Art Morte
El Gunner
Luca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
15 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:26 pm

CBarca wrote:@Freeza, sorry I'm referring to football as in European, not gridiron.

I've never really looked at NFL contracts and don't care to. Couldn't care less about that league tbh.

Ahhhh. That makes so much more sense. The way I read it it almost seemed to stupid to fathom Laughing my bad. Ben watching NFL for about 15 years and still no fuck all about contracts.

I like NBA contracts the most tbh. European football is weird with contract where players extend when they have two years left, and when they choose to play out a contract they're benched.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:29 pm

Actually forgot one thing that is a good look for Giannis

Despite the contractual details, Giannis did take less money than he needed to for the Bucks to allow some extra flexibility financially.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/bucks-discussed-max-contract-with-giannis-antetokounmpo-who-took-less/
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:37 pm

Freeza wrote:
Art Morte wrote:After / during that first extension the star players have a bit too much power given by free agency, imo. Too often these situations like AD arise where a (smaller) team pretty much has to trade away their star player, so that they don't lose him for nothing.

I'll be kinda disappointed if the Pelicans trade AD to the Lakers instead of wait until the summer. They'll get nothing exciting in return from the Lakers, just a lot of questionable potential.

Players have too much power? They literally have to wait 60% of their careers before they have a chance to decide where they're going.

Once they then have a chance to pick they have "too much power". Can't support that at all.

If these smaller teams actually had some resemblance of how to build a team they could keep the players. Pelicans could've easily kept him if they didn't fuck up.

Well, Davis is 25, just entering his prime. I think it's a bit cruel that the Pelicans only get a little taste of that before having to trade him away.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:43 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Freeza wrote:
Art Morte wrote:After / during that first extension the star players have a bit too much power given by free agency, imo. Too often these situations like AD arise where a (smaller) team pretty much has to trade away their star player, so that they don't lose him for nothing.

I'll be kinda disappointed if the Pelicans trade AD to the Lakers instead of wait until the summer. They'll get nothing exciting in return from the Lakers, just a lot of questionable potential.

Players have too much power? They literally have to wait 60% of their careers before they have a chance to decide where they're going.

Once they then have a chance to pick they have "too much power". Can't support that at all.

If these smaller teams actually had some resemblance of how to build a team they could keep the players. Pelicans could've easily kept him if they didn't fuck up.

Well, Davis is 25, just entering his prime. I think it's a bit cruel that the Pelicans only get a little taste of that before having to trade him away.

They have him until 27 and could risk it. Having 9 years of a player that caliber and never really doing anything of worth is on them, and it's not a tragedy if they'd lose him for nothing.

Most teams would kill for 9 years of player like that. Even though only 6 would be all NBA years. Which is still incredible
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:45 pm

Davis isn't really just "entering his prime". He might be, but he's given the Pelicans like 3 or 4 years of being one of the best PF/C's in the league.

They've been getting a taste for years and haven't done anything about it. This is why I'm so happy to see the Bucks actually get it together. At least we're not wasting Giannis right now. We're doing what needs to be done to keep him
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:46 pm

Woj reporting Pelicans will emplore the league to enforce tampering rules because he requested a trade rofl

I'm so fucking done Laughing Trash organisation all around. Look inwards ffs. It's not LeBron's fault he doesn't want you.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:52 pm

#BanLeBum4Lyfe
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:53 pm

CBarca wrote:#BanLeBum4Lyfe

I still can't believe Magic got fined for tampering with Giannis for saying he'd become an MVP in Milwaukee
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:34 pm

CBarca wrote:Davis isn't really just "entering his prime". He might be, but he's given the Pelicans like 3 or 4 years of being one of the best PF/C's in the league.

They've been getting a taste for years and haven't done anything about it. This is why I'm so happy to see the Bucks actually get it together. At least we're not wasting Giannis right now. We're doing what needs to be done to keep him

I don't think that's fair, we've tried to put pieces around AD but almost always we never got to see them together due to injuries.

Yes we made some mistakes, but we didn't just sit back and do nothing.

For example from a possible 2400 minutes we've had our best starting 5 out there this year for 75 minutes Laughing

Reality is it doesn't matter anymore, AD can't wait anymore and hope it improves but please don't act like we've done nothing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:49 pm

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:57 pm

Everyone not named the Warriors is doing nothing effectively.

That’s the reality of the league. Even a good Pelicans team that made the playoffs and won a series last season, has to consider the realities of the league right now.

Anthony Davis is a definitive franchise player. He will be part of another super team that will be formed in front of us, maybe with LeBron, maybe with Kyrie, who knows.

Doesn’t really matter to me as long as the Warriors are the Warriors.. that’s my outlook on the league though

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:19 pm

technically Kyrie, LeBron and AD is possible if Kyrie can settle for 30m a year hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:26 pm

Freeza wrote:technically Kyrie, LeBron and AD is possible if Kyrie can settle for 30m a year hmm

If that happens i don't want you to ever complain about the Warriors ever again.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:28 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Freeza wrote:technically Kyrie, LeBron and AD is possible if Kyrie can settle for 30m a year hmm

If that happens i don't want you to ever complain about the Warriors ever again.

If it happens I have so many posts to edit

___

also apparently Boston's Memphis pick is top 8 protected
They have another pick lottery protected also
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:12 am

I can say he's my favorite player, still a bit of a cuck move by Davis.

Pelicans have been plagued by injuries, he can't be unaware of that. He's well surrounded with quality players, it's not like they have a shit record 10-40 or whatever.

Far less glorious to be the pillar of an artificial "superteam", a sort of Anti-Warriors, instead of going to war for the franchise that drafted him. Or is it just money and Pelicans can't afford ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:24 am

You're talking from an Football point of view when you say that, i don't blame you but NBA works very differently.

Basically this is 7th season, his contract is up next summer and we've shown no real chance of competing.

Yes they are injuries etc etc, but that's the cold hard reality of sports. Everybody knew for years this was a make or break season and it hasn't gone well.

He's well within his rights to be doing what he's doing and i'm personally happy he is, he could be quiet and then leave for nothing like Durant did with OKC.

This way at least we can get something for him and rebuild, it should be stated though unless we get blown away by an offer it's not happening till the summer.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:06 am

LeFoat would have would championships with this Pelicans team if he was there instead of Davis IMO
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:11 am

Woj reporting Klay would be really interested in joining Lakers this off season if they get AD if Warriors don’t give him the full max.

Come home Klay ffs
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:37 pm

The question is is Klay really worth the max?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:48 pm

Art Morte wrote:The question is is Klay really worth the max?

Definitely. I’d be surprised if he’s the one that leaves the Warriors and not KD or even Draymond though.

You’re talking about one of the best 3 point shooters of all time and an incredible defender, with a championship resume. You’d also max him just to deprive the Warriors of him. Easy signing

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:49 pm

Yes without a doubt, not even a question really.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:38 pm

I dunno, a max player, for me, should be someone who can carry a team. Klay is more like a really good 2nd option.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:19 pm

Art Morte wrote:I dunno, a max player, for me, should be someone who can carry a team. Klay is more like a really good 2nd option.

That's a very archaic point of view and completely dependant in the roster itself.

If Lakers have AD and LeBron then Klay is worth a max to them.

If you asked the question is Klay worth a max on a team where he's the only star I'd agree but Klay isn't leaving golden state for a lottery team.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:32 pm

easily, how are you even questioning this. Elite two-way player.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:20 pm

GSW should pay Klay everything he wants. He’s the sole reason they are where they are.

The performance against OKC in game 6 is the definitive GSW performance of all time.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:22 pm

When you're that good there's never one sole reason tbh.

I agree they should pay him though and i think they will.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next