Art Morte
El Gunner
Luca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
15 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:49 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You don't think Memphis 2021 pick is of value? Unless JJJ turns into a top 5 player somehow in 18 months that will be a very high pick.

Guess I’m too high on JJJ then. I’m not sure if the pick is going to be better than 12-14 range.

I think JJJ is going to be a sure fire hall of famer. He’s by far the best all round player this draft.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:51 pm

I think he's really great, but Memphis are hot trash and obviously they're going to trade Conley/Gasol.

There's only so much one man can impact lol, but 18 months is a long time in basketball.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:56 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Seeing these big stars requesting trades to bigger markets makes me appreciate Harden all the more :bow:

Texas is a massive market lol.

If you mean "average" with massive market then sure. Still Harden could've easily taken the easy route and request a move to a better team but decided instead to improve and help his city :bow:

Even more credit to Giannis btw :bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:57 pm

BTW AD leaving has nothing to do with market, it's because we aren't contending.

If we were he'd stay, Harden would leave Houston very quickly if they sucked as much as we do.

So basically you're talking nonsense.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:01 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Seeing these big stars requesting trades to bigger markets makes me appreciate Harden all the more :bow:

If you mean "average" with massive market then sure. Still Harden could've easily taken the easy route and request a move to a better team but decided instead to improve and help his city :bow:

How has he improved the city? In that regard James Harden is a fucking blip on the radar. JJ Watt is on a whole nother planet in that regard.

Also Houston the fourt biggest city in the US. After NYC, Chicago and L.A. Hard to claim in good faith they're an average market.

They're hovering around the middle of the top 10
http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nba-market-size-nfl-mlb-nhl-nielsen-ratings/

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:06 pm

Also Giannis hasn't earnt the position of praise yet.

When he's next contract is up then we can decide if he deserves that yet.

Considering Westbrook is literally the only one resigned on his 2nd extension in a non big market.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Also Giannis hasn't earnt the position of praise yet.

When he's next contract is up then we can decide if he deserves that yet.

Considering Westbrook is literally the only one resigned on his 2nd extension in a non big market.

Well, everyone on Spurs can be counted on technically. They're one the five smallest markets.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:12 pm

That's fair.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:14 pm

Freeza wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

How has he improved the city? In that regard James Harden is a fucking blip on the radar. JJ Watt is on a whole nother planet in that regard.

Also Houston the fourt biggest city in the US. After NYC, Chicago and L.A. Hard to claim in good faith they're an average market.

They're hovering around the middle of the top 10
http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nba-market-size-nfl-mlb-nhl-nielsen-ratings/

Football is without a doubt THE sport in Houston, that's what I meant. Not even the biggest basketball team in Texas. Houston Rockets can barely fill the arena in most games. Small market was the wrong word to use but the point still stands that Harden decided to make the Rockets his team, instead of jumping ship to a more glamorous organization. I admire that about him.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:19 pm

Well, Texans isn't the biggest NFL team in Texas either. I think some high school football team might be more popular, since HS football is probably the most popular thing in Texas overall.

I don't see many teams bigger than Houston that way. They've been hugely marketable for so long.

All through the late 80s and 90s. Yao Ming era they were huge.

I just think Harden is hart to market, since he's so hated around the league and his playstyle isn't exciting to many.

Just look at his historic performance this past month. Hardly anyone gives a shit in a positive sense.

Imagine if another player had done it.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:32 pm

When Giannis's contract is up in 2021 he'll have been in Milwaukee, probably among the smallest markets in the NBA (I'm willing to say bottom 6) with a shit climate and a city that's well known for post-Civil Rights Act racial segregation

Not to mention some really shit teams and coaches.

If they can't build and keep a championship team around it and he left, I don't think there should be uproar over his not being loyal to a small market. He's been here putting in the work, he deserves the recognition imo. There is absolutely NO signs that he plans on leaving before his next contract negotiations are up, either.

If he requested a trade before then, maybe he doesn't deserve the praise, but that's not happening.

Last edited by CBarca on Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:36 pm

Harden doesn't deserve any praise imo.

Rockets have been a pretty good team the whole time he's been there, and they've been willing the last couple years to broker everything to make it his team and make it a championship contending team. It would be a piece of shit move if he DID leave given what the ownership has given him. I also disagree with the notion that Houston is anywhere near a small market. New Orleans is a small market. Jazz are a small market. Memphis is small, Milwaukee is small. Houston is different to those, even if football is the big thing in Texas.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:39 pm

Irving to LA for Ball & Kuzma/Ingram.
Davis to Boston for Tatum & Horford & a pick?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:40 pm

CBarca wrote:When Giannis's contract is up in 2021 he'll have been in Milwaukee, probably among the smallest markets in the NBA (I'm willing to say bottom 6) with a shit climate and a city that's well known for post-Civil Rights Act racial segregation

If they can't build and keep a championship team around it and he left, I don't think there should be uproar over his not being loyal to a small market. He's been here putting in the work, he deserves the recognition imo. There is absolutely NO signs that he plans on leaving before his next contract negotiations are up, either.

