When Mourinho leaves who should we replace him with?

+55
RedOranje
Cyborg
DeletedUser#1
REWB
Gil
Adit
King Meyy
Kick
Error
chad4401
RealGunner
Doc
stront96
sportsczy
Goal Digger
hrealmadrid
raulmadrid4vr
buddytaller
Mr Nick09
Zealous
FalcaoPunch
rwo power
Future
FennecFox7
Xifio
Real Kandahar
LuckAndWin
McAgger
Freeza
Nedved
Valkyrja
guest7
Lupi
StevieRayVaughan
Jack Daniels
StrugaRock
VanDeezNuts
the xcx
DeviAngel
Art Morte
halamadrid2
Mamad
LeVersacci
SuperMAG
Pedram
teamanarchy
punkfusion1992
S32TABLANCA
The Madrid One
stunt
Babun
Yuri Yukuv
Die Borussen
Senor Penguin
Onyx
59 posters

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

When Mourinho leaves who should we replace him with? - Page 8 Empty Re: When Mourinho leaves who should we replace him with?

Post by Nedved Tue May 07, 2013 12:37 am

Honestly - Madrid appears like an epitome in football management for managers due to the clubs history and they can't resist the offer, but the feeling soon fades and it seems like a shit hole to managers.

I am sorry to say this but Madrid- local fans, media and management are themselves a disgrace to the club. I was disgusted when they booed Higuain (one of their own captain). They absolutely have no respect to people. You can't get any better managers than - Del Bosque, Pelligirini and Mou. If you can't hold on to the best, then there is something wrong with Madrid.

Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

When Mourinho leaves who should we replace him with? - Page 8 Empty Re: When Mourinho leaves who should we replace him with?

Post by sportsczy Tue May 07, 2013 7:30 am

Nothing wrong with Madrid. It's just what it is... 18 managers in 21 years. The media and the fans put a lot of pressure onthe manager and the club. managers either get fired or burn out from the pressure. I mean it's no different than Barca now. Pep, who was about as perfect a fit as there could be, burned out after only 4 years. I don't see anyone lasting more than 2-3 years at Barca either despite the club being more mellow over there.

As fas Pelle and anyone else really... getting eliminated early from CL is the kiss of death. Getting very far behind in La Liga early is also a kiss of death. To survive at Madrid, you have to be battling La Liga until the end every year, make CL quarters every year and win one of them at least every year. Nobody's been able to do that for a long time consistently lol. You could say the expectations are a bit insane.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Tue May 07, 2013 9:33 am

Who cares if he doesnt speek spanish, he speaks football, that all it needs to be.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue May 07, 2013 1:10 pm

Maybe Klopp can send his Fifa manager mode save file to the team and they can just study the tactics he uses. That would break the language barrier hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 07, 2013 1:20 pm

i think every manager needs to learn the language of the country he's managing. Carlo learned French in 3 months... i don't see why others can't.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Tue May 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Expectations are not a problem. Any big clubs will have those. But having unrealistic expectations and short shortsightedness is the problem and I think this attitude cuts across fans & media(controlled by politics). This is a huge problem with Madrid. It is a cultural thing I believe.

Madrid is better off getting a Coach - who is Spanish speaking and worked/played in RM before so he understands the system/culture well. Madrid needs some vision and a program to match it.

Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 07, 2013 4:56 pm

fans screaming "Vete Ya Cabron!" at Mou when he was leaving Valdebas today lol.

It means "Leave asshole!". lol
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue May 07, 2013 5:02 pm

The fans and the spanish press are such garbage.

Now casillas doesn't start. And I see no damn problem about it. The press has Iker on a throne and Mourinho has a coach has the right to play who he wants when he wants to. People are complaining that Iker isn't even getting minutes now... when in the hell did Adan ever "get minutes" when Iker was starting? close to none.

There are of course problems in the dressing room for quite some time,for example Pepe coming out recently regarding words of Mourinho. Mou has said many things and seemingly caused problems with several players... but now is the time Pepe speaks out?

Like Mou said," Pepe was run over by a 19 year old named Varane"
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Tue May 07, 2013 5:14 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:The fans and the spanish press are such garbage.

Now casillas doesn't start. And I see no damn problem about it. The press has Iker on a throne and Mourinho has a coach has the right to play who he wants when he wants to. People are complaining that Iker isn't even getting minutes now... when in the hell did Adan ever "get minutes" when Iker was starting? close to none.

There are of course problems in the dressing room for quite some time,for example Pepe coming out recently regarding words of Mourinho. Mou has said many things and seemingly caused problems with several players... but now is the time Pepe speaks out?

