EarlyPrototype
Jack Daniels
Babun
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

I'm back! - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm back!

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:38 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:benzema's laid back attitude sometimes makes it appear as if he isnt suited to be a CF, and would be better in a withdrawn role. He doesnt look hungry enough to go at defenders and try to rape them.

it's the one thing that will make him lose in competition to higuain. From a coach perspective, he needs to show desire and fire, and if he has to compete against guys like HIguain or even Cavani, falcao or suarez, those guys who starving for goals and look like hungry dogs when they play, he will get pwn'd.

he needs a place he is trusted regardless of the circumtances imo.

meh u guys confuse me... u talkin cf or u talkin striker? cf is more ss. imo benz is actually playing his natural position to near perfection, he is a cf not a st.

sadly this is a weakness. he needs to have the approach of a st to succeed in our current tactics and formation. too much time playing creative cf than lethal cf... cf shud be balancing between playmaker and striker and atm benz is focusing on playmaking part too much.

@nick. the more i look at ur sig... u did that urself? thats pure genius...

Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:42 pm

well, benzema is playing the way he knows how to. It can be successful, and he can score goals while having good all around performances, but when it comes to competition with Higuain, only goals will matter.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:44 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:benzema's laid back attitude sometimes makes it appear as if he isnt suited to be a CF, and would be better in a withdrawn role. He doesnt look hungry enough to go at defenders and try to rape them.

it's the one thing that will make him lose in competition to higuain. From a coach perspective, he needs to show desire and fire, and if he has to compete against guys like HIguain or even Cavani, falcao or suarez, those guys who starving for goals and look like hungry dogs when they play, he will get pwn'd.

meh u guys confuse me... u talkin cf or u talkin striker? cf is more ss. imo benz is actually playing his natural position to near perfection, he is a cf not a st.

sadly this is a weakness. he needs to have the approach of a st to succeed in our current tactics and formation. too much time playing creative cf than lethal cf... cf shud be balancing between playmaker and striker and atm benz is focusing on playmaking part too much.

cf= centre forward, st= striker. Striker could mean anything, centre forward means, he is the one the shoulder of the last defender and has to score somehow.If you play withdrawn forward who drops deep in midfield then you call it false 9. If your forward comes from the wings then inside forward.
Benz does something that is good for losing markers, he exchanges his position with CR7 and Ozil often, the problem is most of the time he should occupy defenders, he doesn't like it, he wants to be involved= big problem in the system because others have too many markers then Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:47 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:well, benzema is playing the way he knows how to. It can be successful, and he can score goals while having good all around performances, but when it comes to competition with Higuain, only goals will matter.

indeed. i hope benzema changes this attitude. Higuain will bench him again if he doesnt. only way higuain wudnt start ahead of the current benz is if he starts sucking bad. the likely of that happening is 0% only due to his positioning skills. Positioning>Finishing.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:50 pm

benzema has no luck, higuain came back fast and altho he isnt 100% he looks mighty impressive bar his finishing that is bound to improve anyway. he is in a world of troubles imo, even signing a quality 3rd CF is a threat to him... mourinho wont have much patience for him.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:51 pm

babun1024 wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

cf= centre forward, st= striker. Striker could mean anything, centre forward means, he is the one the shoulder of the last defender and has to score somehow.If you play withdrawn forward who drops deep in midfield then you call it false 9. If your forward comes from the wings then inside forward.
Benz does something that is good for losing markers, he exchanges his position with CR7 and Ozil often, the problem is most of the time he should occupy defenders, he doesn't like it, he wants to be involved= big problem in the system because others have too many markers then Very Happy

Nailed it. dude likes to create. and benz does not take kindly to being ignored at all. this is why he makes less and less runs as time goes by if being kept ignored (final pass). he gets involved to get the ball since he wasnt getting it previously. its a problem though atst its not...
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:52 pm

well u guys cant say im overreacting to benz performances in preseason. im damn worried. i dont mind the assists but he shud be scoring to remove all doubt and he isnt. why hasnt mou called him out on it? troubles me to no end.

