El Chelsea Fuerte
Iceman
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Now you're talking Empty Now you're talking

Post by Iceman Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:59 pm

Juventus want Hamburg's Eljero Elia - agent
The 24-year-old forward is the subject of intense interest from the Turin club and his representative is confident a deal can be thrashed out to bring the player to Italy

The agent of Hamburg striker Eljero Elia has confirmed that Juventus have made an offer for the Dutch international.

he versatile attacker has been linked away with a move away from the German club for much of the summer and Wolfsburg, Liverpool and Juventus have all been rumoured to be chasing his signature.

However the Italian giants look to be in pole position to sign the starlet as his agent, Frank Schouten, has revealed that the Bundesliga outfit are in talks with Juventus over a transfer for the player.

''They [Juventus] are interested in [Eljero] Elia and they have submitted an offer for him,'' Schouten stated to Italian publication Tuttosport.

''The two clubs should reach an agreement and he [Elia] wants to play in Serie A. I have spoken to [Juventus transfer consultant] Fabio Paratici in the last few days. If a financial agreement can be found, then Elia will be playing in Serie A next season.''

Elia featured at last summer's World Cup as the Netherlands made it all the way to the final before losing out narrowly to Spain. However, the Dutchman has endured a troubled time since then as a public argument with ex-coach Armin Veh saw him left on the bench on several occasions in the 2010-11 campaign.

----------------------------------------
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/08/06/2607356/juventus-wants-hamburgs-eljero-elia-agent
----------------------------------------

This is exactly the kind of signing they need. A player who dribbles, shoots, crosses, creates, scores....he does everything. The downside is, ofcourse, that he is dutch and so he's often injured but I believe that these are the kinds of signings that they should have been making all along. This is another step in the right direction imo
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Now you're talking Empty Re: Now you're talking

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:00 pm

For some reason I thought this was going to be something about Fabregas. Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:01 pm

Krasic Pirlo Vidal Elia
Vucinic
Matri

Not bad no?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:02 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Krasic Pirlo Vidal Elia
Vucinic
Matri

Not bad no?

Not bad but not world class either..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:06 pm

The way I see it, thats a pretty good line-up especially considering that they have PLENTY of depth.
They have everything in that midfield. Creativity and long passes from Pirlo. Tenacity, aggression and bundles of energy and dribbling from Vidal and everything else from the wingers. Honestly, Elia and Krasic are my ideal versions of what wingers should be like.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:09 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Krasic Pirlo Vidal Elia
Vucinic
Matri

Not bad no?

Having individual world class talent is'nt everything.

As Iceman says you have a nice mix of everything, it would have been nice if you managed to sign Rossi instead of Vucinic but it's not the end of the world.

Also as the old saying goes " Rome was'nt built in a day".
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:10 pm

Mole, are you intentionally misspelling isn't and wasn't as is'nt and was'nt?
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:10 pm

talking about what? meh signing imo

very exciting on youtube, but i watch him in full games and i am not impressed at all.

Good talent, hope he does good.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:12 pm

Iceman wrote:Mole, are you intentionally misspelling isn't and wasn't as is'nt and was'nt?

No did i fail in some manner ? Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:15 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Krasic Pirlo Vidal Elia
Vucinic
Matri

Not bad no?

Having individual world class talent is'nt everything.

As Iceman says you have a nice mix of everything, it would have been nice if you managed to sign Rossi instead of Vucinic.

Also as the old saying goes " Rome was'nt built in a day".

Agree..But what i meant to say is that we have a effective group of players but none really are that world class material or that difference maker(someone with individual brilliance) in the team..

Conte is probably looking to build a more solid overall team than bringing two elite level players..At the end of the day i think he knows best..

This team is so reminiscent of the liverpool side of the early 2000s..decent quality players but not world class

But Juventus do look inferior when you compare the squad to the two milanese giants..And roma are closing in on us..

No excuses though ,this time round especially without european football..

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:22 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:talking about what? meh signing imo

very exciting on youtube, but i watch him in full games and i am not impressed at all.

Inconsistent a bit, but thats mainly down to the injuries. He played pretty well for Netherlands whenever he was called upon. His dribbling can be amazing at times and his pace is something that any defender should fear. Sometimes his final ball isn't really good enough, but I'd gladly take him at Arsenal tbh.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:25 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:talking about what? meh signing imo

Stratoquoto...

Was the worst in the field against Dortmund yesterday, nothing he tried came off. Subbed out at half time. He may be flashy and a exotic name, but his charecter is very bad, realistically he is no better than Giovinco for crying out loud...

Not to mention we may as well play one of our youth players. Pasquato and De Silvestro have been hugely impressive in pre-season.

:{Mr.Mustachio!
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:27 pm

He's actually pretty similar to Giovinco, except that his physique is much better
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:27 pm

Ibrahimovic exhibiting such brilliant piece of skill(watching supercoppa)..we need the quality of players like ibra tbh but that highly unlikley though..

What i meant to say is,we have a decent group of players,but do we really possess that player of individual quality that can make a difference in tight situations or when the chips are down ?personally i dont think so..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:32 pm

Iceman wrote:He's actually pretty similar to Giovinco, except that his physique is much better

Technically and talent wise Giovinco was always superior, even if Elia is taller.

We gave away Giovinco on co-ownership for €3M. He always excited, he always dribbled well, but was never quite decisive enough; in terms of final ball or goals. Elia is not superior in that regard.

So I'm not sure how he is our saviour.

