When Mourinho leaves who should we replace him with?

+55
RedOranje
Cyborg
DeletedUser#1
REWB
Gil
Adit
King Meyy
Kick
Error
chad4401
RealGunner
Doc
stront96
sportsczy
Goal Digger
hrealmadrid
raulmadrid4vr
buddytaller
Mr Nick09
Zealous
FalcaoPunch
rwo power
Future
FennecFox7
Xifio
Real Kandahar
LuckAndWin
McAgger
Freeza
Nedved
Valkyrja
guest7
Lupi
StevieRayVaughan
Jack Daniels
StrugaRock
VanDeezNuts
the xcx
DeviAngel
Art Morte
halamadrid2
Mamad
LeVersacci
SuperMAG
Pedram
teamanarchy
punkfusion1992
S32TABLANCA
The Madrid One
stunt
Babun
Yuri Yukuv
Die Borussen
Senor Penguin
Onyx
59 posters

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

When Mourinho leaves who should we replace him with? - Page 9 Empty Re: When Mourinho leaves who should we replace him with?

Post by sportsczy Mon May 13, 2013 4:06 pm

If he stays, we should make him the manager of Castilla and get someone else for Madrid... smoking

He's not staying anyhow lol.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

When Mourinho leaves who should we replace him with? - Page 9 Empty Re: When Mourinho leaves who should we replace him with?

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 13, 2013 4:09 pm

yeah, madrid will let him go for nothing if they have to, but he is not staying
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 13, 2013 4:13 pm

madrid are not gonna pay that 20mill and unless Abramovic forks up I am afraid we will endure another season with him. And as it stands now Abra is playing tough guy.

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon May 13, 2013 4:14 pm

Please oh please can we stop bringing up Martinez... never in a million years.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 13, 2013 4:18 pm

if Mou does leave then I want a madridista as our coach not some mercenary only here for personal gain. Give me Benitez for all I care at least he loves our club and will do everything in his power to make us win

Last time we won the CL well you can guess who we had Proud
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon May 13, 2013 4:20 pm

My preference

1.Rafa Benitez

2.Michel Laudrup

3.Carlo Ancelotti

Hyneck said he is taking a break,Klopp simply wont come at this moment.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 13, 2013 4:24 pm

1 laudrup

2 benitez

3. ahh feck
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Mon May 13, 2013 4:30 pm

Very Happy

RM & Chelsea may end up swapping their midwives.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon May 13, 2013 5:02 pm

who else is abra going to get as manager? he will eventually pay the 20m or something close to it.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon May 13, 2013 5:25 pm

laudrup please
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 13, 2013 5:30 pm

Benitez No
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon May 13, 2013 5:32 pm

Roman isn't paying 20m. Madrid have already burnt their bridges with Mou so they have to let him go for free, imagine the circus next year if they keep him. Laughing

Can't see him splashing 20m on Mou after the AVB fiasco. Don't be surprised to see Zola links in the upcoming weeks.

Rafa to Madrid lads. bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 13, 2013 5:32 pm

PSG president - Real Madrid ask for Ancelotti.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/05/13/primera/1368456058_188189.html

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon May 13, 2013 5:44 pm

I can't believe Benitez' name is being mentioned, he went 4 years trophyless at Liverpool, took over treble winning Inter and turned them to crap in less than half a season. He took over Chelsea just 4 points from United and they're about 20 points behind now. Madrid would do well to steer of an excuse for a manager.

Laudrup will be another Schuster, the media will eat him up in a season if things don't go well and more importantly, he lacks experience in Europe. If Real Madrid are willing to give him 3 or so seasons to build a side capable of winning then he could be an option but Real wants to win now.

The only coaches in my opinion who come close to Mourinho now are Klopp and Hynckes, but I doubt they'll be willing to come, if I was Perez, I'll do everything in my power to keep Mourinho.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Don't agree about the Laudrup/Schuster comparison. Laudrup is much more respected in Spain than Schuster (plus the media had it out for Schuster from the start since he was always seen as cold/robotic) Laudrup is not like that. European experience is a valid concern though.

