Who is better?

Pepe vs. Ramos? Vote_lcap90%Pepe vs. Ramos? Vote_rcap 90% 
[ 9 ]
Pepe vs. Ramos? Vote_lcap10%Pepe vs. Ramos? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 10

Pepe vs. Ramos? Empty Pepe vs. Ramos?

Post by Omniscient Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:48 am

This seems to be a very controversial topic, with nobody really presenting a clear argument.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Pepe vs. Ramos? Empty Re: Pepe vs. Ramos?

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:11 am

Ramos is all round better.

Pepe is error prone, haphazard, has poor balance and poor ball control/hoofs.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:27 pm

I think Pepe is the most important. Our defence leaks without him. Sergio Ramos is a great defender, but Pepe's recovery tackles are vital to his play and Real Madrid's play.

Also, Ramos concedes ALOT of fouls it seems, which is bad when his biggest weakness is dealing with balls into the box. But they're both bad at that.

I don't see a need for comparison when they are very similar. each relying on the other to recover just incase they don't win that ball when they quickly push up. Both are suspect in the air.

As for the guy above saying he is error prone, that's nonsense. In the last 2 months Marcelo, Arbeloa and indeed Ramos made more errors than Pepe has all season. Typical youtube fan believing what goal.com tells him and thinking he's an expert because he watches all our goals on Youtube/football-highlight.

I've never known any set of supporters to so consistently, ignorantly and harshly bash a key player of their own squad before. Now I understand why every other teams fan says we Madrid fans are the worst, the most plastic, the most ignorant and unfair.
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Pepe is error prone and haphazard. He isn't a complete package defender like Ramos.

Varane looks more composed than Pepe.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:55 pm

mtfootball wrote:Pepe is error prone and haphazard. He isn't a complete package defender like Ramos.

Can you point me in the direction of a glaring Pepe error this season?

An error like Ramos getting tackled by his own box against Rayo? Or an error like Arbeloa proving a lovely chested lay-off for the Real Betis striker to score?

Last edited by Travis_RM_91 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:49 pm

mtfootball wrote:Pepe is error prone and haphazard. He isn't a complete package defender like Ramos.

If Pepe is error prone, then what does that make Ramos? Pepe is an absolute beast. Take away the moments of madness he has every season, and you have a world class centre-back, who is always sweeping away the danger. Personally, it's too much to play with Pepe and Ramos, primarily because they're both aggressive in what they do. Fair enough, it does, to a certain extent, show passion, but it does leave a bitter taste in one's mouth, at times. Varane, in essence, is more composed than Pepe and Ramos. For an 18 year, he has shown tremendous qualities in every game he has played, and he hasn't made a single game. In addition to this, he rarely makes any fouls.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:02 pm

II Capitano wrote:

If Pepe is error prone, then what does that make Ramos? Pepe is an absolute beast. Take away the moments of madness he has every season, and you have a world class centre-back, who is always sweeping away the danger. Personally, it's too much to play with Pepe and Ramos, primarily because they're both aggressive in what they do. Fair enough, it does, to a certain extent, show passion, but it does leave a bitter taste in one's mouth, at times. Varane, in essence, is more composed than Pepe and Ramos. For an 18 year, he has shown tremendous qualities in every game he has played, and he hasn't made a single game. In addition to this, he rarely makes any fouls.

Plastic youtube fans - Try and reason with them at your own peril mate, lol. Only RM fans who don't watch Madrid and only read goal.com and watch youtube highlights have adopted this notion that Pepe is just an awful defender.
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:12 pm

He isn't an awful defender. He does have good qualities, however he isn't a complete package defender like Ramos.

Pepe has poor body balance to begin with.

This is based on watching 90 mins/stoppage time/extra time/penalties/whatever of every Real Madrid game.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:21 pm

Anyone that says that Ramos is a better CB than Pepe is a joke. Really...Pepe is better at pretty much everything to do with defending.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:27 pm

mtfootball wrote:He isn't an awful defender. He does have good qualities, however he isn't a complete package defender like Ramos.

This is based on watching 90 mins/stoppage time/extra time/penalties/whatever of every Real Madrid game.

The other guys are right, you do indeed moan too much lol.
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:31 pm

Travis_RM_91 wrote:
mtfootball wrote:He isn't an awful defender. He does have good qualities, however he isn't a complete package defender like Ramos.

So just because I'm disagreeing with you I'm moaning? scratch

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:33 pm

mtfootball wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:

You're moaning as your picking out faults that, even if they do exist, are barely noticeable and do no harm.

Again, can anyone point me in the direction of a Ramos-esque or Arbeloa-like error made by the ''haphazard, error prone'' and allegedly clumsy Pepe?
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:41 pm

Travis_RM_91 wrote:
mtfootball wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:

You're moaning as your picking out faults that, even if they do exist, are barely noticeable and do no harm.

