The Messiah
Seppuku
Sushi Master
Lex
FC_Hollywood
37 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Manuel Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world - Page 4 Empty Re: Manuel Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world

Post by The Messiah Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:08 am

Zealous wrote:Wow I kinda want to see it now LOL

Copy the link and type it on google

just saw it and it's awesome

The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Manuel Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world - Page 4 Empty Re: Manuel Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world

Post by The Messiah Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:09 am

izzy26 wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
izzy26 wrote:Anyway, Neuer is overrated imho. Really Overrated.

Another invader...

Boo fricking Hoo. I think he is overrated. Got a problem?

I have my reasons for thinking that as well, i'm not just going to sprout around crap to get a reaction and leave.

No disrespect, But I think the invading should end now.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:11 am

Idrisozet wrote:
izzy26 wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:

Another invader...

I have my reasons for thinking that as well, i'm not just going to sprout around crap to get a reaction and leave.

I ain't invading anything, I haven't disrespected Neuer or anyone else in this thread.

I just think he is really overrated.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:19 am

Haha just saw the gif. It was glorious.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:20 am

Ok I accept that It was foolish to say that Buffon had no Iconic saves , but this entire post was an emotional one.

Do you not understand the term "string of games."Yes I believe Buffon has not been able to put in a fair amount of successive games since the the world Cup.
Forgive if I did not watch Serie B , so i guess the phrase , at the highest level , will allow you to understand this statement.The closest he came to anything good was his 4 games at Euro 2008.

The point I was trying to make is that people don't appreciate the influence that the brilliant defence of Juventus had on Buffons career. And I believe that in that lies the root cause as to why you guys feel , that Buffon is better than Casillas.

I will not deny thst casillas has surpassed Casillas atm in terms of consistency.

As for your comments: anyone can respond Buffon is a legend but he is just overrated by people like you and the debate will go on and on.There is a great case that can be made for both arguments.

I just read over what you wrote about Ceasar , and realise that it was an overall comment not specifically directed at Casillas.I feel tho that it implies something that simply isn't true , that Ceasar or anyone else would be just as dearly appreciated by Real Madrid/Spain fans if he played for us. He wouldn't.

P.S. Spain have dominated posession for 2 years. Casillas has played for 9 . Before Euro 2008 the defence was an absolute mess.Anywhere I wholeheartedly disagree with the statement that Casillas had less saves to make unless it refers to WC 2010 only.

As for the mistakes In the world cup.He conceeded 2 goals and Buffon conceeded 2 goals. They both made Iconic saves and saved their teams.It would be useless to say one's performance was better than the other.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:20 am

izzy26 wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
izzy26 wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:

Another invader...

I ain't invading anything, I haven't disrespected Neuer or anyone else in this thread.

I just think he is really overrated.

O.K Neuer is over-rated, we accept, invading close, go back home.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:23 am

:study:

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:24 am

zarola wrote:
Zealous wrote:Look Buffon is a legend I've said as much but really it all comes back to what I said in my last post. What does he really have on Casillas besides looking like he is in more control?
Consistent big game performances. For example, World cup 2006, zero errors. Casillas, fumbling the ball left and right, recovering... as we both agree, but then also having one costly vs. Switzerland. Casillas has also made errors in big games, he gets chipped a lot which is really embarassing as a keeper, and he is subject in error in big games. Buffon also had ridiculous reaction time, the save vs. Zidane in the finals which everyone in the stadium thought was going in, the double save vs. czech republic (mind you casillas didn't have as much saves to make in the WC, Spain had possession a lot).

Casillas sometimes makes things harder than they really are but all in all that just adds to his charm.
relevant in response to my post, irrelevant in terms of proving a point

As for his "almost mistakes" does it matter? It gets the job done and since like you said his recovery is great in the end he just comes off looking better for it to some.
Yes screwing up in big games matter and yes putting more pressure on your defenders matters.

If saying Buffon is the best ever is not ridiculous to you then saying Iker is the best ever is not ridiculous to me. Funny how that works.
Not funny at all. That's like me saying Luca Toni was better than Messi is now because Luca Toni is Italian.

WTF how was it costly? Did I miss something or did Spain not win the world cup.

And once again you make it seem as if comparing Buffon to Casillas is like comparing Messi to Luca Toni.I don't see how nationality has anything to do with Zealous post.

If Buffon can be considered the best ever , so can Iker.Apparently Luca Toni was the best striker in the world for 4-5 years.

Last edited by ragbirjosh on Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:25 am

So Izzy, he is overrated just because you say so.

It seems I went on all this tirade to no effect.

Oh well, the whole Madrid, Barca, Milan, Juve, Inter, MU, MC, pool, Chelsea teams are overrated because I say so.

Arsenal are not since no one rates them.

Titus Bramble could walk into any of those teams at ANY position at any time. Hell, Amauri can play better than all of them combined with on leg tied behind his back. YES, his leg.

And I don't have any facts or arguments to back what I am saying but I have this really good picture proving my point, which incidentally shows off my sentiment on this debate:

Manuel Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world - Page 4 Us+of+a+SLR+011
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:32 am

Lord Spencer wrote:So Izzy, he is overrated just because you say so.

