Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by Ganso Tue May 13, 2014 10:50 pm

danyjr wrote:
RealGunner wrote:-----De Rossi----Pirlo------Motta/Verratti
------------------Cassano---------------
--------Balotelli---------------G.Rossi------

imo

That attack is way too slow in my opinion.
they reached Euro final with

-------Montolivo----------
----Balo--------Cassano--

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 13, 2014 10:51 pm

danyjr wrote:
RealGunner wrote:-----De Rossi----Pirlo------Motta/Verratti
------------------Cassano---------------
--------Balotelli---------------G.Rossi------

imo

That attack is way too slow in my opinion.

I am sure Balo has 86 pace and G Rossi 84 hmm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue May 13, 2014 10:52 pm

on paper he can play even SS  ( I wouldn't be so surprised if Prandelli plays again with 3-5-2) as he did to Torino this year, of course an atypical SS under Ventura's game in that 3-5-2 etting so popular in this Serie A  
Really no reasons to not call this Cerci now

I am surprised to see out Gilardino anyway  . I am glad for this , but noone waited it now  , CFC Genoa had even congratulated today with Gilardino and Perin to be on this list (epic fail Laughing)

Bolt from the blue for Gila, many ppl were convinced he would have been called because Prandelli loves him and there was a common thought of an expert CF called up for the WC. But immediately out.

Very polemic tweet by Antonini about it Laughing
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 13, 2014 10:56 pm

Is Toni retired or just wasn't picked?

in any case, my 3-5-2

-------Chelleini-----Rannochia/Bonnuci-----Barzagli--------

Cerci--------Pirlo--------DDR-------Verratti-----------G.Rossi/Insigne

------------------Cassano------Balotelli---------------------

Not sure about G.Rossi at LM though. But I would play cassano 100% as he is the most creative forward for Italy imo.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue May 13, 2014 10:59 pm

Toni's been banging them in but he's no good really. -50 mobility and at this stage is just a tap in merchant. In big games it would essentially be 10 men Vs 11.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed May 14, 2014 5:37 am

Criscito's form certainly dropped in the wake of two major knee injuries, however his exclusion is most unfair as he remains a superior player to Pasqual in both attack and defence. This is a cruel, cruel blow to a player who deserves a spot in the starting line-up let alone the squad.

The major surprise in defence must surely be Darmian though, who has somehow snuck into the provisional squad. I imagine he has been included ahead of Astori so as to have an option familiar with the operation of a three man backline at hand, however one would almost certainly expect him to be cut.

In midfield, I would exclude Aquilani, whilst Parolo is also likely to miss which is a pity as he adds a dynamism to the centre that only Marchisio can otherwise bring. Candreva's versaility and work rate will likely earn him a spot as the Perrotta of the team, however his tendency to be shoehorned into a 4-3-3 or 3-4-2-1 in which he is ill at ease means that he's likely to be put to frustrating use. He's unlikely to ever come across as willing a victim as Alba on the international stage again.

In attack, all I can say is that thank goodness Gilardino isn't there. Of the remaining options, assuming Rossi proves his fitness, Destro is likely to go as the forward who offers the least on the ball. If we had the luxury of bringing more players, I'd love to have him to provide a pure 9 to play off the last man as a tactical alternative to play with or instead of Balo, whilst I also feel he could coexist with Immobile. Given the lack of space in the squad though, I expect Destro's tournament bow to come at the next Euros not this June.

On the use of Cerci, his status as a winger should not be mistaken for that of a midfielder. Cerci's use in a 4-3-3 has been as a counter-attacking weapon who is left up the pitch to exploit the space left on the break and provide an instant option for release when possession is regained, as well as drawing attention away from Balotelli as the lone man left up front. It's a gamble that forces the opposition to either restrain the attacking ambition of their left back to avoid being caught out or to attempt to shift the risk to us by exploiting Cerci's lack of a defensive presence to establish control of the ball high up the pitch by shifting the fullback into midfield and reshuffling the structure of the midfield and defence accordingly. Cerci, as Robes mentioned, has largely thrived as essentially a second striker at Torino, but even when operating on the flank, he is in essence still a forward rather than a midfielder. The thought of using him as a wingback whilst simultaneously using Rossi or Insigne on the other side is terrifying. RG is just praying we use it when we play England so Sterling and Milner can have field days. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Wed May 14, 2014 10:29 am

Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon, Salvatore Sirigu, Mattia Perin,

Defenders: Giorgio Chiellini, Leonardo Bonucci, Ignazio Abate, Gabriel Paletta, Andrea Barzagli, Andrea Ranocchia, Mattia De Sciglio, Christian Maggio, Matteo Darmian, Manuel Pasqual

Midfielders: Andrea Pirlo, Antonio Candreva,Claudio Marchisio, Riccardo Montolivo, Daniele De Rossi, Thiago Motta, Marco Verratti, Marco Parolo, Romulo, Alberto Aquilani

Forwards: Mario Balotelli, Ciro Immobile, Lorenzo Insigne, Giuseppe Rossi, Antonio Cassano, Alessio Cerci, Mattia Destro

I would rather leave three midfielders at home than bring less forwards. Montolivo offers nothing, rather play with a more advanced formation. Or leave Balotelli at home. Hes been awful this season.

