Which of these teams have the most fans world wide?

+25
paperbackwriter
BeautifulGame
awalezelin
Zealous
Abramovich
Blue
Sushi Master
Doc
shaven
SaintJoe
RedAndWhiteArmy
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Albiceleste
Ganso
free_cat
Sir Psycho
zizzle
RED
white_star
Raptorgunner
wigglesworth
S32TABLANCA
Lord Awesome
cyberman
emassy
29 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Which of these teams have the most fans world wide?

Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Vote_lcap32%Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 15 ]
Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 5 ]
Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Vote_lcap28%Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 13 ]
Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Vote_lcap17%Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 47

Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Empty Re: Which of these teams have the most fans world wide?

Post by cyberman Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:13 pm

shirt sales lol

2 years ago, chelsea and liverpool outsold madrid shirts ffs

Its Utd, its accepted as such and no straw clutching will make it otherwise

unlucky madrid, theres a reason your 2 biggest galaticos were signed from us, you want a piece of the Utd magic

Real have Kaka, Higuain, Di Maria...even CR7 yet reportedly are looking at Hernandez to seal the South American market

Funny thing is, Madrid try so hard to be what Utd are seemingly effortless at, our youth players, 18yo raw portugeezer and 8m mexican punt become bigger than madrids mammoth signings and long term business plans

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Which of these teams have the most fans world wide? - Page 3 Empty Re: Which of these teams have the most fans world wide?

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:16 pm

Cyber's Madrid obsession still going strong.

Fight the good fight bro.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:20 pm

Just addressing the thread..

Utd picked to play the MLS Allstars with Madrid and Barca all in the States at the time....

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:22 pm

cyberman wrote:shirt sales lol

unlucky madrid, theres a reason your 2 biggest galaticos were signed from us, you want a piece of the Utd magic

Real have Kaka, Higuain, Di Maria...even CR7 yet reportedly are looking at Hernandez to seal the South American market

Funny thing is, Madrid try so hard to be what Utd are seemingly effortless at, our youth players, 18yo raw portugeezer and 8m mexican punt become bigger than madrids mammoth signings and long term business plans

We have already out sold you when it comes to merchandise for the past few seasons. So why are we worried or trying to copy you again?

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:25 pm

UTD and Arsenal are both very popular in the US, but the US is a very small footballing country. Most of the population follows american football, basketball and baseball.

South America has a larger population than the US and nearly everyone follows football.

Big difference.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:31 pm

We lol your a fan not an executive or player that had anything to do with the sales? lol
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:33 pm

no boca juniors & stoke city????
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:22 am

Not sure about other countries but in India its United who have the massive following followed by Liverpool and Arsenal and Chelsea next.But United will probably outnumber followers of all 3 mentioned teams.Most United fans here are bandwagners so will always be changing teams with Barca now being the flavor of the month.

Barca are going considerably in the last 3 years and Madrid following is K.But followers of Seria A is negligible if not non existent from my experience.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:47 am

Still quoting that doubtful article about Adidas shirt sales I see. How long can you live of a quote from an unnamed "official source" mainly publicized at Tribalfootball and the likes?

How about a Harvard study in 2007 saying that Real Madrid is by far the most supported football brand in the world? How about Harvard Business School (one of the best in the world) having Real Madrid as standing study case for successful marketing and brand management. Ranking Real Madrid as one of the top 20 brands in the world (not only sports...).

And we're far and beyond the most supported club in Mexico, I doubt you've ever been there if you'd think Man Utd could even compete. Hernandez or not.

And if you're buisness plan was so successful, you wouldn't make a loss each year. While Real Madrid have a way higher budget for signings each year, while still making a profit and reducing debt.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:12 am

I don't know why you Madrid fans care so much that your club is the most supported in the world. It's a bit silly IMO. They don't hand you a cup for being the most supported club, you know?

If you are the most supported club: good for you. It shows how bandwagoner people is that when they start to follow a sport they just go for the team with the most (stolen) titles and big names stars.

I don't really mind if Barça has 50 milion more or less fans in China or USA. I respect fans from everywhere in the world, but a bigger number doesn't make my club necessarily better at anything.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:37 am

Hernandez? Javier Hernandez? If its him what has he got to do with south america seeing as he is from mexico i.e north america..

the only reason that man utd got so popular in mexico now is because of hernandez. Before that barcelona were the most popular, or atleast it was the european club who sold the most shirt(thanks to marquez).

