S
Jay29
Valkyrja
Mr Nick09
41 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Next madrid manager

Real Madrid Next manager - Page 12 Vote_lcap20%Real Madrid Next manager - Page 12 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 4 ]
Real Madrid Next manager - Page 12 Vote_lcap5%Real Madrid Next manager - Page 12 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Real Madrid Next manager - Page 12 Vote_lcap0%Real Madrid Next manager - Page 12 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Real Madrid Next manager - Page 12 Vote_lcap20%Real Madrid Next manager - Page 12 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 4 ]
Real Madrid Next manager - Page 12 Vote_lcap5%Real Madrid Next manager - Page 12 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Real Madrid Next manager - Page 12 Vote_lcap10%Real Madrid Next manager - Page 12 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
Real Madrid Next manager - Page 12 Vote_lcap0%Real Madrid Next manager - Page 12 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Real Madrid Next manager - Page 12 Vote_lcap40%Real Madrid Next manager - Page 12 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 20

Real Madrid Next manager - Page 12 Empty Re: Real Madrid Next manager

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:12 pm

I got my wish

Doc, the curse is finally over Proud

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:24 pm

You don't seriously think this is going to work out, Nick?

It's not.

The evidence suggests he's some random midlevel coach.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:25 pm

Why wouldn't it?
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:29 pm

We are in the downside of the curve of course things are stacked against us to fail. I dont think I need to explain that.

But my wish was always to see this team progress more towards a different approach to football to better maximize the talent of our team. Specially against smaller teams. I think if we successfully transition to playing possession football in a more methodical way we will improve our ability to control games in la Liga.

Lopetegui, for the work he did with Porto and Spain was my pick. Of course he has massive holes in his resumes but I take it as is
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:09 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:I got my wish

Doc, the curse is finally over Proud

We did it brother Nick Proud

Honestly, I actually like this managerial signing. Would it work perfectly? No. Could he be fired within the year? Yeah. Do I prefer him over all the other candidates? Other than Poch, yes, totally.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:13 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:We are in the downside of the curve of course things are stacked against us to fail. I dont think I need to explain that.

But my wish was always to see this team progress more towards a different approach to football to better maximize the talent of our team. Specially against smaller teams. I think if we successfully transition to playing possession football in a more methodical way we will improve our ability to control games in la Liga.

Lopetegui, for the work he did with Porto and Spain was my pick. Of course he has massive holes in his resumes but I take it as is

Fair enough.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:41 pm

Another point to make is the fact that we have a lot of young players that we need to leverage to ensure the transition. Having a manager like Lopetegui who can give structure and a precise gameplan to follow to young players could be valuable.

And this guy is a homer, he took Vallejo to the world cup lmao.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:44 pm

That's all nice Nick... but we're not going to win anything for a while with that kind of philosophy.  AND, he's going to have to deal with egos of the veterans...  so sitting them down to let kids play is not something that they'll just accept.

Very risky hire.  Not that we had a lot of alternatives however.

And anyone who thinks we're going to beat Barca and City by playing their style of football...  is dreaming.  At least not until we overhaul some of the players. And even then... Pep is the master at it and Barca has the DNA. Why would a player choose us over those two if we're all playing the same style?

Flo went the fanboy route. I'm hoping for the best... but not optimistic.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:57 pm

Unless your other name is Thanos and you have the stone of time, then you don't know what we will win or not.

After the 5 years run we have had any reasonable fan would understand that we are about to hit a down slope after this history 5 years run. What I know is that we just came close to a trophyless season last years, even with Zidane we were close to rock bottom. Its a natural cycle and we need to transition, bring more competition etc...

Lopetegui might flop of course, he could get fired in December if he sucks, that I can't predict. But I think all he has done so far put him in good situation to succeed
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:12 pm

He'll get fired if we're not competitive next season Nick...  you know it as well.  To boot, guys like Ramos, Modric, CR, Kroos, Bale, etc. are at Real Madrid for immediate success and trophies.  

There is no patience at Real Madrid unless you've actually won something and even then...  ZZ's job was very much in jeopardy despite winning 2 CLs and 1 La Liga in the previous 18 months. Circumstances be damned. Only when he got to the CL final did his job really become safe... and then he won it and left.

That's the reality of it and that why managers who've tried to bring in a project that required patience... have failed.  All of them without exception.  So I really hope Lopotegui is a good man manager, is pragmatic with his approach and can handle the media...  because he'll have pressure to perform and win from day 1.

There are no exceptions to this rule at Real Madrid... like ever.  That's why so many managers get fired so quickly over our history.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:17 pm

So what are you saying? we are not going to be competitive because of Lopetegui?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:24 pm

I'm saying that I hope to god Flo and company get him the players that he needs to have success...  I love the change and the challenge with Lopotegui.  But I have the sinking feeling that Flo won't support him properly with signings.

Casemiro, Bale and CR...  maybe even Kroos...  aren't really fit for this kind of total football concept.  He doesn't need kids....  He needs some proper players that can play his style to come in. I also hope that Lopotegui isn't deluded in thinking he can make kids into top flight players overnight... he needs to push Flo on signings.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:29 pm

Bale is gone.

Incredible. Favourite Madrid manager of all time l.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:50 pm

Lol, relax a little with the pessimism sports. Aside from Bale and Ronaldo i don't really see any other players that can cause real trouble because of the way they play or diva attitudes. And why are we talking about 'total football' extremes? Are you well informed about how Lopetegui plays as a manager? I have seen a good video from this peep called Miguel Quintana who is well immersed in Lopetegui and he actually thinks that Lopetegui can be polyvalent, adaptable, and not really an extremist.

No need to talk about Barca or City or any fanboyisms imo, calma.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:25 am

sportsczy wrote:I'm saying that I hope to god Flo and company get him the players that he needs to have success...  I love the change and the challenge with Lopotegui.  But I have the sinking feeling that Flo won't support him properly with signings.

Casemiro, Bale and CR...  maybe even Kroos...  aren't really fit for this kind of total football concept.  He doesn't need kids....  He needs some proper players that can play his style to come in.  I also hope that Lopotegui isn't deluded in thinking he can make kids into top flight players overnight...  he needs to push Flo on signings.

Lopetegeui is a big fan of Casemiro though, he was the one that brought him to Porto and has even said he wished Casemiro played for Spain.

Don't see Kroos having any issues but having both Bale and Ronaldo might disrupt the flow of his game(if he implements the current Spanish NT style), otherwise i think our current players are very capable.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:36 am

Agreed with Zees, I don't really see any of the players "not fitting." Bale is probably leaving regardless, and to the Ronaldo point- we haven't seen Lopetegui with a Ronaldo type player so I don't think we can automatically assume Ronaldo wouldn't be in the plans.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:24 am

Porto sucked under Lopotegui as a FYI... won nothing and got fired early in his second year. So I wouldn't really use that as an indicator of anything (hopefully).
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:09 pm

Allegri "Yes, Florentino Perez offered me the Real Madrid job but I turned it down, because I already gave my word to Andrea Agnelli & did not want to break it. I had already made a commitment & I was happy with my decision. There are no regrets: Juventus is Juventus."
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:28 pm

So Lopetegui is third choice at best, after Allegri and Nagelsmann.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:12 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:So Lopetegui is third choice at best, after Allegri and Nagelsmann.

4th choice. I believe Conte turned them down as well
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:55 pm

Conte is going to have no where to go by the end of the summer. He wishes he got that call.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:51 am

JLo is the 3rd choice behind Poch and Allegri. No idea who the hell is Nagelsmann, sounds like a made up name and Conte was never a thing. He is stuck in limbo at Chelsea.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12