RealGunner
Mr Nick09
rwo power
donttreadonred
Yeezus
83 posters

Page 41 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

France NT News, Formations & Results - Page 41 Empty Re: France NT News, Formations & Results

Post by FennecFox7 Wed May 19, 2021 7:58 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Lol Deschamps with an embarrassing U-turn. Their first meeting is going to be fun

Don’t agree. I give Deschamps tons of credit for swallowing his pride. That takes a true man. I have a ton of respect for him now.

Benzema is exactly what they need. Ironically, since griezzmann is best in the hole or an SS position, it’ll be interesting to see how they work out.

Not a fan of rabiot. Personally think Aouar is better.

Ironically, if bennacer and Mahrez chose France this team would be even better then the WC winning team. That would’ve been interesting to see.

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

France NT News, Formations & Results - Page 41 Empty Re: France NT News, Formations & Results

Post by Myesyats Wed May 19, 2021 8:24 pm

Exactly wtf... why no Aouar??
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 19, 2021 9:01 pm

Aouar has been mostly mediocre this season with a few good games here and there... a far cry from his performance last season. Same with Camavinga I might add.

They're both going to be on the Olympic team this summer, which is exactly where they should be... and are happy to be. France NT olympic team is crazy good too; but a sucky coach.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 19, 2021 9:05 pm

Bennacer wouldn't have made the team. Mahrez... he plays Griezmann's spot so he would have been benched (unfortunately). We don't play a 4231 because it takes space away from Mbappe and Griezmann + Pogba is shit in a double pivot. 4-3-3 is our best formation.

Can't do much better than Mbappe-Benzema-Griezmann. Everyone is literally perfect for the their position and in terms of combo with the other two.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu May 20, 2021 3:44 pm

Griezmann as RW? Barca has tried that and it doesn't work. I would think 4-2-3-1 actually gets more players in their preferred position:

-----------------Benz
---Mbappe---Griezmann----Dembele
----------Pogba-----Kante

My memory is fuzzy but didn't they play something like that in 2018?

As for Pogba in a double pivot, he's always been fine if his partner is defensively inclined and can cover for him when he makes forward runs. Kante is perfect for him.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu May 20, 2021 5:04 pm

We can agree to disagree on bennacer.. and I haven’t watched aouar as much this year but rabiot isn’t all that impressive to me

But mahrez is better then griezzmann at that right wing spot sports. There’s really no argument. One dragged his team to a CL final and won the PL back to back.. the other is struggling at Barca big time (mind you; it’s not entirely his fault, messi plays in his best position)

Mahrez provides directness, technique, goals, end product and now he’s added work rate and defensive contribution to his game. For me he is the better player right now.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu May 20, 2021 5:07 pm

If deshamps can make it work with benzema, I think France walks the euros. Easy win. It will be extremely hard to stop a front line of Mbappe-benzema-griezmann/dembele

I think dembele is a really good player contrary to Barca fans opinion. He is young and inconsistent but he strikes fear in the defense. Two footed too. His problem is in the disaster of a club he plays in. He would thrive in man city for example, or even Madrid.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 20, 2021 6:45 pm

Bennacer would have walked into the France squad. No question.

Griezmann has fallen off but since he is Basque it gives him the edge (so is Deschamps).

Benzema fully deserves the call-up. Deschamps deserves no praise, what Benz did was years ago and lets be honest they need him. Best French player at the moment.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 21, 2021 6:23 pm

No...  you have Ndombele, Camavinga, Aouar, Soumare (Lille headed to Leicester), Tchouameni (Monaco headed wherever he wants, but Chelsea seems to be talked about most), etc who can't get in.  I like Bennacer.  But I like at least three of these guys more even today.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:26 am

Basically havent watched NT since the WC, and surprised to learn Benzema is back in fold after all these years, why? Isnt France good enough with Mbappe leading the line already?

