Kaladin
Varnagel
rincon
Harmonica
BarcaLearning
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who is Real Madrid's best player? Empty Who is Real Madrid's best player?

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:54 am

I think most would agree Benzema this season, but what about longer term say for the past decade? Or under Zidane's years? Would it be CR? Modric? Ramos? Kroos? Casemiro?

I know some probably have had ups and downs in form, and importance, but personally I really think its Casemiro, he really was the one that cemented the trend that Real improved their midfield to be better than ours after we have dominated it for so many years. Hes kept improving, becoming an allrounder. As much as I dont like him as a person I gotta appreciate what hes done.

Just mentioning its lucky Real let Navas go, think he would have made Real even stronger Razz

So who do u think and why?

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Who is Real Madrid's best player? Empty Re: Who is Real Madrid's best player?

Post by Harmonica Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:55 am

Gil Manzano
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:32 am

Ronaldo until he left, then Modric or Ramos, now Benzema
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:32 am

rincon wrote:Ronaldo until he left, then Modric or Ramos, now Benzema

Modric and Ramos were shit in 2018-19 season. Only Benzema and (briefly) Vinicius were solid.

Benzema was always Real Madrid's best player since Cristiano's departure. He scores around 30 goals a season and is the engine of their offense. Without him, it almost looks completely non-existent.

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:02 pm

It was always Benz
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:38 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:48 pm

greatest Habibi to ever play the game
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:54 pm

A collection of players. You can't point one out as being the best

Ramos, Casemiro, Kroos, Modric, Benz, Tibu. Alot of players have been superb. If I were to choose one I'd choose Casemiro. That guy is an absolute beast, defends, atacks, and scores absolute crucial goals
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:00 pm

yea Casemiro has been pretty vital to that team too. He was their best player the season after Ronaldo left.

haven't been in the Madrid section for a while, but am i seeing it right Hala, are Madrid fans finally giving Thibo his flowers???
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 pm

is this even a question? one guy has 20 plus goals, the next person after him doesnt even have 9. benzema's goals are carrying the team, so yeah he's the best player. joint second are casemiro and kroos. most of our headed goals come from the 8 million crosses we attempt come from kroos....every other player have had their moments in bits and pieces but not as consistent as those 3 mentioned

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:34 pm

Conetois actually has been one of our best performing players but yeah, Big Benz is our best player. Without him, our attack is, well, more shit than our regular nonsense.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:29 pm

Are we all for real here? When Ronaldo was here Benz was your worst player and trash according to many Real fans even Very Happy How times change. Anyway, just surprised, or its just typical GL yet again Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:37 pm

@EL_Gunner

Correct, alot of us have been proven wrong about Tibu, he's been magnificent for 2 seasons now. I think we all appreciate him now
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:49 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Are we all for real here? When Ronaldo was here Benz was your worst player and trash according to many Real fans even Very Happy How times change. Anyway, just surprised, or its just typical GL yet again Very Happy

you do know two things can be true right? courtois is playing well now, doesnt mean he wasnt playing like trash when he first came. if hazard starts notching up goals and assists left right and center, it doesnt make anyone wrong for saying he's been a flop the last 2 years.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:36 am

Thats fair enough, its just often the comments on some players are so extreme according to their form and performances. Just like how everyone is saying Griezmann is trash atm Razz I still hope he can prove ppl wrong.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:56 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Thats fair enough, its just often the comments on some players are so extreme according to their form and performances. Just like how everyone is saying Griezmann is trash atm Razz I still hope he can prove ppl wrong.

its always about middle grounds. anyone who says griezman is playing well and its this person or that person's fault (whilst excluding griezmann's own role in this) is the definition of a cheerleader. if a player is playing like trash or not living up to expectations, there's absolutely nothing wrong in calling them out...its not personal

now if griezmann starts playing well, and because people dont like him, they start blasting him saying he's trash, then said person is just a troll. and its hard to take trolls or cheerleaders seriously, even in media

its a 'what have u done for me lately industry' and fans, analysts, can only go by the player's performance at present....sometimes u allow for benefit of doubt; but even that is very short term. griezmann has talent, but he's been awful for two years....lol what else would u expect people to say?
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:10 pm

Benzema by a distance for me.

Obviously Ramos is important, but more as a presence than a performer at this point.

Casemiro is important because they have nothing remotely similar in the squad. Still has those flaws which you need to work around but they have the players to compensate.

Kroos is important for the passing range and choice. Give him any time and he kill you.

But really, Benz is the guy. He makes everything work in the attack. He doesnt need to score to have such a huge impact.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:36 pm

All them praises for Benz Proud my boi Chad must be wiping his tears of joy reading this from his parents basement. Molenation

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:05 pm

Benzema by a country mile.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:06 pm

Lucifer wrote:All them praises for Benz Proud my boi Chad must be wiping his tears of joy reading this from his parents basement. Molenation

Why you had to do Chad like that Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:15 pm

The Franchise wrote:Benzema by a distance for me.

Obviously Ramos is important, but more as a presence than a performer at this point.

Casemiro is important because they have nothing remotely similar in the squad. Still has those flaws which you need to work around but they have the players to compensate.

Kroos is important for the passing range and choice. Give him any time and he kill you.

But really, Benz is the guy. He makes everything work in the attack. He doesnt need to score to have such a huge impact.

Have you watched Kroos outside of the Champions League over the past couple of seasons? I don't want to throw shade on him. I do think he's perhaps been a bit unfairly criticized by many for some time now, but I think the criticism has been very fair in terms of his lack of risk-taking.

That one match against Man City seems to have enabled the knee-jerk of all knee-jerks in regard to how people view his passing range, in particular. Kroos certainly has his strengths, but he's had all of the time in the world on multiple occasions, and has traditionally opted to keep possession of the ball rather than attempt anything spectacular. Then again, I haven't watched Real Madrid much this season. He may have gone through a complete transformation for all I know, but somehow I doubt that.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:08 pm

You realise im a Barca fan right? i watch you very often.

You are a bit too harsh imo. His importance is very clear, he enabled you do to so many things tactically. You cant think he is purposefully not playing risk taking balls? They simply arent quite as obvious as fans seem to think. Heard this same talk about Xavi for years.

But putting this aside, from a tactical point of view you obviously need Kroos. Casemiro, the ball winner he is, isnt capable of building deep plays. Therefore, in the build up Kroos dropping in the back allows Casemiro to venture forward. Without someone like Kroos, every weak aspect of Casemiro's game has would be so obvious.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:11 pm

I don't think I'm harsh at all. You referred specifically to his passing range. He's shown glimpses of high quality passing throughout his career, but it's not a quality that he puts on display on any regular basis - it's what he's been most frequently criticized for by fans, in general. Whether or not he's purposely opting to play it safe isn't relevant when you refer to passing range as one of his key strengths hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:16 pm

Kroos struggles if teams pressure him with an athlete... he needs space. To me, Modric has been more important than Kroos or Casemiro if I'm concentrating on the midfield only... Modric is the only one that can break lines and create plays for the attacking players.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:23 pm

Yeah but the threat of his passing range is what allows the dynamic of Benzema coming short and Vini running behind to work.

As Benz comes short, the CB cannot go with him because to do so allows space for Vini to run behind and because Kroos has the ability to deliver the ball they back off. If you dont have someone with that range of passing, none if it works because the CB can follow Benz and not be as concerned by the ball over the top.

Sometimes fans see it another way, IDK. I dont think they realise that if that pass over the top is read by defence, it will never work. It may seem on from the screen, but its easy to miss how the defence or a defender has reacted to Kroos looking in that direction. If a CB see Kroos look up, a quality CB stops following Benz and hangs back waiting to collect the long ball. If Kroos sees the defender react like that, he cant play the pass.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next