Madvillain
DuringTheWar
totaalvoetbal
61 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Netherlands  - Page 4 Empty Re: The Netherlands

Post by Ganso Sun 12 Jan - 22:08:34

if someone is going to answer roespierre, what is the dutch starting 11?im interested because we are probably going to face each other in the first knockout stage

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 12 Jan - 23:17:11

Cillessen started in the last match they've played as a GK, but I'm not sure if he's a regular player.

Sneijder also seems to be playing regularly for them, as an AM in a 4-3-3.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Mon 13 Jan - 17:26:52

Van Gaal doesn't seem to have made up his mind on the GK spot. Krul, Cillessen and Stekelburg are the ones he's leaning towards mostly, but he hasn't forgotten Vorm. Cillessen currently has the upper hand due to his good performances with Ajax.

Sneijder is no certainty under Van Gaal. He's been on and off the team and lost the captaincy to Van Persie. He would like Sneijder to provide more defensive contributions... But yeah.

He is still searching for the right starting 11. Players like Van Persie, Robben and Strootman are in. Janmaat is the guy for RB (although Van der Wiel is making a case for himself at PSG, so who knows) and Blind should normally be LB. Lens is also pretty safe to make a lot of starts.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu 13 Feb - 17:42:22

Hey, first time poster here.

I'm very excited for the upcoming World Cup. Although I'm not confident that the Netherlands can replicate their performance from 4 years ago (that took a touch of world class from someone who was in the best form in the world...Sneijder) but I still think that their squad can be very dangerous, and if they all come into form at the right time they can even challenge for the Cup and upset Brazil in the round of 16.

This is how I would have the team:

DR - Gregory van der Wiel
DC - Daryl Janmaat
DC - Joel Veltman
DL - Daley Blind
DM - Kevin Strootman
MC - Raphael Van der Vaart
MC - Wesley Sneijder
WR - Arjen Robben
ST - Robin Van Persie
WL - ??? Georginio Wijnaldum

Such a young but talented team with a few veterans. Heitinga is another I wouldn't mind having along for his experience on the back-end.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu 13 Feb - 17:53:33

Welcome to the forums  Thumbs up 

And yeah, ive said this earlier in the thread, we will probably be meeting each other in the round of 16 and i hope we do.I will also be hoping you guys dont get surprised by Chile lol
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 13 Feb - 17:54:12

Welcome mate!

Do you think a Midfield trio of VDV, Sniejder and Strootman will work? VDV isn't the best in terms of work ethic and neither is Sneijder. Strootman himself is best as a CM rather than DM.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu 13 Feb - 18:18:35

-----------------De Jong
-----------Strootman---Sneijder
------Robben-------------------Lens
-------------------RvP

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu 13 Feb - 19:59:01

RealGunner wrote:Welcome mate!

Do you think a Midfield trio of VDV, Sniejder and Strootman will work? VDV isn't the best in terms of work ethic and neither is Sneijder. Strootman himself is best as a CM rather than DM.

I do think it could work very well actually, although there is another option in moving Blind over as a holding midfielder because he is fantastic in that regard. However Strootman has great ethic and I've found, especially with a 4 - 3 - 3, having a traditional MC like Strootman who is strong defensively (Strootman is!) play there helps keep the flow of play going forward as opposed to defending. With good wing-backs like Wiel and Blind supporting those three it should keep the run of play going towards the other goal...at least in my opinion.

I also have a soft spot for Sneijder. Even if it was for but a brief moment he was the best footballer in the world only 4 years ago (if not for Robben's miscues we would be talking about defending WC champions!) and if he can come even close to his previous form this team is better than that team!
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu 13 Feb - 20:27:14

El Cujo wrote:Hey, first time poster here.

I'm very excited for the upcoming World Cup. Although I'm not confident that the Netherlands can replicate their performance from 4 years ago (that took a touch of world class from someone who was in the best form in the world...Sneijder) but I still think that their squad can be very dangerous, and if they all come into form at the right time they can even challenge for the Cup and upset Brazil in the round of 16.

This is how I would have the team:

DR - Gregory van der Wiel
DC - Daryl Janmaat
DC - Joel Veltman
DL - Daley Blind
DM - Kevin Strootman
MC - Raphael Van der Vaart
MC - Wesley Sneijder
WR - Arjen Robben
ST - Robin Van Persie
WL - ??? Georginio Wijnaldum

Such a young but talented team with a few veterans. Heitinga is another I wouldn't mind having along for his experience on the back-end.

El Cujo wrote:
[b]I also have a soft spot for Sneijder. Even if it was for but a brief moment he was the best footballer in the world only 4 years ago (if not for Robben's miscues we would be talking about defending WC champions!)

And I remember well as Inter fan, he was Iniesta-esque level in 2010 :bow: 
. Amazing.
It seems like centuries ago...nostalgia

Who would take as 1st GK ? who Van Gall will choose ?

P.S. Welcome  Very Happy
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue 25 Feb - 15:35:03

Robespierre wrote:And I remember well as Inter fan, he was Iniesta-esque level in 2010 :bow: 
. Amazing.
It seems like centuries ago...nostalgia

Who would take as 1st GK ? who Van Gall will choose ?

P.S. Welcome  Very Happy

Thanks!

Yes I remember his play for Inter as well -- he was amazing to watch all year. He's actually having a bit of a resurgence in Turkey right now so hopefully that bodes well for the WC team, and remember he's still only 29. He steps it up in the most important situations so I will be gutted if he isn't part of the starting XI for the WC.

If I had to choose a goalie I would probably go with Vorm.

All guys that should be battling for a starting spot are Klaassen, Wijnaldum, Afellay, de Jong (Nigel, Luuk and Siem) and Heitinga.

There's a lot to be excited about with the Oranje because of the great young players combined with experience. No team should sleep on them they can easily repeat 2010.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Footyfan Wed 26 Feb - 13:58:06

The team's probably the worst ever in the last 20-30 years. Full of young rookies. Robben RVP are good. VDV is well past it. Sneijder seemed past it too but recently has done well.

GK is a lock probbably but wqith LVG you never know. Cillesen will probably start. Krul is a good shot stopper but poor in distribution. Vorm, Vermeer, Stek, erc will compete for the 3rd spot.

RB Starter will be a toss up between Janmaat and a resurgent VDW. Verghaeh is an outside shot and Van Rhijn has a chance too.

LB will probably be Pieters, maybe Willems or BMI might be moved from CB.

In CB Veltman has a good shot, Denswil, Rekik,etc are probably too much of a rookie to be considered. Vlaar has a chance and BMI will get a chance too. Both of them are probably lock-in's. De Vrij is a LVG Favourite and will 100% make it to the WC.

De Jong has 1 DM spot locked in. The other spot has competition. Clasie, Schaars and Blind if he is considered a DM will definitely get it as he can LB too.

CM - Strootman is LVG's Blue Eyed Boy and only young player really breaking out. He will 3rd in Command behind RVP-Robben. The other spot is open - Vilhena, Clasie if played at CM, Van Ginkel. Maybe Fer as well who is doing quite well and he is already getting into the squad. Maybe Wijnaldum too.

CAM - Sneijder is resurgent and might get a look in. VDV has been bad recently but then if he improved LVG is known for giving everyone a shot. Then you have the young rookies - Maher, Klaasen or maybe Ziyech(Is he even Dutch??)

WIngers - Robben. The other 3 will be between Lens, Narsingh, Schaaken, Boetius, Depay. Maybe Kuyt. Personally I believe Depay & Narsingh will get in while the last Wing Position might be open depending on performances.

ST - RVP & KJH. LVG loved Hunter once while he loves RVP now and RVP's style of play suits LVG too. Maybe he might carry an extra ST who may play Wing like Lens who is an all-rounder or if there is a spot he might get a battering ram like Dost in to head crosses if needed but Hunter is great in heading as well. Can't see anyone other than RVP & Hunter coming in.

Overall - Lots of rookies, none other than Strootman are breaking out. Sneijder & Strootman are not compatible. Strootman loves to play left sided of the the mid-field slightly and he has no right foot. Sneijder as CAM hogs the left wing and it makes the whole squad unbalanced to play those 2 together.

I am a bit pessimistic. I think Chile will be a touch match in the Group Stages but Oranje will go through. However Brazil in the Round of 16 might be too tough.

I don't rule out a good result. LVG when he keeps his ego under control is an amazing coach. He can do wonders & Robben is one of the greatest Dutch Legends ever.

My World Cup 23 -

Gk - Cillesen Krul Vorm

Defenders - VDW Janmaar De Vrij Vlaar Veltman BMI Blind

Midfielders - De Jong Clasie Strootman Van Ginkel Sneijder &

"Klaasen/Maher/etc - an LVG Surprise - He will choose a complete Rookie in the World 11 - I just feel it

Forwards - Robben RVP KJH Depay Narsingh "1 Spot open of Current Form"

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri 28 Feb - 16:22:05

Squad for France game:

Goalkeepers: Jasper Cillessen (Ajax), Michel Vorm (Swansea City), Jeroen Zoet (PSV).

Defenders: Daley Blind (Ajax), Daryl Janmaat (Feyenoord), Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord), Karim Rekik (PSV), Joel Veltman (Ajax), Paul Verhaegh (Augsburg), Ron Vlaar (Aston Villa), Gregory van der Wiel (Paris Saint-Germain).

Midfielders: Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord), Davy Klaassen (Ajax), Stijn Schaars (PSV), Wesley Sneijder (Galatasaray), Kevin Strootman (Roma).

Forwards: Jean-Paul Boetius (Feyenoord), Memphis Depay (PSV), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Schalke), Dirk Kuyt (Fenerbahce), Robin van Persie (Manchester United), Quincy Promes (Twente), Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich).
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri 28 Feb - 21:05:26

So for the game against France a starting line-up of:

Line-up wrote:Gregory van der Wiel - Ron Vlaar - Joe Veltman - Daley Blind

Davy Klaasen - Kevin Strootman - Wesley Sneijder

Memphis Depay - Robin van Persie - Arjen Robben

Not bad I think. They should beat France, but it will be tough.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat 1 Mar - 0:16:23

no adam maher? is he playing bad with psv?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue 4 Mar - 15:53:08

Just a little rant here, but I don't think this team will go anywhere with RVP as captain, or as the main front-man. He's too immature, selfish and confrontational with other players on the team. He's not captain material, and I don't remember him ever coming up big for the Netherlands when they really have needed him to. Look at how he's been over his career, nothing more than an entitled baby. The national team will be much better off once he is no longer a part of it; it's just unfortunate that we don't really have a better option to play CF (although Huntelaar has always performed well at the National level).

Bleh mulling over my thoughts on my previous line-up I'd like to see this at the WC:

Keeper: Michel Vorm
Defenders: Gregory van der Wiel - John Heitinga - Joel Veltman - Daley Blind
Midfielders: Wesley Sneijder - Kevin Strootman - Rafael van der Vaart
Attackers: Arjen Robben - Robin van Persie - Memphis Depay

Bench: Jasper Cilessen, Maarten Stekelenburg, Daryl Janmaat, Ron Vlaar, Jetro Willems, Stefan de Vrij, Nigel de Jong, Davy Klaasen, Georginio Wijnaldum, Ibrahim Afellay, Jeremain Lens, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Lots can still change though.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon 10 Mar - 15:33:54

Early reports are that Kevin Strootman will miss approximately 9 months due to ligament damaged sustained yesterday against Napoli.

Huge blow for the Dutch and for Roma.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon 10 Mar - 16:02:22

Ugh. I guess it will give another youngster a chance to step up. Clasie maybe? Or it just lets De Jong walk back onto the team.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon 10 Mar - 23:54:46

This tournament was basically a write off as soon as van Gaal got charge of the team again. Strootman's injury just confirms that. Clasie's good, but too young and not really that strong on the defensive side of things. De Jong is experienced and defensively sound but will require his midfield partner to carry the attacking load. There's the possibility that you could find a decent balance with enough time and matches to experiment, but at this point that's not really a possibility.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue 11 Mar - 0:01:24

Who do you prefer in regards to the back 4 for Holland? hmm

Do you think Urby might get considered for LB? hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue 11 Mar - 0:24:30

Honestly I've got no real ambitions for this World Cup so I'd just use it to get younger players extra experience in high-pressure situations. And no, I see no real possibility of Emanuelson getting called up, much less starting.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat 15 Mar - 15:04:10

Anyone who had high hopes to begin with, was being unrealistic. Most of these players are too unexperienced. The next EC might be where we can try and think of doing anything IF the young players keep developing as they should. We have a lot of talent for midfield and defense, but most of these kids have quite a way to go before they can be considered good/top players.

This line-up by El Cujo on the previous page is really not what I hope to see at the WC. Way too weak defensively.

Now that Strootman is out of the picture I would really prefer Blind to go as a midfielder. Not sure who to put LB, but Blind is just not up to it even though I was hoping (earlier this year) he somehow would. Veltman is not ready to be a starter (too mistake prone and inconsistant) and Heitinga is past it. Right now I would probably go with a Vlaar-Van Dijk partnership. If only Van Gaal didn't have a blind spot where the Scottish league is. It would atleast provide us with a bit of experience at the back and some atlethesism.

BTW, reports say Terence Kongolo is in the picture for the WC as he has been doing a decent job replacing Mathijsen at Feyenoord.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue 25 Mar - 18:33:34

Guus Hiddink set for second spell in charge of Netherlands after World Cup

The former Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink is set for a second spell in charge of the Netherlands after reportedly agreeing a two-year deal with the KNVB yesterday.

The 67-year-old will replace incumbent Louis van Gaal after this summer's World Cup in Brazil, with the former Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy lined up to work as one of his assistants, according to Voetbal International. Hiddink, who has been working alongside Phillip Cocu at PSV Eindhoven this season, revealed last month that he was in talks over succeeding Van Gaal after the World Cup having left his last permanent job at Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala in July 2013.

His appointment is now expected to be confirmed later this week, with current assistant and former Ajax captain Danny Blind set to continue in his post. Reports in the Netherlands also suggested that former United defender Jaap Stam had turned down the chance to join Hiddink's backroom team, with FC Utrecht manager Jan Wouters also ruling himself out.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue 25 Mar - 20:13:08

Madvillain wrote:Anyone who had high hopes to begin with, was being unrealistic. Most of these players are too unexperienced. The next EC might be where we can try and think of doing anything IF the young players keep developing as they should. We have a lot of talent for midfield and defense, but most of these kids have quite a way to go before they can be considered good/top players.

I agree to an extent. Sometimes it's the brashness of young players that allows a team to come out of its shell and really work hard towards something. The right manager is needed, as well as tactics obviously, but I don't think there were many people who believed the Netherlands could win the cup this year. I think this tournament is more of a transition period.

This line-up by El Cujo on the previous page is really not what I hope to see at the WC. Way too weak defensively.

Perhaps, but the Netherlands isn't going to go anywhere due to their defence this tournament.

Now that Strootman is out of the picture I would really prefer Blind to go as a midfielder. Not sure who to put LB, but Blind is just not up to it even though I was hoping (earlier this year) he somehow would. Veltman is not ready to be a starter (too mistake prone and inconsistant) and Heitinga is past it. Right now I would probably go with a Vlaar-Van Dijk partnership. If only Van Gaal didn't have a blind spot where the Scottish league is. It would atleast provide us with a bit of experience at the back and some atlethesism.

Blind is a better holding midfielder than he is a left-back to be sure -- I just don't think the National team sees him that way. I think Veltman is ready to be a starter. He is more talented and better than pretty much any other option we have at CB going into this tournament. Put him with someone experienced that can help him remain focused and he could be a huge boon to the team.

If I'm re-making the team with Strootman out I would probably reconsider a few things.

Keeper: Michel Vorm
Defenders: Gregory van der Wiel - Joel Veltman - Ron Vlaar - Jetro Willems
Midfielders: Jordy Clasie - Daley Blind - Rafael van der Vaart/Wesley Sneijder
Attackers: Arjen Robben - Robin van Persie/Klaas-Jan Huntelaar - Memphis Depay

Although I'm no fool. I know that this is unlikely. Most likely we see De Jong in Blind's place and Blind in Willems' place. I'd also rather see Wijnaldum in place of Sneijder/van der Vaart at this point if he's healthy (not likely), but again not likely. I prefer Huntelaar to van Persie as well, but again...I am not the manager of the national team. Is this the very best possible line-up we could use? Maybe, maybe not, but I think it's a fast-paced team with a defensively sound midfield that can move back and forward as well as cover for some of the mistakes of the back 4. It's a team that needs to play a high-tempo offensive system but could do damage and really build experience for Euro 2016 and beyond for some of our younger more talented players.

Just IMO though.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 28 Mar - 17:59:05

Yohan Modric wrote:
Guus Hiddink set for second spell in charge of Netherlands after World Cup

The former Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink is set for a second spell in charge of the Netherlands after reportedly agreeing a two-year deal with the KNVB yesterday.

The 67-year-old will replace incumbent Louis van Gaal after this summer's World Cup in Brazil, with the former Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy lined up to work as one of his assistants, according to Voetbal International. Hiddink, who has been working alongside Phillip Cocu at PSV Eindhoven this season, revealed last month that he was in talks over succeeding Van Gaal after the World Cup having left his last permanent job at Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala in July 2013.

His appointment is now expected to be confirmed later this week, with current assistant and former Ajax captain Danny Blind set to continue in his post. Reports in the Netherlands also suggested that former United defender Jaap Stam had turned down the chance to join Hiddink's backroom team, with FC Utrecht manager Jan Wouters also ruling himself out.

Former Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink will replace Louis van Gaal as Netherlands head coach after the World Cup in Brazil this summer.

The 67-year-old will remain in charge until the end of Euro 2016 in France and then be replaced by current assistant coach Danny Blind.

Blind, 52, and former Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy, 37, will act as Hiddink's assistants until then.
Van Gaal, 62, has been linked with a move to Tottenham next season.

The Dutchman, who has also had stints as manager at Ajax, Barcelona and Bayern Munich, took over as national coach for a second time in 2012 and his contract expires this summer.

Hiddink, who won the FA Cup with Chelsea in 2009, has also been linked with a move to Tottenham since leaving Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala last summer.

He has already had one spell as Netherlands boss - between 1995 and 1998 - and has also managed South Korea, Australia, Russia and Turkey.

Former Ajax boss Blind arrived as Van Gaal's assistant in 2012, while Van Nistelrooy has been doing some coaching work with PSV Eindhoven.

The Netherlands will face World Cup holders Spain, Chile and Australia in the group stages in Brazil.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Tue 13 May - 21:28:00

Netherlands 30 man pre-squad:

Goalkeepers: Jasper Cillessen (Ajax), Tim Krul (Newcastle United), Jeroen Zoet (PSV), Michel Vorm (Swansea City)

Defenders: Patrick van Aanholt (Vitesse), Daley Blind (Ajax), Daryl Janmaat (Feyenoord), Terence Kongolo (Feyenoord), Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord), Karim Rekik (PSV), Joël Veltman (Ajax), Paul Verhaegh (FC Augsburg), Ron Vlaar (Aston Villa), Stefan de Vrij (Feyenoord)

Midfielders: Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord), Leroy Fer (Norwich City), Jonathan de Guzman (Swansea City), Nigel de Jong (AC Milan), Quincy Promes (FC Twente), Wesley Sneijder (Galatasaray), Tonny Vilhena (Feyenoord), Rafael van der Vaart (HSV), Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV)

Forwards: Jean-Paul Boëtius (Feyenoord), Memphis Depay (PSV), Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Schalke 04), Dirk Kuyt (Fenerbahçe), Jeremain Lens (Dinamo Kiev), Robin van Persie (Manchester United) en Arjen Robben (Bayern München).
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Wed 14 May - 22:40:00

Yeah this really young squad isn't all that surprising except for maybe a couple of names like Kongolo, Verhaegh and Promes. I wouldn't be surprised if Sneijder and/or Van der Vaart gets dropped, bringing down the average age even more. I'm hoping we can leave this tournament with dignity.

Apparently we will start playing a 5-2-3 formation. How Van Gaal envisions this isn't completely clear yet apart from the fact that he said he wants to hold on to the ideas behind the 'Hollandse school'.

BTW: Van der Wiel wasn't dropped by Van Gaal. He himself asked Van Gaal not to include him because he has been playing with a lot of pain at PSG and he really needs to give his body the necessary rest.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next