Ganso
Gold_e
Blue
18 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Falcao and Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Falcao and Hulk

Post by Soul Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:53 am

He can but he is at his most lethal on the right when he can shoot with his preferred left foot

Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:59 am

roman.abramovich wrote:He can but he is at his most lethal on the right when he can shoot with his preferred left foot

True

But he also has a decent right foot, with Chelsea he will be more of a supplier then goal scorer but that might be a good thing.

Latest on Falcao

He wants a move to Chelsea, not sure if we want him.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:00 am

kick mars wrote:Bit Like Ramires?

yep, but rameries was owned by benfica and an investor, hulk is owned 80% by porto and the other 20% by his brazilian club and his j-league side, would be very messy as chelsea would have to agree to THREE transfer fees to get him as PL doesnt allow co-onership
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:03 am

Latest on Hulk

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:46 am

I think Falcao would come, and Hulk. Remember Mou? He brought half his team lol . Does anyone know what formation AVB plays?
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:48 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:I think Falcao would come, and Hulk. Remember Mou? He brought half his team lol . Does anyone know what formation AVB plays?

The same formation we have been playing for the last decade, the infamous 4-3-3. Sad

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:51 am

4-3-3.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:01 am

lol... so Mou all over again then Very Happy awesome!
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:06 am

lol yeah. Just more attacking.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:31 am

If we sign Falcao then Torres better perform. Because this could be Sheva+Drogba 2.0.

People forget that one of the reason Sheva flopped, it was because Drogba was the better striker and fitted Chelsea a lot better.

could have a similar situation on our hand.

I still believe in Torres btw.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:33 am

I think we all still believe in Torres.

Thats why Falcao cannot join us.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:52 am

You can never tell what Roman is going to do, yesterday we were all thinking Guus was going to be our next manager and now AVB seems very likely.

many surprises awaits us.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:52 am

But with the manager comes a lot of his favoured players. Apparently AVB likes Falcao... and Falcao is ready to move to Chelsea!
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:55 am

Blue wrote:You can never tell what Roman is going to do, yesterday we were all thinking Guus was going to be our next manager and now AVB seems very likely.

many surprises awaits us.

Couldn't agree more. Hopefully good ones.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:11 pm

No Falcao please

Hulk would be fine though.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:28 pm

Why not Falcao over Lukaku?

Lukaku is only a fraction cheaper, and i feel safer having Falcao in case Torres underperforms and lets remember Torres is kinda injury prone.

Boas signing>>>>>then some guy at Chelsea.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:44 pm

chelsea= new brazil ?
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:02 pm

Hulk is a possiblity, even bigger now since We have AVB.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:06 pm

Okay so my understanding is that in a 4-3-3 Falcao can only play where Drogba plays and Hulk can play everywhere like Anelka. Here's a few things to consider:

1) Do you need both players? Hulk would arguably provide a good addition to our attack and he can play left with Torres in the center and Sturridge at the right. But Falcao? With Lukaku coming and Drogba not leaving, we do not need to buy 2 strikers. Blue, Villas isn't going to have a say in the Lukaku and De Bruyne transfers and Roman will probably tell him beforehand that we are in negotiations with those two and to expect them to join. However, I expect him to have freedom over any other transfer and any player he wants to sell. So if he wants to bring in Falcao, he'll definitely have to sell Drogba first and then we'll have Torres, Falcao and Lukaku as central striker guys. But to have those three competing for one position in my opinion is unnecessary, and I know we will have the same situation if we keep Drogba but everyone knows Drogba will soon be leaving so he won't be that necessary to play, whereas in Falcao you have a 20m striker who you have to play along with Lukaku and Torres.

2) The price. Hulk has a release clause of 87m pounds and although we can get him for less as he probably wants to leave too, he will come for no less than 25-30m. Porto will be keen to point out that that is more than 50m less than his release clause so that is a fair price. Falcao would cost between 18-22m I would imagine, as he was also a main player last season. If we buy both, they will probably end up costing 45m at the very least. Plus the fact that we still need to buy Modric/Pastore who will end up costing 30m, bringing the total up to 75m, and Lukaku and De Bruyne will end up bringing it up to 100m+. Buying Falcoa and Hulk is unnecessary.