Whats the likely lineup gonna be?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:37 am

Lloris
Pavard - Varane - Kimpembe - Hernandez
Pogba - Kante - Rabiot
Griezmann - Benzema - Mbappe

The crazy part is the second team lol

Maignan
Dubois - Kounde - Lenglet - Digne
Sissoko - Tolisso - Lemar
Dembele - Giroud - Coman

Still have Ben Yedder, Zouma and Thuram.

Martial would be in there instead of Thuram if healthy.  Also, Nbombele should be in there over Sissoko 100%.  You still have guys like Upamecano, Aouar, Camavinga, Tchouameni, etc. trying to make the team too.

The one nobody talks about, but whom I think is a key... is Amine Gouiri of Nice (Lyon academy).  He's a really talented striker. This was his first full season as a regular pro... 16 goals. Very technical.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:09 am

Thanks sport. Lol I mean the strength of the team is amazing. Only weakness I see is perhaps the FBs arent attacking enough and maybe the CBs arent perfect, but when u got Kante in front thats not too much worry Razz Rabiot is underrated, but pretty sure he can do what Matuidi did previously, being the workhorse all rounder.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:47 pm

France's midfield is just sublime. All can defend and all can go out on the attack. To varying degrees obviously but it's very well equipped. Same with the amount of players disposable, you could make a France A and France B if need to play two different tourneys
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:24 am

Rabiot over guys like Ndombele and Aouar is just silly and surely down to what @farfan alluded to once about Rabiot.. the Front, pardon, Rassemblement National wants to be able to support the NT too
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:08 am

Methinks Aouar bring left out is probably due more to Rabiot's experience playing at the top level as well as personal preference to a player of Rabiot's style of play. While yes, I do believe Aouar does offer more offensively Deschamps probably prefers someone with both and educated foot but also with the muscle and size to win a ball on the ground or an aerial challenge. Deschamps wants the maximum amount of recovery available to him in the midfield above all and that is why I feel, among other reasons, he prefered Rabiot's inclusion
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:15 pm

Aouar was poor with Lyon this season...  maybe had to do with Garcia management... but whatever the case, he wasn't anywhere good enough.  

Ndombele should have been picked over Sissoko, not Rabiot. But Ndombele is a strange one. You're not sure what you're going to get game to game.

Rabiot is actually ok.  He looks good for France because he's very well surrounded of course.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:49 pm

Benzema is only out 48-72 hours.  Nothing muscular.  Just a knock.

Really like what I'm seeing.  There's really now way through the midfield with Kante and Pogba there.  Pavard and Hernandez have looked really good.  Varane looks re-energized (quicker than I've seen him all season).  

Griezmann has found form.

Giroud scored two goals.

Benz being Benz.

Mbappe being Mbappe.

I'm not a fan of Kimpembe... but whatever.  He's not horrible I guess.

Only question is the 3rd midfielder.  Rabiot or Tolisso?  Tolisso is just coming back from injury so you have to think Rabiot.  I like Tolisso though... he isn't great at anything; but he can do everything ok.  He's one of those players that can fill any hole in the midfield. Given the rest of the squad, you don't need a great player here. You need discipline and activity.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:25 am

I'd say France will just need someone who can pass to the frontline who can move so Kante and Pogba arent the only 2 on defensive duty. I feel Tolisso is more creative than Rabiot so if you want extra precision than he'll be the go to. Rabiot is favorable if you want extra muscle and recovery to go along the other two. Feel Pogba could go forward more if Rabiot stays back and Rabiot aint too shabby himself when passing the ball. France got a plethora of talent to vary their game however they want tbh
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:13 pm

our gl french correspondent(s), mainly sportsczy, any truth to the giroud mbappe tension as reported by certain media outlets?
for

for clarification, https://www.marca.com/en/football/uefa-euro/2021/06/10/60c1e719268e3e5a718b45f1.html
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:57 pm

Im sure the tension is still there tbh. I think Pulisic backed up Giroud stating "Mbappe walks away when Giroud scores". Realistically, yeah I do believe the tension still exists between the two. The classic case of an individual rubbing another individual the wrong way. At the end of the day tho, they are a team and Deschamps wont have their BS affect their team morale so I expect them to bury the hatchet for the much larger cause
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:21 pm

https://le10sport.com/football/ligue1/psg/psg-clash-euro-mbappe-pogba-le-clan-rabiot-pete-les-plombs-556304

[bla bla bla...]

