farfan
BarrileteCosmico
BarcaLearning
RealGunner
Robespierre
31 posters

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Euro 2020 - SF : Spain - Italy - Page 2 Empty Re: Euro 2020 - SF : Spain - Italy

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:26 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Never liked Italy since they always played defensive boring football not to mention all the dirty fouls and play acting Razz But nowadays they've changed and improved a lot it seems, so normally I would support Spain, but since they are so far past it now with no players that I like anymore bar Alba and a bit Busquets Razz I think I wouldnt mind at all Italy go to the final.

Rooting for England though to win it Razz

Spain haven't been fun to watch since Euro 2008 imo.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Euro 2020 - SF : Spain - Italy - Page 2 Empty Re: Euro 2020 - SF : Spain - Italy

Post by El Gunner Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:44 pm

were they even before then?
Their dominance was good to observe though in a way with all the talented players they had, obviously helped that i bandwagoned on them because of Cesc, Iniesta and David Villa through that period.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:04 pm

Arquitecto wrote:This has to be the most consistent Euro tie that happens by a mile.

2008: Spain beat Italy on penalties.

2012: 1-1 draw in the group stage between Italy and Spain.

Spain go on to beat Prandelli's Italia 4-0 in the final

2016: Conte's Italia absolutely destroy Spain and convincingly 2-0

2021: Spain v Italy semi-final

Go back at least 10 years before 2008. It seems almost every WC, we met up with And got beaten by Italy.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:29 pm

I only watched Spain against Switzerland. Spain didn't create anything of note and had 0 punch upfront. Reminded me of Barca at its worst, even against 10 men Switzerland. Defense crumbled under slightest bit of pressure. The Swiss goal, utter joke from the Spanish centerbacks.

There is no chance Spain score from open play against Italy IMO. If Italy aren't scared because of the name and sit back I would expect this Spain to concede 4 without response.

I'm just concluding this from the Switzerland game though, haven't watched Spain in ages.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:51 pm

Spain are good if they switch it on, mind you they have the highest win in the tournament so far (5-0) but I expect Italy, with their momentum, to breeze past.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:20 am

Such a well thought out exchange between Futbol & Myestats.

It wont be so easy for Italy though as Spain for once are the most unpredictable team within this tournament for one never knows how they will play.

We have overachieved. But we must win for Xana.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:31 am

Should be an easy game for Italy. I would not be surprised if they can keep it clean sheet. Neither Morata nor Moreno can scare the Italian defense. Own Goal is Sapin's top scorer so far. young players like pedri, Olmo and Torres, are doing good but won't be enough against such a stronger side. Also, they looked quite tired in the last game during the normal time. Playing extra time won't help the cause.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:54 am

Spain have no chance against Italy unless they start Thiago.
They're honestly a laughable team without him.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:38 am

even easy?

of course, for Italy, it's tough match but I mean it's normal, we ' re talking about an European semifinal ... you can't  expect to face Macedon  (with the due of respect ) at this point

Just big games, level is this, it's high, but Italy got it deservely

honestly I like these 2 semi-finals, 4 NT that deserved to be here

Italy's path has been impressive so far, I won't be"humble" on it", it's a fact, Italy even conceded just 2 goals and 1 of these was  on penalty
England just a wire behind us IMO
numbers WC 2006-esque

So we 're favorite on paper ( as German were vs Italy in 2012, but after...) , Spain had a much less linear path but it's always Spain

I expect  to see a balanced match
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:12 am

Italy have been playing like Euro 2008 Spain this tournament but if only they had a Fernando Torres at their disposal instead of that bidone, Immobile, it would've been a different story.

Still should be beating Spain but that's where it ends IMO
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:08 pm

Always a great match with Spain, it feels like we play in more than every other tournament.

Besides the ones mentioned above, also in recent youth tournaments.

U21 Euro 2019
Italy 3-1 Spain

Italy: Meret; Calabresi, Mancini, Bonifazi (Bastoni), Dimarco; Barella, Mandragora, Lo. Pellegrini; Zaniolo, Kean, Chiesa

Spain: Unai Simon; Caricol, Mere, Vallejo, Aguirregabiria; Fabian, Zubeldia; Oyarzabal, Ceballos, Soler; Mayoral

Bolded players that are in the current senior squads, Pellegrini and Zaniolo would be there as well but for injury. A brace from Chiesa including a fantastic goal and yet another top performance form Ceballos in youth football.

This year in the 2021 U21 Euros we met again to play a 0-0 but these players are not yet part of the senior team.

In 2016 Spain U21 beat Italy 3-1 with Ceballos and Saul starring. Chiesa, Bernardeschi, Locatelli, Donnarumma, Pellegrini getting started but ruined by the coach at the time.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:47 am

Cant predict this one with any confidence.

This is a game of match ups.

Italy have looked better than Spain so far, but Spain are a team who cant to control the game and Italy will be better against teams who dont look to do that, teams who allow them to have the ball.

Watching Spain closely, the defence isnt good at all, but they have more than enough ability to create chances and you cant imagine they will finish this poorly so consistently.

Also have to admit, outside of the box, Morata is doing a great job.

Spinazzola is a huge loss, but I got a very good impression from Emerson in that 3rd group game so I think they may be alright there.