Personally I think we should go after Hulk only. Instead of Falcao we can keep Drogba and have Torres, Drogba and Lukaku competing for our central striker role which is more than good. However, if we were to continue 4-3-3 then it will be important to buy someone like Hulk as we won't have anyone to play at the left (unless Malouda is an option, which he isn't). Also as far as I know Hulk can also play as a central striker so he will provide another option over there too.

For who we will sell I do not know; if we keep Torres, Sturridge, and Hulk as our front three, who's there to replace them at the wings? Kakuta, Kalou...and that will probably mean keeping one of Malouda or Anelka.

But it's still very early days and I'm sure Villas has some completely different ideas, but I think Hulk would be a good addition if we can get him at or under 30m.

Last edited by english_jewel on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:23 pm

xabi wrote:chelsea= new brazil ?

lol totally! :p
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:29 pm

If Falcao comes then this surely means Drogba is leaving and our interest in Lukaku is off.

The next few weeks is going to be very interesting.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:32 pm

I would still very much want Lukaku. And so therefore no Falcao.

Last edited by english_jewel on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:47 pm

I dont think Falcao is an option.. seems he is tied to AVB.

iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:55 pm

I have been against Lukaku for a while, for couple of reasons.

1. 20m is way too much for a 17 year old, and btw he has one year left in his contract. He should let his contract expire and join us next year for free.

2. No change football style. It seems like the club wants to find a Drogba look a like so we can continue the same football style we have been playing for the last ten years. I don't fancy another decade of the same Chelsea style.

3. Don't think he is up to task of replacing Torres, he is not reliable enough to replace Torres if injury occurs.

Falcao is slightly more expensive, and will give us another dimension. His game is very similar to Chicharito, but of course Falcao is a more complete player.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:41 pm

Blue wrote:I have been against Lukaku for a while, for couple of reasons.

1. 20m is way too much for a 17 year old, and btw he has one year left in his contract. He should let his contract expire and join us next year for free.

2. No change football style. It seems like the club wants to find a Drogba look a like so we can continue the same football style we have been playing for the last ten years. I don't fancy another decade of the same Chelsea style.

3. Don't think he is up to task of replacing Torres, he is not reliable enough to replace Torres if injury occurs.

Falcao is slightly more expensive, and will give us another dimension. His game is very similar to Chicharito, but of course Falcao is a more complete player.

1) Do you think his club would allow that to happen? If they don't sell him this summer they'll sell him next January, they would want to SELL after all he's such a hot prospect. He won't just join for free. And yes only time will tell whether he's worth 20m, but after all he has shown he is certainly worth the gamble because not just I, but the club can see him being a great goal scorer in the future.

2) Lukaku is more than Drogba in terms of how he plays. Unfortunately at his club he is the only one who can get goals and so they basically fully depend on him. However, Lukaku has a creative side to him and he has said he doesn't like the way he plays there and that he would like to play as a playmaking striker. We can develop him in a 4-4-2 formation with him playing ahead of another striker if we wanted to (this wouldn't work with Drogba), this can be possible because he's at a very young age right now. So it doesn't have to be hoof-the-ball-up with him, if we develop him correctly he can work with a sexy Chelsea side in the future. The problem wasn't Drogba in this physical Chelsea side; it was the fact that every player around him was a physical, hard-working player so naturally the side was characteristic of that. However, we do not end up running the risk of being a side like that with Lukaku because as long as the other players around him aren't physical types of players, our side wouldn't be characterized as physical and Lukaku can easily adapt. Villas would make sure of that I'm sure.

3) We have many options for this. We have Drogba, who showed at the latter part last season that he isn't done, to get some goals and you never know how Lukaku might start out in the PL. He could prove to be another Hernandez, you never know. Also if we get Hulk he can be used as a striker so we could always play him there too. And Sturridge can play in that position.

Lukaku is a better option than Falcao because I doubt whether Falcao would be able to adapt to the PL, whereas with Lukaku he is practically born for the PL. Also Lukaku he will be cheaper and our goal supply will be fixed for the next decade or so, same cannot be said of Falcao.

Last edited by english_jewel on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:42 pm

Haha sounds funny when you say FalcoA

I'm sure Falcao would be fine in the EPL but he don't need a poacher in the team especially since we ain't gonna sell Torres.

We really need some departures ASAP why can't some teams come in for Anelka.....
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next