Would it be considered a fairytale or an extraordinary achievement if Man City went on and won Champions League on their rookie season?

+11
InterMalia
JuvenelCuore
Lex
Gil
kiranr
TalkingReckless
drakefyre
RealGunner
M99
Sushi Master
Josefaltafino
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Would it be considered a fairytale or an extraordinary achievement if Man City went on and won Champions League on their rookie season? Empty Would it be considered a fairytale or an extraordinary achievement if Man City went on and won Champions League on their rookie season?

Post by Josefaltafino Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:36 pm

...discuss...

Josefaltafino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Would it be considered a fairytale or an extraordinary achievement if Man City went on and won Champions League on their rookie season? Empty Re: Would it be considered a fairytale or an extraordinary achievement if Man City went on and won Champions League on their rookie season?

Post by Josefaltafino Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:38 pm

i personally think It wouldn't be like when Fulham reached the final of europa league or when schalke went to semifinals...city have pumped nearly 1 billion money to get in the cl groupstages...dats a lot of money to pay just to qualify for the groupstages...lol

Josefaltafino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Would it be considered a fairytale or an extraordinary achievement if Man City went on and won Champions League on their rookie season? Empty Re: Would it be considered a fairytale or an extraordinary achievement if Man City went on and won Champions League on their rookie season?

Post by Sushi Master Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:40 pm

Obviously. Who expects a team with 0 European tradition, first time in big boy leagues and with a shiny but not yet fully integrated team to win it first time?

Quarterfinals are where I see them fail.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:44 pm

If they achieve it by playing five defensive midfielders, then yes. This would rival Snow White.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:48 pm

i really need to put characters limit on thread titles :S
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:50 pm

nah , fairytales have happy endings
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:53 pm

you never know..... i expect mancini to play atleast three DM...
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:55 pm

Mancini will counter attack his way to glory. Then he will be known as a tactical genius. bounce
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:56 pm

It would pretty much signal the end of football. /bitter
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:56 pm

drakefyre wrote:nah , fairytales have happy endings
/thread
/thread
/thread
/thread
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:57 pm

It would be the start of the end of football as we know it.

Money buying success. No
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:07 pm

Money buying success? The richer the club the more successful, always been like that..
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:12 pm

InterMalia wrote:Money buying success? The richer the club the more successful, always been like that..

well, but most of the real successful, rich clubs, are rich because they've always been so successful. man city are trying to do the opposite, like chelsea...

i think some of the players they've got do have the experience to take them further than the group stages, but i dont think they have the mentality to win it yet.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:17 pm

Every story starts at a point my friend, this is their time.
Why do people think the elite clubs should have monopoly on success?
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:19 pm

InterMalia wrote:Every story starts at a point my friend, this is their time.

no no,youve misunderstood me.. im not against them. quite the contrary, i'm all for new clubs challenging the title. but they are doing it backwards, that's a simple fact, and i just dont think they can pull it off just yet.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:24 pm

InterMalia wrote:Money buying success? The richer the club the more successful, always been like that..

Not true. Manchester United and Barcelona to name a few are teams who build teams, not buy players as quick fixes. There are exceptions on each team, but I am speaking generally.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:29 pm

rsinatra wrote:

no no,youve misunderstood me.. im not against them. quite the contrary, i'm all for new clubs challenging the title. but they are doing it backwards, that's a simple fact, and i just dont think they can pull it off just yet.

You mean first you've got to be successful, then money comes?
You need money to be successful in football.
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:36 pm

InterMalia wrote:
rsinatra wrote:

You mean first you've got to be successful, then money comes?
You need money to be successful in football.

There is a difference between having money and using it than there is with spending excessive amounts of money to the point where your forwards consist of Dzeko, Balotelli, Adebayor, Aguero, Jo, Santa Cruz, and Tevez.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:39 pm

You jelly cus you can't afford that?
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:40 pm

InterMalia wrote:You jelly cus you can't afford that?

No, not in the least. I would not want that kind of reputation nor would I want to be known as the club that inflates and destroys the market. I am "jelly" or real clubs like Barcelona who have homegrown talent in their starting XI to the excess of seven-nine at a time.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Only 09/10 Barca spent more than 100mil, this year they could end up around 70.They don't spend you said?
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:03 pm

InterMalia wrote:Only 09/10 Barca spent more than 100mil, this year they could end up around 70.They don't spend you said?

Notice I said there are exceptions ? Those were it. But that is not the part I admire.

Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi were all home-grown from the academy. That is what I admire. Thiago Alcantara too. There are others as well.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:10 pm

Question: Did you know Juve have spent the most in the market as of right now? 74.550.000 € affraid
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:13 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Obviously. Who expects a team with 0 European tradition, first time in big boy leagues and with a shiny but not yet fully integrated team to win it first time?

Would it be considered a fairytale or an extraordinary achievement if Man City went on and won Champions League on their rookie season? Statler-and-waldorf-muppet-trolls1
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:20 pm

InterMalia wrote:Question: Did you know Juve have spent the most in the market as of right now? 74.550.000 € affraid

Yes, I am aware. Point being ?

Juventus signed who was necessary.

Forwards: Matri, Quagliarella, Vucinic Toni, Iaquinta, Amauri [to be sold], and Del Piero. That is not excessive.

Midfield: Marchisio, Pirlo, Vidal, Pazienza, Krasic, Pepe, LW to be bought. Not excessive.

Defence: Chiellini, Bonucci, Ziegler, Lichtsteiner, Motta, De Ceglie. Not excessive.

Goalkeepers: Buffon, Storari, Manninger. Not excessive.

Point ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next