Pre-Season Predictions EDIT: 11/12 PREDICTIONS

+2
Forza
BiasedMilanFan3
6 posters

Go down

Pre-Season Predictions EDIT: 11/12 PREDICTIONS Empty Pre-Season Predictions EDIT: 11/12 PREDICTIONS

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:39 pm

Just some early predictions for Milan

Milans top 3 players
1. Zlatan Ibrahimovic
2. Mark Van Bommel
3. Thiago Silva

Milans top 3 defenders
1. Thiago Silva
2. Ignazio Abate
3. Taye Taiwo

-Though I think Thiago Silva will be our best defender again this season, I don't think he'll be able to eclispse last season's efforts (I hope i'm wrong though). Ignazio Abate is no.2 purely because of the importance of Thiago Silva's central and CB position, thus making him a more important player in the defence and better odds of being Milan's best defender next season. Other defenders such as Nesta, Yepes, Mexes and Zambrotta may not see the playing time that Taiwo will probably see, so I really don't have many other options but to pick Taiwo as no.3

Milans top 3 midfielders
1. Mark Van Bommel

2. Kevin Prince Boateng
3. Alberto Aquilani

- YES, I am tipping Alberto Aquilani to be one of our best 3 midfielders next season. I feel Milan will play Aquilani as much as possible to get to that 25 match mark so we can purchase him for the 6 mil bargain. However, I think Van Bommel will be our best midfielder, much like Seedorf, age doesn't slow him down and he is an incredibly important player for us. The fact that this impression alone is based off half a season with us, who knows what Mark can do for Milan next year. And Boateng for no.2 because of his versatility around midfield and from what we've seen in pre-season, Boateng has improved somewhat (e.g. shooting ability with his goal against Juve). I'm expecting (and predicting) a better season for Boateng next year.

Milans top 3 forwards
1. Zlatan Ibrahimovic

2. Robinho
3. Alexandre Pato

- Since I've tipped Zlatan for best Milan player next season it's PROBABLE he'll be our best attacker. The Swedish fitness freak is looking sharp as a knife in pre-season and I can't see any other Milan attacker overtaking him. Robinho is a hugely important player for our attack in regards to his ability to adapt with all the other strikers. If Robinho can cut the crap inside the penalty box, I can see him scoring scoring 15+ this season. Pato for no.3.....because.....well...... he's Pato!. Our golden boy has been hitting the gym and protein shakes in the past 18 months so I can see him being better equipped to handle the physical nature of Serie A defenders. Even though Pato seems a little to fast for his legs at times, I can't see him slowing down and I am predicting a 13-15 goal haul this season.

Best young player (23 and under)
1. Alexandre Pato

2. Stephan El Shaarawi
3. Kingsley Boateng

Best signing
1. Alberto Aquilani

2. Taye Taiwo
3. Stephan El Shaarawi
NOTE: I still have confidence that Mexes and Nocerino will get the job done for Milan and satisfy the club and it's fans.

Other predictions
  • I believe Milan will break its 5-goal curse and finally score 6 goals in the one game
    Ibrahimovic to score a hat trick this season

and uhhhhh....
  • Milan to win Serie A

Last edited by BiasedMilanFan3 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Pre-Season Predictions EDIT: 11/12 PREDICTIONS Empty Re: Pre-Season Predictions EDIT: 11/12 PREDICTIONS

Post by Forza Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:00 pm

A bit early for predictions, but I like the fact that you sort of have a justification for each of your choices.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Pre-Season Predictions EDIT: 11/12 PREDICTIONS Empty Re: Pre-Season Predictions EDIT: 11/12 PREDICTIONS

Post by Dante Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:22 pm

i don't like to bother with predictions anymore.. i just want real effort , passion and good football from Milan ,regardless of the result.

But , i ll just do one for the sake of the thread : Milan to be the most attractive Italian team this season.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by celikmilan Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:42 pm

It's gonna be exciting season.
celikmilan
celikmilan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:50 am

So we've seen the good and the bad of Milan so far, maybe we can make some educated guesses now about the season?

