juve_gigi
eddy
tareks
The Nature Boy
The_ItalianFool
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anyone notice this? Empty Anyone notice this?

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:52 pm

Last game, Krasic had the ball in front of the keeper one on one from the right, inside of the box. He missed this shot, it went wide.

3 games ago, Pepe had the same exact shot, and he scored.

Just wanted to point this out; Krasic is out of form so Pepe has deserved every minute he has played so far. And Conte was right to leave Pepe in last game.

The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Anyone notice this? Empty Re: Anyone notice this?

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:56 pm

i can say that about every shot any player has ever made/missed... it doesnt work that way.

there is no secret that Krasic is out of form and his drastically less talented understudy is in much better form at the moment. Its not about understanding that, its about being pissed off that a player of pepe's calibre is the backup.

For example, no one would be happy if the only backup we had was amauri (for matri) and when he was called upon he actually scored... its not the player and what he does/doesnt do, its the level you can expect from him, as a backup, that is the reason for why ppl are unhappy about him palying.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:59 pm

king_alex10 wrote:i can say that about every shot any player has ever made/missed... it doesnt work that way.

there is no secret that Krasic is out of form and his drastically less talented understudy is in much better form at the moment. Its not about understanding that, its about being pissed off that a player of pepe's calibre is the backup.

For example, no one would be happy if the only backup we had was amauri (for matri) and when he was called upon he actually scored... its not the player and what he does/doesnt do, its the level you can expect from him, as a backup, that is the reason for why ppl are unhappy about him palying.

I'm a little confused....So are you saying Pepe is not a good enough back up? Suspect
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tareks Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:22 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:Last game, Krasic had the ball in front of the keeper one on one from the right, inside of the box. He missed this shot, it went wide.

Just wanted to point this out; Krasic is out of form so Pepe has deserved every minute he has played so far. And Conte was right to leave Pepe in last game.

Great point,I forgot to mention it,& I remember how when Pepe scored that goal,many started to say that it's a simple & so easy goal,& he doesn't get any credit for it,then now,when Krasic missed that shot it's just "ok it happens", moreover when Krasic get the ball out of pitch or did a wrong cross also it's just "it's ok he's not 100%fit,& he was AMAZING" scratch
tareks
tareks
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:25 pm

tareks wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:Last game, Krasic had the ball in front of the keeper one on one from the right, inside of the box. He missed this shot, it went wide.

Great point,I forgot to mention it,& I remember how when Pepe scored that goal,many started to say that it's a simple & so easy goal,& he doesn't get any credit for it,then now,when Krasic missed that shot it's just "ok it happens", moreover when Krasic get the ball out of pitch or did a wrong cross also it's just "it's ok he's not 100%fit,& he was AMAZING" scratch

This is what I was trying to get at. +1. People are very biased for Krasic and against Pepe...even to the point where they applaud Krasic even tho he missed the same shot that Pepe hardly got credit for.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:25 pm

sorry it was no exacly the same spot and Krasic hit the bar that isnt about form or anything was just bad luck.

eddy
eddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Check it out....

Pepe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ArulMgsd70

Krasic (1:42): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqIRM179oug

The only difference is that Krasic was closer....
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:32 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:
king_alex10 wrote:i can say that about every shot any player has ever made/missed... it doesnt work that way.

I'm a little confused....So are you saying Pepe is not a good enough back up? Suspect

for the record, i like having pepe on the team

i am saying that people get pissed off when pepe gets playing time over Krasic bc of the quality (not work eithic or anything else) drop-off between the 2 players. Like I said with Matri and Amauri... wont matter if Amauri scores in eveery game while Matri is injured, ppl will still hate him.

With Krasic u get flair, speed, dangerous play for defenders, he is a quality player. With pepe you get hard work. You dont get much mroe than that. For me it is fine: I dont really care who is playing, nor do I care where they play... if we win, we win. E basta. Im just trying to explain to you why I think ppl are reluctant to admit that pepe can do a servicable job
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:33 pm

And to me it doesnt really matter that he his the post....

The way he shot it, it was always curving out wide. PLUS, he also could have passed.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:38 pm

king_alex10 wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:

i am saying that people get pissed off when pepe gets playing time over Krasic bc of the quality (not work eithic or anything else) drop-off between the 2 players. Like I said with Matri and Amauri... wont matter if Amauri scores in eveery game while Matri is injured, ppl will still hate him.

