Santos refuse €32m offer by PSG for Ganso.

+6
Toffer Harley
Messi
Swanhends
Mr Nick09
Ganso
rsinatra
10 posters

Go down

Santos refuse €32m offer by PSG for Ganso. Empty Santos refuse €32m offer by PSG for Ganso.

Post by rsinatra Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:10 pm

(from http://blogdoperrone.blogosfera.uol.com.br/, translated by myself)

After offering €30m, Paris Saint-Germain increased their offer to €32m to take Paulo Henrique Ganso away from Santos. The Brazilian club rejected the offer and said that they will only negotiate the athlete after the Club World Cup in December.

Because of this condition, PSG decided to not make a new offer. The French club needed a midfielder immediately. The people who followed the negotiations state that the French negotiators were offended by the unbending attitude of Santos' president, Luís Álvaro de Oliveira Ribeiro. Obviously, foreigners are used to having the bigger say on negotiations when it comes to Brazilian clubs.

For Santos advisers, not to sell the player for less than the €50m written on his contract is a matter of honor. But the president already admits that they might have to do it in January.

At the Advisory Board, there is a thesis that releasing the athlete only for the €50m gives more room for a fight in court against DIS, the company that owns part of Ganso's rights. For this reason, the contractual penalty can not be considered economic rights. The company disagrees.

(anybody care to explain the last sentence/paragraph, if it makes any sense lol? I'm kind of ignorant on these matters).

Last edited by rsinatra on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:17 pm; edited 4 times in total
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Santos refuse €32m offer by PSG for Ganso. Empty Re: Santos refuse €32m offer by PSG for Ganso.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:12 pm

Doesn't Ganso play the same position as Godtore ?

Back to top Go down

Santos refuse €32m offer by PSG for Ganso. Empty Re: Santos refuse €32m offer by PSG for Ganso.

Post by rsinatra Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:13 pm

Sepi wrote:Doesn't Ganso play the same position as Godtore ?

Yeah he is a CAM, but you never know, maybe they'd want to play Pastore on the wing or something, or place Ganso next to him and have a RAM and a LAM, who knows.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:24 pm

I wonder if these teams will come back in January/july
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:27 pm

Ganso wrote:I wonder if these teams will come back in January/july

I think that some of them might not in try it in January, as it will be in the middle of the season in Europe.

Or are you implying something due to his current form? Form is temporary, class is permanent!! Smile
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:53 pm

No team will ever pay 50M for Ganso, they can keep dreaming.

I dont know if PSG will go back for him, specially not in January, he is too one dimensional, and Pastore will be filling his role.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:46 pm

Ganso will not go for more than Pastore
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:46 pm

:coffee:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Messi Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:12 am

Milking the cow for all its got.
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:48 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:No team will ever pay 50M for Ganso, they can keep dreaming.

I dont know if PSG will go back for him, specially not in January, ]he is too one dimensional, and Pastore will be filling his role.

Actually, we are hoping that no one will pay it, and dreaming that he'll stay.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:21 am

you know Ganso will force his way out, you will have to sell him for around 30M for whoever is willing to invest that money.

it's time for those kids to move in europe, even them have to realize that much.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:25 am

all good with neymar, but this kid is just overrated...
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:40 am

Toffer Harley wrote:all good with neymar, but this kid is just overrated...

Tell me, when did you start watching Ganso, and how many matches?

rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:40 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:you know Ganso will force his way out, you will have to sell him for around 30M for whoever is willing to invest that money.

it's time for those kids to move in europe, even them have to realize that much.

Well we did say no to 32m, I guess we can sell him for at least 35m when the time comes.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:44 am

Would be surprised if any club that matters would be willing to go that high.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:47 am

he said no because of the elections coming, there is no real urgency to sell, january isnt so far ahead.

The thing about Ganso is that you have no leverage to hustle clubs with. It's not like clubs are rushing to sign him, PSG offered that money only because of Leonardo, and now it all went to Pastore. most top clubs have their CAM position filled.

Clubs will hustle you real hard when you decide to sell, get ready. There wont be many clubs making a 30+M investment on a player that never played in Europe, specially with the FFP. The player will be pushing to move out, and clubs wont be willing to go above 30M...there is nothing you can do about it, other than lose money. look at cesc...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:55 am

I would not be surprised if Paris was trying to do a Manchester City light in the future, but with less high profile players bought for as much.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:52 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:he said no because of the elections coming, there is no real urgency to sell, january isnt so far ahead.

The thing about Ganso is that you have no leverage to hustle clubs with. It's not like clubs are rushing to sign him, PSG offered that money only because of Leonardo, and now it all went to Pastore. most top clubs have their CAM position filled.

Clubs will hustle you real hard when you decide to sell, get ready. There wont be many clubs making a 30+M investment on a player that never played in Europe, specially with the FFP. The player will be pushing to move out, and clubs wont be willing to go above 30M...there is nothing you can do about it, other than lose money. look at cesc...

You are sadly and terribly wrong about your first sentence. This is Marca talking, but I won't blame you, you are a RM fan. It's not about the election ffs, the Club World Cup title is the most important title for a club in South America, it has always been since the 60's , and Santos haven't won it since the Pelé days. It is why both Neymar and Ganso want to stay, and why Santos want to keep them. The election is irrelevant, what we want is the strongest squad possible for that tournament. And the thing is that the players will want to leave after the tournament, it's their choice, I am sure Santos would be happy to keep them. The president has said it before: "our fans are not interested in the money that comes through a transfer, they are interested in winning titles." That's why he said no, but whether you believe it or not, it doesn't matter, if you believe Marca you believe BS.

Anyway, my point is, if no one really offers a lot of money, I am sure Santos will have no problem in holding on to Ganso, and he has a contract. Now, how they will handle it is beyond me. I think he will leave , yes, but not for less than 30.. he and his agents have already been putting pressure on us since late 2010 ffs, it's been all over the news, a real fight, and the club hasn't changed a thing on the contract.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:55 pm

i dont read marca ffs.

after the CWC, or at most next summer, Ganso is leaving Brazil. It's pointless for him to stay there. he will take whatever good offer comes for him, lol, and the club will HAVE to sell, even if it's under 30M.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:13 pm

Whenever i saw Santos play, i was far more impressed with Ganso then Neymar. Both players will be world class in the future.

Whenever he comes to europe, i think he is more suited to play as a CM then a #10.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:18 pm

Blue wrote:

Whenever i saw Santos play, i was far more impressed with Ganso then Neymar. Both players will be world class in the future.

Whenever he comes to europe, i think he is more suited to play as a CM then a #10.

right? i too would rather have him on my team. but he's a #10
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:09 am

he'll go under like thiago neves Very Happy
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:18 am

well they should take this offer while they still can because ganso is awfully overrated!, he's not worth than 20m IMO, and even that is a bit much...

i'm starting to understand why galliani hasn't moved for him yet..
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:14 am

Fadi wrote:well they should take this offer while they still can because ganso is awfully overrated!, he's not worth than 20m IMO, and even that is a bit much...

i'm starting to understand why galliani hasn't moved for him yet..

Lol, once again, a knee jerk who probably only started to watch Ganso at the Copa América.

Really, don't talk about what you don't understand. People who have seen Ganso in top form know that he's much more worth than what you're saying. Galliani didn't move him because he knows AC Milan can't afford him. It's that simple, don't try to distort reality.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down