Would it be considered a fairytale or an extraordinary achievement if Man City went on and won Champions League on their rookie season?

+11
InterMalia
JuvenelCuore
Lex
Gil
kiranr
TalkingReckless
drakefyre
RealGunner
M99
Sushi Master
Josefaltafino
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Would it be considered a fairytale or an extraordinary achievement if Man City went on and won Champions League on their rookie season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would it be considered a fairytale or an extraordinary achievement if Man City went on and won Champions League on their rookie season?

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:20 pm

InterMalia wrote:Question: Did you know Juve have spent the most in the market as of right now? 74.550.000 € affraid

Yes, I am aware. Point being ?

Juventus signed who was necessary.

Forwards: Matri, Quagliarella, Vucinic Toni, Iaquinta, Amauri [to be sold], and Del Piero. That is not excessive.

Midfield: Marchisio, Pirlo, Vidal, Pazienza, Krasic, Pepe, LW to be bought. Not excessive.

Defence: Chiellini, Bonucci, Ziegler, Lichtsteiner, Motta, De Ceglie. Not excessive.

Goalkeepers: Buffon, Storari, Manninger. Not excessive.

Point ?

JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Would it be considered a fairytale or an extraordinary achievement if Man City went on and won Champions League on their rookie season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would it be considered a fairytale or an extraordinary achievement if Man City went on and won Champions League on their rookie season?

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:21 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Obviously. Who expects a team with 0 European tradition, first time in big boy leagues and with a shiny but not yet fully integrated team to win it first time?

Would it be considered a fairytale or an extraordinary achievement if Man City went on and won Champions League on their rookie season? - Page 2 Statler-and-waldorf-muppet-trolls1

What is so funny ? European Cup Winners' Cup in 1970 is tradition ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:21 pm

It would be a sad day for football
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:24 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Obviously. Who expects a team with 0 European tradition, first time in big boy leagues and with a shiny but not yet fully integrated team to win it first time?

Would it be considered a fairytale or an extraordinary achievement if Man City went on and won Champions League on their rookie season? - Page 2 Statler-and-waldorf-muppet-trolls1

No evidently its Zero tradition but you get a bonus point for actually knowing we have won a European competition.
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:26 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:

No evidently its Zero tradition but you get a bonus point for actually knowing we have won a European competition.

I like to inform myself. It comes in handy when dealing with a pretentious friend who is a Manchester United fan.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:31 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:

I like to inform myself. It comes in handy when dealing with a pretentious friend who is a Manchester United fan.

Aren't they all? Most of my United supporting mates loved talking about football non stop until 2008....nowadays they talk about anything but...yet they're still winning.

They're a strange lot.

chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:33 pm

"Juventus signed who was necessary" lol

Well City/malaga/Psg etc signs who they deem necessary!

My point is what it was one pg ago, you have to spend to be successful.
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:34 pm

@Chemical: I hate to generalize, but I agree. This guy calls his team an "Empire" so every player who joins is joining an Empire. He also thinks Ashley Young was scouted by Manchester United and thinks Chicharito is a top five striker. Laughing
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:34 pm

InterMalia wrote:"Juventus signed who was necessary" lol

Well City/malaga/Psg etc signs who they deem necessary!

My point is what it was one pg ago, you have to spend to be successful.

Funny how the only people who think City's signings were necessary are City fans. Come on, having Adebayor and Balotelli and possibly Dzeko on the bench ? Outrageous.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:35 pm

I really don't see any issues with City winning the UCL. Platini might get a stroke but that's about it really.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:42 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:@Chemical: I hate to generalize, but I agree. This guy calls his team an "Empire" so every player who joins is joining an Empire. He also thinks Ashley Young was scouted by Manchester United and thinks Chicharito is a top five striker. Laughing

Haha yep i heard those and Macheda is the new Guiseppe Rossi etc etc

Maybe they mellow out as they get older....maybe
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:43 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:@Chemical: I hate to generalize, but I agree. This guy calls his team an "Empire" so every player who joins is joining an Empire. He also thinks Ashley Young was scouted by Manchester United and thinks Chicharito is a top five striker. Laughing

Haha yep i heard those and Macheda is the new Guiseppe Rossi etc etc

Maybe they mellow out as they get older....maybe

When I criticized him for criticizing Man City due to the fact MU have Macheda, Welbeck, Rooney, Berbatov, and Chicharito on strikers, he said that the MU of 1999 had five strikers and they won the Treble.

For real ? That is justification ? Rolling Eyes

Oh well.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:50 pm

Juvenelcuore still running the show :bball: Where's your sidekick?
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:51 pm

VibeTribe wrote:Juvenelcuore still running the show :bball: Where's your sidekick?

Lol Vibe <3 my favorite Interista ... as favorite as a rival fan can be. Wink

Antonio is on vacation in Italia but he posts sometimes. Me ? I never take a vacation. Cool
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:54 pm

No love for Crointer?
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:56 pm

VibeTribe wrote:No love for Crointer?

He got my "Signor Moggi thread" locked. Evil or Very Mad

Nobody comes between me and Signor Moggi. bounce
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2