With Krasic u get flair, speed, dangerous play for defenders, he is a quality player. With pepe you get hard work. You dont get much mroe than that. For me it is fine: I dont really care who is playing, nor do I care where they play... if we win, we win. E basta. Im just trying to explain to you why I think ppl are reluctant to admit that pepe can do a servicable job

Oh then I agree with you and I understand it... I just think its wrong.

What I am trying to do is to get people to appreciate the fact that he is a bench player but he is also doing a great job stepping in for an out of form and out of shape Krasic. What's the point of hating on him? ESPECIALLY when we are winning and he hasnt made any significant errors.... On the contrary he is helping the team...
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:40 pm

agreed.

Like i said, it could be anyone scoring/playing well over whoever. If that is the wya it goes then so be it. Krasic is a good palyer but if he is a great player he will not let this unsettle him and he will come back better than before.

the headless chicken is actually doing a good job. The ebst aprt is, he wont cry when he gets put back on the bench
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:42 pm

Exactly man, and thats what makes him such a great person to have on our team. No matter what position he is in, even in the reserves i bet he will give his all.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tareks Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:44 pm

king_alex10 wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:

That's the BIAS at it's best!If you're a true Juve fan(not a Matri or any other single player fan) you would love any striker that would scores,any defender that would blocks any attempt,any winger that would crosses & passes & dribbles well..So for me,if on Sunday,Amauri gets on the pitch & scores then I would love him coz he simply helped the team(although I know it won't happen:P)
tareks
tareks
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:48 pm

tareks wrote:
king_alex10 wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:

That's the BIAS at it's best!If you're a true Juve fan(not a Matri or any other single player fan) you would love any striker that would scores,any defender that would blocks any attempt,any winger that would crosses & passes & dribbles well..So for me,if on Sunday,Amauri gets on the pitch & scores then I would love him coz he simply helped the team(although I know it won't happen:P)

This is a good view in my opinion as well.

SIDE NOTE: I dont think I can ever love Amauri as a player again, especially after refusing to leave or lower his pay. BUT, that being said, if he is called upon I will support him during the game and if he scores I will be happy for him and for our team.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:51 pm

tareks wrote:
king_alex10 wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:

I agree. Iw as just using it as an example bc no one likes Amauri. Whatever anyone does, if it results in 3 points, a comeback tie/win... I dont care who or what happend
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Yes, Krasic is out of form at the moment. Maybe it's an inury, maybe it is because he has a lingering headache from all the yelling Conte has done to him, who knows.

So the question is should Pepe actually be starting right now over Krasic? Well, based on current form the answer is probably yes. However, just because Krasic misses his shot and Pepe scores his, doesn't mean that Pepe should be the automatic starter.

We paid 15m for Krasic and last year, at least in the first half of the season, he showed he can be a top player, maybe even world class, in terms of his speed, crossing and overall play. He is now somewhat injured, maybe rusty, and somewhat out of form. Pepe is Pepe, what you see is what you get. A decent backup, but definitely not someone you can rely on game in and game out to play at a high level. At some point you have to go with your horses, that is Krasic. He is the guy based on past history that is going to give you the best chance to win. So you just can't sit him out because Pepe is doing his job. At some point you have to give Krasic the chance to regain his form and regain his confidence. If Peyton Manning throws 5 interceptions do you sit him out the next game and play the backup? If he's injured sure. But if he's fit you play him cause you know he just had a bad game and he is the horse that is going to take you to the promised land.

As for Giaccherini, why is he even playing? He has done nothing to deserve to be in the lineup, at least Pepe has played like Pepe and is doing his job. Giaccherini hasn't even done that. Elia should be the starter next game, no questions asked. The guy hasn't even played in a real game, so how can you just not play him? Because he doesn't speak Italian? I call BS on that one. Lots of guys don't speak Italian that play in Serie A, they just follow the play and use hand gestures. I see it all the time.

