Why are most of Real Madrid's CLs not memorable?

+45
Thimmy
Vibe
Turok_TTZ
danyjr
guest_07
jibers
Superstone Mariomintsch
Kick
Clutch
titosantill
BusterLfc
Casciavit
guest7
chad4401
Unique
Winter is Coming
M99
Hapless_Hans
boyzis
Art Morte
Zees
farfan
sportsczy
Doc
Nishankly
terrance511
ronalessi
FalcaoPunch
S
BarcaLearning
Mr Nick09
Firenze
The Demon of Carthage
Robespierre
VanDeezNuts
The Madrid One
Harmonica
zigra
Valkyrja
Freeza
futbol_bill
halamadrid2
Lucifer
Mamad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
49 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Why are most of Real Madrid's CLs not memorable? - Page 6 Empty Re: Why are most of Real Madrid's CLs not memorable?

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:56 am

Myesyats wrote:
Clutch wrote:I asked my 6 year old nephew if he remembers the 2011 CL final peps Barca and Anderson's united or if he remembers last years CL final more and he said 2011. Moles right, Case closed.

Thats because Barca played good football while Madrid just got outright lucky, playing meh football with an insansely stacked team

Why are most of Real Madrid's CLs not memorable? - Page 6 300px-Barcelona_vs_Man_Utd_2011-05-28.svg

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Why are most of Real Madrid's CLs not memorable? - Page 6 Empty Re: Why are most of Real Madrid's CLs not memorable?

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:58 am

Valkyrja wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
Clutch wrote:I asked my 6 year old nephew if he remembers the 2011 CL final peps Barca and Anderson's united or if he remembers last years CL final more and he said 2011. Moles right, Case closed.

Thats because Barca played good football while Madrid just got outright lucky, playing meh football with an insansely stacked team

Why are most of Real Madrid's CLs not memorable? - Page 6 300px-Barcelona_vs_Man_Utd_2011-05-28.svg

The only two WC players from that line-up are Messi and Villa
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:00 am

Myesyats wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

The only two WC players from that line-up are Messi and Villa

And Giggs
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:01 am

Myesyats wrote:

I think the joke is- the 6 y/o wouldn't have even been alive then. Lol

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:05 am

Because of galacticos thing. Its like they bought those trophies paying money. Peps barca won it with La masia graduates
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:18 am

Kebab wrote:Because of galacticos thing. Its like they bought those trophies paying money. Peps barca won it with La masia graduates
Well half right. Instead of paying players they paid referees and officials, which was smart.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:22 am

Kebab wrote:Because of galacticos thing. Its like they bought those trophies paying money. Peps barca won it with La masia graduates

Dani Alves, Ibra, Chygrynsky, Hleb, Henry, David Villa, Mascherano etc all bought for big money. Barca just happened to splash a lot more money on flops. Also at the time, Pep's Barca had the most expensive wage bill in all of Europe and they still do to date.

You're a numpty
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:29 am

More replies than the Serie A thread WATTBA
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:00 am

vanDEEZ wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

I think the joke is- the 6 y/o wouldn't have even been alive then. Lol

Indeed, I didnt even pay attention to that part rofl
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:21 am

I think you could argue that they are not memorable from a quality standpoint, despite their achievement their quality does not match it. For a team that won 4CL in 5 years, they have been successful at winning their league only once.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:12 am

Blue wrote:I think you could argue that they are not memorable from a quality standpoint, despite their achievement their quality does not match it. For a team that won 4CL in 5 years, they have been successful at winning their league only once.
And even that was gifted by refs. 2 meters inside goals not accepted etc. rofl

Uefadrid has one legit Copa in the past decade.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:28 am

S wrote:

Dani Alves, Ibra, Chygrynsky, Hleb, Henry, David Villa, Mascherano etc all bought for big money. Barca just happened to splash a lot more money on flops. Also at the time, Pep's Barca had the most expensive wage bill in all of Europe and they still do to date.

You're a numpty

We talk about galacticos not flopticos. Galactico is someone who is best player in the world. Barca never bought such player.

Barca 2011 CL winning team: Valdes Puyol Pedro Busquets Xavi Iniesta Pique Messi thats 8 la masia players plus D.Alves and Abidal who became famous in Barcelona. Only 1 player who made a name for himself outside Barcelona and that was Villa. When Madrid do something like this and win CL we will remember it
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:20 pm

Dani Alves was one of the best players in the world at Sevilla tbh
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:26 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Dani Alves was one of the best players in the world at Sevilla tbh

How would you know..... you weren't even born yet you dumpling
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:27 pm

Myesyats wrote:dumpling

Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Razz

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:32 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yeah that's completely incorrect, please don't make me bring up every team that didn't win which history remembers even fondly than than the winners themselves.

There's plenty of teams throughout history who win who people have forgotten.

This is kind of why i made the thread, to dispel this ridiculous notion that history remembers the winners. They really don't, but i see your still holding to your ridiculous ideology.

Hell there's probably more winners which have been lost to history than losers tbh, just look at all the CL winners over the last 20 years they are all largely forgettable save a few exceptions.

This idea that history remembers the winners needs to die, it's a myth which has been repeated so many times people have begun to accept it as fact when it's not even close.

I really don't understand why you're projecting your own opinion as facts here. Everything you said is entirely subjective and can change from one person to another.

I may have liked Klopp's Dortmund at some point. I may have even liked Benitez's Valencia. But there's a good to fair chance that future generations won't even know about their trophyless, memorable performances in the CL.

What you fail to understand is that only trophies survive the test of time. It's the reason people still talk about Di Stefano's Madrid 70 years later even though none of us were born back then or even witnessed them (except maybe for Bill).

Those teams you consider memorable will die with you because the future generations, 60 years from now, won't waste a second paging through old,  dusty videos to see them.

I can't speak for anybody else, so I'm going to speak for myself. I have no idea how many finals Brazil have lost, but I know they're the five-time World Champion. I know about Ajax's monstrous dominance in the early 70s even though I wasn't even born back then, and that's because they won 3 CLs in a row. I can barely remember that United reached the CL final in 2011 but I still and forever will remember Chelsea's triumph in 2012.

Just like you, I happen to have a list of the memorable teams who ended up trophyless but still impressed me. But I know that list won't stand the test of time, and whether I like or not, success is primarily measured by trophies.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:38 pm

madrid winning 3 on the spin is a great achievement but far better teams have not got close to doing that.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:42 pm

Casciavit wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Achievement =/= Memorable.

Which a lot of people in this thread don't seem to get. I'm not asking the question of whether Madrid's CLs were not a great achievement.

I'm not that stupid, Nick in the Messi thread argued history remembers the winners.

This thread is case in point as to why history doesn't always remember the winners.

History always remember the winners, and always forget about the runner-ups.

You can keep telling yourself that trophies don't matter, but they are the most important thing in world football.

Carlo's Madrid in 2015 (and specifically in the first half of the season) played some breathtaking football and beat Guardiola's record of successive wins, yet the only thing people remember that year is that Madrid finished trophyless.

Maybe you dislike Madrid so much that you're willing to belittle their achievements to make yourself feel better. I get that. You're free to dislike whoever you want. But that doesn't change the fact that what Madrid has achieved in recent years in the CL is nothing short of miraculous, and you can bet whatever you'd like that it'll forever stay carved in history and remembered by every football fan around the globe.

If that's true, why are Brazil82 and Netherlands74 considered some of the most memorable teams despite winning nothing? Please do tell me.

I don't remember any of those teams. I wasn't even born back then to witness them play. I, however, distinctly remember 2002 Brazil because they won the WC after they dismantled everybody in their path.

Those teams are memorable to you because you either were lucky enough to be around when they were playing, or took some time to do some research. But one of the cruel sides of reality is that not many people are like you. You can't possibly expect that most people, 100 years from now, will remember those teams. Some will, but the striking majority won't.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:46 pm

anyway to end all debate the 2005 final was the best ever and will be the most remembered final ever. :coffee:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:52 pm

Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:

Achievement =/= Memorable.

Which a lot of people in this thread don't seem to get. I'm not asking the question of whether Madrid's CLs were not a great achievement.

I'm not that stupid, Nick in the Messi thread argued history remembers the winners.

This thread is case in point as to why history doesn't always remember the winners.

History always remember the winners, and always forget about the runner-ups.

You can keep telling yourself that trophies don't matter, but they are the most important thing in world football.

Carlo's Madrid in 2015 (and specifically in the first half of the season) played some breathtaking football and beat Guardiola's record of successive wins, yet the only thing people remember that year is that Madrid finished trophyless.

Maybe you dislike Madrid so much that you're willing to belittle their achievements to make yourself feel better. I get that. You're free to dislike whoever you want. But that doesn't change the fact that what Madrid has achieved in recent years in the CL is nothing short of miraculous, and you can bet whatever you'd like that it'll forever stay carved in history and remembered by every football fan around the globe.

Hungary '54, Netherlands '74, Brazil '82, Baggio missing penalty for Italy '94, Juve unable to win CL Finals since '97, etc.

I would be lying if I told you that I watched Hungary of '54 play. I would also be lying if I told you that I was alive when Brazil of 1982 was playing or '74 Netherland.

I do, however, remember Baggio missing that penalty and Juve's inability to win the CL finals. But I'm sure you agree with me that these are negative things that both Italy and Juventus would rather people forget about it, and we're strictly talking about teams that are positively memorable.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:55 pm

jibers wrote:I'm waiting for a response as well. This guy posts nonsesne half the time but because he writes essays noone ever calls him out.

Time and time Casc and Mole have refuted this BS yet morons keep repeating the same cliched line.

I already answered them and I'd be happy to answer you as well. Just leave a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. And I'll even make sure to keep it as short as possible so you can retaliate. Thank you Smile
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:09 pm

Ironic how in this thread Mole reminded everyone we won 4 CL in 5 years, this creates debates and you remember us winning. 6 pages and counting Proud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:24 pm

The beautiful losers and winners (regardless of beauty) are remembered.... always.

Not sure I want to be remembered as a beautiful loser though lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:26 pm

sportsczy wrote:The beautiful losers and winners (regardless of beauty) are remembered.... always.

Not sure I want to be remembered as a beautiful loser though lol.
and thats why you pulled madrid out of the hat when you were looking for a team to follow. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:31 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Ironic how in this thread Mole reminded everyone we won 4 CL in 5 years, this creates debates and you remember us winning. 6 pages and counting Proud

That feel when a random lad on GL does more for remembering a teams success than the team and it's fans ever does Proud Molenation

I'm quite proud of myself tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:52 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Ironic how in this thread Mole reminded everyone we won 4 CL in 5 years, this creates debates and you remember us winning. 6 pages and counting Proud

That feel when a random lad on GL does more for remembering a teams success than the team and it's fans ever does Proud Molenation

I'm quite proud of myself tbh.

Do you remember what team you support, though? hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next