only good notes this preseason is Varane. I dont remember how much we paid for him but if he keeps this up to december, steal of the summer without question. :coffee:
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:57 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

Nailed it. dude likes to create. and benz does not take kindly to being ignored at all. this is why he makes less and less runs as time goes by if being kept ignored (final pass). he gets involved to get the ball since he wasnt getting it previously. its a problem though atst its not...
I disagree on the runs part. From what I've seen Alonso and Ozil always notice his runs whenever he gets free. It's not their fault for ignoring him, they only pick people who are free of markers= quality of his runs aren't up to standard Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:59 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:well u guys cant say im overreacting to benz performances in preseason. im damn worried. i dont mind the assists but he shud be scoring to remove all doubt and he isnt. why hasnt mou called him out on it? troubles me to no end.

only good notes this preseason is Varane. I dont remember how much we paid for him but if he keeps this up to december, steal of the summer without question. :coffee:

10 million. When it happened, his coach at Lens said the following:

"10 million for a player like him? But it is a gift to Madrid! We'll talk about it in four or five years, but for me, Varane is the level of Desailly. Again, he is an absolute prodigy. "

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:51 pm

babun1024 wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

I disagree on the runs part. From what I've seen Alonso and Ozil always notice his runs whenever he gets free. It's not their fault for ignoring him, they only pick people who are free of markers= quality of his runs aren't up to standard Very Happy

alonso and ozil arent creative enough. a great pass can make a bad run look genius. though yeah now benz is making no runs if any Mad

lololol 10 miliion huh... Zizou is wise. lets hope this is just the beginning for Varane. i remain sceptical as this is still preseason.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:57 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:
alonso and ozil arent creative enough. a great pass can make a bad run look genius. though yeah now benz is making no runs if any Mad

lololol 10 miliion huh... Zizou is wise. lets hope this is just the beginning for Varane. i remain sceptical as this is still preseason.

What the f....?

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:03 am

Crimson wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

What the f....?

want me to bold and underline for u? they arent creative enough.
Guti on a decent day wud put both to shame. the time of old certainly has passed. chance creation isnt was it used to be... Benz dont even need to lose his marker to score. ozil and alonso shud already know that. Same with Higuain. But they dont make that pass nonetheless, not creative enough.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:09 am

we need to stop using incompetent players like guti for comparison against people who in a single season have achieved more than him in his whole career. In a good day? in a good day balotelli is the best talent in the world; in a good day Cassano is more creative than ronaldinho; in a good day robinho puts messi to shame.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:13 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:
Crimson wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

What the f....?

want me to bold and underline for u? they arent creative enough.
Guti on a decent day wud put both to shame. the time of old certainly has passed. chance creation isnt was it used to be... Benz dont even need to lose his marker to score. ozil and alonso shud already know that. Same with Higuain. But they dont make that pass nonetheless, not creative enough.

Uhhh......

Ozil created 165 scoring chances last season, the most in Europe. He created 112 in La Liga, the most in the league. Lets not forget his 25 assists in all competitions as well.

If that's not creative what is?

To put it in perspective Xavi and Iniesta COMBINED for 118 created chances in La Liga last season, Ozil himself had 112 ffs

Now onto Xabi Alonso for a deep lying playmaker/defensive midfielder he still managed to create 80 scoring chances in all competitions. Name another player in his position who creates as much?

I seriously never would of thought Madrid fans to be so stupid seriously.

Ozil broke Figo's assist record for Madrid ffs. Guti? Are you serious? Ozil has done more in his fiorst season at Madrid than Guti ever did in any of his seasons here in terms of creativity, assists and goal scoring chances.

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:18 am

staying out of this one lool.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:55 pm

How did the thread degenerate into a majour fight? Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:56 pm

fatzema...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:56 pm

deezydeez wrote:staying out of this one lool.
Hey, you're still there, the most devoted VDV fan Very Happy
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:fatzema...
Nick, am I imagining or I have no rating? Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:00 pm

Saying Ozil is not creative is a bit foolish... and i'm being kind.

