The Messiah
Seppuku
Sushi Master
Lex
FC_Hollywood
37 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Manuel Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world - Page 3 Empty Re: Manuel Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world

Post by The Messiah Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:34 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Krul > Neuer,Buffon and Casillas In my unbiased and very honest opinion.

PROVE IT MOLE, PROVE IT....

We have the best defence in the PL(statistically) because of him, we have conceded 3 goals all season with two of the worse fullbacks of all time in our team :coffee:

And if this doesnt sway you :coffee:

Video says world number 1 and headlines are facts :coffee:

Say's The New Van der Sar and Van Der Sar was better than all the goalkeepers your argueing about :coffee:

Motm performance away to Palermo at age of 16 :coffee:

Save of the season and as i said before headlines are facts :coffee:

Krul > Any Gk in history, the facts are there :coffee:

You have a point there Mole, thanks for bringing Krul to my attention.

At least one can not say someone is lying when they haven't even spoken.

I haven't seen much of Krul so I can't really rate him.

The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Manuel Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world - Page 3 Empty Re: Manuel Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:35 am

white_star wrote:Ok ok the bayern overrating has to stop, lately its been too much either you guys are trolling or really bias!!! Bayern havnt done anything lately to justify your bias, they aren't even the champions of your league!!
Actually Neuer didn't play for Bayern last season. Last season Neuer was still at Schalke where he showed some real master class games.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:36 am

The GK has a very big responsibility in organizing the defense, and here is where Iker's greatest weakness is.

Frankly, Madrid's defense was never as bad as their fans seem to think it is, but Iker was not as good as organizing them as keepers like Buffon do. Which is why Iker needs to rely more on his super abilities because he can't organize the defense well enough. Buffon in the other hand is a master at organizing the defense which is why he will never have to make as many super saves as Iker, his leadership neutralizes the threat before it begins. This is why truly great keepers are remembered.

I do think Iker has a stronger saving skill than Buffon, but in all other areas related to Goal Keeping, Superman is superior.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:36 am

white_star wrote:Ok ok the bayern overrating has to stop, lately its been too much either you guys are trolling or really bias!!! Bayern havnt done anything lately to justify your bias, they aren't even the champions of your league!!

Back on topic. Neuer is a great young goalkeeper!!! But he is not the best or best ever atleast not yet, let him play for a legit cl contender!! Remember he will never be highly rated if Bayern dont win CL or germany winning anything!

Bayern has got nothing to do with this, maybe you're just butthurt because Bayern possess a great team.

The topic is about Neuer and most of his performance was when his was still playing for Schalke or German National team.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:38 am

Zealous wrote:Look Buffon is a legend I've said as much but really it all comes back to what I said in my last post. What does he really have on Casillas besides looking like he is in more control?
Consistent big game performances. For example, World cup 2006, zero errors. Casillas, fumbling the ball left and right, recovering... as we both agree, but then also having one costly vs. Switzerland. Casillas has also made errors in big games, he gets chipped a lot which is really embarassing as a keeper, and he is subject in error in big games. Buffon also had ridiculous reaction time, the save vs. Zidane in the finals which everyone in the stadium thought was going in, the double save vs. czech republic (mind you casillas didn't have as much saves to make in the WC, Spain had possession a lot).

Casillas sometimes makes things harder than they really are but all in all that just adds to his charm.
relevant in response to my post, irrelevant in terms of proving a point

As for his "almost mistakes" does it matter? It gets the job done and since like you said his recovery is great in the end he just comes off looking better for it to some.
Yes screwing up in big games matter and yes putting more pressure on your defenders matters.

If saying Buffon is the best ever is not ridiculous to you then saying Iker is the best ever is not ridiculous to me. Funny how that works.
Not funny at all. That's like me saying Luca Toni was better than Messi is now because Luca Toni is Italian.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:39 am

zarola wrote:
Zealous wrote:Oh God there is just no winning with Neuer/Buffon fan boys.

Never mind Iker has done and won more in his career than both of these two combined.

All these guys are great so whatever.

Casillas.

