Myesyats
Thimmy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
RealGunner
23 posters

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 8 Empty Re: Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition)

Post by M99 Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:54 am

This is not comparable to Nick Fury being black. All Nick Fury needs is to be a hardass with an eyepatch. Ciri's role in the story revolves around her being princess to a kingdom from her mother's side, an empire from her father's side, and also she is descended from elven royalty so making her a minority opens a whole can of worms. Also her ashen blonde hair and green eyes are a defining feature for her just like Nick Fury's eyepatch.

And I would be fine with it if a BAME actress absolutely nailed the audition and left her competitors behind the dust but here they specifically call for a BAME just because...

Okay. So in the books Ciri is described as very pale and fair skinned. So was her mother Pavetta

This is because of her heritage to Lara Dorren.

Elves in European folklore were often described as very pale beings. As shades and ghosts in forests and hills.

This is why in the books you have the Aen Elle(Alder Folk, forest elves) and the Aen Seidhe(Hill elves). Because the elves in the books were based on the European folklore.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 8 Empty Re: Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition)

Post by Myesyats Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:10 pm

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/09/11/netflix-the-witcher-showrunner-quits-twitter-ciri-casting/

lmao she probably got so much hate she had to back off

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:11 pm

"Be back soon"

headline: SHOWRUNNER QUITS TWITTER!!!!!!
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:19 pm

Yeah i lold at this as well

But she was a daily poster on twitter and the clearly it was the backlash that made her stop tweeting lol

Thats what you get though, shouldn't have said she wouldn't change the race of any characters just because she's feeling liberal that day
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:24 pm

Myesyats wrote:Yeah i lold at this as well

But she was a daily poster on twitter and the clearly it was the backlash that made her stop tweeting lol

Thats what you get though, shouldn't have said she wouldn't change the race of any characters just because she's feeling liberal that day

She has not confirmed or denied anything. And the fans are shit for keep harrassing her.

If she denied anything it would lead to every time she doesn't deny something becoming headlines in clickbait articles.

Also she has a job and social media etc. can become addictive and keep you from working, and when there isn't anything postive going on, it's better to quit until your work is done, which should be understandable.

Also she clearly wrote she'd be back soon with (I presume) a picture of Roach.

That trash site should be ashamed.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:36 pm

https://thewitcher.com/en/thronebreaker-witchertales

Bit of background information.

It started as a single player expansion for Gwent so the battle mechanics are basically Gwent mechanics.

But it turned into a full on 30 hour RPG with those mechanics lol. Just thought I'd mention that in case people were expecting a full on Witcher 3 spin off.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:50 pm

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 8 53sss5birdr11

All that misplaced rage over ciri lol
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:09 pm

That yennefer is really bad.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:13 pm

Looks like Yennefer if she was 14

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:33 pm

I actually fvck with the fact that theres some uknown names out there, when I started watching GoT or Vikings I didnt know any of the people there either and they ended up being my favorite shows like ever.

I wonder how they're gonna make Mousesack look, if he looks like in the game then he'll be an epic character Laughing :bow:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:18 am

Looking at that cast I'd say we are definitely getting Cintra (Calanthe, Mousesack, Eist) and probably the Ciri origin story
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:40 am

RealGunner wrote:Looks like Yennefer if she was 14

What struck me about Yennefer the first time I saw her, was the contrast between her black hair and clear, blue eyes. I know it's nitpicky, but the little detail in her lack of blue eyes is probably going to bother me immersion-wise, although I'll try not to care. It's part of her character, and something that I find synonymous with her. Similarly, Ciri clearly has green eyes. That's basically her trademark, yet her actor's eyes are blue. fk this. How hard can it be to find a creator who cares about the source material? Netflix gets this wrong every single time they adapt animation/game to TV series.

That's an interesting, non- agenda driven interpretation of Fringilla hmm

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 8 Maxresdefault
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:15 am

First of all, it’s based on the books.

Also... hope your post is satire. Because getting bent over because of an actor’s eye colour is the most ridiculous criticism I’ve ever heard.

It’s the single easiest thing to change.

Most important thing to do in casting is find the one with the best and most fitting acting ability.
This isn’t a doppelgänger contest after all.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:17 am

Reminds of when people when ape shit over a dark haired brown eyed man being cast as Legolas. Turns out it’s easy to give blue contact and a wig.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:34 am

Freeza wrote:First of all, it’s based on the books.

Also... hope your post is satire. Because getting bent over because of an actor’s eye colour is the most ridiculous criticism I’ve ever heard.

It’s the single easiest thing to change.

Most important thing to do in casting is find the one with the best and most fitting acting ability.

Are you serious? Laughing

“Ciri has fair hair, ashen white complexion and large impetuous green eyes”

That's a description of Ciri from the books. It may sound like ridiculous criticism to you, but considering your political views, I'm sure you're thrilled about these changes.

You're right regarding it being an easy thing to change, I just hope they bother going through the trouble of changing it, because it's a substantial detail, regardless of whether or not you care. Ciri is described in a certain way, in order to give her character. The green eyes is a defining trait.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:43 am

Freeza wrote:

This I agree with. Not sure why you're pointing that out, considering the initial controversy was based around the producer/writer wanting a specific, ethnic background for some of her roles, other than white. That's not how you go about finding the best talent.