Three things he should improve on: 1) stamina, 2) knowing how to track back and play good defense and 3) toughness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Turok may have gotten his fellow Madrid fans a bit uneasy with that comment. Alonso one can make a claim to be not creative enough (although I terribly disagree) but Ozil you really have no case.

Not even saying "Not creative enough" would help you out. But we all have radical opinions. Mine is Benzema is a goat. Hmm, maybe someone should make a thread about radical opinions...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:49 pm

hahahahahhaahhahahahahahahhahaha... not creative enough... i dont think ill ever hear that again in my lifetime
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:34 pm

Ive seen better creative players than ozil. he is certainly talented but still aint up to scratch yet... do not overrate our own players now. thing about consistent players vs inconsistent is that consistent players will usually never step up their game a notch due to being consistent at a certain level and stays that way. inconsistent folk however are not restricted by this due to their own inconsistency. at times the level of quality will drop, other times the quality will rise, other times will explode. Guti may be inconsistent but his quality can never be put into question.

ive seen better playmakers years ago. comparing the playmakers of old or say early 2000 vs today and i find today to be very lacking.

i say this as i watch our preseason. ozil had plenty of potential passes that he did not make. perhaps it is his vision that is lackign rather than creativity? has me a bit concerned but he is better than kaka so ive no qualms. just leaves me wanting though...
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:36 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:Ive seen better creative players than ozil. he is certainly talented but still aint up to scratch yet... do not overrate our own players now. thing about consistent players vs inconsistent is that consistent players will usually never step up their game a notch due to being consistent at a certain level and stays that way. inconsistent folk however are not restricted by this due to their own inconsistency. at times the level of quality will drop, other times the quality will rise, other times will explode. Guti may be inconsistent but his quality can never be put into question.

ive seen better playmakers years ago. comparing the playmakers of old or say early 2000 vs today and i find today to be very lacking.

i say this as i watch our preseason. ozil had plenty of potential passes that he did not make. perhaps it is his vision that is lackign rather than creativity? has me a bit concerned but he is better than kaka so ive no qualms. just leaves me wanting though...

Crimson wrote:

Uhhh......

Ozil created 165 scoring chances last season, the most in Europe. He created 112 in La Liga, the most in the league. Lets not forget his 25 assists in all competitions as well.

To put it in perspective Xavi and Iniesta COMBINED for 118 created chances in La Liga last season, Ozil himself had 112 ffs

Now onto Xabi Alonso for a deep lying playmaker/defensive midfielder he still managed to create 80 scoring chances in all competitions. Name another player in his position who creates as much?

Ozil broke Figo's assist record for Madrid ffs. Guti? Are you serious? Ozil has done more in his fiorst season at Madrid than Guti ever did in any of his seasons here in terms of creativity, assists and goal scoring chances.

What's so hard to understand? Seriously? Creativity AND vision are his strongest perks.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:49 pm

omarish wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:Ive seen better creative players than ozil. he is certainly talented but still aint up to scratch yet... do not overrate our own players now. thing about consistent players vs inconsistent is that consistent players will usually never step up their game a notch due to being consistent at a certain level and stays that way. inconsistent folk however are not restricted by this due to their own inconsistency. at times the level of quality will drop, other times the quality will rise, other times will explode. Guti may be inconsistent but his quality can never be put into question.

Crimson wrote:

Uhhh......

What's so hard to understand? Seriously? Creativity AND vision are his strongest perks.

stats are stats but they never tell the full story. i just feel ozil cud be better this preseason. srsly, even with our piss poor mentality, had ozil been more aware on the field and more creative, 4-1 wu have been the result against PU not 2-1. i always see missed opportunities but meh... playmakers nowadays do the passing when they see a chance. no longer is it "if there is no chance, create one".
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:54 pm

so you judge ozil based on the preseason? scratch

creating a pass? there isnt such a thing, you need a player making a run, and a player spotting the run and passing the ball. when people actually refer to "creating" a pass, it means that in a maze of player, or against a very tight defense, they would spot the run and deliver the perfect pass.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:56 pm

Turok just keeps on digging that hole deeper.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: