Turok_TTZ
VanDeezNuts
sportsczy
19 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Kudos to Bale and Benzema - Page 4 Empty Re: Kudos to Bale and Benzema

Post by Thimmy Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:20 am

sportsczy wrote:Icardi doesn't impress me AT ALL. And I want to be impressed. Every time I see him, i feel meh.

I feel the same way about him. Granted, I've only watched him play somewhere between 5 and 10 matches, ever. I don't know what he's capable of. At 25 years of age, and him being the most price-wise reasonable player that we've been linked to, it's not impossible that he could end up being the "big signing" that Florentino talked about. He might even be a last resort, if the pursuit of more high-profile targets falls flat.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:41 am

sportsczy wrote:Icardi doesn't impress me AT ALL. And I want to be impressed. Every time I see him, i feel meh.

i feel the same, i really dont enjoy watching him play. But his numbers are good...

At this point, if we there are no top CF available, lets go for the ones with most potential and see how it goes
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:32 am

titosantill wrote:cristiano was the most reliable scorer on the team, simple, not rocket science. same with messi at barcelona, its not some sort of paradigm shift, its a natural occurrence; if one player is missing clear cut chances, the tendency is for the team to feed the guy who isn't, whether he's a striker or a winger. and part of what happens to players when they miss clear cut chances is, their confidence drops, they take less shots and then champion their abilities to do "other things" that don't require the pressures of missing chances

thats something mid table clubs do. we are not on the midtable tito. Tactics and roles are defined at higher level. players dont deviate from gameplan when someone isnt doing well unless we lose our cool when we're 2 down before the end of the first half.. when CR7 had some of his worst games we still feed him as best as we can. he is the main man and the main man gets what he wants. even when benz had his best season, our own team still passes to him the way we do to this day. Thats no accident, agsin, by design. which is at times unfortunate as it was one of the main reasons why barca has won more la liga titles than us in the past decade. this was especially true before he became the kommander. our attack while rightfully built around CR7, the setup itself wasnt well balanced.

its about talent and who your most effective scorer is, nothing the least bit complicated at all. and whether we like it or not we still need our cf to score goals, especially now. with 40 plus goals now subtracted from our team, unless we are winning games 1 nil. 15-20 goals each for anyone up front including bale is not going to cut it, at all, we need more than that. i still believe we'll go into the market, summer's not over yet

no one is saying otherwise. We do require a new forward as Benzema is the only real forward available and we dont know when bale gets his next injury. with CR7 gone, the list of cfs that were not worth looking into before is now more worth looking into as our tactics is changing and we need depth in the frontline.

Personally I favour Cavani, Martial, though open to rodrigo, or any forward with versatility.

Lewandowski has the ability but like benz he is on a downward trend. most of yall wonder why i obsess with speed on our frontline? take a good look at him vs us last season. Ramos and Varane had him shut down good. some cf runs require not just positioning and timing, but the appropriate top speed and/or acceleration and the fact hes slower than Benz doesnt help matters.
that and the fact that he is a ghost in big games makes matters worse.

icardi is not only too limited but downright not good enough. the club is right to look elsewhere.

Higuain wouldnt be a bad idea. Chokes less when with Benz. actually open to the return of Benguain.

morata.... not sure. dude got found out.

well see as time goes by. i expect us to sign a new forward. we need to. mayoral and co. simply wasting spots on the team. cannot be relied on.

though i still cant say for sure how we will play. Is bale gonna try to become CR7lite or will he be his own man? the answer will influence the role of the cf spot for us.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:57 pm

I'll still take Icardi in a heart beat. Or Cavani for that matter.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:31 pm

Yeah, we can’t really underestimate Icardi’s goal scoring figures on a team where the chance creation isn’t anything close to what he would have at RM. It all depends on what the club want to do though. Do they want a cheaper stop-gap striker to last a year or two before we reinvest legitimately in a couple years or more, do they want a stronger target now for 4-5 years, or do they want to just concede this season and splash the big cash next summer?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:34 pm

Let’s face it, we are not likely getting what we want, i.e. someone who can be a stronger target for 4-5 years, but at this point anyone will be better than Benzema / Mayoral or De Tomas. I keep hearing differing stories re Rodrigo (mostly on Valencia side as they look for alternatives thinking Real will take him late in market), of Lewandowski, mostly that he is interested but Bayern are not and today supposely we are offering 215M for Kane! But nothing re Icardi.

I would love for anything to be true and come to fruition, but obviously we have no idea and given it’s this late, we can all but assume Benzema stays. Given that we want an alternative on board.

Oh yeah, and supposedly we are offering Chelsea 100M for Courtois and Willian!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:38 pm

what the heck are we going to do with Willian????
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:21 pm

Lol it's some BS news lol, no need to pay any mind to it.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:07 pm

Lol, same source now says everything between Chelsea and Madrid now off. Says re Courtois, they can’t find replacement and all talk on hold, until they do or not at all!

