justdoit_
kiranr
Zealous
BarrileteCosmico
Mr Nick09
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Barca path to the finals not so clear. Empty Barca path to the finals not so clear.

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:07 pm

I dont know if anyone mentioned it but this draw is the trickiest Barca could have hoped for.

Their first game is going to be against a team that will pose a complicated match up for them. They played earlier this year and it was already two very close games. Ibra has become surprisingly great in CL this year, and Milan is usually one to step up in big games and match whatever comes their way.

While their second game is potentially going to be against Chelsea, and i expect a banger. If Chelsea are showing anything close to the mentality and determination they showcased against Napoli, They are another team that can defend for 90 minutes and run the counter. Athletically they have the tools to stop barca, with John Terry being the most successful on the pitch manager in current times.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Barca path to the finals not so clear. Empty Re: Barca path to the finals not so clear.

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:13 pm

To be the best you have to beat the best. It'll be incredibly difficult, and with the lack of luck we've had this year even more so, but we are still a notch above the competition.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Barca path to the finals not so clear. Empty Re: Barca path to the finals not so clear.

Post by Zealous Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:15 pm

Terry is the best coach in the world he is a gift to spectators.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:16 pm

Will make it all the more sweet to win the second CL final in a row :bow:
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:16 pm

Yeah...but they'll still get there...
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:26 pm

LOL Chelsea, Benfica have more chance of knocking Barca out ( presuming Barca knock out Milan) than they do.

Stop living in 2009, this Chelsea side is very average and are extremely lucky to still be in this competition.

I for one would not be suprised at all if Benfica knock them out.

It's ok tho you can leave in 2009 if you want to, we will live in 2012 where Chelsea are not even half the side they were and Barca are far superior to what they were in 2009.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:28 pm

^Not when John Terry is in charge. You better watch out.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:29 pm

The path is still pretty clear. It just a bit more difficult than previously thought. Good luck to Milan, Chelsea and Benfica. Would certainly need it...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Terry is the best player manager of all time. He has Bielsa for breakfast and defecates Cruyff before lunch.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Chelsea shouldnt be overrated now becos they knocked out Napoli. They are all about phsyicality and Barca is in much better shape with 3 years ago. Every department we are better now. And Chelsea are not. I dont fear any of their players, just their collective physical game. So if we cope with that it shouldnt be hard.

Milan also overrate albino
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:42 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:LOL Chelsea, Benfica have more chance of knocking Barca out ( presuming Barca knock out Milan) than they do.

Stop living in 2009, this Chelsea side is very average and are extremely lucky to still be in this competition.

It's ok tho you can leave in 2009 if you want to, we will live in 2012 where Chelsea are not even half the side they were and Barca are far superior to what they were in 2009.

Not overrating Chelsea, i just think a team that is going to park the bus, run with you and look to counter and score on free kicks because of their dominant areal game is a worry for you.

That's of course if they go through Benfica, but i think there is a case to make for them. They arent as good as they used to be. The game will be one way for Barca, and it's not like Chelsea will try to attack.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:49 pm

Inb4alexwithmilanareaveragecomment
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:03 pm

I'm sorry to all Chelsea fans but I am not buying into this whole Chelsea is a new team with there new coach and now there really dangerous.

I mean is it just me or did they squeak by a bad Stoke team 1-0 in a contender for the one of the most boring games ever? They have been terrible over the last month or so. Also, they were great against Napoli but again Napoli could have gone through just as easily as Chelsea and everyone knows Napoli are very very suspect at the back.

Chelsea's defense is pretty poor giving away 2 goals to Everton and 3 to Bolton, these are teams that are just terrible going forward and have major problems scoring. I know that was under AVB but those issues are not just going to go away.

With Chelsea's Midfield and Defense Barca will cut them apart. This is not the same team that gave Barca all those problems a couple years ago. Chelsea lacks team speed and there midfield is very easily overrun, two things Barca will feast on.

I mean people assuming Chelsea are going to be in the Semi's are getting way ahead of themselves, Benefica will cause them all sorts of issues as well. I mean this is a Benefica team who played very well against United and helped knock them out.

I would have to say at this point in time Benefica are favored over Chelsea.

But yes, Barca got a bad draw compared to Madrid although I would rather face the teams we drew instead of Madrid or Bayern.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Milan will be a complicated tie but Barca are clear favorites and should win really if they play up to scratch and don't have too many injuries.

I could really only see Chelsea grinding out a 1-2 loss at home maybe but I can't see them not conceding 2-3+ at the Camp Nou.

Benfica have played well in the big games so far this CL, they did very well against Man Utd in the group stage and looked defensively solid with Garay and Luisao as their CBs, both are fantastic, while they do have weapons in attack like Gaitan or Cardozo. I could see Benfica getting a draw at home 2-2 with Barca in Portugal, but I don't think they would be able to hold Barca off at the Camp Nou, although it is possible.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:08 pm

dnmac4 wrote:I'm sorry to all Chelsea fans but I am not buying into this whole Chelsea is a new team with there new coach and now there really dangerous.

