urbaNRoots
Sri
Jay29
REWB
RealGunner
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Predictions and expectations for next season Empty Predictions and expectations for next season

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:58 pm

With the season nearly here, or i like to tell that to myself anyways Razz I thought we can do a fun/serious type of predictions for next season. Think we have done this before. i.e what position do you think we will finish in the league etc.

here are the possible things i could think of

Premier League
FA Cup
Capital one Cup
Champions League

Top scorer for Arsenal
Top Assister(if that is a word lol ) For Arsenal
Player of the season
Most improved player of the season
Best Youngster ( under the age of 21 )

Feel free to add if you can think of anything else.

Last edited by RealGunner on Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Predictions and expectations for next season Empty Re: Predictions and expectations for next season

Post by REWB Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:09 am

RealGunner wrote:With the season nearly here, or i like to tell that to myself anyways Razz I thought we can do a fun/serious type of predictions for next season. Think we have done this before. i.e what position do you think we will finish in the league etc.

here are the possible things i could think of

Premier League win
FA Cup win
Capital one Cup win
Champions League win

Top scorer for Arsenal giroud
Top Assister(if that is a word lol ) For Arsenal carzola Wink
Player of the season giroud
Most improved player of the season gibbs
Best Youngster ( under the age of 21 ) ox

Feel free to add if you can think of anything else.

its going to be an amazing season for arsenal Very Happy

Last edited by REWB on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Predictions and expectations for next season Empty Re: Predictions and expectations for next season

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:10 am

Premier League : As of now, 4th place. If we sign M'Vila/Capoue then 2nd or 3rd

FA Cup: I expect us to win it, But i am predicting a semi final at best atm

Capital one cup : hmm not really bothered but the quarter/semi as usual.

Champions League: I want us to go to the semi's this time. However Competition i really solid this year so who knows

Top scorer: Giroud. Think he will score around 15-20.
Top Assister: Tough one. Think Either of wide man will be getting most of the assists but perhaps Walcott will edge it.
Player of the season: Wilshere Razz
Most improved player of the season: Gervinho
Best youngster: hmm Obviously Oxlade lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:16 am

A lot of this depends on who we buy and sell, of course, but at the moment, my tentative expectations are:

Premier League - Top 4. At the moment, City, United and possibly Chelsea are the only squads that are stronger than ours. Spurs and Newcastle are stiff competition but I would expect to finish higher than them in the table. 3rd is obviously preferable, but 4th wouldn't be bad.

FA Cup and Capital One Cup - Quarter-finals and beyond. I never expect us to win domestic cups, because they're usually so open and you can never predict what team you'll put out and who you'll play against. I would be, however, disappointed if we didn't progress to at least the quarter-finals of either competition.

Champions League - Quarter-finals. Even if we ended up with a group of death, I would still expect us to reach the knock-outs. I think the quarter-finals is a good stage to reach. Reaching the semi's would depend a lot on who we would draw. Getting knocked out in the last 16 would be understandable if it's to a clearly better team.

Top Goalscorer - Olivier Giroud. I genuinely think he will shine for us and in the Premier League.

Most Assists - Walcott or Song. Walcott will have a great target in Giroud and he's been up there in the assists chart the last couple of seasons. If Song replicates his form of last year, it's hard to see him not getting a fair few as well.

Player of the Season - Giroud/Walcott/Song/Koscielny. I think those four would be the most likely, by virtue of scoring a lot of providing a lot or just being a boss in general. I would say Wilshere, too, but I don't know how he'll be when he comes back.

Most Improved Player - Szczesny and/or Gervinho. Szczesny was decent but made mistakes last season. I think he'll cut most of the mistakes out and look a better keeper next season. As for Gervinho, I think he might find more consistency now that he's had a year to adapt, although the AFCON won't help him.

Best Youngster - Jenkinson, Coquelin, Chamberlain and/or Wilshere. Jenkinson will surprise a few people, in my opinion. Coquelin and Chamberlain will thrive with time on the pitch, and Wilshere's there on account of him being Wilshere.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:23 am

No love for Podolski? Razz Vermalen?

I will reserve my expectations till the transfer window is closed and we have a settled squad.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:23 am

It's a bit too early but whatever if nothing changes at Arsenal and other clubs I'm predicting this:

Premier League: 3rd
FA Cup: 1st
Capital one Cup: Don't care
Champions League: Quarter finals

Top scorer: Giroud
Top Assister: Gervinho
Player of the season: Koscielny
Most improved: Gervinho
Best Youngster: Wilshere

As you can see I have high expectations for Gervinho and Wilshere especially Gervinho, hope he doesn't disappoint.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:35 am

srigooner wrote:No love for Podolski? Razz Vermalen?

I will reserve my expectations till the transfer window is closed and we have a settled squad.

I think Podolski will do well but I'm not sure how well he will adapt from playing centrally and being the main man at Cologne to a left winger and not quite as important at Arsenal.