I am happy that we are tied for first place. Kudos to Conte, Marotta and Agnelli. But I also want us to have the best chance to win every game, and that can only happen if you play your best players. And if some of those best players are out of form like Krasic, well then the only way for them to get back in form is to play, not sit on the bench and get yelled at...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:55 pm

juve_gigi wrote:

Yes, Krasic is out of form at the moment. Maybe it's an inury, maybe it is because he has a lingering headache from all the yelling Conte has done to him, who knows.

So the question is should Pepe actually be starting right now over Krasic? Well, based on current form the answer is probably yes. However, just because Krasic misses his shot and Pepe scores his, doesn't mean that Pepe should be the automatic starter.

We paid 15m for Krasic and last year, at least in the first half of the season, he showed he can be a top player, maybe even world class, in terms of his speed, crossing and overall play. He is now somewhat injured, maybe rusty, and somewhat out of form. Pepe is Pepe, what you see is what you get. A decent backup, but definitely not someone you can rely on game in and game out to play at a high level. At some point you have to go with your horses, that is Krasic. He is the guy based on past history that is going to give you the best chance to win. So you just can't sit him out because Pepe is doing his job. At some point you have to give Krasic the chance to regain his form and regain his confidence. If Peyton Manning throws 5 interceptions do you sit him out the next game and play the backup? If he's injured sure. But if he's fit you play him cause you know he just had a bad game and he is the horse that is going to take you to the promised land.

As for Giaccherini, why is he even playing? He has done nothing to deserve to be in the lineup, at least Pepe has played like Pepe and is doing his job. Giaccherini hasn't even done that. Elia should be the starter next game, no questions asked. The guy hasn't even played in a real game, so how can you just not play him? Because he doesn't speak Italian? I call BS on that one. Lots of guys don't speak Italian that play in Serie A, they just follow the play and use hand gestures. I see it all the time.

I am happy that we are tied for first place. Kudos to Conte, Marotta and Agnelli. But I also want us to have the best chance to win every game, and that can only happen if you play your best players. And if some of those best players are out of form like Krasic, well then the only way for them to get back in form is to play, not sit on the bench and get yelled at...

I never suggested Pepe should be given the starting spot; only that right now he deserves it.

Giaccherini puts in a good shift, and he is only there temporarily until Elia is ready to be injected to the tema. he isnt ready to be injected into the team because we havent even gotten Krasic and Vidal in, so Elia must wait. You cant change everything at once because then the whole balance and chemistry will go out the window.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:59 pm

agreed, Pino, but only somewhat.

If Payton Manning throws 5 picks because hes ruisty coming abck from an injury and then never gets back to his best level, its time to look at alternatives as to who or what will gie you the best chance to win. While I Love Krasic and want him to start over pepe, if for whatever reason he is no longer the same player, ppl are just going to ahve to live with the fact that Pepe stepped it up and took his place. (NOTE TO ALL: please re-read that last line before flaming me... im not saying it has and will happen, just posing a hypothetical situation).

As for Giaccherini. I agree. He had 2 games as a starter and did nothing. Time for Estigarribia or Elia to get a start on the Left with Pepe on the right. Krasic in at half
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:06 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:

I never suggested Pepe should be given the starting spot; only that right now he deserves it.

Giaccherini puts in a good shift, and he is only there temporarily until Elia is ready to be injected to the tema. he isnt ready to be injected into the team because we havent even gotten Krasic and Vidal in, so Elia must wait. You cant change everything at once because then the whole balance and chemistry will go out the window.

Yes, I understand you point. Pepe is doing his job. He is not a liability on defense and he can carry the ball and make a play. But he is not a starter, not on Juventus or any other top club. Maybe a mid table team, but not on a team who has aspirations of making the top 3.

If Pepe deserves to start, then how do you get Krasic into the lineup? He can't get back into form of he just sits on the bench. He has to play. And he did play yesterday, so I am sure Conte realizes this. Hopefully he gets the start next game as well, and if he is off form then I have no problems with subbing him for Pepe. But there is not reason why Elia, or even Quags should be on the bench next gaem and Pepe or Giaccherini starting. These guys practice very day, so I am sure Elia and Quags have had enoug practice time to be able to get into the starting lineup and not disrupt the chemistry. As for Vidal, Conte favours Marchisio and he plays a 4-2-4, so there is no room for him at the monent. He will always be comng off the bench unless Conte switches to A 4-3-3.