Immobile to me is a bigger concern, he is playing far worse than even Morata is. They are doing everything in spite of him and he needs to get it in gear fast.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:54 am

45% - 55% prediction for the game. Italy has got a slight advantage but it isn't as big as people assume.Also Moratower is way more useful when not scoring than Immobile. Spinazzola was arguably the motor of Italy's attack on the left side. Emerson is a good defender but going forward.. He also barely played after returning from injury, 6 matches maybe.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:52 pm

Italy's chances are indeed exaggerated.

They beat Belgium and were the better team with the opposition scoring on only a questionable penalty but one must remark on something no one is really mentioning.

Italy historically and now play to the level of their opponent.

If anything they seem to be better against bigger teams then when its lesser ones since they dont do not take them as easily.

Ive been watching Enrique's plans and he is clearly trying something different for Italy in a more wide-attacking and counter-pressing style not present in Enrique's team this tourney.

Definitely not the threat as Belgium as outside Unai Simon and Azpilicueta I am struggling to name players Im proud of, from the team.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:05 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Italy's chances are indeed exaggerated.

They beat Belgium and were the better team with the opposition scoring on only a questionable penalty but one must remark on something no one is really mentioning.

Italy historically and now play to the level of their opponent.

If anything they seem to be better against bigger teams then when its lesser ones since they dont do not take them as easily.

Ive been watching Enrique's plans and he is clearly trying something different for Italy in a more wide-attacking and counter-pressing style not present in Enrique's team this tourney.

Definitely not the threat as Belgium as outside Unai Simon and Azpilicueta I am struggling to name players Im proud of, from the team.

Typical Basque statements! I have been following your analysis throughout this tournament and I think you would be best to look at some of your pregame statements vs what you say afterwards. I hope you aren’t making any bets on your pregame statements as you no doubt would be losing.

While I also hope España will make this Italy game interesting, I offer no prediction, only hope. I do think this Spanish team has had unjust criticism throughout this tournament, not only by you but it seems most GL posters. The one valid criticism has been the lack of finishing, but in the last game for instance that problem was exasperated by Sommer. He was just unbelievable. The other criticism has been the possession game. I do feel that Enrique is adapting, as you have mentioned, with the wingers extended on the sidelines and at times being more direct. However I feel the real criticism is the passes and shots are too slow. Unlike their older predecessors, these kids seem to wait until they have the ball before making the decision as to were to pass or shoot. If they can improve this, then they can have a chance for victory.

The other comment I will make re your analysis, is I firmly believe the Winner of this game will be the Euro champ. I actually look forward to the Danes showing the English the exit door.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:35 pm

fully behind Italy on this one.

I don't want Spain to pull ahead with a 4th Euro win. pale
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:40 pm

Of course I doubted España before who didn't this is a generally average squad of players we have.

Make no mistake I love Enrique and always support him anywhere we go but wins aside I am looking at the performances and performances alone and they simply have not been good. We just don't look impressive nor dominating teams.

My cynicism may be a bit overboard but it comes with a reason as in truth im finding it hard to go from the team we had, to this. Call me slow.

Enrique has brought the best out of this squad as I've always said he is underrated. We have over achieved but believe it or not now the media is under rating our team.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:44 pm

maybe it was not a bad idea to have a slow start for Spain. they would have probably conserved all that energy and use it when it matters ... as long as they win thats all it counts for them.

again going back at history.... i always didnt enjoy seeing italy play spain because SPain somehow throw italy off balance with their too reliant possession football

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:40 pm

We also have the factor that extra-time was also played against Switzerland so if Italia, whom are more skilled and with possession hold the ball more it'll be at cost to what is now a fatigued Spain.

I see Mancini going with the same line-up and Enrique going for a more physical midfield. Laporte wont start nor will Sarabia, sadly.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:23 am

I stand by my statement that Spain was the most boringest fucking team until they scored 10 goals in two games...then went right back to being the boringest fucking team.

That being said, can't help but be a bit happy for them kinda going against most folks expectations of them. Italy as well. Don't think anyone (outside of Italia fans) thought they would have made the semis.

Anyway, torn between Robes/Rincon suffering or Old man Bill suffering.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:51 pm

Just realized we ' re the anti -Monarchic bastion in this cup
1 Republic, and 3 Kindgoms
We must get it desperately.
For Nenni.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:55 pm

farfan wrote:fully behind Italy on this one.

I don't want Spain to pull ahead with a 4th Euro win. pale

Imo it's incredible to think Italy have only 1 Europeo and Italy must even thank the  coin toss  on semifnal '68 against USSR
4 WC but just 1 Euro
Real Achilles heel , we should change this thing now

Last edited by Robespierre on Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:57 pm

esp: Unai Simon; Azpilicueta, Laporte, Garcia, Alba; Koke, Busquets, Pedri; Olmo, Torres, Oyarzabal.

ita: Donnarumma; Di Lorenzo, Bonucci, Chiellini, Emerson; Jorginho, Barella, Verratti; Chiesa, Immobile, Insigne.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:40 pm

hope Spain nick it, sorry Robes

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:49 pm

Firenze wrote:hope Spain nick it, sorry Robes

Why potentially a better finalist for England ?
Yes, if I was English I' d have made same , on paper this Italy looks like more dangerous
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:56 pm

Spain line up honestly not bad. its a good match for Italia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next