Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by futbol on Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:32 pm

I blame those on Messi tbh for having become a crook, leaving his team in the rain. Averages 8 km per game, plays no defense, turns into a crook at 26. Wimp.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 10369
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by The Franchise on Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:36 pm

Key player in Getafe game Laughing


avatar
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 18855
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by futbol on Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:59 pm



Key player in training as well. Proud

_________________
"The shape looks good."


futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 10369
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by The Franchise on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:04 pm

Never seen so many passes from him that actually went to their intended target.

Still runs like in quick sand though sadly.
avatar
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 18855
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by Harmonica on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:04 pm

Yeah Fabregas ran almost 12 km against PSG and selfish one legged Messi only 500 m.  Laughing 

_________________
- Come with me. Save yourself. You don't owe Argentine people any more. You've given them everything.
- Not everything. Not yet.
avatar
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 11027
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by danyjr on Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:18 pm

Fàbregas is a tactically clueless player nor he has great concentration. For example against Gerafe he lost so many balls, he wasn't involved in the play and was completely invisible for the first 30 minutes. And then he suddenly plays an inch perfect through ball to Pedro that none in the Barcelona squad can deliver. He has played an important role in difficult moments for Barcelona this season but I've yet to see him deliver against a top quality opponent.

In short he is extremely good at some things and extremely bad at other things. Hence the hot-cold reactions. I still insist however, that he was not a good fit for Barcelona when he was signed but with adjustments to tactics the squad is playing to his strengths more than before.

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4547
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by Donuts on Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:36 pm

@futbol wrote:I blame those on Messi tbh for having become a crook, leaving his team in the rain. Averages 8 km per game, plays no defense, turns into a crook at 26. Wimp.
Messi may not run as much as the rest of the team but that doesn't mean they are better.. Cesc proves this to us by showing us how much of a headless chicken he can be sometimes while Messi apparently running 500 meters (as you guys say) per game can get him 90 goals a season.. or still have more tackles then said player.
Also lol at your efforts of trying to hype Cesc at the cost of saying Messi is the fault for our losses xD truly some Barca fans here are clueless I sorta wish Messi would leave so the spoiled fans would realize what a mistake it was to doubt him.

_________________
http://i.imgur.com/i6BMgLU.gif
avatar
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Toronto
Posts : 5710
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by The Franchise on Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:51 pm

@danyjr wrote:Fàbregas is a tactically clueless player nor he has great concentration. For example against Gerafe he lost so many balls, he wasn't involved in the play and was completely invisible for the first 30 minutes. And then he suddenly plays an inch perfect through ball to Pedro that none in the Barcelona squad can deliver. He has played an important role in difficult moments for Barcelona this season but I've yet to see him deliver against a top quality opponent.

In short he is extremely good at some things and extremely bad at other things. Hence the hot-cold reactions. I still insist however, that he was not a good fit for Barcelona when he was signed but with adjustments to tactics the squad is playing to his strengths more than before.

See why cant people just accept this pretty fair opinion without being excused of being haters?

Sure, fans of Barca are more strong in their emotions and therefore statements, but that's for obvious reasons.
avatar
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 18855
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by danyjr on Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:12 pm

@The Franchise wrote:See why cant people just accept this pretty fair opinion without being excused of being haters?

Sure, fans of Barca are more strong in their emotions and therefore statements, but that's for obvious reasons.
Some react defensively when you criticise a player or a team to a point where you're branded a hater. I don't understand it but I don't care anyway Very Happy

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4547
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by futbol on Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:48 am

@The Franchise wrote:
@danyjr wrote:Fàbregas is a tactically clueless player nor he has great concentration. For example against Gerafe he lost so many balls, he wasn't involved in the play and was completely invisible for the first 30 minutes. And then he suddenly plays an inch perfect through ball to Pedro that none in the Barcelona squad can deliver. He has played an important role in difficult moments for Barcelona this season but I've yet to see him deliver against a top quality opponent.

In short he is extremely good at some things and extremely bad at other things. Hence the hot-cold reactions. I still insist however, that he was not a good fit for Barcelona when he was signed but with adjustments to tactics the squad is playing to his strengths more than before.

See why cant people just accept this pretty fair opinion without being excused of being haters?

Because it's obviously not a fair opinion. For example he didn't lose "many balls" against Getafe at all. The one player who lost balls was Sergi Roberto. 2 major brainfarts in the first 15 or so minutes alone that resulted in Getafe counterattacks. Fabregas didn't have a single turnover all game. Unlike Iniesta. Who somehow believes he has to dribbled right infront of his own box and get dispossessed, not for the first time this season. El Clasico comes to mind.

