Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Doc on Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:04 am

Kinda see why Jjuve won't care but I also could see why they definitely would. Ronaldo, however, uff, what a turn of events. First the tax evasion stuff and now, rape allegations. Uff uff uff.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11669
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Luca on Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:10 am

@Doc wrote:Kinda see why Jjuve won't care but I also could see why they definitely would. Ronaldo, however, uff, what a turn of events. First the tax evasion stuff and now, rape allegations. Uff uff uff.


Nick is just doing his usual, over-encompassing, general, blanket, statements. I'm not saying I speak for Juventus, or Juventus fans but I can tell you with certainty that Nick doesn't either.

It's a situation that has to unfold, there are too many twists and turns in this tale to come. We have seen this go down with many massive figures such as Tupac and Kobe Bryant (off the top of my head).

To defend him, would be absurd. To condemn him... it's too soon. The reason the latter will be questioned is due to the settlement and the words of only one side, but you only have to look at the Aziz Ansari allegations of earlier this year to understand the murkiness in these situations, and even if the incident is questionable, Ronaldo would've been advised to settle. It's a confusion between in fact and in law, like today when everyone was discussing criminal principles as guilt, prior to any report of a criminal investigation (which we've now received, but until charges are laid, this is very much a civil proceeding about damages). On its face, it's very dubious though.
avatar
Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 13302
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Doc on Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:16 am

Yeah, as much as I hate doing this, I am gonna sit on the fence on this one and just wait till everything is clear. But it's one life altering scenario (tax evasion) to another one (rape allegations). Hope Jjuve's propaganda machine is well oiled.

With respect to Kobe, it wasn't the allegations that turned me off from him, no, it was the fact he threw certain teammates under the bus by saying they too does take part in extra marital affairs.

_________________

I told you so
avatar
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11669
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:21 am

except that the results of the rape kit are pretty damning if you ask me. even if we are towing that murky line you mention, it depicts the forceful/rough nature of the sex, which usually when it's consensual, things are done in a way to avoid contusion and injuries as revealed by the rape kit.

Also, i dont want to assume that the political context that we are experiencing in the US and in north america applies to Europe as well. I may be wrong about this, but Europe and Italy in particular strikes me as a country that will do their utmost to protect the male hegemony and by extension CR's reputation in this affair. Not to mention the army of his fans i already see on twitter "slut shaming" that girl. I mean you just have to look at how they use women in talk shows to get a sense of what i am describing. I dont live in Italy, i may be wrong, but this is my impression.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 28184
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:27 am

New York times now, well it's spreading



_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 28184
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Freeza on Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:36 am



@Mr Nick09 wrote:except that the results of the rape kit are pretty damning if you ask me. even if we are towing that murky line you mention, it depicts the forceful/rough nature of the sex, which usually when it's consensual, things are done in a way to avoid contusion and injuries as revealed by the rape kit.

Also, i dont want to assume that the political context that we are experiencing in the US and in north america applies to Europe as well. I may be wrong about this, but Europe and Italy in particular strikes me as a country that will do their utmost to protect the male hegemony and by extension CR's reputation in this affair. Not to mention the army of his fans i already see on twitter "slut shaming" that girl. I mean you just have to look at how they use women in talk shows to get a sense of what i am describing. I dont live in Italy, i may be wrong, but this is my impression.


They did elect a guy like Berlusconi, so I will say you're in the clear in regards to how they view women.

_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18854
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Luca on Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:21 am

@Mr Nick09 wrote:except that the results of the rape kit are pretty damning if you ask me. even if we are towing that murky line you mention, it depicts the forceful/rough nature of the sex, which usually when it's consensual, things are done in a way to avoid contusion and injuries as revealed by the rape kit.

Also, i dont want to assume that the political context that we are experiencing in the US and in north america applies to Europe as well. I may be wrong about this, but Europe and Italy in particular strikes me as a country that will do their utmost to protect the male hegemony and by extension CR's reputation in this affair. Not to mention the army of his fans i already see on twitter "slut shaming" that girl. I mean you just have to look at how they use women in talk shows to get a sense of what i am describing. I dont live in Italy, i may be wrong, but this is my impression.