I mean is it just me or did they squeak by a bad Stoke team 1-0 in a contender for the one of the most boring games ever? They have been terrible over the last month or so. Also, they were great against Napoli but again Napoli could have gone through just as easily as Chelsea and everyone knows Napoli are very very suspect at the back.

Chelsea's defense is pretty poor giving away 2 goals to Everton and 3 to Bolton, these are teams that are just terrible going forward and have major problems scoring. I know that was under AVB but those issues are not just going to go away.

With Chelsea's Midfield and Defense Barca will cut them apart. This is not the same team that gave Barca all those problems a couple years ago. Chelsea lacks team speed and there midfield is very easily overrun, two things Barca will feast on.

I mean people assuming Chelsea are going to be in the Semi's are getting way ahead of themselves, Benefica will cause them all sorts of issues as well. I mean this is a Benefica team who played very well against United and helped knock them out.

I would have to say at this point in time Benefica are favored over Chelsea.

But yes, Barca got a bad draw compared to Madrid although I would rather face the teams we drew instead of Madrid or Bayern.
Your whole logic is TOTALLY FLAWED! The team was in complete disarray and disunity under AVB. They lacked passion too. You say its "not just going to go away"? Well Terry has been the defensive leader for more than a decade and his qualities are "not just going to go away" how about that for a reply?

Again, we DID NOT. And I repeat, WE DID NOT concede 3 goals to Bolton. Rather, we scored the 3 against them. Jesus! Your hatred for Chelsea must be sky high that you don't even care to look at the score column properly anymore. You just assume its a loss. scratch

Granted we are not the side we were in 2009, but there is maximum motivation in our squad right now. Plus the thought of revenge against Barca for '09 is also an added motivation.

You're probably one of those that said we'll get torn apart by Napoli....smh
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:11 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:LOL Chelsea, Benfica have more chance of knocking Barca out ( presuming Barca knock out Milan) than they do.

Didn't we hand Newcastle a 3-0 thrashing this season? Even when we were at our worst! Anyway, you were probably one of those that said we would get eaten alive by Napoli. How did that work out? :coffee:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Terry to coach his way to the CL crown :vagi:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:18 pm

Did you watch the game? 2 of your goals came in injury time after half of our defence had gone of injured and we hit the bar/post 5 times and your CB should have been sent off in the first 5 mins.

Plus iam not sure how thats relevant, its not like we would beat Benfica or Barca either we are an average side lol.

Yes i did think Napoli would go through but i did expect Napoli to perform so bad in the 2nd leg, only Lavezzi showed up.

But kudos for getting through, i just dont see how you would worry about Barca at all they have improved quite alot since 09 and you have gone backwards quite alot.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:18 pm

Barca path to the finals not so clear. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-tN0nTLPjEv2DYeDNmqyD_oUR5c0qLZUbEFjrBFL4aZIcTP0FogBarca path to the finals not so clear. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwF87-nHHfsRBYx08e4wvYnGn7AtQyFcyu-9PW_wnixVGvJdPz

We could see Barca in black and Real Madrid in white in the final right?

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:26 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Did you watch the game? 2 of your goals came in injury time after half of our defence had gone of injured and we hit the bar/post 5 times and your CB should have been sent off in the first 5 mins.

Plus iam not sure how thats relevant, its not like we would beat Benfica or Barca either we are an average side lol.

Yes i did think Napoli would go through but i did expect Napoli to perform so bad in the 2nd leg, only Lavezzi showed up.

But kudos for getting through, i just dont see how you would worry about Barca at all they have improved quite alot since 09 and you have gone backwards quite alot.
Point taken. Let's just hope its an entertaining stretch of matches.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:32 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Barca path to the finals not so clear. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-tN0nTLPjEv2DYeDNmqyD_oUR5c0qLZUbEFjrBFL4aZIcTP0FogBarca path to the finals not so clear. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwF87-nHHfsRBYx08e4wvYnGn7AtQyFcyu-9PW_wnixVGvJdPz

good versus evil.. makes since to do black and white

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm

In Japanese Kabuki plays black is considered the "good" colour.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:53 pm

R.Madrid is the winner of CL. it was planned long time ago
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:57 pm

billionmillion wrote:R.Madrid is the winner of CL. it was planned long time ago
Mother of God! Who are those in your avatar & gif? affraid
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:03 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:Barca path to the finals not so clear. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-tN0nTLPjEv2DYeDNmqyD_oUR5c0qLZUbEFjrBFL4aZIcTP0FogBarca path to the finals not so clear. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwF87-nHHfsRBYx08e4wvYnGn7AtQyFcyu-9PW_wnixVGvJdPz

good versus evil.. makes since to do black and white

Free_Cat disagree with you. :coffee:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next