...Et Véronique Rabiot n'aurait pas caché son immense frustration.

Véronique Rabiot s'en prend à la famille Pogba...
Alors que les Bleus ont encaissé un troisième but à la suite d'une perte de balle de Paul Pogba, Véronique Rabiot aurait vu rouge. Selon les informations de RMC Sport, la mère d'Adrien Rabiot aurait demandé à la famille de La Pioche comment il avait fait pour perdre le ballon précédent l'égalisation de la Suisse. Des propos qui n'auraient pas plus au clan Pogba et qui auraient provoqué un échange « virulent » entre les deux familles. Malgré un grand nombre d'occasions franches, l'équipe de France de Didier Deschamps n'a pas réussi à marquer un nouveau but et à éviter la séance des tirs aux buts. Une séance perdue par les Bleus, à la suite du cinquième et dernier tir français de Kylian Mbappé. Et dès le coup de sifflet final, Véronique Rabiot a refait des siennes.

... puis attaque les parents de Kylian Mbappé !
Toujours selon RMC Sport, Véronique Rabiot aurait poursuivi son altercation avec la famille Pogba dans les tribunes au coup de sifflet final. Par la suite, elle se serait attaquée au clan Mbappé. Comme l'a indiqué le média français, la mère d'Adrien Rabiot aurait demandé à Wilfrid Mbappé de recadrer son fils et de calmer son arrogance. Ce qui aurait provoqué un échange « houleux » entre Véronique Rabiot et les deux parents de Kylian Mbappé. Pour en remettre une couche, Madame Rabiot se serait également attaquée à des journalistes, leur reprochant leur attitude envers l'attaquant du PSG. Durant une vingtaine de minutes, Véronique Rabiot se serait pris le bec avec plusieurs familles de joueurs présentes en tribunes à Bucarest, choquant ainsi les autres familles, spectatrices de la scène, tant par son attitude que par le timing choisi. Voilà de quoi ternir la très belle ambiance qui règne au sein de l'équipe de France depuis le Mondial 2018.

Laughing Laughing
Rabiot's mother going to the bat again

Asking Pogba's parents why their son is losing the ball. Telling Mbappé's parents their son is arrogant. Causing a feud in the stands and ruining the chemistry of the group. Rabiot himself was not bad during the tournament. As if she needs to act despicable and cause trouble, probably that kind of deluded women who eat tons of pills so "her mind is straight"

How would she react if, idk, Georgina went at her in the stands to say your son's been pretty shite this season madam
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:39 am

Oh I was about to post this as well.

France NT News, Formations & Results - Page 41 16250507924595

Now Rabiot makes sense on a personality level to me. This is where he gets it from. :facepalm:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:44 pm

Lloris - Koundé, Varane, L. Hernandez - Pavard, Pogba, Rabiot, T. Hernandez - Griezmann, Benzema, Mbappé.

scratch No

So Pogba and Rabiot are supposed to handle the midfield and cover defensively Laughing

wtf

ffs at least play TCHOUAMÉNI who is far better defensively and covers a lot of ground. Rabiot... is Rabiot ffs.

I don't mind the 352 necessarily. I just think Upamecano is better than Kounde and Rabiot is ill-suited for it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:34 pm

Deschamps really has no idea how to manage an offensive team.  He has cut the team in half.  We are neither offensive nor defensive because he can't commit to the fact that we need to attack... and he'd be fired on the spot if he didn't attack with this talent. So we half defend, half attack... with no commitment to either.

As a result, we're nothing.  

He may not make it to the world cup as the manager if we keep looking so completely without a style.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:36 pm

Just to prove the point...we're playing a 352 with the wingers not attacking at all Laughing They're just stuck in no man's land all the time drunken

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:38 pm

Game was even from the start but the last 20 minutes at least have been all and only Belgium... Lloris looks shaky. Belgium look very good.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next