I don't want to assume -> presumes to make claims on many loose, at best, assumptions

Bruh, you kill me. You can't attribute the actions of some, who will blindly defend Ronaldo if he spat in their mother's face, nor can you meaningfully draw an inference based on the so-called, depiction of women in Italian media with defending a rape allegation.

You're overreaching
avatar
Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 13302
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:29 am

what are you talking about? i said i dont want to assume the political and social context in regards to these type of accusation is the same between the US and Italy/Europe --> proceeded to give an example of why i rather not assume such as the way women are objectified in talks shows in Italy. It's an example.

Ronaldo fans on twitter attacking her falls under what i said earlier. It's very likely that people just brush it off without even wanting to look at what's going on. The actual fact that they are "slut shaming" her means they have already positioned themselves on a side, without waiting for due process.

I expressed a doubt over the outcome of this story, which is supported by the actual reaction i see from people. it's as simple as that. And changing someone's mind in this type of situation, when it's already made up, is near impossible.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 28184
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Luca on Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:42 am

Fair enough. I misunderstood your point by how it was framed. In any case, us bickering aside, this is a very serious matter and will have be treated as such
avatar
Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 13302
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Casciavit on Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:00 am

@Mr Nick09 wrote:check this thread for more info






WTF

Someone either change the thread title or make a new thread because a 5-time ballon d'or winner and arguably the most recognizable athlete in the world, being accused of rape is as thread worthy as it gets ffs.

_________________
avatar
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 6605
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:23 am

i agree, this should be the Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation thread

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 28184
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Luca on Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:27 am

It basically is

Think about all the people who bought his shirt when he signed for Juve, myself included... I can’t wear this shirt anymore. A small thing in comparison to the issue at large though.
avatar
Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 13302
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Hapless_Hans on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:38 am

@Luca wrote:It basically is

Think about all the people who bought his shirt when he signed for Juve, myself included... I can’t wear this shirt anymore. A small thing in comparison to the issue at large though.


It's not a small issue at all, seeing that many million people bought his shirt in the first hours after his signing alone, basically repaying his transfer fee instantly

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 24353
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:07 am

They made a 100m investment on him, and a fat paycheck, sold multiple stars so they could afford him, and now this happens. Of course Jjuve cares.

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 23222
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:38 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:We will never "know" who is guilty, we just know that CR didn't feel his case was not completely bulletproof so he decided to cough up the money, which is mighty suspicious but won't give us a definitive answer.

Not quite. There's actually a way we can find out, or at least start to be suspicious. If he did it with her, chances are he did it with someone else. A rapist never actually stops at one, especially when they think they're actually getting away with it. And her lawyers know this. As we speak, they must be turning every stone under the sun to find another victim to strengthen their defense with.

So far, there's still no damning evidence to incriminate him, and she didn't actually help her case either by waiting 10 years and taking a sum of money in exchange for her silence. If she really is telling the truth, if Ronaldo truly raped her, then she really missed the chance to bury him under the prison right then. All she had to do is NOT take his money. You're a rape victim for god's sake. The solution to your problem is to put your rapist behind bars or even execute them, not take money from them in exchange for your silence. Not only did she not help her case but she also agreed to let a rapist continue with his life as if nothing happened. How could she do something like that? Is money all that counts to her? If I were her, I wouldn't take a dime. I would immediately take him to court and make sure he never sees the light of day again.

This is of course assuming that she's telling the truth.

_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
avatar
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3556
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Vlad the Impaler on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:43 am

Execute them? A solution? Uh, didn’t expect this from you to be fair.
avatar
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 3340
Join date : 2012-04-11
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:45 am

I didn't mean her executing them. I meant the law.

Rapists deserve to be executed, but that's just my opinion.

_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
avatar
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3556
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Vlad the Impaler on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:48 am

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:I didn't mean her executing them. I meant the law.

Rapists deserve to be executed, but that's just my opinion.


I know, I understood. I don’t think it is a solution. But yeah, people differ...we have different perspectives. No worries.
avatar
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 3340
Join date : 2012-04-11
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Harmonica on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:56 am

I'm eye for an eye kind of guy myself if intentional, says the logic. Then again it would be quite weird for someone to be ordered anally rape Fakenaldo, and maybe he even would enjoy it.

