Zees
Mamad
17 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Copa Del rey Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Copa Del rey Thread

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:34 pm

Mamad wrote:
Ronaldo never makes any excuses about not getting service, he commands the line and asks for the ball.

Not really. he cried most of the times. or looked like it.
i said he never made excuses, not that he wasnt asking for the ball all the time, of course he was, thats the point

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:24 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Mamad wrote:
Ronaldo never makes any excuses about not getting service, he commands the line and asks for the ball.

Not really. he cried most of the times. or looked like it.
i said he never made excuses, not that he wasnt asking for the ball all the time, of course he was, thats the point

That indeed the point doesn't matter how he does it tbh, he gets the ball when and where he wants it thus its easier to finish to chances and build consistency.

too many times isco, Lucas, carvajal, ordizola, asensio, ceba, vini and casemiro are shooting the ball through traffic, when benzema the cf is clear on goal literally no other team does this shit on such a regular basis, it's stupid and Benz needs to do something about it, cause real Madrid chances of winning anything are much lower if players who can't break double digits in goals, are taking on these poor shots in tight games situations from silly angles its bad football and its one of the main reasons for the lost points.

chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:35 pm

The team is coming together good overall so I'm sure solari can stomp it out or shitty trophy less season.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:15 pm

I think I have been over critical of Benz in the past seasons but this season for the most part he's been very good. I think we can all agree that he'll never be a Suarez or Pipita but he's been very sharp this season. Just this past game he managed to have 9 shots. In the past season it would have taken him 20 matchdays to reach that amount. So he is progressing positively. I'd still like us to add Cavani though, the competition will be healthy for the team.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:21 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I think I have been over critical of Benz in the past seasons but this season for the most part he's been very good. I think we can all agree that he'll never be a Suarez or Pipita but he's been very sharp this season. Just this past game he managed to have 9 shots. In the past season it would have taken him 20 matchdays to reach that amount. So he is progressing positively.

I'm surprised to hear this, especially coming from a good poster like you, Hala. I respect your opinion of course, but I completely disagree with you.

The thing with Benzema is that he hasn't really been very good this season. He hasn't even been good, period. But he got so used to being dreadful and disappointing for many years that even the slightest moment of mediocrity can trigger a sentiment of satisfaction  into the spectator.

We're talking about a 'CF' who had a total of 5 goals in the league last season - a figure that is too low for any striker no matter what position or role they may have on the field, and is of course unacceptable by any metric under the sun. So naturally, when he manages to score 7 goals while we're still halfway through the current season, you are immediately impressed. Why? Because he has set the bar so low for himself.

This is the list of La Liga's top scorers as of today 26/01/2019:

Copa Del rey Thread - Page 5 Topsco10

Benzema is ranked 14th in that list (16th if you factor in the assists as well) with 7 goals behind guys like André Silva, Borja Iglesias and Roger Marti after 20 games.

Now, you may be one of those who think that a CF isn't required to score goals if he's doing other things. I respect that, but I don't believe in that theory one iota. No matter how I spin it, whichever way I look at it, 7 goals after 20 games is unacceptable for Real Madrid's number nine. And the fact that our 'top goalscorer" is not even in the top ten behind some nobodies who are the furthest thing from being prolific marksmen makes me a little worried about Madrid's sudden, dramatic and inexplicable drop in expectations.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:47 pm

Behind Raul de Tomas, our loanee as well. Sigh. Tired shit on Big Ben, I just want us to win as much as we can whenever we can.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:21 pm

I think Benz has played well recently. He started well, went through a dry run... and has picked it up for a while now. With him, i want to see if he can sustain his performance through the season. Even during his best seasons, he wasn't consistent.

To defend him a bit... i've see him become more aggressive as Hala mentioned. He's actually now trying to shoot and score. I think that it's a mental challenge and adjustment for him to go from being a sidekick for years to the central scorer. We'll see if he continues to stay aggressive.

