The Messiah
Seppuku
Sushi Master
Lex
FC_Hollywood
37 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Manuel Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world - Page 5 Empty Re: Manuel Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:52 am

izzy26 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:So Izzy, he is overrated just because you say so.

It seems I went on all this tirade to no effect.

Oh well, the whole Madrid, Barca, Milan, Juve, Inter, MU, MC, pool, Chelsea teams are overrated because I say so.

Arsenal are not since no one rates them.

Titus Bramble could walk into any of those teams at ANY position at any time. Hell, Amauri can play better than all of them combined with on leg tied behind his back. YES, his leg.

And I don't have any facts or arguments to back what I am saying but I have this really good picture proving my point, which incidentally shows off my sentiment on this debate:

Manuel Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world - Page 5 Us+of+a+SLR+011

That's fantastic. Now show me the post I made where I said he is overrated because I SAY SO? I want to see it. Take as long as you need.

It's MY OPINION and i'm not forcing it on anyone. But I'll give you the reason. I think he is overrated in sense of 'How good he actually is and how he ranks to others.' In his first season at a major european club and he is already being compared to the some of the modern greats and we are in OCTOBER.

No doubt he has the potential, and he might go on to achieve great things in his career, but as right now to put him up there on that pedastal that Iker and Buffon have worked their whole career to achieve is a joke. How about we give him a couple of seasons at Bayern to let him show us what he truly is made of instead of already proclaiming as better than some of the legends of the game.

That's where I think he is overrated. Not his abilty because he has that in abundance, but how people are potraying him.

What on earth does it need how many years he has played for a major european club to say on Current form he is the best goal keeper in the world.

No one is saying he is a bigger legend than Casillas or Buffon but on CURRENT FORM he is better than Casillas.
Its similar to waht Madrid fans said last year how Ozil is in better form than Iniesta or Xavi.

There is nothing wrong with anyone portraying him its just that some Madrid fans get way too defensive about Casillas and want to interpret them as they want so as to derail to the thread.

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Manuel Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world - Page 5 Empty Re: Manuel Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world

Post by Adit Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:57 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
izzy26 wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:So Izzy, he is overrated just because you say so.

It seems I went on all this tirade to no effect.

Oh well, the whole Madrid, Barca, Milan, Juve, Inter, MU, MC, pool, Chelsea teams are overrated because I say so.

Arsenal are not since no one rates them.

Titus Bramble could walk into any of those teams at ANY position at any time. Hell, Amauri can play better than all of them combined with on leg tied behind his back. YES, his leg.

And I don't have any facts or arguments to back what I am saying but I have this really good picture proving my point, which incidentally shows off my sentiment on this debate:

Manuel Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world - Page 5 Us+of+a+SLR+011

That's fantastic. Now show me the post I made where I said he is overrated because I SAY SO? I want to see it. Take as long as you need.

It's MY OPINION and i'm not forcing it on anyone. But I'll give you the reason. I think he is overrated in sense of 'How good he actually is and how he ranks to others.' In his first season at a major european club and he is already being compared to the some of the modern greats and we are in OCTOBER.

No doubt he has the potential, and he might go on to achieve great things in his career, but as right now to put him up there on that pedastal that Iker and Buffon have worked their whole career to achieve is a joke. How about we give him a couple of seasons at Bayern to let him show us what he truly is made of instead of already proclaiming as better than some of the legends of the game.

That's where I think he is overrated. Not his abilty because he has that in abundance, but how people are potraying him.

What on earth does it need how many years he has played for a major european club to say on Current form he is the best goal keeper in the world.

No one is saying he is a bigger legend than Casillas or Buffon but on CURRENT FORM he is better than Casillas.
Its similar to waht Madrid fans said last year how Ozil is in better form than Iniesta or Xavi.

There is nothing wrong with anyone portraying him its just that some Madrid fans get way too defensive about Casillas and want to interpret them as they want so as to derail to the thread.
Hows on current form casillas worse when he was probably first or second best madrid player upto this season? did you watch any madrid game at all?.

excuse me and ozil to iniesta comparison relating to neur -casillas? its the other way around lol.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:58 am

Adit wrote:Hows on current form casillas worse when he was probably first or second best madrid player upto this season? did you watch any madrid game at all?.

Do you watch any other team bar Real Madrid? There might be your answer.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:03 am

And neur making no mistake crap.

Playing in arguably worse quality league than La liga (dont bring ozil or khedira bcz thats not what i meant here) still he was crap in DFB Pokal trohy and mistkes against Manu from top of my head.

Casillas has been best goal keeper in the world from 2007,Consecutive best GK awards in Euro and WC,IHFF award for best GK from 2008 to 2011.
Im inclined to say neur hasnt proven anything,even a 19 year old casillas was more proven by playing in a CL final and making crucial saves.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:22 am

lol Casillas wasnt even in top 3 last year based on form.

neuer , Van Der Sar and Valdes were all better.

Ya Neuer hasnt proved anything because he hasnt played for a major European team till this year :facepalm:

just like Villa proved nothing until he joined last year.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:49 am

BeautifulGame wrote:What on earth does it need how many years he has played for a major european club to say on Current form he is the best goal keeper in the world.