I want to see both Elia and Krasic in next game. And Esti should be a sub as well as Quags. That way these guys can have some playing time before our big encounter with Milan. They have ridden the bench long enough and we need to get them playing time...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:09 pm

I dont think any of us are able to say that Quag, Esti, or Elia should start. We dont see them in training.....

And agian, I dont think Pepe should get the automatic start. I think that Conte is smart enough to see improvement in Krasic's game during training and sub appearance to know when its right to bring him back into the full swing of things.

Why rush it when we are winning? We rushed Diego and look what happened in the long run...
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:10 pm

king_alex10 wrote:agreed, Pino, but only somewhat.

If Payton Manning throws 5 picks because hes ruisty coming abck from an injury and then never gets back to his best level, its time to look at alternatives as to who or what will gie you the best chance to win. While I Love Krasic and want him to start over pepe, if for whatever reason he is no longer the same player, ppl are just going to ahve to live with the fact that Pepe stepped it up and took his place. (NOTE TO ALL: please re-read that last line before flaming me... im not saying it has and will happen, just posing a hypothetical situation).

As for Giaccherini. I agree. He had 2 games as a starter and did nothing. Time for Estigarribia or Elia to get a start on the Left with Pepe on the right. Krasic in at half

Agreed Aldo, but I don't think we have seen enough of Krasic to say that Pepe should be starting over him. He has only played 60 minutes in 3 total games. That is not enough to judge. Krasic has to start next game. If he sucks, then I have no problem with Pepe coming in. Then you need to make a decision for the Milan game. But at the very least Krasic has to start next game so we can see if there really is a problem or if it is just rust...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:12 pm

juve_gigi wrote:

Agreed Aldo, but I don't think we have seen enough of Krasic to say that Pepe should be starting over him. He has only played 60 minutes in 3 total games. That is not enough to judge. Krasic has to start next game. If he sucks, then I have no problem with Pepe coming in. Then you need to make a decision for the Milan game. But at the very least Krasic has to start next game so we can see if there really is a problem or if it is just rust...

See, to me this is the difference. Conte is protecting Krasic by slowly bringing him back into the frey.

You just want to toss him in the fire, and if he fails take him out.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:14 pm

I support what Conte does to KRasic and Elia and the team ......

Krasic gets more and more tiem every single game in order to get inform until he gets inform Pepe is great on the field ... When krasic is inform even Pepe himself said that he doesn't mind being sub to inform Krasic because he is amazing .....

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:14 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:I dont think any of us are able to say that Quag, Esti, or Elia should start. We dont see them in training.....

And agian, I dont think Pepe should get the automatic start. I think that Conte is smart enough to see improvement in Krasic's game during training and sub appearance to know when its right to bring him back into the full swing of things.

Why rush it when we are winning? We rushed Diego and look what happened in the long run...

Yes Fab, none of us know what goes on in practice, so at this point we can only speculate. I'm sure Conte has a plan. So I guess all we can do is let him do his job and see if that plan works. If it fails, then he will take the blame, especially if he is continuing to sit players that we paid millions to sign, i.e. Krasic, Elia and Quags.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:21 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:

See, to me this is the difference. Conte is protecting Krasic by slowly bringing him back into the frey.

You just want to toss him in the fire, and if he fails take him out.

Well I want us to be able to play our best players against Milan and everyone knows that Krasic on form is better than Pepe. So if you don't start Krasic next game then when do you start him? Against Milan? I would rather start Krasic against Catania to see if there is a problem then wait until the Milan game. And how is Conte protecting Krasic by not playing him? Krasic can never recover his form unless he plays in the games, so benching him to protect him isn't gonna work IMHO. It is only going to make him lose confidence. If he loses confidence because he's not playing, then we have a bigger problem, because then Pepe becomes our starter and Krasic would have to be sold at an inferior price because he is not playing and we wouldn't be able to get top dollar for him.

Now if Krasic plays and he sucks, then yeah we won't get top dollar for him anyways, but at least we can see if it is worth it to keep him. Just having him ride the bench because he is out of form doesn't make alot of sense to me. I think it will lead to bigger problems. But that is just my opinion and I could be wrong.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next