The one thing I will say though is that his runs and movement in the box are not great. He goes to the far post behind the CB 99% of the time. Unless the player making the cross puts in the perfect ball, it's not going to get to him. That is a HUGE flaw. He needs to make runs where 50/50 balls in the box are truly 50/50 lol. Right now it's 90/10 to the bad.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:12 am

Anyone who says Benzema hasn't been good this season is either biased or blind.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:01 pm

I don't agree about benzema shooting more recently I don't think he has been shy about shooting, he just doesn't shoot low percentage shots something the other players love to do, a lot of shots he pass up are half chances or he see a player more open nothing wrong with that, he should shoot more if he get the ball in a timely manner and room to operate, rafa freaking benitez solved this by simply going into press conferences emphasizing that Benz needs to score cause that his JOB and players had no choice but give him proper service, so it's clear that a lot of the blame is on the other players, they are pro footballers you really think Benz runs/positioning are stopping them from finding him? Laughing.

When he is waiting for crosses his positioning in the box is not necessarily bad, if cr is out there occupying that space more infront of goal, that habit he developed as being third scoring option feeding on scraps, but crosses are half asses anyway I don't it would make a difference where he positioned himself if the other players are disingenuous with the service(asensio).

His runs are good to decent, well timed and he is often open in good positions to receive the ball, but as usual the players are always doing some sort of fckery instead, and I don't think it's right to gloss over the players screwing him out of great chances(isco) just to blame him solely, I have never seen this happen with any other forward than Benz, that why it's never good to single out players to let others off the hook, cause those players won't improve their play making (isco).

Mamad you gotta learn some posters don't know a good game from a bad one or really knowledgeable about things like proper cf play, they just regurgitate the same argument from 10yrs ago, cause they have nothing noteworthy to add to a discussion cause they have no clues what happening on the pitch.

chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:54 pm

Mamad wrote:Anyone who says Benzema hasn't been good this season is either biased or blind.

Or has a different meaning to what "good" means. I personally have no issues with Big Ben, he has been putting a serious effort into making himself "big" i.e being a leading striker and has done well so far.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:20 pm

Official line up:

Keylor Navas; Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo; Llorente, Kroos, Ceballos; Lucas, Vinícius y Benzema.

Nice line up. Nice of Solari to persist with Vini. Marcelo back so that means being 1-0 day before the game's even begun
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:29 pm

1-0 down within 10 minutes here we come.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:32 pm

Lmao you actually made me check if the game had started
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:51 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Lmao you actually made me check if the game had started

I checked, too Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:05 pm

Wait hang on, Ramos is back already? Thought he was injured
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:40 pm

I know we're only 6 minutes in, but god, Llorente is a joy to watch. Love Case, but this young phoenix has way more potential.

I hope he'll continue to get regular playing time.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:00 pm

Benzinho at it again
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:04 pm

Llorente should start over Casemiro 5/5 times. He has a bit of both Case and Xabi and everything we've been looking for, for a long time. Such a reliable holding midfielder coming though our ranks. He reminds me of Michael Carrick.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:05 pm

When you stop doing nonsense and just pass the ball, benzema with the nice finish tie over
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:17 pm

Karim the double Benzema cheers

Vini, Kroos and Llorente are doing good.

we are giving them too many chances though.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:20 pm

Benzema get a hattrick and hit the bench, when you give your forward some service and make runs for him never thought I would see the day Proud.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:20 pm

This team is so technical. Everyone love to have thr ball under pressure. But damn Ramos should not be playing, he's clearly not fit. The less said about Marcelo the better. He should prostrate in front of Navas because if Courtois was the goalie today we'd be 4-2 down

Anyways Vinicious and Benz ffs :bow: I do not want to see Bale in this frontline. Maybe test out Asensio, after seeing Vini surely he cant play like a pussy surely???
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:21 pm

Alex Granell would not be at Girona for long, that left foot of his is delightful. Alas, nice half. Benzema and Varane being great in their respective positions. Vini, Llorente and Lucas are fine as well, yes, Lucas is fine. Sigh.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:30 pm

Benz should break his fingers every season if this is what he'll do. So good

The Betis game seems to be the PSG clash of last season. The game that turned our season around

I think Solari has found his ideal XI, I just wish he has the balls to continue with Vini
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:31 pm

I mean, it's not like Bale has a Ronaldo level influence, Vini is helping him achieve results, why not continue starting him.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:07 pm

Lol imagine if bale throws another tantrum about wanting to start. I think lucas will be the victim though. I'd rather bale prove his worth than just being granted a starting place. But I presume lucas will be the fall guy
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next