Great Leader Sprucenuce
El Chelsea Fuerte
Iceman
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Now you're talking - Page 2 Empty Re: Now you're talking

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Good thread Fadi (mind if I call you that?)

You made a great point in pointing out what Juve truly needs in the front attack other then their slow and cumbersome forwards.

Elia can prove to be the X-factor if Juve signs him as his versatility and pace is near tailermade for what Juve need.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:08 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Good thread Fadi (mind if I call you that?)

You made a great point in pointing out what Juve truly needs in the front attack other then their slow and cumbersome forwards.

Elia can prove to be the X-factor if Juve signs him as his versatility and pace is near tailermade for what Juve need.

Quagliarella, Matri and Vucinic are hardly what I'd call slow and cumbersome Shocked
:{Mr.Mustachio!
:{Mr.Mustachio!
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:17 pm

Sure you can call me that, as long as its Fady with a Y though haha Wink

I completely agree with you. There is no better way to describe Elia than as an X-factor. He is quite the explosive player.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:20 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Krasic Pirlo Vidal Elia
Vucinic
Matri

Not bad no?

Not bad but not world class either..

Having individual world class talent is'nt everything.

As Iceman says you have a nice mix of everything, it would have been nice if you managed to sign Rossi instead of Vucinic.

Also as the old saying goes " Rome was'nt built in a day".

Agree..But what i meant to say is that we have a effective group of players but none really are that world class material or that difference maker(someone with individual brilliance) in the team..

Conte is probably looking to build a more solid overall team than bringing two elite level players..At the end of the day i think he knows best..

This team is so reminiscent of the liverpool side of the early 2000s..decent quality players but not world class

But Juventus do look inferior when you compare the squad to the two milanese giants..And roma are closing in on us..

No excuses though ,this time round especially without european football..

juve shouldnt aim for just european football.. agreed they cant aim for the title just yet but cl football at least given their reputation.. only 3 cl sides from this season will be tough though now that inter ac, roma look strong.. plus u never know when the next team can surprise you..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:29 pm

:{Mr.Mustachio! wrote:

Quagliarella, Matri and Vucinic are hardly what I'd call slow and cumbersome Shocked

Well I forgot about Vucinic as I still am used to having the image that he is in Roma.

Matri? Not exactly fast but he makes up for it with his sheer technical ability.

Quags? He has pace but uses it more intelligently and prefers to use in a constant movement rather then bursts similar to Javier Hernandez for United.

What I am talking about is the searing pace of wingers/forwards these days which troubles the fullbacks and CBs alike.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:32 pm

Poor mans nani in making. :coffee:
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:34 pm

Exactly. The best thing about Elia is that he isn't a one trick pony a la Robben. He can cut in or go wide without really disrupting his game. Krasic is more or less the same as well, and so you'll have two very mobile, very versatile wingers (Assuming you do get Elia).
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:38 pm

problem is, Elia still needs to figure out how to be successful, and his decision making can be shocking at times. He has bags of skills, but it's not enough.

If he is the player Juventus is signing to be starter, then i'm putting a big question mark on such move.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:13 pm

He's massively overrated IMO.

Love his signature skill which is pure class but apart from that I personally don't get the hype.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:15 pm

Juventus have made an offer to Hamburg for Eljero Elia, the midfielder’s representative has stated.

The Old Lady were again paired with the Dutchman yesterday, a year after initially being associated with his services.

“Juventus have already made a bid,” Frank Schouten told Itasportpress. “And in the last few days I have spoken to Fabio Paratici.

“If an economical agreement can be found then Elia will be playing in Serie A.”

Paratici assists Juventus director general Beppe Marotta in transfer matters.

The German club valued the player at around €15m a year ago, but he may be available for closer to €10m this time around.

Elia is being targeted to fill the hole on the left side of midfield in new Coach Antonio Conte’s 4-4-2.

The 24-year-old joined Hamburg in the summer of 2009 from Dutch club Twente at a cost of around €9m.

He’s scored eight goals in 58 games for the Bundesliga outfit in all competitions.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2