Cruijf
Socur Toxanarosa
Doc
Hapless_Hans
Valkyrja
58 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Robespierre Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:50 pm

Freeza wrote:That was actually kind of my point Laughing

Denmark is probably the best place for women in world. And stuff like that is probably the norm here. And if it is like that here, how bad must it be other places.

I was in Stockholm two weeks ago and during a boat trip the tourist guide said us that Sweden is the best country in the world by far about gender equality, take respect to your cousins ffs

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Kaladin Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:02 pm

Now i understand what Nick meant when he said CR wants Real to cover him with the tax fraud, its stuff like this
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:07 pm

Wow. That is bad.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:11 pm

Kaladin wrote:

Now i understand what Nick meant when he said CR wants Real to cover him with the tax fraud, its stuff like this

FFS That 's embarassing Laughing
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:12 pm

You beat me to it Kaladin, i was looking for this post of mine i quoted below, as i said, Juve wont care.

You bet your ass, Mendes sent a message to Juve and told them to support CR. and this comes at a time, when even Nike are expressing how deeply concerned they are with these allegations. Another sponsor came out with the same reaction.

Mr Nick09 wrote:i think you underestimate how little they will care about this, at least at the stage that it is at, it doesnt matter for them big picture. Things really need to kick up a notch from a legal point of view to really matter, we arent there yet.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:18 pm

Juve:" You may be a rapist, but you are a great football player, and it's all that matter. you might have raped someone 10 years ago? who cares?"

garbage club
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:23 pm

You mean the club that signed him 3 months ago, pays his wages, and considers him a fundamental player and personality, didn't jump to condemn him publicly because of allegations made against him?

Wow, assholes. Unreal

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:24 pm

Wrong quotation *

Last edited by Thimmy on Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:27 pm

Well they all just copied Finland.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:28 pm

Robespierre wrote:

Denmark is probably the best place for women in world. And stuff like that is probably the norm here. And if it is like that here, how bad must it be other places.

I was in Stockholm two weeks ago and during a boat trip the tourist guide said us that Sweden is the best country in the world by far about gender equality, take respect to your cousins ffs

All Nordic countries have claimed that, at one point or another. The last time I checked, Iceland ranked highest in the majority of categories pertaining to gender equality, but that may have changed recently for all I know.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:30 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Juve:" You may be a rapist, but you are a great football player, and it's all that matter. you might have raped someone 10 years ago? who cares?"

garbage club

That's going a bit far, don't you think? Out of curiosity, why do you seem so particularly invested in this case?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:34 pm

For the record, Juventus coming to the defense of their player is absolutely normal. I mean i expected them to do so at one point, and to remind everyone that there is a due process in place which needs to take place. But to affirm that they stand by their player in the meantime.

what they said is that they dont give a fck about something that might have happened 10 years ago, whether it's a true or not, he plays football well, so the rest is irrelevant.

this is what i call garbage, and if you want to defend this kind of garbage statement, it's a real shame.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:52 pm

Italians and their Catholic moral values about women. Who would have guessed?
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:05 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:For the record, Juventus coming to the defense of their player is absolutely normal. I mean i expected them to do so at one point, and to remind everyone that there is a due process in place which needs to take place. But to affirm that they stand by their player in the meantime.

what they said is that they dont give a fck about something that might have happened 10 years ago, whether it's a true or not, he plays football well, so the rest is irrelevant.

this is what i call garbage, and if you want to defend this kind of garbage statement, it's a real shame.

but they didn't, they said alleged to have happened ten years ago

alleged being the key here, they aren't saying they don't care about what happened ten years ago, they're saying it's unproven

this language and distinction is extremely important, it changes the meaning of the entire message and hence the uproar that's seemingly ensuing here

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:10 pm

Collblanc wrote:Italians and their Catholic moral values about women. Who would have guessed?