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:40 am

Sir_Psycho_Sexy91 wrote:...waits for someone to mention Benfica...lol
waiting for moi?

theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:16 am

free_cat wrote:I don't know why you Madrid fans care so much that your club is the most supported in the world. It's a bit silly IMO. They don't hand you a cup for being the most supported club, you know?

If you are the most supported club: good for you. It shows how bandwagoner people is that when they start to follow a sport they just go for the team with the most (stolen) titles and big names stars.

I don't really mind if Barça has 50 milion more or less fans in China or USA. I respect fans from everywhere in the world, but a bigger number doesn't make my club necessarily better at anything.

From what I've read in this thread, Man Utd fans have been just as adamant about their club being the most supported as Madrid fans. But nice pun.

And lol at "stolen" trophies, considering what club you're supporting... Barcelona should still be at 1 CL victory if it wasn't for refs handing you games when it mattered in the last 3 "triumphs".
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:24 am

Hehe, that's completely false, it's been proven many times that referees went against at least as much as in our favour, but no need to discuss that as you will never acknoweledge it.

But when I talk about stolen trophies, I am obviously not talking about the odd bad referee decisions, but government interference in signings (Di Stefano), Government interference in club's rulling (Barça president's were appointed by Franco, Change of name and badge) and referee control under Plaza. All of these are known facts in Spain.

You are right that Man U fans (well, fan for this matter, as it's only cybermanb) also seem to care a lot about being the most supported club, which is weird, because they do have other (important) cups to be proud of won in the last years apart of the "most supported club" cup.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:27 am

free_cat wrote:Hehe, that's completely false, it's been proven many times that referees went against at least as much as in our favour, but no need to discuss that as you will never acknoweledge it.

But when I talk about stolen trophies, I am obviously not talking about the odd bad referee decisions, but government interference in signings (Di Stefano), Government interference in club's rulling (Barça president's were appointed by Franco, Change of name and badge) and referee control under Plaza. All of these are known facts in Spain Barcelona propaganda circles.

You are right that Man U fans (well, fan for this matter, as it's only cybermanb) also seem to care a lot about being the most supported club, which is weird, because they do have other (important) cups to be proud of won in the last years apart of the "most supported club" cup.

fixed

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:30 am

Yeah, yeah, so Franco Gov. didn't interfere in Di Stefano signing? (and others)? Very Happy

Barça president wasn't appointed by the Government? Very Happy

We didn't have our name and badge changed? Very Happy

The only one that it is not proven, and I conceed that, is that there was referee control under José Plaza, although there are witnesses (ex-referees who claimed to be under pressure) who claim that, but it's true that it is not completely proved.

Everything else I said it is.

And I'm not talking more about the matter as it is off topic.

Last edited by free_cat on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:31 am

free_cat wrote:Hehe, that's completely false, it's been proven many times that referees went against at least as much as in our favour, but no need to discuss that as you will never acknoweledge it.

But when I talk about stolen trophies, I am obviously not talking about the odd bad referee decisions, but government interference in signings (Di Stefano), Government interference in club's rulling (Barça president's were appointed by Franco, Change of name and badge) and referee control under Plaza. All of these are known facts in Spain.

Other known facts: Barcelona won almost the same amount of domestic titles during Francos rule as Real Madrid, the government aided Barcelona in the signing of Kubala on Real Madrids expense, Barcelona made a propaganda movie for Francos Spain. Francos government saved Barcelona from bankruptcy. Barcelona awarded Franco two gold medals for his contribution to the club, Madrid? None.

Real Madrid domestic trophies during Franco: 13 La Liga titles, 5 Copa del Rey. 18 in total.
Barcelona domestic trophies during Franco: 8 La Liga titles, 9 Copa Del Rey. 17 in total.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:32 am

Off course Barça gave a medal to Franco, the president of Barça was appointed for him, while Santiago Bernabeu was a freely appointed president. Same goes with the propaganda movie.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:34 am

The Barcelona village mentality about Franco must stop. I've never seen a bigger victim mentality than that from catalans. Out of all groups Franco suppressed, it was very much the least suppressed minority. The Basque and Andalusian doesn't cry half as much even though they were treated much harder.