_________________
- Come with me. Save yourself. You don't owe Argentine people any more. You've given them everything.
- Not everything. Not yet.
avatar
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 11320
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:59 am

@Vlad the Impaler wrote:
@The Demon of Carthage wrote:I didn't mean her executing them. I meant the law.

Rapists deserve to be executed, but that's just my opinion.


I know, I understood. I don’t think it is a solution. But yeah, people differ...we have different perspectives. No worries.

Yes, strangely enough I'm one of those who are for the death penalty. It's an extremely complicated issue, and in most cases, it shouldn't be acceptable for anyone to act like God and take someone else's life.

However, there are people in this world who are simply evil. They are not mentally stable or being coerced into doing it, they're simply evil and seek always to inflict the most pain and suffering upon others through disgusting and violent ways. Those people will never be or want to be rehabilitated.

Some prefer to incarcerate them for life. But in some cases, the crime is so vile that an incarceration alone doesn't do them justice. So yes, in very rare (extremely rare) cases, I am for the death penalty.

_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
avatar
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3556
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:01 pm

Also, I am for giving women who falsely accuse men of rape a life sentence. You have to be a special kind of evil to accuse and destroy someone else's life for a crime they didn't commit.

_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
avatar
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3556
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Harmonica on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:03 pm

Maximum penalty in my country is practically 12 years of Playstation, longest recorded served sentence 22 years. Yes that's how we roll.

_________________
- Come with me. Save yourself. You don't owe Argentine people any more. You've given them everything.
- Not everything. Not yet.
avatar
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 11320
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Vlad the Impaler on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:07 pm

I get what you’re saying DoC. I am the same, I have the same thoughts..instinctually speaking. The animal side of my human being is indeed thinking the same, but I am really questioning this and I guess if it didn’t work in the past when people were ripped apart or burned for this, it won’t work now.
avatar
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 3340
Join date : 2012-04-11
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Valkyrja on Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:06 pm

@Mr Nick09 wrote:i agree, this should be the Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation thread


Done

_________________
avatar
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10590
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Robespierre on Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:42 pm

@Freeza wrote:

@Mr Nick09 wrote:except that the results of the rape kit are pretty damning if you ask me. even if we are towing that murky line you mention, it depicts the forceful/rough nature of the sex, which usually when it's consensual, things are done in a way to avoid contusion and injuries as revealed by the rape kit.

Also, i dont want to assume that the political context that we are experiencing in the US and in north america applies to Europe as well. I may be wrong about this, but Europe and Italy in particular strikes me as a country that will do their utmost to protect the male hegemony and by extension CR's reputation in this affair. Not to mention the army of his fans i already see on twitter "slut shaming" that girl. I mean you just have to look at how they use women in talk shows to get a sense of what i am describing. I dont live in Italy, i may be wrong, but this is my impression.


They did elect a guy like Berlusconi, so I will say you're in the clear in regards to how they view women.


Are you serious ? Neutral Neutral
I didn't expect this externalization by you.
It's simply nonsense.

First of all , Berlusconi was elected twice ( always been a very bad politician, let's be clear) before these " sexual scandals" were emerged. After it, he lost further his popolarity. Pls. he got less votes than Lega Nord now ffs
When he was voted , the context was different.
For example in 94 Italy had Tangentopoli (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mani_pulite) , important parties were deleted , he got into politics with a new party exploiting the populism against the "old politics" of that period.
Other times he battled centre-left that had governed badly in Italy.

You could think many defects about him at that time (always been anti-Berlusconi, but hat's not the point) , not exactly the sexism.

It's quite insane to read this about Italy.
In Italy the women are treated as every other European countries. Germany, France, Denmark, etc
Shame I believed people had travelled in Italy lol

The problem about women belongs to other countries in the world. here women are not forced to stay at home ,not entering at stadium or wearing headgear .
I feel other should should be saying something about it.
avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 12016
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Robespierre on Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:51 pm

Surely noone 'd defend CR for a rape here.
Personally I don't care because I feel these are just bulls×its
I can't believe CR has made this , personally not a great fan of crap gossip news, It 's usually stuff for old women who drink cups of tea in the afternoon ( I believe this happens in civilized countries)
avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 12016
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum