Abramovich
che
paperbackwriter
dostoevsky
REWB
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

spanish goal keepers are overrated - Page 2 Empty Re: spanish goal keepers are overrated

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:50 pm

Buffon isnt the best anymore, that time is gone now. Why cant you just accept it. oh and Casillas won the world cup too Razz

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

spanish goal keepers are overrated - Page 2 Empty Re: spanish goal keepers are overrated

Post by Doc Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:50 pm

I reckon this stems from De Gea's performance and once again, a bit pre-mature. Shouldn't even use Alumnia as an example as he is just a bad goal tender all round. There is nothing about him that stands out and I highly doubt he'll be any better in Spain...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:51 pm

i do find them overrated because people make them look like demi-gods.same with neuer.By no means do i think they arent good though

Last edited by Ganso on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:51 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:and which Country would you say has the best goal keepers?

Italia.

Casillias > Buffon

Reina > Abbiati

Valdez > Viviano

Casillas > Buffon ? What planet do you live on ?

Sirigu, De Sanctis, Viviano, Abbiati, Storari, etc. all quality. Italia has more goalkeepers than Spain, and historically the best goalkeeper of all time is Dino Zoff with Buffon second so say what you want.

We are talking about today and top 3 in Spain are better than the top 3 in Italy.

Buffon > Casillias? wake up from the past
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:52 pm

@Nick: too bad Casillas was not nearly as good as Buffon was in 2006 World Cup. Casillas was decent at best.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:52 pm

Historically the best goal keeper ever is Lev Yashin but hey, let's be all Italy, all the time today...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:53 pm

Doc wrote:Historically the best goal keeper ever is Lev Yashin but hey, let's be all Italy, all the time today...

Not sure if serious.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:00 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Doc wrote:Historically the best goal keeper ever is Lev Yashin but hey, let's be all Italy, all the time today...

Not sure if serious.

Not sure if you're serious as well...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:02 pm

Doc wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

Not sure if serious.

Lev Yashin is a nobody compared to Dino Zoff. Talk to me when you can back up your ridiculous statement.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:02 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Doc wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

Not sure if serious.

Lev Yashin is a nobody compared to Dino Zoff. Talk to me when you can back up your ridiculous statement.

You killed it.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:04 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:Lev Yashin is a nobody compared to Dino Zoff. Talk to me when you can back up your ridiculous statement.

What? Are you serious? Suspect
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:05 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Doc wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

Not sure if serious.

fail is strong on this one.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:06 pm

A fail ? What has he won compared to Dino Zoff ? Personal awards ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:07 pm

right back section
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:09 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:right back section

I would, but that would be considered a troll post. It is so unrealistic and incomparable.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:10 pm

izzy26 wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:Lev Yashin is a nobody compared to Dino Zoff. Talk to me when you can back up your ridiculous statement.

The man is considered the greatest goalie in the history of football, even voted best goal keeper of the 20th century by those silly statisticians down in IFFHS and apparently, for the 1st time in my internet viewing history, he's a nobody compared to Dino Zoff who is a legendary keeper in his own right mind you.

Go figure...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:13 pm

Doc wrote:
izzy26 wrote:

The man is considered the greatest goalie in the history of football, even voted best goal keeper of the 20th century by those silly statisticians down in IFFHS and apparently, for the 1st time in my internet viewing history, he's a nobody compared to Dino Zoff who is a legendary keeper in his own right mind you.

Go figure...

I'm still just in shock by that statement. Shocked
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:15 pm

Dino Zoff made his international debut for Italy in 1968 against Bulgaria in the quarter-final against Bulgaria in the 1968 European Championships. He went onto represent Italy in 112 international matches and won the European Championships in 1968 and also skippered Italy to the 1982 World Cup finals, making himself the oldest winner of the World Cup ever. He is the oldest player to ever win a trophy and holds the record for the longest playing time without conceding goals in international competitions (1142 minutes) set between 1972 and 1974.

JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:18 pm

It's not the comparison that is killing me (2 legendary keepers mind you), it's the line about being a nobody compared to Dino Zoff that is making it so wrong and full of bias that reeks beyond the realms of cyber space. After which I cannot take you serious Juve on this issue anymore, go preach to the choir or something...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:19 pm

Doc wrote:It's not the comparison that is killing me (2 legendary keepers mind you), it's the line about being a nobody compared to Dino Zoff that is making it so wrong and full of bias that reeks beyond the realms of cyber space. After which I cannot take you serious Juve on this issue anymore, go preach to the choir or something...

When did he lead his country to a World Cup ? The oldest player to win a World Cup mind you. 1982 aged 40.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:21 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Doc wrote:It's not the comparison that is killing me (2 legendary keepers mind you), it's the line about being a nobody compared to Dino Zoff that is making it so wrong and full of bias that reeks beyond the realms of cyber space. After which I cannot take you serious Juve on this issue anymore, go preach to the choir or something...

When did he lead his country to a World Cup ? The oldest player to win a World Cup mind you. 1982 aged 40.

As I said, go preach to the choir with your unrelenting bias. I would not be indulging in such foolishness...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:21 pm

Doc wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

As I said, go preach to the choir with your unrelenting bias. I would not be indulging in such foolishness...

Cool story bro, I will keep that in mind.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:42 pm

I dont really like comparing players , but let me know when Zoff wins a Ballon D'or.

drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm

drakefyre wrote:I dont really like comparing players , but let me know when Zoff wins a Ballon D'or.

Cool. One award. Let me know when Yashin wins as much as Zoff in any other category.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:17 pm

Bias level of italian fans is so ridiculous. i thought Barca fans were the most biased fans but you guys beat them in that aspect.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:23 pm

Meh, Maier > All, anyways.

But really, if you want goalkeepers German and Italian ones are always solid.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next