Vermaelen showed last season he's not quite as infallible as many used to believe. I've actually seen a healthy amount of doubt about whether Vermaelen is actually that good. Certainly, the majority believe Koscielny to be better (and I agree with that assessment, too). Despite being vice-captain and well-liked, he still has to prove if he really is the defender we all thought he would be.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:36 am

I think podolski will be an important player but he won't excel in terms of best player for us or top scorer

I can see him scoring 10-15 goals while assisting around 10 as well. Don't forget he will be in competition for the LW spot against Gervinho and even Oxlade. So a lot of rotation

Agree with Jay about Vermaelen thing. If Koscielny-Mertesacker is working well in some games, there is no point in breaking that. For example.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:07 am

Premier League top 5

FA Quarter finals

Capital one Cup lose

Champions League Quarter finals

Top scorer Podolski or Giroud

Most assists Dibay

Player of the season Vermalen

Most improved player of the season Ramsey

Best Youngster ( under the age of 21 ) Oxlade

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:53 pm

I'll reserve my entries for such a thread until the day before the new league season, or until September 1st, when window has shut.

Great idea though RG. Smile
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:44 pm

Premier League win
FA Cup semis
Capital one Cup quaters
Champions League semis

Top scorer for Arsenal van persie
Top Assister walcott
Player of the season van persie
Most improved player of the season gibbs
Best Youngster ( under the age of 21) wilshire

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:28 am

Premier League - 2nd (above United)
FA Cup - final
Capital one Cup - semi
Champions League - semi
Top scorer for Arsenal - Giroud
Top Assister(if that is a word lol) For Arsenal - Gervinho
Player of the season - Vermaelen
Most improved player of the season - Gervinho
Best Youngster ( under the age of 21 ) - Chamberlain
not much expectations.. Expect the worst.. So you wont be disappointed..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:53 am

Premier League -->1st
FA Cup --> Semi
Capital one Cup -->Still dont care
Champions League--> Semi

Top scorer for Arsenal --> Giroud
Top Assister(if that is a word lol ) For Arsenal ---> Song
Player of the season ---> Arteta
Most improved player of the season --->Gervias
Best Youngster ( under the age of 21 ) ---> Ox
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:18 pm

If RVP gets the money he wants we will win the league, with out him best bet is top 5 imo.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:43 pm

weird feeling about Jenkinson
I believe in him but again putting too much pressure on him wont do him any good
expectations and prediction same as Jay Thumbs up
Godolski to silence some doubters as wellPredictions and expectations for next season Mike110
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:34 am

If diaby stays injury free , we don't need mvila or capoue

But diaby won't

The fact is Mvila will cost us at least 20-25 m . are we going to pay that much ?? Capoue is also a good option but i'll try him as LB if he is to come
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:18 pm

LOL @ REWB :bow: ...............btw what the hell is wrong with SOME of u guys !...we signed so many pl.till now and still predicting 2nd,3rd even 5th position in P.L ..are u drunken guys.....why if RVP thinks just like u then...a a a ? why are u blamin him then...u have "no winner mentality" just like arsenal !loool.....I'm not trying 2offend anyone...i'm just shocked about u'r expectations...how many pl.Arsenal should sign 2win Premier League or even CL then? tell me. Evil or Very Mad
Well... sorry guys being a bit"harsh "in a way...but we could never win a trophy with the Lack of" W.mentality"...Wake up MY Arsenal...it's 5:28 Pm right now(local time) loool

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:40 pm

Yeah, RG we usually do this every year before the start of the season.

Though I think it's too early for this. So like Sam i'll come back to this on the 1st of September.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:29 pm

@boss !LOL

My priority: Premier League >Win n Champions League > ChampionS. Enough!
Fa n Capital 1....thanks !

Top scorer for Arsenal .....Giroud
Top As\brother(if that is a word lol ) For Arsenal....Podolski !Song
Player of the season......Vermaelen\Kos
Most improved player of the season .....Gibboss ,Coquelin,Wilshere,
Best Youngster ( under the age of 21 )....AoC \Coquelin...Ryo !

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:13 pm

This is very interesting, but I think I'll wait. I still don't know what formation we're going to play, where each player will be playing, who the starters will be, who will leave and who will be bought. Even if I assume the current squad remains as it is, I don't know how we're going to set-up our system and that makes all the difference.

I am quite optimistic about next season though
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:28 pm

Bro Miyaichi : Best youngster.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:48 am

We would win either an fa cup or EPL

aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:52 pm

I predict Spurs will finish above Arsenal.

B-b-b-bring it Arsenallll Afro
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:59 pm

why have you still got modric as your avatar when he's a madrid player?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:01 pm

REWB wrote:why have you still got modric as your avatar when he's a madrid player?

Still a Tottenham player so until he actually moves Modric stays where he is. He's acting like a douche now though :facepalm: might have to change the avatar early.

Let's not get this off topic though: I actually see Arsenal winning one of the Mickey mouse cups this year. I'm not so sure about your top 4 chances though, but Arsenal always end up fine somehow so I guess I should expect it (top 4) even if RVP leaves.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next