Nice guy.
Great saves.
=/= best keeper ever.

best keeper ever doesn't make mistakes left and right. best in 2010 you say? I say look @ the goal vs. switzerland in WC... buffon made no mistakes at the world cup, ZERO. And he made saves even better than casillas.

honestly it's people like you that made me hate casillas at one point and underrate him. you guys overrated him so freaking much it's not even funny, he's not buffon, he's not even neuer, get over it.... if julio cesar were spain's/real madrid's keeper you'd call him better than buffon... it has nothing to do with the player's ability to you, it's just who he plays for. "he plays for my team therefore he's better".... great logic bro.

As for Neuer, best in the world... ehhh I can't say. Better than Gigi atm, yes, sure, he hasn't been given enough time to recover yet IMO and he hasn't been tested enough this season we'll see, but it's safer to say Neuer's better for now. As for Lloris I've seen him in limited amounts but for what I've seen I thought he was better than Neuer but it's really hard to judge. Has Neuer surpassed Casillas? definitely.

Wow.Just wow.

Goal vs Switzerland he had some fault yes, but even so.That dosen't matter my friend, friend go watch the rest of the world cup.Do you see any mistakes?

No. You know what you do see ? one of the most iconic saves in History, sad buffon dosen't have one of those.

Man I'm happy you posted this so that idriszet can see it.

You just stated clearly and boldly that Neuer has surpassed Casillas with no chance of reverse but Buffon is recovering and he has a chance to be better again, even though Buffon hasn't put together a decent sting of games in about 4 years.

This is what gets me f**king mad.

You make it sound as if Spain and Real Madrid gave Casillas the best defence in the world to work with.You think it's coincidence that Buffon's defence declined drastically when Canavaro,Zambrotta and Thuram left.?

But you know what I'm sure just any average player has 2 champions leauge final clean sheets, A Euro final clean sheet, and a world cup final clean sheets.

You make it sound as if it was easy , Newsflash , it wasn't. He made amazing saves against Valencia as a 19 year old.

God Knows he saved our ass against Bayer

God knows he saved Spains ass at the Euro

God Knows he saved Spain's ass at the World cup.

But of course...........Buffon is a legend and Casillas is overrated.

You guys will never see the light.Nobody is asking you to say he is better than Neuer right now, No one is aking you to say he is better than Buffon, all we ask is that you recognize what he has achieved and do not understate his ability but apparently and impact, but no , what do we get

We basically get a guy saying that Julio Ceasar would've done everything Casillas did if he played for the same team.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:40 am

Real Legends recognise up coming legends.

Respect Buffon...

Respect Neuer

Manuel Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world - Page 3 Buffon-Neuer

Last edited by Idrisozet on Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:43 am

Lord Spencer wrote:The GK has a very big responsibility in organizing the defense, and here is where Iker's greatest weakness is.

Frankly, Madrid's defense was never as bad as their fans seem to think it is, but Iker was not as good as organizing them as keepers like Buffon do. Which is why Iker needs to rely more on his super abilities because he can't organize the defense well enough. Buffon in the other hand is a master at organizing the defense which is why he will never have to make as many super saves as Iker, his leadership neutralizes the threat before it begins. This is why truly great keepers are remembered.

I do think Iker has a stronger saving skill than Buffon, but in all other areas related to Goal Keeping, Superman is superior.

You'd think that but in reality when you have a young Sergio Ramos at RB, Error prone Helguera and Walter "They call me the wall because I can't move" Samuel as CB's and Roberto Carlos at LB your defence will be suspect regardless of how you organise it.

Iker had Jonathan Woodgate as a CB once. Woodgate FFS. Under the circumstances Iker did a great f*cking job, I'd like to see Buffon do better honestly.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:43 am

rwo power wrote:
Actually Neuer didn't play for Bayern last season. Last season Neuer was still at Schalke where he showed some real master class games.

I know where he played lol, but i am talking about bayern overrating in general!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:47 am

ragbirjosh wrote:
zarola wrote:

Never mind Iker has done and won more in his career than both of these two combined.

Casillas.

Nice guy.
Great saves.
=/= best keeper ever.

best keeper ever doesn't make mistakes left and right. best in 2010 you say? I say look @ the goal vs. switzerland in WC... buffon made no mistakes at the world cup, ZERO. And he made saves even better than casillas.

honestly it's people like you that made me hate casillas at one point and underrate him. you guys overrated him so freaking much it's not even funny, he's not buffon, he's not even neuer, get over it.... if julio cesar were spain's/real madrid's keeper you'd call him better than buffon... it has nothing to do with the player's ability to you, it's just who he plays for. "he plays for my team therefore he's better".... great logic bro.