At this point I can see us keeping Mou and honestly I think that would set a great example that this club has finally weeded out player power.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Mourinho staying would be an utter disaster. For one, it can't happen due to Iker situation. Ramos is staying quiet until after the season... but i have no doubt he will rip into Mou after the games to back up Iker.

CR7 saying "I don't care about Mourinho. I only care about Real Madrid." says it all about how he feels.

Can't say Pepe has any love for man too lol.

Not to mention he offends the country every time he gets on the microphone now lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 13, 2013 5:56 pm

Wouldn't be ideal I agree but I'd rather that than hire Benitez.

I'd love to be wrong but that scenario would be a train wreck waiting to happen.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 13, 2013 5:59 pm

Mourinho is one of the best coaches in the World, however since he's been at Real Madrid our tactics haven't really developed in 3 years. We've been over reliant on counter-attacks. Our defending isn't the best, nor is the possession and we seem to lack that extra intelligence in big games.

Someone like Heynckes has shown Bayern are solid defensively, possession wise, counter-attacking, tactically etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon May 13, 2013 5:59 pm

really? mou wants to go, you simply cant keep someone who wants to go, he wont put any effort in, there would be too much bad blood in that camp. keeping mou would totally ruin RM whole season, and they cant afford that.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 13, 2013 6:00 pm

Dont think so Zealous, how do you keep mourinho in a context where he has turned the dressing room against him, and hope to be building for the future?even you will admit that his cycle is well over, good or bad, that's not the point and i dont wanna get into it anyway.

I think we look forward, different direction, different players with a new midfield identity, and a manager that understands that winning the midfield battle is the most important thing in footy. Like Sam said, someone who understands how to get his team to press collectively, with the lines closer to each other, move the ball forward, use of width etc... things that are severely lacking from us and things we usually find in teams that dominate at european level.

Laudrup gets it imo, his sample size at Swansea was a great demonstration of european pedigree. Same with Benitez in my opinion, i think he gets it. European experience is not so much a concern when you know that your manager understands those principles. The argument that without mou we are lost lambs in europe is getting old. he had chances to show his stuff and whenever we played similarly talented teams, we never dominated in anyway shape or form.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon May 13, 2013 6:08 pm

The real train wreck will be keeping Mourinho.

He lost almost every where tactically,Lost the dressing room,Lost the media,Lost the fans....

cant believe people still wants him to stay. Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 13, 2013 6:09 pm

You guys can try to convince yourselves that Benitez is good but I'll give it 6 months before you and the press demand his head on a pike. Let's see what a happens but I'm not impressed by Rafa at all.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 13, 2013 6:10 pm

Adit wrote:The real train wreck will be keeping Mourinho.

He lost almost every where tactically,Lost the dressing room,Lost the media,Lost the fans....

cant believe people still wants him to stay. Laughing

This is an accurate prediction of what will happen if Benitez takes over.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon May 13, 2013 6:18 pm

Bentez's stint at Inter Milan is a poor example. Mou left Inter because he knew that age old squad was finished. He didnt get the financial backing from Moratti . what happened after Benitez left any way? they appointed zillions of managers and all of them failed...the squad simply aint good enough.

He did Ok at Chelsea. They are almost certainly finishing 3rd and that is an improvement over what they were when Rafa took over.Chelsea squad was not his squad, he simply took over a squad at midway and made them finish top 3 ,which is pretty good considering he had no time to build a team.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon May 13, 2013 6:18 pm

meh pls not benitez, i'm already tired of a new soap opera every week

time to get a manager that will make the media focus on our football and not our dressing room every week... if that's even possible...
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 13, 2013 6:23 pm

He is good, in the past he has won because he tried to put football principles across, both with liverpool and valencia. he works things out with the football, he doesnt play mind games to supercharged his players emotionally so that they can achieve success.

Obviously, if you tell me that you would prefer having Klopp i would agree, but we are not exactly shopping at walmart here, we cant have anyone we want. So out of the possible managers out there with the pedigree to coach us, i think he has got the football acumen. As a man manager he can ruin things in two weeks, and that plays against him.

Laudrup is easily my top choice, but i dont think we are even looking at him nowadays, which is a great shame because i think we can convince him to take the job.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next