Is Europa Leauge a possible target next season?

5 posters

Go down

Is Europa Leauge a possible target next season? Empty Is Europa Leauge a possible target next season?

Post by The BoyWonder Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:08 am

I always hate it when italian teams don't perform to their usual in the Europa League. Roma certainly have what it takes to go all the way, then why not do it?

if a team like Braga went to finals last season, Roma should go there with closed eyes.

But, as in most cases, fans and club members probably wants to focus on the league, and even more so now that there is only 3 spots for the CL.

personally i would love to see Roma winning the Europa League. Its not the biggest trophy, but it is still a prestigeous one, and if im not mistaken, Dibenedetto wanted to make Roma a global brand. so this is the start. winning the Europa League will certainly make Roma richer in terms of popularity and fans.

What is ur thought?

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Is Europa Leauge a possible target next season? Empty Re: Is Europa Leauge a possible target next season?

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:06 pm

Yeah ofc it is i believe if we really put 100% in to it we could win it..Like you said if a team like Braga can get to the final then whats stopping us and with Luis in charge if he gets us playing some of that Barca style of football Very Happy they'll be no stopping us baby Cool
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Is Europa Leauge a possible target next season? Empty Re: Is Europa Leauge a possible target next season?

Post by ErPupone Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:29 pm

It's definitely possible to win it, but our real objective is to finish in the top 4 in Serie A next season. As it's going to be Enrique's first year in Serie A, I'm considering anything more than a top 4 finish as a bonus because he really has is work cut out for him despite how big our transfer budget may be. And as I've mentionned before, I think we should use a lot of our younger players in this competition in order to give guys like Totti and Pizarro a rest. It'll be a very useful experience for them. I'm not saying let's go out there with every player under 21 years old, but a good balance would be perfect. Mix up guys like Crescenzi, Bertolacci, Caprari with players like Burdisso, De Rossi and so on.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:17 pm

I just want some f*cking silverware (exept Coppa Italia)!
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:08 pm

ErPupone wrote:It's definitely possible to win it, but our real objective is to finish in the top 4 in Serie A next season. As it's going to be Enrique's first year in Serie A, I'm considering anything more than a top 4 finish as a bonus because he really has is work cut out for him despite how big our transfer budget may be. And as I've mentionned before, I think we should use a lot of our younger players in this competition in order to give guys like Totti and Pizarro a rest. It'll be a very useful experience for them. I'm not saying let's go out there with every player under 21 years old, but a good balance would be perfect. Mix up guys like Crescenzi, Bertolacci, Caprari with players like Burdisso, De Rossi and so on.

dude, are you aware of the fact that a 4th place finishing only guarantees Europa League?

Roma has to finish in the top 3 for CHampions League football the following season

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:29 pm

The BoyWonder wrote:
ErPupone wrote:It's definitely possible to win it, but our real objective is to finish in the top 4 in Serie A next season. As it's going to be Enrique's first year in Serie A, I'm considering anything more than a top 4 finish as a bonus because he really has is work cut out for him despite how big our transfer budget may be. And as I've mentionned before, I think we should use a lot of our younger players in this competition in order to give guys like Totti and Pizarro a rest. It'll be a very useful experience for them. I'm not saying let's go out there with every player under 21 years old, but a good balance would be perfect. Mix up guys like Crescenzi, Bertolacci, Caprari with players like Burdisso, De Rossi and so on.

dude, are you aware of the fact that a 4th place finishing only guarantees Europa League?

Roma has to finish in the top 3 for CHampions League football the following season

I'm well aware of that, but we can't expect any miracles this year. We are going through a transition and despite how much enthusiasm may be surrounding the club, it's going to take time for these guys to gel and adapt to a new coach, new teammates, new management, new mentality and so on. And during this transition, we're only bound to drop points even to lower table teams who will just keep 11 players back and defend for their lives (it'll take time for players like Bojan, Totti and whoever else our attack will have to click). Milan and Inter are definitely ahead of us, while Napoli have been improving their team and have an interesting project in the works. Then we have to compete with the likes of Udinese (if they don't blow up their team), Lazio and Juventus who have some good signings ready. I know we have to finish in the top 3 to guarantee Champions League football for the following season, but that might not happen. For now, we just have to focus on cutting down the gap between us and the teams from Milan.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:03 pm

Doing well in EL is very important for Roma. The direct financial reward of EL is small, but it creats avenues for new sponsorships & commercial revenues.

€150 million revenue is not enough to create & sustain a successful club. With impending FFP, new revenue is crucial to stay on top.

Squad players are good enough to see Roma through the group stage, so there is no need to compromise between domestic & EL objectives.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down