As for Neuer, best in the world... ehhh I can't say. Better than Gigi atm, yes, sure, he hasn't been given enough time to recover yet IMO and he hasn't been tested enough this season we'll see, but it's safer to say Neuer's better for now. As for Lloris I've seen him in limited amounts but for what I've seen I thought he was better than Neuer but it's really hard to judge. Has Neuer surpassed Casillas? definitely.

Wow.Just wow.

Goal vs Switzerland he had some fault yes, but even so.That dosen't matter my friend, friend go watch the rest of the world cup.Do you see any mistakes?

No. You know what you do see ? one of the most iconic saves in History, sad buffon dosen't have one of those.

You just stated clearly and boldly that Neuer has surpassed Casillas with no chance of reverse but Buffon is recovering and he has a chance to be better again, even though Buffon hasn't put together a decent sting of games in about 4 years.

You make it sound as if Spain and Real Madrid gave Casillas the best defence in the world to work with.You think it's coincidence that Buffon's defence declined drastically when Canavaro,Zambrotta and Thuram left.?

But you know what I'm sure just any average player has 2 champions leauge final clean sheets, A Euro final clean sheet, and a world cup final clean sheets.

You make it sound as if it was easy , Newsflash , it wasn't. He made amazing saves against Valencia as a 19 year old.

You guys will never see the light.Nobody is asking you to say he is better than Neuer right now, No one is aking you to say he is better than Buffon, all we ask is that you recognize what he has achieved and do not understate his ability but apparently and impact, but no , what do we get

We basically get a guy saying that Julio Ceasar would've done everything Casillas did if he played for the same team.

Buffon vs Zidane in 2006 in extra time was one of the best clutch saves I've ever seen.

Credit where credit is due dude. Buffon is a legend. I just don't think he is a class above Iker is all.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:49 am

ragbirjosh wrote:
zarola wrote:

Casillas.

Nice guy.
Great saves.
=/= best keeper ever.

Wow.Just wow.

There is this huge minority complex going on here. Unless someone shouts to the skies

OH SAINT IKER YOUZ THE BEST GK IN DA WORLD.

Then that person is not recognizing Iker.

Zarola simply has a problem with people saying Iker >= Buffon. I am not sure whose the one not recognizing the other here. You have football experts saying Buffon is legend throughout the years, and football experts saying Iker is good, but not at Buffon's level.

Yet the person who says that Buffon is better than Iker is the one who is not "recognizing" the other, while the person who says the opposite is.

Please, these player X is better than player Y debates are getting old and boring.

Titus Bramble, Amauri, and Heseky are better than Buffon, Iker, and Neur, at GK and everything else.

I don't need proof, I only need to point you to this awesome picture of Darth Vader:

Manuel Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world - Page 3 Funny-pictures-roflrazzi-after-dark-i-dont-give-a-*bleep*
Manuel Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world - Page 3 Funny-pictures-roflrazzi-after-dark-i-dont-give-a-*bleep*

Last edited by Lord Spencer on Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:51 am

I still remember Italy vs Ukraine match in 2006 world cup

Buffon was like auto magnet
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:51 am

wtf is up with all these "so and so is the best" threads in here. This isn't the right back section.

What did I miss? This place is going to hell right now.

is it supposed to be funny cause I'm not getting it...nor is it funny.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:51 am

ragbirjosh wrote:
zarola wrote:

Casillas.

Nice guy.
Great saves.
=/= best keeper ever.

Wow.Just wow.

Yes. Go watch a world cup 2010 compilation of casillas. Half of them are fumbles, he fumbled ronaldo's FK , could've been a goal. Fumble some other shots here and there in the world cup.

Are you *bleep* kidding me? did you just start watching yesterday? Buffon's save on Zidane in extra time is one of the most iconic saves in history.... there's SO many he's done but that's just one big one

:facepalm: According to your logic, buffon had a great world cup, then every game since he was shitty. Are you dumb? It's not ridiculous to argue neuer is better than casillas and it's not ridiculous to say casillas is better than neuer, neuer still has a bit of work to do, but surely neuer will undoubtedly surpass Casillas but then again people like you will deny when this actually happens.

