Mamad
Valkyrja
M99
farfan
huntsman
54 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Spurs Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Spurs Edition

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 20 Nov 2019, 09:54

Can't see this lasting a summer where Levi tells him they need to make a net profit on transfers, but I suppose he's a good enough caretaker manager until then.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Spurs Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Spurs Edition

Post by halamadrid2 Wed 20 Nov 2019, 09:55

He is desperate

In his hey days he wouldn't even have entertained the idea. Now he joins the team that's inferior to Arsenal the team he liked to shit on. Oh the irony Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed 20 Nov 2019, 10:10

halamadrid2 wrote:He is desperate

In his hey days he wouldn't even have entertained the idea. Now he joins the team that's inferior to Arsenal the team he liked to shit on. Oh the irony Laughing

Really? Finished above Arsenal for the last three seasons and now they sacked their manager for getting 3 points less than Arsenal out of the first 12 games hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 20 Nov 2019, 10:20

Wow. What a blunder by Levy.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed 20 Nov 2019, 11:54

Hapless_Hans wrote:Wow. What a blunder by Levy.

Absolutely.

I do agree with Perucho that this is an opportunity for Mou. This is what he needs to revive his career if it's going to happen. But it won't.

Massive mistake.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed 20 Nov 2019, 12:10

He finished 2nd with over 80 points with the current Manchester United team and won them some trophies. He is nowhere near as finished as people say. Falling out with everyone after 3 seasons is another story but Poch isn't exactly Ferguson either when it comes to long-term coaching, is he?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed 20 Nov 2019, 12:26

Tottenham :bow:

Gonna be great, a new low for Mou but a new high for spurs
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed 20 Nov 2019, 12:32

Why didn't they sack him at beginning of the NT break @CBarca??? Two weeks wasted IMO.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed 20 Nov 2019, 13:53

I'm just waiting for the inevitable bloodbath whn Levy does not give Mourinho the funds he wants.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 20 Nov 2019, 14:14

zigra wrote:

Really? Finished above Arsenal for the last three seasons and now they sacked their manager for getting 3 points less than Arsenal out of the first 12 games hmm

they'll always be inferior, a few seasons' log standings doesn't change that
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed 20 Nov 2019, 14:50

Fully predict Jose will be a resounding success in Spurs.

Poch is a very respectable manager who builds for the long term and built the best Spurs ever, if we are honest but let it be known there is no comparison to him and Mourinho who is a winner whilst the ex-Spurs coach has won nothing of note bar impressive results.

Reason behind my thinking is due to the fact like I speak of Wenger, the sabbatical that Jose took I surmise will have done much for him to gain recovery of an ageing man and a platform of perspective of the game and hopefully to redevelop his footballing acumen as a manager.

Yes he is not the same and most definitely peaked somewhere around Inter of 2010 and Real Madrid of 2012 but we know Mourinho was very calculative in selecting his next move. Man United? We all know that was a dream of his whilst Spurs he will have just enough of the time to work in without the pressure of his three last clubs, along with the fact that he can instil his old underdog siege mentality within a club of Spurs size.

Yes, it is a crucial era for Spurs given their leaped expectations and an astoundingly well built structure that is their new stadium but I would assure Spurs fans here (by that I mean CSpurs) that the football will not be fun to watch (unless we count his Chelsea of 2013) but he will actually win something of note to a club which remains without any substantial gold in their cabinet.

Will be interesting to watch and see how he has evolved and hopefully regained energy to be the youthful manager he was rather than the tired man he became in the latter part of this decade.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed 20 Nov 2019, 14:53

Bayern job or other wouldve been to big for Mourinho. Spurs will help him ease back into the game. A good move for both I think.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed 20 Nov 2019, 14:57

Indeed Myestats as it really is the perfect move for José,that one can think of.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 20 Nov 2019, 15:26

I'm just here for the CBarca turn around
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 20 Nov 2019, 15:49