Oh well, the whole Madrid, Barca, Milan, Juve, Inter, MU, MC, pool, Chelsea teams are overrated because I say so.

Titus Bramble could walk into any of those teams at ANY position at any time. Hell, Amauri can play better than all of them combined with on leg tied behind his back. YES, his leg.

And I don't have any facts or arguments to back what I am saying but I have this really good picture proving my point, which incidentally shows off my sentiment on this debate:

I totally get your point.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:36 am

That is a pretty good picture.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:44 am

That's fantastic. Now show me the post I made where I said he is overrated because I SAY SO? I want to see it. Take as long as you need.

It's MY OPINION and i'm not forcing it on anyone. But I'll give you the reason. I think he is overrated in sense of 'How good he actually is and how he ranks to others.' In his first season at a major european club and he is already being compared to the some of the modern greats and we are in OCTOBER.

No doubt he has the potential, and he might go on to achieve great things in his career, but as right now to put him up there on that pedastal that Iker and Buffon have worked their whole career to achieve is a joke. How about we give him a couple of seasons at Bayern to let him show us what he truly is made of instead of already proclaiming as better than some of the legends of the game.

That's where I think he is overrated. Not his abilty because he has that in abundance, but how people are potraying him.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:47 am

Basically how I feel about this as well ^^^
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:49 am

izzy26 wrote:

That's fantastic. Now show me the post I made where I said he is overrated because I SAY SO? I want to see it. Take as long as you need.

It's MY OPINION and i'm not forcing it on anyone. But I'll give you the reason. I think he is overrated in sense of 'How good he actually is and how he ranks to others.' In his first season at a major european club and he is already being compared to the some of the modern greats and we are in OCTOBER.

No doubt he has the potential, and he might go on to achieve great things in his career, but as right now to put him up there on that pedastal that Iker and Buffon have worked their whole career to achieve is a joke. How about we give him a couple of seasons at Bayern to let him show us what he truly is made of instead of already proclaiming as better than some of the legends of the game.

That's where I think he is overrated. Not his abilty because he has that in abundance, but how people are potraying him.

You cam in and gave your opinion which you are entitled to without explaining it, you got challenged, and you just reinstated your opinion, again without backing it up.

By doing so, you make it as if the opinion is true because you say so.

Now, you show us how smart and well thought out your opinion is, why not do that from the start since you are such a smart poster?
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:49 am

izzy26 wrote:

The question you should ask yourself is

even if Neuer played in Schalke through-out his career does it stop him from being a great goalkeeper.

He was still going to be German first choice goalkeeper

Last edited by Idrisozet on Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:50 am

Lord Spencer wrote:http://chzichcafterdark.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/funny-pictures-roflrazzi-after-dark-i-dont-give-a-*bleep*.gif
Tinyurl is your friend in such cases: http://tinyurl.com/3p2v6c4

Last edited by rwo power on Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:51 am

rwo power wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:http://chzichcafterdark.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/funny-pictures-roflrazzi-after-dark-i-dont-give-a-*bleep*.gif
Tinyurl is your friend in such cases: http://tinyurl.com/3p2v6c4

Manuel Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world - Page 4 3p2v6c4

If the Admin see's this, You'll a get warning. that mean before tomorrow your warning level will be down to 75
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:59 am

I'm I an In"Vader"?

Manuel Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world - Page 4 9341957
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:01 am

izzy26 wrote:It's MY OPINION and i'm not forcing it on anyone. But I'll give you the reason. I think he is overrated in sense of 'How good he actually is and how he ranks to others.' In his first season at a major european club and he is already being compared to the some of the modern greats and we are in OCTOBER
Well, for people who follow the Bundesliga, he is highly rated at least since he was chosen as best Bundesliga Goalkeeper in 2007. And due to the fact that Schalke's defense often was rather dubious, he had to bail them out time after time. Now at Bayern, he actually had less chances to show his class so far as he now plays behind a much stronger defense.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:03 am

Bayern fans were saying Kraft was as good as Neuer last year, true story.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:04 am

Neuer's kinda overrated by some, IMO.

Has a lot of reflexes but I find him suseptible to making mistakes.

I'd wait a little longer to see if he's the real deal.

I harbor a similar opinion on Guiata and Lloris.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:04 am

He is the best in the world atm.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:05 am

Zealous wrote:Bayern fans were saying Kraft was as good as Neuer last year, true story.
Well, I won't go into details about what I think of the Bayern Ultras XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:10 am

Yeah LOL xD
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:13 am

Zealous wrote:Bayern fans were saying Kraft was as good as Neuer last year, true story.

But Kraft is clearly not as good as Neuer, those Are Bayern Ultras
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:52 pm

izzy26 wrote:

What on earth does it need how many years he has played for a major european club to say on Current form he is the best goal keeper in the world.

No one is saying he is a bigger legend than Casillas or Buffon but on CURRENT FORM he is better than Casillas.
Its similar to waht Madrid fans said last year how Ozil is in better form than Iniesta or Xavi.

There is nothing wrong with anyone portraying him its just that some Madrid fans get way too defensive about Casillas and want to interpret them as they want so as to derail to the thread.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next