He also played in a forward role. His job wasn't to be as save on the ball as Xavi or Busquets. He needed to create chances, score and assists. And he did all of that. With 84 % his passing accuracy was absolutely spot on.

Was he invisible in the first 20 or so minutes? Sure. But that was obviously a collective problem. No one was there in the first 20 minutes for some reason. Why single out Fabregas as the culprit?

Has he yet to deliver in a big game? LOL He created gazillion chances and won the penalty against Chelsea and no one converted. He scored in the Bernabeu twice. He squared the ball for Xavi to miss an open net (Varane off the line clearance last season came from a Cesc pass). He sent an amazing long ball to Pedro in the same game who also completely missed the 1 on 1. When we were down 0-2 in Sevilla last season he scored 2 goals for our comeback. The list is big.

He's not as silky on the ball as Xavi and Iniesta, nor is he tactically as astude nor is he as good on the ball. Like any other midfielder on the planet. There won't be a Xavi replacement. We'll have to change. Deal with it.

_________________
"The shape looks good."


futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 10369
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by futbol on Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:54 am

Also I'm deceived that RG the POS isn't supporting me in my fight for #justiceforcesc. RG. Mad 

_________________
"The shape looks good."


futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 10369
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by RealGunner on Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:58 am

Barca section mate lol.

My input is the same as it has always been.

Fabregas is one of the greatest midfielders i have ever seen. He is incredibly gifted. His vision, passing, ability to create space, scoring and his technique. He is a phenomenal player.

But i don't think Dani is wrong about him at times. Maybe harsh. Cesc was the system at Arsenal. for about 6 years. We sold Vieira because of Cesc. We let Henry go because of Cesc. We made him our team. This is why he is finding it hard to adjust to barcelona.

Barcelona play a different game. To most teams in the world. Specially when Pep and tito were the managers. He can't play the CM in pep's system. And Pep doesn't use a 10 nor a CAM. So he struggled.

Tata knows how to use him ( in midfield ). I hate it when he tries him as a false 9. That's not Cesc. But when Tata uses him in midfield. Cesc delivers everytime. With a goal or assist.

avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 78584
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by danyjr on Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:48 am

@futbol wrote:Has he yet to deliver in a big game? LOL He created gazillion chances and won the penalty against Chelsea and no one converted. He scored in the Bernabeu twice. He squared the ball for Xavi to miss an open net (Varane off the line clearance last season came from a Cesc pass). He sent an amazing long ball to Pedro in the same game who also completely missed the 1 on 1. When we were down 0-2 in Sevilla last season he scored 2 goals for our comeback. The list is big.
But you're using selective, scattered flashes of brilliance as proof to his viability against big teams, completely ignoring that for 80 minutes in those very matches you mentioned he was invisible and inert, often looking lost (and while we mention the Chelsea match let's not forget his one-on-one miss in Stamford Bridge).

Don't get me wrong, Fàbregas is a top footballer and he's been playing his best football for Barça this season. I don't think anyone can deny that. But his strength are not synonymous to that style that was praised so much during the Guardiola era. Maybe you don't care about that identity and that is fine but let's just say a lot of people here do care. And I think you agree when you say "He won't be Xavi".

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4547
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by The Franchise on Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:06 pm

I dont know why we are speaking only about Getafe, there is 2 and a half years of evidence of Cesc doing squat in games.

And of course Cesc playing as a forward, what the hell happens when he plays in midfield? His invisibility is even more costly.

Refer to what Danyjr said about big games, I aint got nothing to add on it. If you actually think he has been great in big games, that alone shows the truth of your delusions.

I think what you should "get over" is that noone expects him to be Xavi, I knew he wasnt Xavi over 5 years ago. We expect him to be an actual midfielder, not hide behind markers, not turn it over with sloppy bullshit and thats just the things he can control. His complete lack of athletic ability and ability to navigate markers via the dribble are things he cant and wont ever do...thats not his fault, but his predecessors and peers in midfield from Thiago,Xavi, Iniesta to Deco all could do.
avatar
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 18855
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by alexjanosik on Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:58 pm

I am his biggest critic but his final passing is really elite.
With the field in front of him and no one pressing him and players making runs,he is simply sublime.He showed that again in the last game.
Its when under pressure,that his passing goes wrong and he makes dreadful passes.
He is a 10 and we dont play with one.So dont think he will ever play to his full potential here.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by Khaled on Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:42 pm



Cesc: "It annoys me that people think I'm lazy"

Cesc during the interview
The current talk is of a campaign against Barcelona and Lionel Messi, which has led to complaints from people at the club. Do you share that conclusion?