I didn't even say anything about Spain's defense....... Spain holds possession more, therefore Casillas has less saves to make, that point doesn't prove casillas>buffon or buffon>casillas, it was just a random point. "You think it's a coincidence that Buffon's defence declined drastically when Cannavaro, Zambrotta and Thuram left.?" that statement makes no sense whatsoever. What are you even trying to prove?

Congrats?

Congrats

Yes he's a fantastic keeper and he's probably one of the best ever from the penalty spot. The absolute best I've seen from the penalty spot at least

Yeah, here and there yeah, I could agree with that, as do many players in a WC winning team. This is no different from Buffon. Or from Cesar in CL 2010... does that make Cesar the best keeper of all time?

Casillas is a legend, but he is overrated from people like you.
.... I do appreciate casillas. I've stated it more than enough times in this thread.
:facepalm: learn to read

zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:53 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:
zarola wrote:

Casillas.

Nice guy.
Great saves.
=/= best keeper ever.

Wow.Just wow.

There is this huge minority complex going on here. Unless someone shouts to the skies

Zarola simply has a problem with people saying Iker >= Buffon. I am not sure whose the one not recognizing the other here. You have football experts saying Buffon is legend throughout the years, and football experts saying Iker is good, but not at Buffon's level.

Yet the person who says that Buffon is better than Iker is the one who is not "recognizing" the other, while the person who says the opposite is.

Please, these player X is better than player Y debates are getting old and boring.

Titus Bramble, Amauri, and Heseky are better than Buffon, Iker, and Neur, at GK and everything else.

I don't need proof, I only need to point you to this awesome picture of Darth Vader:

Thumbs up
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:54 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:
zarola wrote:

Casillas.

Nice guy.
Great saves.
=/= best keeper ever.

Wow.Just wow.

This is as good a point to end at as any. Well said.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:56 am

Goddamit, the Darth Vader Gif won't frakking load.

I don't know how to put gifs Sad

Click this to see my sentiment on the player X vs player Y debates

http://chzichcafterdark.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/funny-pictures-roflrazzi-after-dark-i-dont-give-a-*bleep*.gif
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:58 am

Lord Spencer wrote:Goddamit, the Darth Vader Gif won't frakking load.

http://chzichcafterdark.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/funny-pictures-roflrazzi-after-dark-i-dont-give-a-*bleep*.gif

it's because there's a swear in the link so when you post the image the URL changes to *bleep*
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:58 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:
zarola wrote:

Casillas.

Nice guy.
Great saves.
=/= best keeper ever.

Wow.Just wow.

The point is because Madrid has the largest fan base here, comparison between Buffon and Casilas manage to survive.

I mean go to footytube and draw that caparison now one will respond
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:59 am

CBarca wrote:wtf is up with all these "so and so is the best" threads in here. This isn't the right back section.

What did I miss? This place is going to hell right now.

is it supposed to be funny cause I'm not getting it...nor is it funny.

The thread was meant to be about Neuer until it got invaded by Madrid Fan and now they have occupied it.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:01 am

Anyway, Neuer is overrated imho. Really Overrated.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:02 am

zarola wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:Goddamit, the Darth Vader Gif won't frakking load.

it's because there's a swear in the link so when you post the image the URL changes to *bleep*

Ok then, a description of the gif will suffice.

It is a picture of Darth Vader riding the kid's rocket ride with I don't give a frak texted over the gif.

Exactly my stance on player debates.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:06 am

Wow I kinda want to see it now LOL
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:06 am

izzy26 wrote:Anyway, Neuer is overrated imho. Really Overrated.

Another invader...
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:08 am

Idrisozet wrote:
izzy26 wrote:Anyway, Neuer is overrated imho. Really Overrated.

Another invader...

Boo fricking Hoo. I think he is overrated. Got a problem?

I have my reasons for thinking that as well, i'm not just going to sprout around crap to get a reaction and leave.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:08 am

Zealous wrote:Wow I kinda want to see it now LOL

Copy the link and type it on google

just saw it and it's awesome
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next