You simply don't bench a world class five times in a row best goalkeeper club legend and a veteran and like that. Mourinho tried to play Adan in front of Iker cause he was in a better "from", no way Adan was in a better form, Mou just wanted to show Iker that he is the boss not Iker, also he had an issue with him.

Jose played with fire, and it was surely that he will get burned, I always said that Jose Mouinho is the perfect coach for Madrid, but seeing how he has treated our club icon, I say Mou GTFO!!
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue May 07, 2013 5:43 pm

StrugaRock wrote:

You simply don't bench a world class five times in a row best goalkeeper club legend and a veteran and like that. Mourinho tried to play Adan in front of Iker cause he was in a better "from", no way Adan was in a better form, Mou just wanted to show Iker that he is the boss not Iker, also he had an issue with him.

Jose played with fire, and it was surely that he will get burned, I always said that Jose Mouinho is the perfect coach for Madrid, but seeing how he has treated our club icon, I say Mou GTFO!!

I agree with you on the whole Adan vs Casillas issue that happened earlier this year. His words were out of place when comparing the two. But casillas wasn't playing to well either and that was noted by a majority of us here on the forum.

Now we have Lopez, who is doing tremendously well, so I see no reason to "give" Iker minutes if Lopez is perfectly fit to play.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 07, 2013 5:55 pm

If we win CDR, is Mou going to be part of the parade? I hope he does. The abuse he will need to take Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue May 07, 2013 6:04 pm

agreed where was pepe when mou was going in on benzema calling him a cat at press conference and watching the mental break down unfold for the world to see, where were the fans and the media? and after all that mou still tried to take credit for it when it worked out Laughing

i know benz can't be compared to iker as far player status goes but still didn't make it right imo
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue May 07, 2013 6:20 pm

Mourinho getting ready to leave hmm Someone on twitter posted this pic of Mou buying boxes and tapes from IKEA

When Mourinho leaves who should we replace him with? - Page 8 BJfxi-ICEAE7UMJ
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Sat May 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Martinez is Spanish , experienced, did well in EPL. why not him?
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon May 13, 2013 12:05 am

Yeah, sure. Could he manage a big club like madrid?
He isn't a bad manager. but he's inexperienced on the big stage
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon May 13, 2013 12:38 am

Nedved wrote:Martinez is Spanish , experienced, did well in EPL. why not him?
Wigan coach?
Oh my god shoot yourself.

Kidding dont. But still I hate Martinez.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 13, 2013 2:01 am

Laughing Martinez won't survive a week at Madrid.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Mon May 13, 2013 2:07 am

I guess RM doesn't risk managers with out CL experience. I like what he & Landurp did in EPL. I wish RM chooses someone low profile, but effective and young manager and perhaps speaks Spanish.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Mon May 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Seriously? Martinez? At least Laudrup has something so show like Swansea and Getafe success stories. Only thing Martinez has is a struggling Wigan which by somehow escapes the relegation in the couple last rounds in every year.

My shortlist looks like this:
1. Klopp
2. Laudrup
3. Villa-Boas
4. Heynecks
5. Löw
6. Ancelotti

Conte would also be an interesting option but cannot see him leaving Juve atm. Blanc and Deschamp are also guys I would keep eye on. They could form a really nice pair with Zidane.
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon May 13, 2013 1:02 pm

AVB Laughing

Surely, you've either gotta get Carlo, Laudrup, or Heynecks.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Mon May 13, 2013 1:52 pm

Guys how good is Toril anyways?

My personal choices are Heynecks or Laudrup, Klopp would be too but he isn't leaving BvB for Real Madrid, or that's what he said.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 13, 2013 1:58 pm

Toril is nowhere near good enough
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by King Meyy Mon May 13, 2013 3:17 pm

Actually Martinez would be a very good fit as long as he keeps a low profile...you might say he manages a team that manages to escape relegation is all he is done...but with another manager they would have been relegated every season with no squad improvements made and no way to attract players moderately well even and selling your best like Valencia to Man Utd....He still escapes relegation at the last minute meaning he might well be the man for the pressure time when the time for cup finals andlast matches of the league are left even further validating this statement: Day before yesterday he shocked Manc City to Win Wigan their first trophy in 81years...its the nature and history of the club thats preventing him.

If has 3 years he will win 3 copa del reys and maybe even the champions league but i wonder if he will be able to win la liga.

Great guts and find by Real Madrid if they went for Roberto Martinez.

King Meyy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 13, 2013 3:49 pm

If we won't get Klopp, I'd like Laudrup.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 13, 2013 4:03 pm

lol we are all discussing managers but as it looks now nobody wants to pay that 20mill so he will probably stay Proud
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 13, 2013 4:06 pm

If he stays, we should make him the manager of Castilla and get someone else for Madrid... smoking

He's not staying anyhow lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next