Again, can anyone point me in the direction of a Ramos-esque or Arbeloa-like error made by the ''haphazard, error prone'' and allegedly clumsy Pepe?

It's not about errors, I'm talking about ability. Ramos is more of a complete package defender than Pepe.

Also whenever Pepe can't get his way against an attacker, he starts fouling and being overaggressive.

The thing is Pepe just doesn't look solid. You just can't trust him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:43 pm

mtfootball wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:
mtfootball wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:

It's not about errors, I'm talking about ability. Ramos is more of a complete package defender than Pepe.

Also whenever Pepe can't get his way against an attacker, he starts fouling and being overaggressive.

You've just described Ramos.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:47 pm

mtfootball wrote:

That's BS, Pepe is a fantastic stopper, he might not be the cleanest, but trying to make it sound like he cant stop players without fooling them is wrong.

And what if Ramos is better rounded than Pepe? Vidic is not as complete of a footballer as Ramos, yet there is no doubt who the better defender is. Pepe is a stud defender and stopper, it's no big deal if he cant dribble as well as Ramos, we dont pay him for that.

Travis asked you to mention situations in games where Pepe made crucial mistakes like Arbeloa or Ramos lately, and i have to say im waiting as well...

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:49 pm

mtfootball wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:
mtfootball wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:

Isn't Ramos the guy with 13 red cards in his career? If a defender doesn't make mistakes, he is solid. How many times do you see Pepe get skilled or tricked by an attacker like Ramos does?

You hate Pepe because the Barcelona fanboys from goal.com and similar sites told you too, but only plastic youtube fans fall for it. If you watch closely, you will see that Pepe's recovery tackles are extraordinary and vital to Real Madrid's playing style. Madrid woulda dropped many more points if Pepe didn't rescue the situation from a Ramos or Arbeloa error, especially since the Xmas break.

Anyone without any bias can see that, his insane behaviour aside, Pepe IS one of the world's best defenders, certainly a top 10 centre-back.
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:53 pm

Too lazy to right this again:

izzy wrote:What? Pepe can't read the game?

Ramos likes to go forward with the ball, loves to try and steal the ball aswell, he must have the most steals on our team by some distance. But Pepe is always there to back him up. So when Ramos makes a mistake Pepe is instantly there to understand that Ramos needs to be covered and that Alonso will drop deeper given him the time to cover Ramos. When Ramos pushes forward, Pepe is there to organise the backline and make sure the offside trap is in-effect with fullbacks. When the fullbacks push-up and are exposed, Pepe is always there to cover the flanks when the opponent trys to exploit it.

Pepe reads the game brilliantly. One of the top 10 CBs in the game right now. Ramos relies on Pepe just as much as Pepe relies on Ramos.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:00 pm

Travis_RM_91 wrote:
mtfootball wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:
mtfootball wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:

Isn't Ramos the guy with 13 red cards in his career? If a defender doesn't make mistakes, he is solid. How many times do you see Pepe get skilled or tricked by an attacker like Ramos does?

You hate Pepe because the Barcelona fanboys from goal.com and similar sites told you too, but only plastic youtube fans fall for it. If you watch closely, you will see that Pepe's recovery tackles are extraordinary and vital to Real Madrid's playing style. Madrid woulda dropped many more points if Pepe didn't rescue the situation from a Ramos or Arbeloa error, especially since the Xmas break.

Anyone without any bias can see that, his insane behaviour aside, Pepe IS one of the world's best defenders, certainly a top 10 centre-back.

I can't remember things from over 2700 minutes in La liga.

I don't hate Pepe based on what the Barca fans think of him. I've always disliked Pepe's playing style. He's always had poor body balance and just doesn't look composed enough. Varane looks more solid and composed. But that doesn't mean Pepe does not have any good qualities.

The title of the thread is Ramos or Pepe? The answer for me is Ramos. He is an all round package unlike Pepe.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:06 pm

Lets not forget Pepe's performances against Malaga or Getafe now....or Sevilla for that matter.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:09 pm

Ramos any day.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:38 pm

Ramos is the complete package. Pepe is a better tackler.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:40 pm

Can someone define ''complete package''?

I personally prefer a good defensive player in central defence than a ''complete package'' footballer...
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:49 pm

A complete package defender.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:07 pm

mtfootball wrote:A complete package defender.

He's a very talented defender, but complete package? I'd expevt a complete package defender to be damn good at defending set pieces.

It's a bit like going on a complete package holiday then finding out it doesn't include a hotel.
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:11 pm

Travis_RM_91 wrote:
mtfootball wrote:A complete package defender.

He's a very talented defender, but complete package? I'd expevt a complete package defender to be damn good at defending set pieces.

It's a bit like going on a complete package holiday then finding out it doesn't include a hotel.

Who are we talking about.....Pepe's the one who's torrid at set pieces , despite being more athletically gifted than everyone.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next