Jay29
futbol_bill
Babun
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

EPL Myths and banter - Page 2 Empty Re: EPL Myths and banter

Post by S Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:18 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You were still hyping their win over Poland as the greatest thing since Smalling benching Bailly though hmm

I wasn't talking down England though hmm

Incidentally they won that with James on the pitch and my point at the time was to imply how important he is to them when in that very same conversation you were downplaying his importance  

Still maintain Colombia are a good team and were a bit unlucky in this world cup. And I dint expect them to play 3 DM's against you and go with a defensive approach. Guess I was wrong there.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:26 pm

I was downplaying his importance because he wasn't fit lol.

As i said i didn't watch Poland but in the other two games they were better off without him because he could hardly move and they played better when he wasn't on the pitch in those games.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:42 pm

Babun wrote:
sportsczy wrote:You know what the solutions is?  Don't incentivize diving.  If you get kicked and play through it, you don't get the foul called almost every time...  but if you fall, the ref has to call it.  As a result, players are almost obligated to embellish fouls to get the call.

Refereeing and rule implementation changes are the only solution imo.

The only way to reduce the problem would be punishment  like game suspensions in case of non contact diving even after the game if proof by video is apparent.

The cleanest Top Player this WC has been Eden Hazard. He rarely dives and delievers, too.
Hazard dives plenty.  The one I remember specifically is the FA cup semi against Man U.  He just hasn't had the opportunity yet in this WC.  He's not immune at all.

I think he's really been technically very clean in this WC so he hasn't had to dive. I don't remember him being targeted by dirty opponents either like Neymar and Mbappe have. You get fouled 10 times a game and you're going to retaliate however you can.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:09 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Babun wrote:
sportsczy wrote:You know what the solutions is?  Don't incentivize diving.  If you get kicked and play through it, you don't get the foul called almost every time...  but if you fall, the ref has to call it.  As a result, players are almost obligated to embellish fouls to get the call.

Refereeing and rule implementation changes are the only solution imo.

The only way to reduce the problem would be punishment  like game suspensions in case of non contact diving even after the game if proof by video is apparent.

The cleanest Top Player this WC has been Eden Hazard. He rarely dives and delievers, too.
Hazard dives plenty.  The one I remember specifically is the FA cup semi against Man U.  He just hasn't had the opportunity yet in this WC.  He's not immune at all.

I think he's really been technically very clean in this WC so he hasn't had to dive. I don't remember him being targeted by dirty opponents either like Neymar and Mbappe have. You get fouled 10 times a game and you're going to retaliate however you can.

He had plenty of occaisions to dive in the Belgium vs. Brazil game, he chose to carry the counters instead. You can see the interventions at any Hazard compilation channel vs. Brazil. He was fouled often when he was trying to relieve his side of constant pressure in the second half. Sometimes, he carried the ball from one half to the other to get the Brazilians out of the Belgian half and keep the ball while he could've dived half way more than once.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2