I'll stick with my predictions
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:32 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:Just some early predictions for Milan

Milans top 3 players
1. Zlatan Ibrahimovic
2. Thiago Silva
3. Van Bommel

Milans top 3 defenders
1. Thiago Silva
2. Ignazio Abate
3. Taye Taiwo

-Though I think Thiago Silva will be our best defender again this season, I don't think he'll be able to eclispse last season's efforts (I hope i'm wrong though). Ignazio Abate is no.2 purely because of the importance of Thiago Silva's central and CB position, thus making him a more important player in the defence and better odds of being Milan's best defender next season. Other defenders such as Nesta, Yepes, Mexes and Zambrotta may not see the playing time that Taiwo will probably see, so I really don't have many other options but to pick Taiwo as no.3

Milans top 3 midfielders
1. Mark Van Bommel

2. Kevin Prince Boateng
3. Clarence Seedorf

- YES, I am tipping Alberto Aquilani to be one of our best 3 midfielders next season. I feel Milan will play Aquilani as much as possible to get to that 25 match mark so we can purchase him for the 6 mil bargain. However, I think Van Bommel will be our best midfielder, much like Seedorf, age doesn't slow him down and he is an incredibly important player for us. The fact that this impression alone is based off half a season with us, who knows what Mark can do for Milan next year. And Boateng for no.2 because of his versatility around midfield and from what we've seen in pre-season, Boateng has improved somewhat (e.g. shooting ability with his goal against Juve). I'm expecting (and predicting) a better season for Boateng next year.

Milans top 3 forwards
1. Zlatan Ibrahimovic

2. Robinho
3. Alexandre Pato

- Since I've tipped Zlatan for best Milan player next season it's PROBABLE he'll be our best attacker. The Swedish fitness freak is looking sharp as a knife in pre-season and I can't see any other Milan attacker overtaking him. Robinho is a hugely important player for our attack in regards to his ability to adapt with all the other strikers. If Robinho can cut the crap inside the penalty box, I can see him scoring scoring 15+ this season. Pato for no.3.....because.....well...... he's Pato!. Our golden boy has been hitting the gym and protein shakes in the past 18 months so I can see him being better equipped to handle the physical nature of Serie A defenders. Even though Pato seems a little to fast for his legs at times, I can't see him slowing down and I am predicting a 13-15 goal haul this season.

Best young player (24 and under)
1. Ignazio Abate

2. Alexandre Pato
3. Stephan El Shaarawi

Best signing
1. Alberto Aquilani

2. Taye Taiwo
3. Stephan El Shaarawi
NOTE: I still have confidence that Mexes and Nocerino will get the job done for Milan and satisfy the club and it's fans.

Other predictions
  • I believe Milan will break its 5-goal curse and finally score 6 goals in the one game
    Ibrahimovic to score a hat trick this season

and uhhhhh....
  • Milan to win Serie A

My differences from your predictions are in red.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:45 am

I guess I have to finally agree that Ibra is out most important player, as for the second best its a toss up between, Binho, and Thiago Silva, we all saw the difference that Binho makes in our team, and the extra dimension he takes our game to, and Thiago Silvas' role is crucial to Milan, so i would go with:
Milans top 3 players
1. Zlatan Ibrahimovic
2. Thiago Silva
3. Binho

I still love Pato a lot, but I think its about time I accept the fact that he is not a one man show, he needs to develop in the passing area, and play making area; meaning to drop back to the midfield when needed to recieve and distribute a pass.

Milans top 3 defenders

1. Thiago Silva
2. Ignazio Abate
3. ????
I would leave this open, if you mean for this season I would put Nesta in (3) if in general and for the future, I'll leave that open.

Milans top 3 midfielders

1. Mark Van Bommel
2. Kevin Prince Boateng
3. Aqua.
If Aquillani can maintain his last performance for a long run of games, I would say he will be vital and I will draw back any bad mothing towards him, if not it mean we need atleast 2 midfielders, one to replace MvB the other to replace Aquillani.

Milans top 3 forwards
1. Zlatan Ibrahimovic
2. Robinho
3. Alexandre Pato

Without a doubt.

Best young player (23 and under)
1. Alexandre Pato
2. Stephan El Shaarawi
3. Kingsley Boateng
Totally agree for 1 and 2, as for Boateng Jr. he showed some signs but I wont rate him, I think its a bit early.

Best signing
1. Alberto Aquilani
2. Taye Taiwo
3. Stephan El Shaarawi
I got to agree again, bt I am far from happy with that.

Other Predictions:
1) Milan 10 home wins in a row.
2) 10 Clean sheets in a row
3) 14 games unbeaten.

baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down