So let's think about what Mou brings to the table:
-Defensive structure: something lacking this year for Spurs, a positive.
-Big game mentality: arguably something missing from Poch, or at least not to the extent that Mou does, a positive
-Media attention and drama: only positive if used to shield criticism from players, but we've seen Mou turn on his players publicly lately
-Lineups that value experience over young talent: definitely a negative, Mou will almost for sure leave the Spurs team worse than he found it and won't be able to fully develop Lo Celso, Dele and Ndombele.
-Mixed track record with young CBs. Could either completely ignore Foyth and Davinson Sanchez and stump their career or make their career.
-Has always worked with and demanded large singings. This will definitely be a point of contension with Levi, especially as it looks more likely that a squad renewal is necessary. As discussed before he also tends to bring in experienced players, which would be a bad move for a club already in need of a renewal.
-Could possibly convince Eriksen to start playing football again
-Huge Champions League experience

Overall I'm not sure Mou is a net positive for Spurs, but he could provide the necessary change for them to bounce back and play to their potential in the short term at least.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 20 Nov 2019, 16:01

-Media attention and drama: only positive if used to shield criticism from players, but we've seen Mou turn on his players publicly lately

aye mate, it is almost certain he'll throw one or two players under the bus - that is not even debatable rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed 20 Nov 2019, 18:00

They really paying him 17 million a year?
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed 20 Nov 2019, 20:02

El Gunner wrote:
zigra wrote:

they'll always be inferior, a few seasons' log standings doesn't change that

Yet they managed to bring in a world class manager whereas Arsenal is coached by Emery :coffee:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 20 Nov 2019, 20:12

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Can't see this lasting a summer where Levi tells him they need to make a net profit on transfers, but I suppose he's a good enough caretaker manager until then.

How does this appointment make you feel as a spurs wellwisher and a barca fan who hated Jose hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 20 Nov 2019, 20:23

Personally think Mourinho would be fantastic at Spurs. He isn't finished as many says he is. There is obvious concerns over the budget and Levi backing him or not but Jose would never accept the job unless he was promised something.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 20 Nov 2019, 20:40

RealGunner wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Can't see this lasting a summer where Levi tells him they need to make a net profit on transfers, but I suppose he's a good enough caretaker manager until then.

How does this appointment make you feel as a spurs wellwisher and a barca fan who hated Jose hmm

Liken it to dating someone who you know to be a complete psycho but is a great lay. You know it will end in fire with your life in complete shambles but hope you can at least have some fun along the way.

Absolutely the wrong call for what it's worth, I'm in the CBarca boat.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed 20 Nov 2019, 21:19

Feels so weird seeing him in Spurs' colors.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed 20 Nov 2019, 22:43

The expectations arent high, if he wins at least 1 mickeymouse cup in 2 years, he'll go down in the history books

I'd be delighted as a Spurs fan, contrary to popular belief i think Mourinho is great. He won 3 trophies and finished 2nd in the leauge with a garbage Utd team.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed 20 Nov 2019, 23:31

Now, that I've had a little time to absorb it, and knowing his egocentric nature, I think he took the Spurs job because he wants to turn them into title contenders and then bask in what would-be an unprecedented and groundbreaking accomplishment of delivering them their first major trophy in god knows how long.

I don't think he took the job to win some mikey mouse trophy. He's genuinely looking to take home some gold.

I bet he's already picturing his statue at the gate of White Hart Lane.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 20 Nov 2019, 23:38

RIP Ndombele, Eriksen, Lucas Moura, etc.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 21 Nov 2019, 02:51

Mr Nick09 wrote:I'm just here for the CBarca turn around

I will never respect Jose.

If he does great with Spurs I'll admit that he's not finished yet. But I do not support this, do not support the club in this, and am, as said before, heavily disappointed with the series of decisions that were made to get to this point.

If he does great, I will also admit that the club perhaps made a good decision. However, I think they will forever be tainted in this process, because ultimately Levy and co. deserve a lot of the blame for the performance of the team, and as such, Poch deserved more leeway. He should have been more supported earlier and this never happens.

But since this is where we are, if he does well I can only give props to Jose and Levy for their work.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next