Sometimes people cross the line, but going from that to talking about campaigns… I don’t know if that’s right. What I will say is that, in Messi’s case, those things don’t affect him.

Are you worried about his injury?

No, because he’ll be fine at the most important time of the season. That’s what I told him when he got injured. And, excuse me, but can I ask a question?

You ask me? Of course.

You give the points to the Barcelona players in the [on-line football game] Comunio, can you explain why Madrid players always get higher scores?

Don't tell me you're playing too!

Yes, I'm playing with my mates and you can't believe the amount of stick I get. I don't lose the plot and start being rude when I don't score well - even though Adriano was giving me pelters the other day (laughs). But, can you at at least talk to the guy who gives the points to the Madrid players, he's so generous, or give us a boost!

I'll bear it in mind! And changing the subject again... are you having a good Christmas period?

Of course: it’s the first with my daughter and we’re enjoying it as a family.

What’s the most exciting thing about it for her?

The Cabalgata de Reyes [a traditional festive parade that takes place across Spain on 5 January for the arrival of the Three Kings, who traditionally bring presents for the children in Spain, rather than Santa Claus]. We kick off early that day, at 4pm against Elche, so my plan is to take my little girl to my family’s village so that she can see the Three Kings up close.

Have you ordered the Xbox One so you can play as yourself on FIFA?

It’s on its way, but I’m out of practice.

I was told that you’re a pro…

In London I was often at a loose end. I played a lot and I got good at it at the time.

There’s a rumour that the players take their consoles on away trips. Is it wrong?

No. We used to do it at Arsenal. At Barça we’ve only done it once; when we went to Mallorca the day before [the match].

And with the Spain squad?

There we play cards.

Do you think it’s good for youngsters to leave the system at Barça to become more complete players?

There’s a difference between my case and that of Rafinha [Alcantara] and [Gerard] Deulofeu. It’s an intelligent move to send players out on loan. At that age, what you have to do is play. My case was different. That was a strange time for the club, a period in which the club was on a losing run, and so, on an individual level, it’s logical that you look at getting the best for yourself. I saw people like Gerard [Piqué], Marc Valiente or Messi being moved up the ranks, [but] I wasn’t. There wasn’t the same confidence in me as there was in the others and you notice that. And, quite apart from that, I never thought I was going to be a footballer.

Seriously?

Never, not even when I reached the ‘Cadete’ level at Barça [in the club’s youth set-up]. What you want, what you dream about, is one thing; but I was more focused on studying, on my friends. On leading a normal life for a 16-year-old.

And when Arsenal came in for you?

No, not then, either. I was very young and I couldn’t see myself making a living being a footballer. Though I was aware that it was an opportunity to make the most of, because [Arsenal manager Arsène] Wenger told me I was going to train with the first team every day and that I was going to play in the reserves.

So you only played for fun?

Yes. Even if you’re at Barcelona, you play to enjoy yourself. All the while, things happen to you at school, with your friends… After a while at Arsenal I became more optimistic [about making it], but when I was at Barça I definitely felt that it was going to be very difficult to be a professional footballer. And I could use stronger words than ‘difficult’.

I guess you understand why youth products such as Jon Toral or Héctor Bellerín went to Arsenal, or why Antonio Sanabria is close to following them.

I do. We’re talking about 20 lads in the youth set-up who are very good players. If we’re optimistic, at most two will make it to the first team. What happens to the other 18? They might end up in Segunda División or [Spain’s third tier] Segunda B, which is very respectable. But if a big club had come in for them, they’ll never forgive themselves.

What about those players who have shown patience?

When I see [Marc] Bartra or Sergi Roberto I feel admiration, but there are a lot who didn’t make it and who were also very good.

Would you agree that you went from freedom in the Arsenal team to a confined role at Barça?

I’ve never shied away from the fact that, when I arrived at Barça, I was coming from a team in which I had been captain and everything went through me. It’s not that I was able to do as I liked, but I played where I thought I could do most damage. Then Pep [Guardiola, Barcelona coach at the time] and Tito [Vilanova, then Guardiola’s assistant] came and told me that my problem is I run too much. I always wanted to go where the ball was and dominate the game, but of course here you look to your right and there’s Xavi [Hernández], you look to your left and there’s [Andrés] Iniesta, ahead of you there’s Messi.

Are you aware you are often accused of being lazy and not running?

Yeah, of course I am. I know I have that reputation and it annoys me, because I don’t stop moving around the whole pitch. Perhaps too much, because by moving so much it seems like I’m nowhere.

Are you only appreciated for your goals?