If he requested a trade before then, maybe he doesn't deserve the praise, but that's not happening.

You should hope he demands a trade rather than leaving tbh. Imagine what you'd get for him.

He's the most valuable asset in the NBA, and I'm not sure it's actually close at this point.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:41 pm

Art Morte wrote:Irving to LA for Ball & Kuzma/Ingram.
Davis to Boston for Tatum & Horford & a pick?

I'd rather put a bullet in my brain than that tbh. Anywhere but Boston for my guy Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:55 pm

Freeza wrote:
CBarca wrote:When Giannis's contract is up in 2021 he'll have been in Milwaukee, probably among the smallest markets in the NBA (I'm willing to say bottom 6) with a shit climate and a city that's well known for post-Civil Rights Act racial segregation

You should hope he demands a trade rather than leaving tbh. Imagine what you'd get for him.

He's the most valuable asset in the NBA, and I'm not sure it's actually close at this point.

Him and AD

Which is why I don't think it's fair to question Giannis' belonging with those loyal players.

He stuck with Milwaukee after his rookie contract but let's not act like other teams didn't want him. Everyone could see years ago that he was going to turn into a future MVP
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:59 pm

Giannis is worth much more than AD because of the extra year. I don't know if he could even demand a ransom in his last year, like Pelicans might do if they wait until the summer.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:05 pm

No NBA player leaves before their 2nd contract is up lol.

All Giannis has done is the same as every other player, he signed his first extension which every single player does.

He hasn't earned any special praise until that time comes, if he signs it sure but not yet.

That's like praising AD 2 years ago for being loyal lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:15 pm

Well, he has no choice but to sign Laughing

Well he can sign a 1-year qualifying offer for like 5m and become a FA after a year. But that's a hell of gamble.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:29 pm

Exactly, you're dumb AF if you don't sign.

Literally everyone signs their first extension.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:45 pm

Fair enough, idk anything about NBA contracts. Dumb af compared to football where things are so simple
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:53 pm

CBarca wrote:Fair enough, idk anything about NBA contracts. Dumb af compared to football where things are so simple

If you think football contract are more simple you're far gone imo.

NBA contract are simple.

All money are guaranteed all the time. Cap number is the salary. NFL is just so illogical with all this stuff because of bonuses, not guaranteed money etc.

First contract for rookies drafted in 1st round in guaranteed 2-4 years in a 2+2 situation. 2 first year are guaranteed, then the team can choose to option the next contract for 2 years.

When the first four years are done, they can sign contracts with whatever team they want to as a restricted FA, which means the team that drafted them has the option to match any offer the player signs and keep them. Think max is 4-5 years here, which means after 8-9 years is the first chance to be unrestricted free agent, where you have all your agency.

This is why there's a big deal in the NBA about free agency opposed to the NFL where star player will never ever have a chance to become free agents
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:12 pm

After / during that first extension the star players have a bit too much power given by free agency, imo. Too often these situations like AD arise where a (smaller) team pretty much has to trade away their star player, so that they don't lose him for nothing.

I'll be kinda disappointed if the Pelicans trade AD to the Lakers instead of wait until the summer. They'll get nothing exciting in return from the Lakers, just a lot of questionable potential.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:23 pm

@Freeza, sorry I'm referring to football as in European, not gridiron.

I've never really looked at NFL contracts and don't care to. Couldn't care less about that league tbh.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:24 pm

Art Morte wrote:After / during that first extension the star players have a bit too much power given by free agency, imo. Too often these situations like AD arise where a (smaller) team pretty much has to trade away their star player, so that they don't lose him for nothing.

I'll be kinda disappointed if the Pelicans trade AD to the Lakers instead of wait until the summer. They'll get nothing exciting in return from the Lakers, just a lot of questionable potential.

Players have too much power? They literally have to wait 60% of their careers before they have a chance to decide where they're going.

Once they then have a chance to pick they have "too much power". Can't support that at all.

If these smaller teams actually had some resemblance of how to build a team they could keep the players. Pelicans could've easily kept him if they didn't fuck up.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:26 pm

CBarca wrote:@Freeza, sorry I'm referring to football as in European, not gridiron.

I've never really looked at NFL contracts and don't care to. Couldn't care less about that league tbh.

Ahhhh. That makes so much more sense. The way I read it it almost seemed to stupid to fathom Laughing my bad. Ben watching NFL for about 15 years and still no fuck all about contracts.

I like NBA contracts the most tbh. European football is weird with contract where players extend when they have two years left, and when they choose to play out a contract they're benched.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next