The Demon of Carthage
sportsczy
Hapless_Hans
Firenze
Mr Nick09
42 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Conte Internazionale Milano sack watch - Page 10 Empty Re: Conte Internazionale Milano sack watch

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:23 pm

Conte has won 3 of his last 15 European matches. It is safe to say short two legged returns simply do not suit him in this stage of his career or its a mental block from the early part of his coaching career where he was criticised as a European letdown.

Given the sample size of leagues compared to Europe it doesnt actually mean that much despite Europe being prioritised more but it does mean if this does continue from next year, he will be a lot less desirable to hire from clubs looking to try their chance in Europe.

Finishing at least third and winning the EL could have shaken it off but alas he finished fourth.

As for Mourinho, its always been destined he will return but I feel he wants to when he is back to his best against or least with the confidence he used to have.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Conte Internazionale Milano sack watch - Page 10 Empty Re: Conte Internazionale Milano sack watch

Post by Casciavit Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:08 pm

I find Conte's CL struggles very interesting. Based on my CL theory, his football is the opposite of that of CL winning teams. No dynamic wingers, no controllers in midfield, and aside from Hakimi his fullbacks are over the hill. His forwards aren't killers in the biggest moments and he also does that Pep thing where he feels the need to coordinate every pass on the touchline.

Add in his inflexibility with changing his system and you have the recipe as to why he struggles so much in CL.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:12 pm

Also what contract length are those old bums he signed on?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:11 pm

On his way to win 5 league titles in the last 7 years of club management across 3 clubs.

Definition of elite.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:40 am

Best in the world at taking a banter team and turning it into a title-competing team in quick fashion. Especially if his team isn't in Europe, then you'd put money on them to win the league. Even a guy like Klopp who has cred for rebuild projects will take a few seasons, but Conte will have them competing the very same season he joins. That's insane.

His CL/knockout competition record is still atrocious though. Truly embarrassing. I wonder when he'll finally get over that hump.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:09 am

RealGunner wrote:On his way to win 5 league titles in the last 7 years of club management across 3 clubs.

Definition of elite.

Don't understand how this was ever in doubt. Dethroned Allegri's Milan, won with Chelsea among Pep's City, Klopp's Liverpool, and Mou's United, and now will end our 9 year scudetto run that he started himself.

GOAT
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:43 pm

rincon wrote:
RealGunner wrote:On his way to win 5 league titles in the last 7 years of club management across 3 clubs.

Definition of elite.

Don't understand how this was ever in doubt. Dethroned Allegri's Milan, won with Chelsea among Pep's City, Klopp's Liverpool, and Mou's United, and now will end our 9 year scudetto run that he started himself.

GOAT

Please refresh my memory rincon (because I could be wrong), but weren't Ibra and Thiago Silva already gone when Conte battled Max's Milan for the title?

Also, I don't remember City or Liverpool being particularly strong when Conte beat them to the PL.

I consider him to be an elite league coach though, but he still has a lot to prove in Europe.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:05 pm

Both Ibra and Thiago Silva were with Milan. Conte took a seventh place Juventus, rejuvenated the squad with a mix of experience and sharp signings (Pirlo, Vidal, Licht, Asamoah, Vucinic, Barzagli etc.) and went undefeated in his first season

For me it’s his best accomplishment alongside Euro 2016. That was one of the worst Italian squads talent wise and he made them play well. It was fantastic to see

Overall, I hate him though. And he loses every ounce of identity the moment it’s not a domestic competition which I can’t stand. His Inter CL campaign really mirrored his Juventus CL matches

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:31 pm

Klopp and Pep's teams were still under construction when Chelsea won the title. Mou United were practically considered irrelevant.
Here Inter are coasting to the title because we decided to shoot ourselves in the foot. Context is important.
As Luca pointed out, his best achievements are taking Juventus to the top and overachieving with a mediocre Italy team.
Still a European flop though.

Having said that Inter's fortunes changed when they hired Marotta and we started to regress once we promoted Paratici.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:14 pm

S wrote:Klopp and Pep's teams were still under construction when Chelsea won the title. Mou United were practically considered irrelevant.
Here Inter are coasting to the title because we decided to shoot ourselves in the foot. Context is important.

It is because Inter have won 19 matches on 26 and 4 ties (and won most of big games) , great march so far
Current supremacy has not do with weakness of others
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:23 pm

Teams being under construction would be more important if Conte and Chelsea were more established at the time, but it was his first season in the PL. The ability to arrive and deliver results straight away is huge, which is something he does very well. He did it for us, Chelsea, and now sadly for Inter.