Last edited by Thimmy on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:45 am

In regards to Ciri I agree it was important. Even to cast a white actress because it was needed for story purposes. That still doesn’t make a lot the abuse (not from you, but people on reddit, Twitter).

Guess coloured contacts can be added to be political view now.
I just don’t think eye and hair colour is something you should look for in a film, as it’s the most routinely changed things in movies. The eye stuff can be changed in around 5 seconds with contacts.

Also would be near impossible to find someone with the right eyes who could also act.

The only actor/actress I can think of with distractly bright blue eyes is Chris Pine. And green I can’t.

Hair is easy, as has been seen with both hair pieces with Chris Evans as Captain America, Orlando Bloom as Legolas, Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow, Ben Affleck as Batman. Also in regards to hair colour for women, and hair pieces, who even knows these days? Not even sure about the women in my own life.

Phew. Probably to long of a post to describe my criticism towards those criticisms, but I don’t think they’re really something to be worried about.

I was worried about Yennefer’s age look, as the actress looks much younger than 20. But after putting my stalking skill to use, I can say I think she looks the right age 21-25.

Think a lot of the actors have old fotos as headshots, if the posted pictures are indeed their headshots.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:53 am

Thimmy wrote:
Freeza wrote:

This I agree with. Not sure why you're pointing that out, considering the initial controversy was based around the producer/writer wanting a specific, ethnic background for some of her roles, other than white. That's not how you go about finding the best talent.

I agree with her making casting calls to see other ethnicities for roles to actually have the opportunity to watch them.

I’m also assuming here that other ethnicities are probably hesitant to try auditioning for shows like this when there often entirely pale white. And on the chance there’s an absolute star that might now go to audition it’s fitting to encourage the ethnicities who are less likely to show up.

I like that the ethnicities in the show seems to be a little more mixed seems fitting considering the influences of the nations in the books/games.

Makes sense that skellig is as pale and white as both you and me, Thimmy. Radoviana or what it’s called (long time since playing) should probably have a Slavic look to them.
Meanwhile Nilfgarden has always seemed Roman inspired to me, so it would make sense for that nation to have a more mixed racial demographic.

I also think it adds to making the world feel bigger and more epic, if there’s some diversity to it. When every single character looks the same and all are of one race it seems smaller.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:55 am

Of course, it doesn't warrant any criticism as long as they actually go through the trouble of changing it. I don't read posts on Reddit, but I'm sure they'd voice their frustrations there, if such details are ignored. The "this is all fantasy, and so everything goes" or "the books never said this guy/girl is x race" argument doesn't quite cut it, if they're actually basing it on the books, as opposed to their own interpretation of the books. Nexflix should've known what kind of shitstorm they'd stirred up by thoroughly Americanizing the Death Note series, and they still went ahead and created a high budget flop that ignored all complaints from fans of the original material. I think some scepticism is warranted, although the show is not out yet, and there's no reason for fans to panic, as of yet.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:58 am

I don’t think it was the race changes that made Death Note bad though.

Was much more them changing the actual characters instead.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:43 pm

Freeza wrote:
I also think it adds to making the world feel bigger and more epic, if there’s some diversity to it. When every single character looks the same and all are of one race it seems smaller.

In general, I definitely prefer it that characters in this type of media are as different to me as possible. I don't subscribe to the Hollywood notion of "they all have to be ethnically and culturally relatable, otherwise it ain't interesting". Diversity makes things interesting. Good thing, I'm not in charge of designing a modern interpretation of Santa Claus, because I would make him look and act like Shaft lol. I just don't see how this new age, social justice drivel is going to align with fans' perception of the source material, which clearly isn't one that depicts an ethnically diverse universe.

Freeza wrote:I don’t think it was the race changes that made Death Note bad though.

Was much more them changing the actual characters instead.

The movie was wildly inconsistent with the animated series. That's what happens when the producer doesn't give a flying crap about the source material.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:22 pm

I don’t subscribe to the notion that it’s not interesting if it’s not diverse either.

I just think it makes a lot of sense that a faction in fantasy is diverse, when it’s a world conquering empire, as that’s the only thing that would make sense. At least when ithe empire isn’t a nazi allegory. Even in that case the empire probably has to have some sort of diversity for there to someone to oppress.

And I haven’t seen a single thing about Witcher that suggests the showrunner doesn’t care about the show. If anything I’d be hard pressed to find any showrunner who cares as much about a source material as she does.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:26 pm

Did you specifically pull from the book series or did you also draw inspiration from the Witcher games? Does that muddy the waters a little bit to draw from too many sources?

It does muddy the water a little bit for me. I’m a huge fan of the games. That being said, what I really tried to steer away from is that the video games right now are the sole visual representation of these stories and we needed to create our own visual representation. As I’ve been developing the series I’ve actually pulled back from playing the video games because I wanted to make sure the show we were creating was its own unique thing.

So yeah, lets not discuss the story here anymore. And furthermore compare the cast to how they look in games.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:43 pm

Unique is good, as long as she actually means it.

Would much prefer that to copying the games or the books tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:52 pm

Seems like it will be a heavily political show with limited adventure.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:13 pm

They are just adapting the books which means there will be plenty of adventures lol.

Renfri being cast means The Lesser Evil is happening. You'll see why Geralt is called the Butcher of Blaviken.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next