4-3-3

Buffon
De Sciglio - Barzhagli - Bonucci - Chiellini
De Rossi - Pirlo - Verratti
Cassano - Immobile - Cerci

3-4-3

Buffon
Barzhagli - Bonucci - Chiellini
Maggio - Pirlo - De Rossi - Candreva
Cassano - Immobile - Cerci

4-3-1-2

Buffon
De Sciglio - Barzhagli - Bonucci - Chiellini
De Rossi - Pirlo - Verratti
Cassano
Immobile - Destro

flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed May 14, 2014 1:58 pm

mine :

Buffon
De Sciglio Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini
De Rossi Pirlo Marchisio
Cerci Balotelli  Rossi

Candreva as back up for Cerci
Destro/Immobile as back up for Balotelli
Cassano ) back up for Giuseppe Rossi . I think Cassano will begin as backup in WC he keeps hardly 90 minutes and he's in athletic fall in these last matches with Parma
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio Wed May 14, 2014 6:48 pm

Robespierre wrote:Bolt from the blue for Gila, many ppl were convinced he would have been called because Prandelli loves him and there was a common thought of an expert CF called up for the WC. But immediately out.

Very polemic tweet by Antonini about it Laughing
I celebrated Gila's (and Giaccherini's) exclusion ... good of Antonini to show support for his friend, but it's easy not to take Antonini seriously -- neither as a player, nor as a pundit ...  Razz 

dostoevsky wrote:Criscito's form certainly dropped in the wake of two major knee injuries, however his exclusion is most unfair as he remains a superior player to Pasqual in both attack and defence. This is a cruel, cruel blow to a player who deserves a spot in the starting line-up let alone the squad.
football politicking, aka a decision from a higher up the food chain than the cittì ...

dostoevsky wrote:The major surprise in defence must surely be Darmian though, who has somehow snuck into the provisional squad. I imagine he has been included ahead of Astori so as to have an option familiar with the operation of a three man backline at hand, however one would almost certainly expect him to be cut.
Ranocchia edged out Astori ... Darmian would be the odd man out -- literally, since Prandelli named 31 ... I expect it is as a precaution, to see if the immensely talented but injury prone De Sciglio can be relied upon for the LB slot (with Abate and Maggio on the right) ...

flameas wrote:Or leave Balotelli at home.
haha, never going to happen, and you know it ...

Robespierre wrote:I think Cassano will begin as backup in WC he keeps hardly 90 minutes and he's in athletic fall in these last matches with Parma
my love for Fantantonio is undying, but he may literally be dying if he started at the Amazônia ...

it would have been amazing to see him start every match along side Super Mario, but I'd rather be realistic in setting expectations ... *if* Cassano goes (and it is unfortunately still an 'if'), then he will be one helluva joker up Prandelli's sleeve ...
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Legend Fri May 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Balotelli should be left at home or should be on the bench atleast. Start Balotelli and I guarantee Italia flopping hard. I can't see Prandelli leading Italia to any success with his constant kissing of Balotelli arse.
The Legend
The Legend
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat May 24, 2014 12:34 pm

Today Gazzetta reveals the run off for the final call up

Abate- Darmian - Maggio for 2 places, with Maggio disadvantaged on them 2

Parolo  - Aquilani , with Parolo ahead on Fiorentina player

Rossi - Destro- Insigne for 1 place , this is the most balanced but Insigne is pratically out . It will be a fight Rossi-Destro

while Ranocchia, Verratti and Mirante are Out , they will be not to World Cup surely.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat May 24, 2014 1:35 pm

Verrati should go over both Aquillani and Parolo IMO.

Abate and Maggio.

Rossi.

No brainer for me. Hopefully Gazetta is wrong and Verrati makes it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat May 24, 2014 2:23 pm

Don't care about Verratti, first 4 midfielders should be Pirlo, DDR, Marchisio and Candreva.

I just hope Rossi makes it as he can add so, so much more than Destro.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sat May 24, 2014 6:09 pm

Ehhh I hope that news is fake, doesn't sound right.
I don't understand, does Prandelli hate Verratti?
How would the Gazzetta know Prandelli's thoughts and who's ahead of who so far ? :S
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Sun May 25, 2014 3:58 am

I think Italy has a great chance actually, if you stick with the younger team.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu May 29, 2014 12:48 pm

Cesare Prandelli reportedly tested two formations in training with Italy yesterday, including a 4-4-2 with Antonio Cassano and Mario Balotelli.

The 30-man provisional World Cup Azzurri squad are into a second week of training at Coverciano, ahead of the summer tournament.

Alongside training in specifically engineered conditions to help better acclimatise to the expected weather the players will face in Brazil, tactical exercises have now come into play.

Reports are that yesterday’s evening session with the group saw Prandelli try out two formations in particular, beginning with a 4-4-2 shape spearheaded by Mario Balotelli and Antonio Cassano in attack.