Don't hold a grudge if your women prefer Italians to you , just accept it (:

Last edited by Robespierre on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:12 pm

@Luca, i dont think inserting the word "alleged" in there changes the meaning of the sentence. The way it reads to me, thus my reaction, is: this event which happened 10 years ago, true or not (allegedly), is irrelevant to the professionalism and work ethic CR has shown at juventus"

this is what i am reading.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:20 pm

Let me give you two sentences:

The events allegedly dating back to almost 10 years ago do not change this opinion, which is shared by anyone who has come into contact with this great champion

Here-> affirmation that something has happened and it doesn't matter because it was 10 years ago

The events allegedly dating back to almost 10 years ago do not change this opinion, which is shared by anyone who has come into contact with this great champion

Here: 'accused' - not yet proven; could have happened and could have equally not happened; for the events of 10 years ago (a specific time obviously referring to the alleged incident)

I would have preferred nothing from the club, or if they were so included a general statement extending their support to Ronaldo and nothing more. I am glad they did not specifically speak to the incident, the alleged victim, any of the news publications or anything of that matter.

Anyways, the wording is extremely important but even if it is borderline that it can be construed as you read it (not for me but I am biased in more ways than one), then it is a bad post

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:20 pm

Yup..I mean I defend CR in this issue until proven guilty but to say event that happened 10 years ago is of no relevance to Juventus as a club is very bad statement.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:23 pm

Nick you are reading what you want to read. Nothing has been proven, nothing has been judged, no due process has occurred or concluded, an investigation is just starting. They are protecting their asset on the face of allegation with no legal (or otherwise) base. If this is found to be something more then the position will change. They just said that allegations about alleged things of the past have no impact on their view of him, what else is there to say?

A few posts ago someone mentioned that you are just assuming he is guilty before due process takes place, this all that is triggering this response.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:28 pm

Luca wrote:

alleged being the key here, they aren't saying they don't care about what happened ten years ago, they're saying it's unproven

this language and distinction is extremely important, it changes the meaning of the entire message and hence the uproar that's seemingly ensuing here

Legal nuances are fine for court papers and contracts, not PR statements, particularly insofar as they're saying (alleged) historical events don't change the sporting perception of him. Noone is challenging the quality of athlete that he is, and making a comment about it is just an attempted distraction of the real issue. They may have invested in him, but that's secondary to the potential criminal sanctions. That investment goes to shit if he's guilty and goes to jail, and no amount of club backing changes what the legal verdict should or shouldn't be. At most, it should be a statement that due process should be observed (that might even have been their intention (if so, they should get better communications people)).

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:31 pm

Kaladin wrote:

Without getting into the whole Juve defending/not defending, this is just bad PR. Maybe something was lost in translation but they worded this really badly.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:48 pm

If this is the face of the new Juventus, the fans have reason to worry
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:59 pm

Look, to my Jjuve brothers and I guess a sister or two, there is nothing wrong with Juve issuing a statement in defense of Ronaldo. Like none. I actually expected it and have no qualms in the action.

The delivery was bad though. Someone needs to be fired for that potential PR nightmare. Terrible choice of words.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:04 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

All Nordic countries have claimed that, at one point or another. The last time I checked, Iceland ranked highest in the majority of categories pertaining to gender equality, but that may have changed recently for all I know.

Things change from year to year. Nordic countries are consistently at the top and I weren’t trying to compare to those countries as I consider them the same level in most things. I think we’re more alike than most neighbours.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/women-full-list
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:09 pm

@Doc The delivery can be bad, my response was not to the comment itself, but to Nick's response that just looking to overdramatize everything.

It's jumping to conclusions. Nothing about that statement says that the club wouldn't care if Ronaldo was a rapist. The statement says that a claim doesn't change their view of him. That's it, and it shouldn't. If this becomes something bigger then responses should change accordingly. If he indeed raped her then he should be prosecuted and football should be the least of his or anyone's worries. He should be judged accordingly and go to prison.

The rest, is drama.

Last edited by rincon on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:12 pm

Nivash wrote:
Luca wrote:

Legal nuances are fine for court papers and contracts, not PR statements, particularly insofar as they're saying (alleged) historical events don't change the sporting perception of him. Noone is challenging the quality of athlete that he is, and making a comment about it is just an attempted distraction of the real issue. They may have invested in him, but that's secondary to the potential criminal sanctions. That investment goes to shit if he's guilty and goes to jail, and no amount of club backing changes what the legal verdict should or shouldn't be. At most, it should be a statement that due process should be observed (that might even have been their intention (if so, they should get better communications people)).

Aye, if you read my later post I agreed with these sentiments. It's still a bad post in so that it can be construed in the contrary to what was obviously intended

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next