Your Top 3 Favorite Comedians (Alive or Dead)

+20
Kaladin
Warrior
El Gunner
M99
Nishankly
Unique
Blue
rincon
CBarca
Myesyats
elitedam
McLewis
Lucifer
RealGunner
Firenze
Thimmy
futbol_bill
guest7
Freeza
The Demon of Carthage
24 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Your Top 3 Favorite Comedians (Alive or Dead) - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Top 3 Favorite Comedians (Alive or Dead)

Post by rincon Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:56 pm

Chapelle
Louis CK

Then a toss up between Bill Burr or Kevin Hart

From the late-night hosts shout out to Conan. The funniest. Every bit he does with Hart or Burr is hilarious too.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Your Top 3 Favorite Comedians (Alive or Dead) - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Top 3 Favorite Comedians (Alive or Dead)

Post by Myesyats Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:18 pm

"Wouldn't pass a drug test for 9 years if i took that shot" omfg rofl
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:41 pm

Lucifer wrote:1. George Carlin
2. Dave Chapelle
3. Bill Hicks

George Carlin, skinny Dave Chapelle, and Sacha baron cohen for me.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:01 pm

Have to thanks brother DoC for introducing me to the phenomenal Andrew Schultz. Seriously check this dude out if you haven't already, has to be one my favourite of all time even though all I have seen of him is from YouTube clips. Also seriously what the fuck is Netflix doing giving specials to some absolute dog turds and not someone like him.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:12 pm

My pleasure, mate. He's very funny indeed.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:21 pm

Not for sensitive souls.

Gun Control part 2:

God is drunk at a party:
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:14 pm

Jim Jeffries is great, I loved when he interviewed Burr Laughing

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:37 pm

Thimmy wrote:Not for sensitive souls.

Gun Control part 2:

God is drunk at a party:

Nothing beats mean-spirited and well-written comedy Proud

You know what's sad, though? The fact that you can clearly sense that some people in the audience were pissed or uncomfortable with some of his jokes.

And what's even sadder is that many brutally honest comedians, including Jim, have been pressured into refining their act to suit the standards of the overbearing politically correctness for fear of being completely ostracized.

If you compare his earlier stand-ups to the more recent ones, you can see the clear drop in ruthlessness becoming more and more apparent as the years go by. And he's not the only one. Bill Burr too has become a little softer.

It's kinda ironic that freedom of speech is continuously decreasing with time when it should be the other way around. If comedians today were to say half of what Don Rickles used to say back in the 70s, they would lose their careers instantly.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:45 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Thimmy wrote:Not for sensitive souls.

Gun Control part 2:

God is drunk at a party:

Nothing beats mean-spirited and well-written comedy Proud

You know what's sad, though? The fact that you can clearly sense that some people in the audience were pissed or uncomfortable with some of his jokes.

And what's even sadder is that many brutally honest comedians, including Jim, have been pressured into refining their act to suit the standards of the overbearing politically correctness for fear of being completely ostracized.

If you compare his earlier stand-ups to the more recent ones, you can see the clear drop in ruthlessness becoming more and more apparent as the years go by. And he's not the only one. Bill Burr too has become a little softer.

It's kinda ironic that freedom of speech is continuously decreasing with time when it should be the other way around. If comedians today were to say half of what Don Rickles used to say back in the 70s, they would lose their careers instantly.

ive never understood people that go to watch these comedians if they are offended by jokes. its like some people want to get offended just so they can bitch about it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:36 pm

Just saw an old skit of Bill Burr. Damn
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:24 pm

I stumbled upon this comedian yesterday while I was looking for funny one-liner comedians. His presence and delivery are just perfect. He's humor may be on the lowbrow end, but it's very funny. If you're having a bad day, give him a go:
Warning: it's dirty:
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:39 am

Dave Chappelle's latest Netflix special was reviewed by 5 super progressive 'criticis' from Rotten Tomatoes and they all gave it 0%. ZERO. As in, nothing was good about it. Even remotely.

A few days later, they opened the rating to the public and it got 99%.

I must point out at this point that his special has a few parts that apparently made some radical leftists with no sense of humor or intelligence angry, including those 5 critics who are so professional that they couldn't put aside their own toxic thoughts to review his special objectively.

You know, for a guy who lived a big part of his life under a stern dictatorship, I know a thing or two about oppression. And I used to consider myself a left-leaning individual when I was growing up, but the radical left is doing a pretty good job pushing me towards the other side of the spectrum.

Well done to them, I guess.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:02 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Dave Chappelle's latest Netflix special was reviewed by 5 super progressive 'criticis' from Rotten Tomatoes and they all gave it 0%. ZERO. As in, nothing was good about it. Even remotely.

A few days later, they opened the rating to the public and it got 99%.

I must point out at this point that his special has a few parts that apparently made some radical leftists with no sense of humor or intelligence angry, including those 5 critics who are so professional that they couldn't put aside their own toxic thoughts to review his special objectively.

You know, for a guy who lived a big part of his life under a stern dictatorship, I know a thing or two about oppression. And I used to consider myself a left-leaning individual when I was growing up, but the radical left is doing a pretty good job pushing me towards the other side of the spectrum.

Well done to them, I guess.