From right to left the defence was Ignazio Abate, Andrea Barzagli, Giorgio Chiellini and Mattia De Sciglio, whilst midfield listed Marco Parolo and Claudio Marchisio either side of Daniele De Rossi and Andrea Pirlo.

A second test apparently saw Chiellini placed at left-back, Pirlo return to his traditional regista role, supported either side by De Rossi and Antonio Candreva, and Riccardo Montolivo come in at trequartista.

Attack for this 4-3-1-2 shape had Alessio Cerci and Mattia Destro tried in a partnership.

Meanwhile, it is also reported that both Balotelli and Cassano were immediately reprimanded during training when perceived by Prandelli to be not putting in maximum effort.

Training for the Milan forward, Barzagli and Gabriel Paletta continues to be adjusted due to their respective minor physical complaints.

-----------------------------

I feel like we are unlikely to see the 4-3-3 implemented except in moments of urgency during the World Cup, at least one that features three true attackers. Prandelli's concern for the fitness of the squad has been prominent in discussions about the squad, with the friendly against Spain reinforcing the lessons of the Confederations Cup. With physical intensity seen as the key to success, numerical superiority in midfield is almost certain to take precedence in Prandelli's plans until we're in desperate need of goals.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu May 29, 2014 11:29 pm

It will be interesting to see who Prandelli calls up. He seems to be struggling with choosing atm.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri May 30, 2014 1:16 pm

Cesare Prandelli confirms Italy’s starting XI to play Republic of Ireland and reflected on the difficulty he faces in naming a final 23 for the World Cup.

Indications from the Azzurri’s final training session this week at Coverciano on Friday morning were that Marco Verratti, Giuseppe Rossi and Ciro Immobile would be in line for starting berths in Saturday evening’s World Cup warm-up fixture at Craven Cottage and it has now been confirmed by the CT.

“We will start with Sirigu, Darmian, Paletta, Bonucci, Thiago Motta, Verratti, Montolivo, Marchisio, Giuseppe Rossi and Immobile,” Prandelli has told reporters at today’s Press conference, ahead of Italy flying out to London.

“It is not an experimental game, but one where we will analyse what we can do on the field, the players will be evaluated for understanding their recovery after the game.

“In principle, when we return from London and after training on June 1 we will give you the 23. The important thing is not to make mistakes.

“Obviously I do not want to affect the players, they know what kind of game tomorrow’s is.”

Prandelli was asked about cutting the current provisional selection down to 23 to take out to Brazil.

“It is the most difficult aspect of my role but I do not have to bluff. Here are the 30 best I could have selected.

“I have seven attackers and I must choose five. Whoever does not leave for Brazil will not be a failure, but it will be a tactical choice.

“I will work on the basis of the attitude that we want to take to the field. This is a group of guys who are more or less on the same level, they are all ready and prepared.

“They have all worked with the utmost dedication and maximum effort.

“It will be difficult because the guys have all made sacrifices and dream of going to the World Cup. It will be difficult when I have to announce my choices.”

Marco Verratti has been reported in recent days as having seen his chances of beating out Marco Parolo and Alberto Aquilani for a place in the final squad improve.

“At this time we want to place players with special qualities in a position where they can express them.

“Tomorrow we will see how Marco does on the field in that position [rumoured to be trequartista].”

----------------------------------------------------

http://www.football-italia.net/49838/prandelli-no-mistakes-23

Eagre to see how Verratti goes as a trequartista, I personally feel he's the best suited of our midfielders to such a position.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri May 30, 2014 1:22 pm

At this point I'd like to point out that Milan's management of Darmian through the youth system and into our first team has been superb and that... oh... Torino, you say? hmm.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri May 30, 2014 9:38 pm

What is Balo doing O.o ?

Italian National Team Thread - Page 31 10354753_655373247883805_1007879459223272630_n
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri May 30, 2014 11:26 pm

Touching those magnificent locks
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat May 31, 2014 7:31 pm

Here is my Italy World Cup Promo video, enjoy guys

Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sat May 31, 2014 8:41 pm

Halftime thoughts for game against Republic of Ireland:

Will not hate or be mad at Prandelli for leaving Immobile home. For me, he has not done enough, he does not look ready.
Verratti has been phenomenal

my god, this is the Marchisio Juve fans talk about, he has been amazing

Darmian is a toss up, either way.
Palletta has been poor. poor poor poor. Bonucci has been POOR.

WE MUST HAVE GIUSEPPE ROSSI, he looks BRILLIANT out there.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat May 31, 2014 8:42 pm

Rossi - Cassano/Balo would be the way to go

Bench Paletta and Bonucci at the WC.

Play Pirlo DDR Marchisio
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sat May 31, 2014 8:50 pm

I know it's not going to happen but I still prefer Ranocchia, especially over Paletta

but agreed, our midfield looks solid, Montolivo injury, as mean as this sounds, is good . Maybe verratti will actually make the cut now, and we have a solid 3 to look forward to.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat May 31, 2014 9:12 pm

Very unfortunate injury for Montolivo....very sad as well. Wish him a speedy recovery. He's gotta be gutted.

Not sure what happened with the Aquilani injury though.....

I think this bodes well for Florenzi though hmm
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next