This Serie A title we are weaker without a doubt but that is not the only thing at play here. Conte is on pace to a 90+ point season which is our usual tally under Allegri. This Inter would have still fought us (win or lose) for the title in most seasons of the last 7.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:01 pm

No one has doubted Conte in the league.

In fact he is arguably the best in the world at it. His tenure and first year in Chelsea to what he did at Juventus says it all.

Not to mention a very good Italia.

Its his European record that haunts him otherwise he is amongst the best.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:16 pm

What exactly is the reason for the huge contrast in domestic vs Europe for him though? After so many times it must be something about him, or his tactics, or whatever it is. Is it the 3-5-2? Hes just tactically not good enough for Europe comps? Or what? Would be great if someone can pinpoint it Razz

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:26 pm

Doesn't build his squads with CL in mind and I don't think his coaching style suits cup competitions.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:31 pm

Casc what exactly do u mean by style not suiting cup comps?

He definitely needs to improve this though if hes gonna go on managing top clubs obviously, since they all want success in Europe apart from domestic.

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed May 26, 2021 5:25 pm

He's out

Sounds like an Inter implosion is coming (:

Inb4 they sign Allegri
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 26, 2021 5:41 pm

Levy needs to throw the kitchen sink at Conte. I think he has no chance, but maybe the idea of having 150 million from Kane being sold + extra cash to just use rebuilding the squad however he likes is an attractive proposition, especially if Spurs manages to keep Son (I also imagine Conte would like to keep Kane, but I don't think that's a realistic ask at the moment).

I should be clear, I don't think he would come to Tottenham (why would he?), but Levy should try his best. With Tottenham needing a rebuild and Pep's City being around (and probably getting Kane, too), I can't see him achieving a league title with Tottenham, but if there is anyone who can get Tottenham back to the place they were when they had Poch around, it's Conte.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 26, 2021 7:50 pm

https://www.inter.it/it/news/2021/05/26/comunicato-risoluzione-consensuale-antonio-conte.html
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed May 26, 2021 9:04 pm

Dagger to the heart

The reason is only money or something else?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 26, 2021 9:10 pm

Myesyats wrote:Dagger to the heart

The reason is only money or something else?

Feels really hard to believe it is for anything else tbh, but I'm not in the know about Inter. Feel for Inter fans rn
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed May 26, 2021 10:55 pm

According to Marca, the reason is:

Conte is reportedly far from pleased by Inter president Steven Zhang and Inter owner's Suning decision to cut the club's wage bill by up to 20 percent, in addition to the need to earn close to 100 million euros from player sales. Conte, instead, believes that money needs to be spent strengthening the squad.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Thu May 27, 2021 1:45 am

Conte is the ultimate alpha. If he doesn't like something, he just leaves, money be damned. It's exactly what he did at Juve too. Respect
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Thu May 27, 2021 1:48 am

Casciavit wrote:Doesn't build his squads with CL in mind and I don't think his coaching style suits cup competitions.

It's not a tactical problem, it's a mental one. His neurosis kicks into overdrive for cup games and it gets transmitted to the players, so they start making mistakes
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 27, 2021 7:46 am

adun101 wrote:Conte is the ultimate alpha. If he doesn't like something, he just leaves, money be damned. It's exactly what he did at Juve too. Respect

seems more like a hysterical diva to me, or a pouty little boy with ADHS, but yeah that's probably what you consider 'alpha' Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu May 27, 2021 9:50 am

CBarca wrote:Levy needs to throw the kitchen sink at Conte. I think he has no chance, but maybe the idea of having 150 million from Kane being sold + extra cash to just use rebuilding the squad however he likes is an attractive proposition, especially if Spurs manages to keep Son (I also imagine Conte would like to keep Kane, but I don't think that's a realistic ask at the moment).

I should be clear, I don't think he would come to Tottenham (why would he?), but Levy should try his best. With Tottenham needing a rebuild and Pep's City being around (and probably getting Kane, too), I can't see him achieving a league title with Tottenham, but if there is anyone who can get Tottenham back to the place they were when they had Poch around, it's Conte.

Conte at Spurs means ManUtd out of top 4, I would love this ! Hope it happens or hope he joins Arsenal at least.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 27, 2021 10:35 am

AS if Conte would go to Spurs Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next