Maybe. But, after the game against Villarreal, which I admit was my weakest match of the season so far, I was happy because I had played a part in the move that led to the [second] goal. But when people don’t see it like that you have no option but to put up with it.

Is more demanded from you because you came through the youth set-up?

I don’t want to get into that because when it is published it can be interpreted in many ways. Let’s say that at Barça the same is demanded of everyone.

Do you think the team needs to be freshened up?

The team has a lot of quality, so this group is sure to stay up there in every competition. But, when I signed, Pep said to me: “Now you’re in the same position as everyone else. These players have won everything, but that counts for nothing and we start from zero.” That’s the message: knowing that every season is a new start and that [Martín] Montoya is in the same position as [Dani] Alves. There are a number of legendary players like Xavi, [Carles] Puyol, etc. and time unfortunately goes by for them, too. The game is more and more aggressive, and there’s a very busy fixture schedule. We’re going to have to adapt, but that’s a decision for Zubi [sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta] and the president [Sandro Rosell].

The World Cup: a challenge or a dream?

It’ll be difficult. We saw in the Confederations Cup that the other teams are gunning for us. We’re the team to beat and the crowd isn’t on our side. We’ll go into the tournament as one of the favourites because we’re the holders, but no European team has won the World Cup in South America and it has been a long time since a country last won the trophy twice in a row.

Is January’s Liga BBVA match against Atlético Madrid almost a title decider?

I don’t know if it’ll decide the league, but it’ll be a huge confidence boost for the winning team. Whatever happens, Atlético are among the favourites to win the league with Real Madrid and us.

http://as.com/diarioas/2013/12/27/english/1388173184_896245.html

_________________



#treble2009 #treble2015 #sextuple2009 #sextuple2015
Visca el Barca!
avatar
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4268
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by danyjr on Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:50 pm

Wait...people still play Comunio? rofl

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4547
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by Khaled on Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:16 pm

@danyjr wrote:Wait...people still play Comunio? rofl
I have no idea about it, any link? :-)

_________________



#treble2009 #treble2015 #sextuple2009 #sextuple2015
Visca el Barca!
avatar
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4268
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by free_cat on Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:17 pm

More than ever. I don't play it but I know many people that do.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by Khaled on Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:34 pm

Most Barcelona assists since the start of season 2011/12 (all official comps)

Messi 48 (added 147 goals)
@cesc4official 41 (added 38 goals)
@andresiniesta8 36 (added 15 goals)
Xavi 30 (added 24 goals)
Alves 28 (added 6 goals)
Alexis 21 (added 34 goals)

_________________



#treble2009 #treble2015 #sextuple2009 #sextuple2015
Visca el Barca!
avatar
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4268
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by danyjr on Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:45 pm

I used to play it with my highschool friends Laughing

http://www.comunio.es/?language=es_ES

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4547
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by Khaled on Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:52 pm

@danyjr wrote:I used to play it with my highschool friends Laughing

http://www.comunio.es/?language=es_ES
thanks :-)

_________________



#treble2009 #treble2015 #sextuple2009 #sextuple2015
Visca el Barca!
avatar
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4268
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by Hawky on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Nice read (the interview). I always liked him as a player even if sometimes I got really mad at him for his performances. He would be ideal as a CAM in a 4-2-3-1 but even then I think he would have problems playing with Messi as a false 9 in front of him. At least he managed to do the things he came for at Barca in the first place - win trophies.

I wonder if he would play better as a CM for us with a more solid and athletic CM beside him.

_________________
Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?
avatar
Hawky
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 250
Join date : 2012-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by Khaled on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:47 pm

Fabregas record in 125 official Barcelona games: 92W - 23D - 10L #fcblive

Goals: 40
Assists: 43
G+A: 83 [0.87 per 90 mins]
Trophies: 6

_________________



#treble2009 #treble2015 #sextuple2009 #sextuple2015
Visca el Barca!
avatar
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4268
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by Winter is Coming on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:39 pm

Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas denies he was angry with coach Tata Martino after being substituted during their draw at Levante.

Cesc thumped the dugout's roof and was visibly upset when taking his seat in the second-half.

"I was very angry about how the game was going," he said.

"I was happy on the field but frustrated because the team was creating danger but could not breakthrough.

"It was one of those days when the ball does not want to go in."

_________________

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3602
Join date : 2013-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Cesc Fabregas - The Lost Lamb

Post by futbol on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:36 am

Cesc: "Martino gave me confidence, he always believed in me. He knows what kind of player I am, he doesn't ask me things I can't do." [efe]

Like starting big games? Proud

_________________
"The shape looks good."


futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 10369
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum