Twoism
Abramovich
white_star
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Campbell: "Don't go to the euros, you might come back in a coffin" - Page 2 Empty Re: Campbell: "Don't go to the euros, you might come back in a coffin"

Post by Doc Tue May 29, 2012 1:22 pm

You guys have to be very careful with these documentaries and forming an opinion based on it. Anyway, I probably wouldn't go myself and don't blame anyone who chooses not to...

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Campbell: "Don't go to the euros, you might come back in a coffin" - Page 2 Empty Re: Campbell: "Don't go to the euros, you might come back in a coffin"

Post by punkfusion1992 Tue May 29, 2012 2:23 pm

white_star wrote:Bs it happens in all countries.

if no one cares about it and denies it, then obviously it wont go away

I would be freaking terrified of going to Poland and Ukraine

at least Brazil 2014, France 2016 and Qatar 2022 will not be like this. cant say the same about Russia

I am scared for any other races thinking to go and enjoy Poland and Ukraine, to see the hatred they showed to one of their own fans

can you imagine someone going up to you and saying you cannot support our club because of your color and then starts beating you and your friends to a pulp.....

As Campbell said "Sickening to the core"
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue May 29, 2012 2:45 pm

The Lizard King wrote:
That was absolutely horrifying. I got chills, and the chills remained throughout the entire video. The plight of those Indians at the end was really fking sad. It's bad enough that they abuse their players...but the fans as well ? Fk me. To call them retards would truly be an insult to the mentally handicapped. Fking hive mentality.

Also - who else wasn't surprised to see a Lazio flag at some point or another Razz

Honestly, that reporter had balls. The knife training shit just took it too far. And the ignorance displayed by the cops, and even uefa...words are inadequate to describe such tunnel vision.

In the end, we can hope for at least 1 in 5 racists to have a sister/daughter who hooks up with a black guy or a jew. Preferrably a black jew.

Laughing
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 29, 2012 3:18 pm

I think UEFA should be ashamed of themselves, I know they aint, so instead I will just hate on them.

How they choose and then allow a football tournament in such a place beggars belief....whats the point of even considering going for anyone that isnt white?

Dont even know what to say really. Aint even going to complain about racism, the ploice letting racism happen and saying people should be doing x, y and z...they havent and they arent going to do anything.

Im not surprised the police didnt do anything, one wonders how many of them are racist themselves...I mean, if in multicultral societies we can all think of, they already have racist cops...but yeah.

But for UEFA to happily allow tournaments there.....smh
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 29, 2012 3:20 pm

UEFA dont give a shit, this is disgusting, how did they give them the Euros? :facepalm: what a shame.

And no other country would tolerate this kind of behavior, did the Ukrainians forget what the Russians did to them? they should know better and treat others with respect.

I *bleep* hate backward people, with no class.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue May 29, 2012 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue May 29, 2012 3:29 pm

We can only hope that when these hooligans start racially abusing players at this tourney only for nothing to be done about it, UEFA will finally see their folly in allowing a tourney such as this to be hosted by two countries who are clearly in denial that they have a race problem. This will either force them to confront this problem or it will force UEFA not to consider them again for another major tournament.

FIFA better be taking notes too since the WC will be in Russia, and much of the same is expected to happen there as well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue May 29, 2012 3:52 pm

First of all, I'm not condoning any racism whatsoever. This said, it is still always a bit questionable how far one can trust the press (even companies like the BBC) in the build-up of such a tournament. It is possible that things might be blown out of proportion to raise the number of papers sold / online viewers accumulated.

I pose this question as I am still very much aware how the coverage before the WC2006 in Germany looked like in foreign publications. There was a lot of stuff about racism in Germany and even maps published with "no-go zones" and related stuff. Fortunately, the people who actually came to Germany were positively surprised of the friendly and festive atmosphere, even though I heard quite some voices of people who initially were afraid of racism in Germany due to reports in the press of the respective countries where the visitors came from.

I sincerely hope that things will be similar for the people who go to the Ukraine and Poland.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue May 29, 2012 4:00 pm

Poland and the Ukraine are a farcry from where Germany is culturally though by virtue of their proximity to Russia. If the media had caught even the most extreme fans of German clubs doing what these hooligans were doing to innocent people of color, you could bet the house there would be these same type of exposes cropping up.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Tue May 29, 2012 4:01 pm

rwo power wrote:

I pose this question as I am still very much aware how the coverage before the WC2006 in Germany looked like in foreign publications. There was a lot of stuff about racism in Germany and even maps published with "no-go zones" and related stuff. Fortunately, the people who actually came to Germany were positively surprised of the friendly and festive atmosphere, even though I heard quite some voices of people who initially were afraid of racism in Germany due to reports in the press of the respective countries where the visitors came from.

I sincerely hope that things will be similar for the people who go to the Ukraine and Poland.

Germany is different rwo, Germany has a very high immigrant population, in comparison to other countries. Most people in Germany are very accepting of people from different backgrounds. Germany is also an extremely popular tourist destination reason being that the country in itself is accepting

Poland/Ukraine are very different indeed. You hear news reports of riots all the time, especially in football matches. The country is not very accepting towards those not from their country
That being said there are always good people and bad people, and also the more worrying aspect is the lack of action from the security guards there
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue May 29, 2012 4:13 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:It's absolutely disgraceful. I managed to catch the Panorama broadcast and I was quite shocked at what I saw. I entirely agree with Sol. If you're non-white chances are that you might end up in serious trouble.