Again, Villa was already proving it with Valencia and they were a top European team, he was playing brilliant for the NT and scoring in major tournamnets. His consistency over many years was the reason he got the recognision. Because he was able to take that goal-scoring form to top european sides and do it at International level as well.

Neuer has just started to play for his first top european side and now he has to prove that he can be as consistant as he was at Schalke. And read over the damn thread and read Zarola's post, apparently if you read it, Neuer has already passsed Iker for some magical reason.

This is nothing like Oezil at all, because I haven't recalled ONE Madrid fan say he is better than Iniesta or Xavi. Many feel he had a better season but he is not a better player than them based on one season. No one is that stupid.

Current form, yeah he is playing better than Iker and Gigi, but if you read ALL the posts, apparently he has supassed Iker and that in itself is ridiculous. Unless we now count 4 years as the benchmark of a legendary player.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:53 am

Idrisozet wrote:Neuer has reached and passed Casilas peak long time ago.

But I dont think his passed Buffon peak yet, Buffon is the best Goalkeeper I ever saw alongside Kahn.

Yeah, Madrid fans derailed the thread. Rolling Eyes
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:55 am

Idrisozet wrote:
FC_Hollywood wrote:I am not trolling. I am simply stating a fact. There is not 1 better GK than Neuer at the moment.

Since You are new here, let me give You some advise about Real Madrid fans.

1st: they get upset if You dont agree Cassilas is the best goalkeeper in the world.(which his not)

2nd they rep you down easily

3rd you can only make thread about Madrid or Barcelona

4th they think they are the 2nd best team in the world.

5th A madrid fan will rep me down for giving you this good advise.

Oh my, Is that another Madrid fan bringing up Iker? Yep caught him in the act.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:21 am

Neuer yes at present he is the best goalkeeper in the world but to say he has surpassed Casillas is utter stupidity.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:33 am

He is really a great goalkeeper. Only thing I don't like abou Neuer is that he should block the ball more, tends to clear out a lot. He really is above Casillas and in the same level than Victor Valdes.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:40 am

Iker is the best and he will show it again in Euro. just wait.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Intervention Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:06 am

Buffon and Handanovic say no.
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:36 am

While I agree that Neuer is the shit, Idrisozet, mate, you're beginning to sound like a Bavarian Sciacca.

Easily the most thin-skinned poster on the forum these days. Take a chill-pill my friend. Have a Hefeweizen, maybe eat some Weisswurst, or whatever. A Leberkaas for all I care. But you need to calm the shit down, is my loving advice.

Hugs and kisses. :flower:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:45 am

Hugs and kisses for everyone ^_^
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia_San_Mia Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:16 pm

i do agree !! casillas is on a decline ...germany has the best GKs in the world
and Neuer now is the best by far

in 2 years Ter Stegen will write history
Mia_San_Mia
Mia_San_Mia
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Suddenly Bayern fans everywhere.

(Not that that is a bad thing)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:23 pm

Well I think this is in the wrong section.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:26 pm

Yeah it's more of a right-back'ish topic TBH
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:27 pm

MODERATOR, MOVE PLEASE.

I just breached the forum rules: Posts discussing moderator actions are also not allowed.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:59 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:lol Casillas wasnt even in top 3 last year based on form.

Ya Neuer hasnt proved anything because he hasnt played for a major European team till this year :facepalm:

the same last year in which he was the BEST GOAL KEEPER IN WORLD CUP and single handedly won us Copa del rey from arguably best team ever???

More of the last year casillas please,get a grip while you are talking.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:01 pm

and LOL at casillas on decline.. :lol!:

He has been our second best player this season.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:54 pm

Casilas is a Madrid Legend, we accept.

But I don think his world legend like Buffon and Kahn.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:04 pm

LOL^^ Casillas is up there with Khan and Buffon at any point of evaluation,one being better is another story though.

Where were you in the past years?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:59 pm

Adit wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:lol Casillas wasnt even in top 3 last year based on form.

the same last year in which he was the BEST GOAL KEEPER IN WORLD CUP and single handedly won us Copa del rey from arguably best team ever???

More of the last year casillas please,get a grip while you are talking.

The same Last year where where Van De Sar was the integral part of the best defense in Europe even when the likes of Ferdinand was missing through injury most of time.

The same last year in which Valdes showed excellent form in winning Cl and League double.

And the same last year when Neuer dragged single handley unfancied Schakle CL semis.

Yea the same last year in which Neuer Valdes and Van Der Sar were better.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:25 pm

The good thing is that I just realise there is a Madrid fan that actually think Casilas is the reason why Madrid haven't won trophies in the past years.

He makes their defence socks, bad communication etc.

And Allows Messi to toy with him all the time.

I dont understand why Some deluded fans think his a legend, no he isn't.

Legends are Goalkeepers like, Peter Schmeichel, Kahn,Yashin, Sepp Maier and Buffon, no one dispute that

But mind you, his definitely not your everyday goalkeeper..

Last edited by Idrisozet on Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FC_Hollywood Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:28 pm

Casillas could have definitely saved this one... Why does he go on the ground so quick? Neuer would have kept on his feet like he does most of the times...

youtube . com/watch?v=PMvNTIlCcyc

FC_Hollywood
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next