Lol you really don't know how RT works do you?

They did not give 0/100. They just all gave negative reviews which mean 0% of critics gave it positive reviews.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:10 am

Check out Theo Von if you're not familiar with him. He spits out golden one-liners like an AR-15, it's quite something. Comedic genius. He has his own podcast thats fairly successful.

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:53 am

I love him too. My favorite one-liner from him is:

"Growing up, I didn't feel any white privilege. I know some people had it, man. You know, I knew some motherfuckers with sweaters. But I was two tank tops in the winter, okay."

Definitely deserves more exposure.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:33 pm

He's finally getting the recognition he deserves, this past couple months especially. I'm ALWAYS dying laughing watching clips of him. He's so random, you never know what response you're gonna get which makes him brillant.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:30 pm

While we're on the subject of stand up comedy, anyone find Bill Burr's recent special a bit of a let down?

I enjoyed both his and Chappelle's recent stand up specials, but both were way too obvious at times, in their criticism of outrage culture. It was like low hanging fruit that I expect Dave and Bill to try and take on in more inventive ways.

To the credit of both of them (particularly Burr), they did have some clever bits. I'm not saying the whole set was cheap from both of them, or I'd be here talking both of those specials down as beneath their comedy. They did have a decent amount of clever bits, but in between there was a lot of low hanging fruit they hit that just wasn't up to par with their usual stuff.

The other thing about Burr is that he's gone, IMO, a little too hard at times on the "angry, yelling" thing he does. Listen to him on his podcast and that shows up here and there, but most of his takes are delivered without the constant yelling. He takes it to another level in his recent Netflix stand up specials. Hell, look at his old specials and usually he's outraged about something but in a more thoughtful, less stereotypical/caricaturish way.

I guess I just am not a fan of the way Burr's delivery has evolved over the last two specials. Look at his most recent special and compare it to "I'm Sorry You Feel That Way" or "You People are all the Same" and it's way different.

I will say this though, his bit about his dad and his bit about his dog were both brilliant and not just as comedy, but as commentary about the complex nature of masculinity. Any guy knows exactly what he's talking about, and the way he put it is nothing short of amazing.

For me Bill Burr is still at the top of comedy right now. Like I said though, I find his delivery declining and in his most recent special I found his bits to be inconsistent at times. Still enjoyed the watch though.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:29 am

I still haven't watched Paper Tiger, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't that good because Bill has been declining for a while now.

He's still great and my all-time favorite, but as you pointed out, there's a clear difference in quality between his earlier stand-ups and the recent ones.

I'll watch it and then get back to you with my review.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:28 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I love him too. My favorite one-liner from him is:

"Growing up, I didn't feel any white privilege. I know some people had it, man. You know, I knew some motherfuckers with sweaters. But I was two tank tops in the winter, okay."

Definitely deserves more exposure.

He's a gold mine. A true wordsmith. I've never lauged as much as when watching podcasts with Theo Von. He's a very intelligent redneck basically, it's hilarious.

"That's gayer than actually getting aids from another dude; crying because another dude gets it. You're supposed to write a letter, mail it to him, and hope he gets better."

"When I see somebody in a Prius, sure, you drive a Prius and you get good gas mileage, but you probably feel like you drive a Prius."

"In Louisiana, you can drive when you're 15 - you could get your driving permit. I remember, during driver's ed, I fell asleep at the wheel one day. I was tired. The guy shook me and switched and said he was getting into the driver's seat. I didn't fail, so I guess you can fall asleep occasionally. It's Louisiana."

*Jamming out to Allman Brothers with Joe Rogan*
*Looks at Joe serious af:*
“You ever wish you were blind?”

Rogan: "Do you think a baby could fuck you up in a fight"
Theo: "Not most babies, no"

"A lot of these animals out here are bullshit, trained imports, fake ass little dalmations and shit. Some gay man that lived by the park next to me used to put spots on his dog.....bitch.....get it together brother."

He puts words together like no one else. Words that seemingly don't belong with each other which makes it even more hilarious. He's the funniest during casual conversations. Genius. There are people who are funny at times but he is constantly funny.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:07 pm

He really was a genius.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:30 pm

I just found out Bill Burr was Kuby in Breaking Bad...
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:01 pm

Perfect delivery.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:58 am

Never heard of this guy before, but I thought the video was fairly amusing.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:06 pm

I first saw him doing a bit at Conan's (I think?). I thought he was pretty funny. He needs to release more material though because he has been recycling the same jokes for quite some time now.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:43 pm

Name: Chris Turner.
Style: Deadpan and freestyle rapping.

Stand-up:

Freestyle rapping:

Freestyling starts at 02:20. He asked the audience about the topics they wanted him to rap about and he basically came up with everything on the spot. Absolute fire!
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:51 pm

Chris Turner wrote:My friend asked me: if you could have any superpower in the world, what would it be? I said cold war Russia.

Chris Turner wrote:I don't believe in God, I don't begrudge anyone who does. I think it's brilliant that you have something to believe in, and hold on to. What I don't like are celebrities jumping on the religious bandwagon just for the sake, for appearing cool, and trendy. Because I firmly believe that a Christ is for life, and not just for dogmas.

Dude is on fire rofl
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next