Franco handled Barcelona with cotton gloves during his reign because of the economical importance of the region. Even though the language and culture was suppressed.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:36 am

free_cat wrote:Yeah, yeah, so Franco Gov. didn't interfere in Di Stefano signing? (and others)? Very Happy

Barça president wasn't appointed by the Government? Very Happy

We didn't have our name and badge changed? Very Happy

The only one that it is not proven, and I conceed that, is that there was referee control under José Plaza, although there are witnesses (ex-referees who claimed to be under pressure) who claim that, but it's true that it is not completely proved.

Everything else I said it is.

And I'm not talking more about the matter as it is off topic.

Yet you managed to sign 4 of your top 10 highest goalscorers in Barcelona history in the "Franco" era and one of the best players your club has ever seen in Kubala

Not to mention all the trophies you won in that period as well

Must of been terrible for the mighty FC Barcelona......

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:37 am

free_cat wrote:Off course Barça gave a medal to Franco, the president of Barça was appointed for him, while Santiago Bernabeu was a freely appointed president. Same goes with the propaganda movie.

"Freely appointed", LOL? Real Madrid was dead after the civil war, the stadium was bombed, the trophies were raided. There was nothing to appoint somebody for. There already was a Madrid team, Athletic Aviación de Madrid, Francos team. Bernabeu applied for government money to help rebuild the team. It was denied. So the club was rebuilt from scratch by Bernabeu with help of volunteers/fans.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:42 am

Franco didn't care for Real Madrid until they started to dominate the newly created European cup, then he jumped on the bandwagon since it was excellent marketing for his Spain.

The proof for Aviación de Madrid being Francos team are plenty. But the village mentality of Barcelona like to point fingers at Madrid being the favorites either way.

Nothing is mentioned about Athletic Aviación de Madrid having their best trophy haul in their history during Franco. Never. Misdirected hate at its finest.

Atl Madrid:

Winners (9): 1939–40, 1940–41, 1949–50, 1950–51, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1972–73, 1976–77, 1995–96, All but 2 titles during Francos reign.

paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:46 am

paperbackwriter wrote:Franco didn't care for Real Madrid until they started to dominate the newly created European cup, then he jumped on the bandwagon since it was excellent marketing for his Spain.

The proof for Aviación de Madrid being Francos team are plenty. But the village mentality of Barcelona like to point fingers at Madrid being the favorites either way.

Nothing is mentioned about Athletic Aviación de Madrid having their best trophy haul in their history during Franco. Never. Misdirected hate at its finest.

Atl Madrid:

Winners (9): 1939–40, 1940–41, 1949–50, 1950–51, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1972–73, 1976–77, 1995–96, All but 2 titles during Francos reign.

Thats because people like free_cat actually blindly believe the bs that is fed to them. If they bothered to educate themsleves they would find its all crap but they don't do that, because if they did all their precious excuses about Barcelona would come crumbling down.

Ignorance at it's best haha

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:00 am

paperbackwriter wrote:The Barcelona village mentality about Franco must stop. I've never seen a bigger victim mentality than that from catalans. Out of all groups Franco suppressed, it was very much the least suppressed minority. The Basque and Andalusian doesn't cry half as much even though they were treated much harder.

That is a complete lie and as a catalan is quite offensive. 300.000 catalans had to flee Catalonia and a lot were killed including our President, during the war and after the war. Something that didn't happen at all in the Basque Country that almost "surrendered" to the fascists just after they started the rebellion and they were treated much more gently.

The andalusian suffered a lot of cruelty during the war, such as the bombardments in Malaga, etc., but after the war the repression in Andalusia and Catalunya are not comparable at all.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:01 am

There is evidence that Franco and Real Madrid were associated with each other.

If Madrid fans blindly believe that Franco did not influence Madrid in any way, then they are being ignorant too!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:04 am

You are talking partial truths: it's a well known fact that Franco was more a fan of Atletico (although in reality he didn't care about football, but Atletico was the team of the army), that's why Atletico won so many league titles during the early Franquism and Autharchy era.

However, it is also well known that Franco changed his support to Real Madrid when the Aperturism and Technocracy stage of his dictatorship started (1954), because he wanted to use it as the team of Spain and international propaganda and Real Madrid had a bigger fanbase and had a better team at that moment.

Please, it's quite offensive that you try to teach me spanish history.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum