the same boat with any of the elite sides out there.

That being said, if there is transfer I hope never happens is Nacho leaving. Madrid would absolutely stupid to get rid of him now (if that is a thought in the mad men that run this club).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:33 pm

Well Nick, did you get the answer you were looking for?

I think it says something about our bench strength;

Nacho, Lucas, Asensio, Isco (lol as bench strength), Kovacic - all of whom are good and certainly able to start at most clubs. All we need is to replace 2 so called starters and get a few more of these type of guys for the bench!!! - oh and perhaps more improvement from the coach, LOL
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:34 pm

Nacho can play CB, RB and LB (to a certain extent) at a relatively high level, proven in the Champions League and La Liga.

United have Valencia, Jones, Lindelof, Bailly, Smalling, Rojo, Young and Shaw. I think he would Is better than anything they have in any there positions maybe bar Bailly at CB. But Nacho is still more proven. Clearly a starter for me.

City have Walker, Stones, Kompany, Danilo, Otamendi, Laporte, Mendy and Delph. Better look but since Kompany is injured quite often i'd still see him starting with Otamendi.

Chelsea have one of Rudiger / Cahill starting for them, I mean, really Laughing

Arsenal have flop Mustafi and old man Koscielny, Nacho is easily better than both. This is not 2016

Spurs have Alderweireld and Vertonghen who have been a very solid paid for the last 2 seasons but I don't think they are much better than Nacho either

The reason he isn't a starter for us is because Varane and Ramos are both world class

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:24 pm

Nacho is a decent center back and reliable full back in both position. He is nowhere near top 10 CB though, that is silly claim.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:25 am

he's a utility player, and he does alright, he's prone to his gaffes here and there like many other defenders, what ive liked most about him is his conditioning, ability to stay fit till now, (though he doesn't have as much millage). its tough to compare guys who are primarily bench players to starters; to just say "oh he'll start comfortable at any top side" is a bit extreme. the pressure is different, they expect top performances every game for 60 plus games, that's not easy for someone who has primarily been a bench guy to adjust to

and i agree with doc's point (i seem to be agreeing with him a lot these days), but he hit the nail on the head when he said "one simply cannot be a top 10 anything and still be a bench player" that's just it.....unless there's a best substitute list. considering fans and pundits love inventing categories to see players they like make such lists, i won't be surprised we see that (best goalkeeper with the foot, best dribbling defensive midfielder etc)
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:44 am

If Nacho was a top 10 CB as you put there Valk, trust me, he was not gonna be happy with being a bench player at Madrid. Like, at all. James was not happy with his bench role and complained constantly whenever he went back to Colombia. He would have either forced the club to either play him or he'll find another club that would.

The fact that he chose the life of the rotational utility player tells me he knows his limits as a footballer (to which I admire a lot. A man should know what he can and can't do) and is making a very good living for himself.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:45 pm

There that Doc, but you also have to ask yourself, what is better, to be a starter at a 2nd level club or to be the first defender off the bench at the best club in the world. I would think the pay is comparable, he plays just as much, actually enough that he gets to go to seleccion, and it’s his childhood team. Why would he possibly ask to leave? Maybe a couple of years ago when he was #4 and wasn’t getting a lot of minutes, but definitely not now.

I think other than Val, we have all said the same answer to Nick’s question, and noone has said he is a scrub, which was said about him many times in the past including the questioner.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:11 pm

Well footballers usually ambition to play every week at some point in their career. It's rare to see a player like Nacho going through his career without securing a starting position somewhere.

It's not about the money, it's just about playing football. he has been training since he was 6 to get where he is. I would not be surprised if he makes that type of career move ultimately.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:09 am

futbol_bill wrote:There that Doc, but you also have to ask yourself, what is better, to be a starter at a 2nd level club or to be the first defender off the bench at the best club in the world. I would think the pay is comparable, he plays just as much, actually enough that he gets to go to seleccion, and it’s his childhood team. Why would he possibly ask to leave? Maybe a couple of years ago when he was #4 and wasn’t getting a lot of minutes, but definitely not now.

I think other than Val, we have all said the same answer to Nick’s question, and noone has said he is a scrub, which was said about him many times in the past including the questioner.

it depends on what the player wants in their career. that's why you see players, they start at good clubs and make a name for themselves, then they desire they hate not competing for titles every year and join an elite club, at the elite club they win titles but they're coming off the bench and they realize they hate that even more, and move to pastures new for a better balance. it all depends on the player and where they are in their career....but cream of the crop footballers don't want to spend years upon years coming off the bench....not just footballers, but cream of the crop athletes too don't want to spend years upon years coming off the bench

let ai explain it better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h00oBDCODs
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down