I stick with Pasquato and De Silvestro.

Last edited by :{Mr.Mustachio! on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:35 pm

I thought it was something Arsenal related Sad

He'd even be good in Arsenal, since we were cock teased by Mata.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:39 pm

You won't get such players unless you return back to the CL stage again. For all of Juventus' history, right now they don't seem like the club that a player would go to if he's seeking a trophy. You will get the players with individual quality once you return back to being a dominant force.

Mind you, I do believe that between Pirlo, Vidal, Krasic and Elia that you would have enough talent to make a difference in tight situations.

As for Elia, I think you guys do underrate him. I'd personally have him at Arsenal over Giovinco, and it didn't take me much time to think about it. Elia can come up with a brilliant piece of skill every now and again that would make a difference in a match.

Elia's problem is that he sometimes tries to take on a player when he should just pass the ball instead. His attitude might be an issue, but it won't be if you have a proper manager. Heck, I think he'd do better at Arsenal than Mata would but I don't think (m)any would agree with me.

I am an Elia fanboy though Razz
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:57 pm

Iceman wrote:You won't get such players unless you return back to the CL stage again. For all of Juventus' history, right now they don't seem like the club that a player would go to if he's seeking a trophy. You will get the players with individual quality once you return back to being a dominant force.

Mind you, I do believe that between Pirlo, Vidal, Krasic and Elia that you would have enough talent to make a difference in tight situations.

As for Elia, I think you guys do underrate him. I'd personally have him at Arsenal over Giovinco, and it didn't take me much time to think about it. Elia can come up with a brilliant piece of skill every now and again that would make a difference in a match.

Elia's problem is that he sometimes tries to take on a player when he should just pass the ball instead. His attitude might be an issue, but it won't be if you have a proper manager. Heck, I think he'd do better at Arsenal than Mata would but I don't think (m)any would agree with me.

I am an Elia fanboy though Razz

I don't doubt that Elia is a tricky player, because he is.

But he is discontinuous, inconsistent and often when I watch him quite disinterested. Conte is trying to build a unique system (a offensive 4-2-4) where pressing in the defensive phase makes up for the lack of a destroyer in midfield and the overtly attacking frontline. If he wanders around like he does for Hamburg Conte will tear his balls off...

If he is so great, get him at Arsenal, because I personally don't think he would fit so well at Juve.

As I said, I wan't to stick with our youth players Thumbs up
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:57 pm

He's Dutch, so that just means sexy connection with van Persie from the start. He's also a bit taller than Mata so we're not the local midget team.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:59 pm

Sushi Master wrote:He's Dutch, so that just means sexy connection with van Persie from the start. He's also a bit taller than Mata so we're not the local midget team.

See now we are getting to the crux of it, he's only a great choice for Juve because he'd fit at Arsenal Very Happy

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:01 pm

:{Mr.Mustachio! wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:He's Dutch, so that just means sexy connection with van Persie from the start. He's also a bit taller than Mata so we're not the local midget team.

See now we are getting to the crux of it, he's only a great choice for Juve because he'd fit at Arsenal Very Happy

What? Go to the Juve boards to the Elia thread. I said he'd be a great signing for Juve and gave a brief, sexy description of him.

He'd be great for anyone, really. Most of all to Juve, actually, who are in need of left wingers.

I was just looking at it from the Arsenal perspective Wink
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:10 pm

Sushi Master wrote:

What? Go to the Juve boards to the Elia thread. I said he'd be a great signing for Juve and gave a brief, sexy description of him.

He'd be great for anyone, really. Most of all to Juve, actually, who are in need of left wingers.

What I mean to say is Iceman thinks he is a perfect fit for Juve because of the reasons you mentioned and the fact he is a Elia fan; I don't because I'm frustrated with the way we treat our young players. I'd trade a another few years of mediocrity to see us succeed with more homegrown players; rather then them raping us when we line up against them.

But as someone who has stayed up untill 4am watching our pre-season, watched Modena religiously last year and has been a fan since his Allievi days, I'd like to see Pasquato given a fair chance. A chance he's earnt.

So, Unless Ribery, Nani or Di Maria is forthcoming, I stick with the boy from Padova Razz

Last edited by :{Mr.Mustachio! on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:14 pm

Sushi Master wrote:

What I mean to say is Iceman thinks he is a perfect fit for Juve because of the reasons you mentioned and the fact he is a Elia fan.

But as someone who has stayed up untill 4am watching our pre-season, watched Modena religiously last year and has been a fan since his Allievi days, I'd like to see Pasquato given a fair chance. A chance he's earnt.

So, Unless Ribery, Nani or Di Maria is forthcoming, I stick with the boy from Padova Razz
Wish you guys had thought the same of Giovinco Sad

He'd be raping that left wing about now.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:36 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:

What I mean to say is Iceman thinks he is a perfect fit for Juve because of the reasons you mentioned and the fact he is a Elia fan.

Wish you guys had thought the same of Giovinco Sad

He'd be raping that left wing about now.

Well exactly. Hence why I'm ultra concious about pushing Pasquato and others in the academy out of the club for Elia.

They always come back to haunt us, sometimes literally ending our seasons and I don't wan't it to happen again.
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Good thread Fadi (mind if I call you that?)

You made a great point in pointing out what Juve truly needs in the front attack other then their slow and cumbersome forwards.

Elia can prove to be the X-factor if Juve signs him as his versatility and pace is near tailermade for what Juve need.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next