Babun
Onyx
Mr Nick09
Doc
EarlyPrototype
73 posters

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo - Page 21 Empty Re: Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:28 am

The 2006-2007 season saw the lights go out on the Real Madrid career of superstar Roberto Carlos. He left the club in the summer of 2007 after 11 campaigns. A few months earlier the Whites prepared for his departure by bringing in another Brazilian, a talented 18-year-old by the name of Marcelo.

Nine years later and Marcelo has proved himself to be a worthy successor to Carlos. He rules Real Madrid's left flank just like his legendary compatriot used to. Together they have starred in two decades of Brazilian reign at left-back and built a samba super highway along that flank.

And the duo do not just share their nationality: their careers at Real Madrid also bear a number of similarities. They even arrived under the same manager, ten years apart: Fabio Capello.

They have won almost the same trophies, they have played almost the same number of seasons, they have both been captains and they are the foreigners to have worn the white of Real Madrid on most occasions. They are also two of the best-value signings in the history of the club. Carlos cost 3.6 million euros and Marcelo 6m.

The attacking football they play also unites them. Carlos was a handful, frighteningly quick and boasting a cannon of a left foot that notched up 67 goals - an outrageous statistic for a defender. Marcelo is of a similar vein. Less explosive, but possessing pace and skill in abundance which make him a key component in attack. His 25 goals are not to be sniffed at, either.

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo - Page 21 Empty Re: Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo

Post by Valkyrja Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:09 pm

Back in training , thanks god cheers
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:37 pm

anyone noticed Marcelo has been using his right leg lately?

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:12 pm

shadexticos wrote:anyone noticed Marcelo has been using his right leg lately?

he's always had a good right leg shot on him.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 29, 2016 9:29 am

Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo - Page 21 Tumblr_o7ww0vSxVE1slb0t5o1_250

Captain :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 29, 2016 2:02 pm

Such a likeable player, his celebrations were awesome
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:42 pm

Nearly 2 hours of football and his legs had it in them to do that. Unreal.

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:41 am

Totally unbelevible. I just don't understand how he is not a full time attacker with that skill. I mean if bale turned. He is way more skilful.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Our best player this season.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:11 am

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/marcelo-real-madrid-first-we-attack/

wonderful article
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:51 pm

i liked that article. i remember many years ago he had an interview i think on realmadrid.com and he spoke bout how his grandpa played a huge part in his career, but he didn't discuss it in depth at the time
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:56 am

I read it a couple days ago. Crazy how he almost quit football but his grandpa pushed him on.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:56 pm

Anyone else upset at Marcelo pulling a hamstring in the first month of the season? Nothing screams lack of preparation like a soft tissue injury after a few games, shame Theo hurt his shoulder too
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:11 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Anyone else upset at Marcelo pulling a hamstring in the first month of the season? Nothing screams lack of preparation like a soft tissue injury after a few games, shame Theo hurt his shoulder too

not surprising. we knew all this going in, marcelo's not the fittest fiddle out there, he too is injury prone and has had injury issues throughout his time with us, even when he wasn't starting. its just that we've had bale and coentrao who have made other injury prone players look like cristiano. not a medical staff issue, never has been a medical issue
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:17 pm

Out for a month.

Nacho at LB, which is ok. But we really need our strikers... to play like strikers lol. We literally cannot carry dead weight around.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:25 am

Marcelo look like his time is coming to an end.

Luckily the club bought a left back in the summer.

He was terrible today.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:35 pm

Like i said before. He is done.

His comments after the barca defeat were so arrogant. You were poor and have been this season, accept it.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:56 pm

Stop overreacting, he had a good attacking game. Defensively he has never been the best for us, but defensively that day he was a joke. Amateurs were making a mockery of his craft tbh. Couple chances (benzemas header for example) should have went in
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:33 pm

Best fullback of all times
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:40 pm

MotM for me
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:41 pm

guest7 wrote:MotM for me

Modric and Varane
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:48 pm

Nah, it has to be Marcelo, he was fantastic. Modric and Varane were decent but Marcelo was head and shoulders above everyone today for me. All while playing through injury.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:41 pm

Marcelo was the MvP for me for that match which is standard stuff. Marcelo always shows up during these months. It's the Sept - January is where I am absolutely upset with him.

On a serious side note though, I really think Madrid fans are definitely going over board with the praises, calling him our best LB ever. Do people really forget how great Roberto Carlos was? I could understand Camacho, that was in Tito time but Carlos was a superior full back period.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:36 pm

If the word "masterpiece" was ever appropriate, it would fit like a glove to describe Marcelo's display against PSG.

I maintain that defensively speaking, he's one of the worst LBs to ever wear the white of Madrid. But offensively, he has no equal. An absolute beast of a LB.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:08 pm

While we all agree that he was fantastic against PSG, I think it's become quite evident since last season that he doesn't have the same level of stamina anymore. He played with a lot of energy and initiative against PSG. Those performances are clearly becoming less common in his case. The same can be said about Modric. "Past it" is not the right word to describe them, but it's only natural that they're becoming less consistent as they grow older.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:26 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
I maintain that defensively speaking, he's one of the worst LBs to ever wear the white of Madrid..

no he's not. i'm one of his biggest critics from a defensive standpoint, but its not like we've had a history glittered with amazing left backs. carlos and camacho are the top, we've had a lot of terrible LBs, some as bad or worse than marcelo defensively; heinze drenthe raul bravo come to mind. i never liked heinze in particular, his hard-worker act i think blinded many to just how poor he was at LB for us, both on offense and defense. that guy was a nightmmare
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next