This is same media (Sky Sports) that only a few hours ago talked about the 100M offer. This is first year, I have read British media and can’t get over the BS. Far far worse than Marca has ever been. I now appreciate (I know Nick after all these years), why you always ask who is the source.

Likely the supposed offer re Kane is also BS!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:15 pm

Hmmm wrong, the 100 mil offer is from DailyMail or something and its horseass lol, like we would pay 70 mil for a 30 inconsistent William

The status of Courtois have not changed, Chelsea want to sign a new keeper before they allow Courtois to leave. Nothing new. And even if they keep him for the season, frankly who cares?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:32 pm

It sucks that we are hesitating to replace a shit benzema just because the market is kind of terrible right now. If we can get Cavani I'm a happy man.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:56 pm

In any case i think lopetegui will test out our frontline before going after anyone new.

We DO have Vinicius to consider and we have yet to play a single minute so we're in the dark with regards to setup.

though if it were upto me id just sign one of cavani, martial, or even Higuain. especiallly as Juventus are looking to get rid of him.

higuain is already liga proven with us and wont require adjusting compared to the other two. plus without CR7, higuain wont be getting in the way like before. perfect stop gap as we look for better, younger talent in the future. helps a lot he aint the same player as when he left ua. Higuain has learned that he has to do more than just score observing him at juventus.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:01 am

i definitely don't want higuain, i'd take any of the other strikers people have mentioned....and am i the only one on here who would like willian on our team? nobody giving willian any shine on here ?
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:17 am

titosantill wrote:i definitely don't want higuain, i'd take any of the other strikers people have mentioned....and am i the only one on here who would like willian on our team? nobody giving willian any shine on here ?

I rate Willian, but he turns 30 in a week and like Nick mentioned, his performances blow hot and cold. Eden is inconsistent as well, but at least he has a really high ceilling that compensates for it, to some extent. Willian doesn't.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:19 am

I like Willian, personally. I think people like to dislike him, though. He would be great off the bench in my opinion. But how much of an improvement is he to Vazquez? 65m worth? I don't think so.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:09 am

more talent than vazquez yet i dont really rate the guy. Vazquez is at least consistently average. willian.... what use would we have of willian that asensio, kovacic can't do?

plus the momey would be better spent on a forward.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:54 am

What an idiot Benzema is. A fight breaks out at the Orly airport between Kaaris and Boooba (rappers) that causes numerous flight delays and got both, and their entourage arrested.

And Benzema decides to tweet his support for Booba.

Such a wannabe thug. Then he wonders why he is blacklisted like no other from France NT. Good riddance.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:52 pm

sportsczy wrote:What an idiot Benzema is. A fight breaks out at the Orly airport between Kaaris and Boooba (rappers)

What kind of name is "Orly"? Orlando? Reminds me of that owl meme...

Nothing new here. Just Benzema compensating for his beta male on-pitch personality by acting like a thug off it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:05 pm

Thimmy wrote:
sportsczy wrote:What an idiot Benzema is. A fight breaks out at the Orly airport between Kaaris and Boooba (rappers)

Nothing new here. Just Benzema compensating for his beta male on-pitch personality by acting like a thug off it.

It's an area outside Paris... commune de Orly. That's where the airport is.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:44 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

It's an area outside Paris... commune de Orly.  That's where the airport is.

i've been there a few times. pretty nice airport, and it looks pretty peaceful despite all the immigrants. lots of families too, what a shame. benz doing benz things again
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:02 pm

hold on sports.. just read it

Bonjour les responsables de @atlantico_fr pensez vous publiez des excuses à @Benzema pour l’article que vous avez publié avec une photo de lui ? Ou visiblement il n’y a pas de responsable dans votre récréation pardon rédaction....

his agent said benz had nothing to do with it, so i don't think he's supporting booba, he's pissed bc his face is on the name of the newspaper
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:22 am

FennecFox7 wrote:hold on sports.. just read it

Bonjour les responsables de @atlantico_fr pensez vous publiez des excuses à @Benzema pour l’article que vous avez publié avec une photo de lui ? Ou visiblement il n’y a pas de responsable dans votre récréation pardon rédaction....

his agent said benz had nothing to do with it, so i don't think he's supporting booba, he's pissed bc his face is on the name of the newspaper

w.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Karim-benzema-apporte-son-soutien-a-booba/929173
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:51 am

:facepalm: what a dunce
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:10 am

makes no sense considering his intelligence on the pitch, why is there a stark contrast off it?

at the same time according to that article they are supposedly friends?

I'll respect his loyalty to his friends at the very least.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:28 pm

Told you Benz will flourish under J Lo!
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:59 am

Benz again scoring with head. I'm kinda concerned.
Need to see him put one with either foot. he needs to be a threat with his feet too.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next