:facepalm:

I wish I was nearby so I could slap the sh*t out of you.

I really that would be very interesting. I can give you my address and I dare you to come and do it, don't be an internet warrior with empty threats it's beyond retarded!

I was a member in an ultra group for my club team in Poland. I will tell all of you one thing, you have no fckin idea what your talking about. All the press does is make shit up and you naive people listen to it. I am not denying there is no racism but you don't know the extent of it, nor do you know what goes on between these people!!! All you people watch your favorite teams from your tv miles and miles away so don't talk about things you don't know. Go to any stadium around Europe and look what fans do, before you talk out of your asses!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Tue May 29, 2012 4:16 pm

rwo power wrote:First of all, I'm not condoning any racism whatsoever. This said, it is still always a bit questionable how far one can trust the press (even companies like the BBC) in the build-up of such a tournament. It is possible that things might be blown out of proportion to raise the number of papers sold / online viewers accumulated.

Source criticism is fine and should always be applied regardless of how reputable a source might be but I genuinely fail to see how you can compare Germany '06 with what is shown in the documentary. I certainly don't recall entire rows of spectators hailing during matches, chanting (and wearing) anti-semitic slurs and going unpunished by the German FA. Nor do I remember police officials blatantly denying and/or quibbling about the obvious. Nor do I recall seeing any video footage of such disgusting behavior toward non-whites where victims receive no help from officials. It's simply a disgrace.

white_star wrote:I really that would be very interesting. I can give you my address and I dare you to come and do it, don't be an internet warrior with empty threats it's beyond retarded!
It's a wish not a threat. Physical and mental violence are characteristics of scum ultras.

Last edited by Senor Penguin on Tue May 29, 2012 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue May 29, 2012 4:21 pm

white_star wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:It's absolutely disgraceful. I managed to catch the Panorama broadcast and I was quite shocked at what I saw. I entirely agree with Sol. If you're non-white chances are that you might end up in serious trouble.

I really that would be very interesting. I can give you my address and I dare you to come and do it, don't be an internet warrior with empty threats it's beyond retarded!

I was a member in an ultra group for my club team in Poland. I will tell all of you one thing, you have no fckin idea what your talking about. All the press does is make shit up and you naive people listen to it. I am not denying there is no racism but you don't know the extent of it, nor do you know what goes on between these people!!! All you people watch your favorite teams from your tv miles and miles away so don't talk about things you don't know. Go to any stadium around Europe and look what fans do, before you talk out of your asses!

Why don't you enlighten us about what exactly goes on in an ultra group in Poland then? To what extent is there racism within your ultra group?

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue May 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Low class, racist sc*m. A lot of the worse racism comes from these Eastern European countries. Watching that video, and reading what Sol Campbell said, doesn't surprise me one bit.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue May 29, 2012 4:34 pm

white_star wrote:

Do tell us then! I'm sorry but a picture tells a thousand words, and that might be enough pictures to discourage any non white away fans to visit Poland & Ukraine. I mean look at those Indian students, I ain't go anywhere near those stadiums even if it's biased journalism.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue May 29, 2012 4:43 pm

My god. Those fans in the video are a disgrace to humanity.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue May 29, 2012 4:54 pm

oh those are Indian people who got beaten up.Apart from cast issues Indians are not really familiar with this color racism and they experience it when they go europe,quite sad really. I bet they dont even knew they will get attacked because of their color.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue May 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Watching that video its Horrifying what Hitler and his ideas have done to this world. Like charlie Chaplin said ''you dont have to be a jew to be a Anti Nazi. All you have to do is be a decent human being''.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 29, 2012 5:39 pm

This is sickening, absolutely sickening. It's disgusting how the police and the locals don't give a flying *bleep* about it and keep denying racism problems. Like that idiot white star, coming here and spouting that all this is media fabricated and we just naively believe their words. And we are supposed to take your word because you are a really hardcore ultra football fan while we are fake fans watching football out of our laptops. Yeah like the video and Nazi salutes were all made from CGI and all the witness accounts are lies Rolling Eyes Attitude like this is what makes this situation worse.

Looks like I'm not the only one surprised at the inevitable Nazio flag Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue May 29, 2012 6:16 pm

Do you idiots not see the video is showing its in Ukraine???

You want to be enlightened?

Racism exists everywhere in all countries and don't deny it. Just because there are campaigns fighting against it does not mean it works. I spent a lot of my life in to different countries but I see the same thing when it comes to racism so knock off all that cry baby crap that Poland or Ukraine are scum, stop stereotyping because you do the same thing.

Most fans especially ultras in Poland insult each other with different and inappropriate gestures. They will insult the opposing team players even if they are white. Club football in Poland is more then just a sport it's a way of life for some fans. There are some bad fans in Poland that take it to a new level and it is not acceptable. The police is trying to stop them but it is very hard to control thousands of fans when you are getting underpaid!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue May 29, 2012 6:35 pm

white_star wrote:Do you idiots not see the video is showing its in Ukraine???
What part are you referring to?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue May 29, 2012 6:36 pm

M99 wrote:This is sickening, absolutely sickening. It's disgusting how the police and the locals don't give a flying *bleep* about it and keep denying racism problems. Like that idiot white star, coming here and spouting that all this is media fabricated and we just naively believe their words. And we are supposed to take your word because you are a really hardcore ultra football fan while we are fake fans watching football out of our laptops. Yeah like the video and Nazi salutes were all made from CGI and all the witness accounts are lies Rolling Eyes Attitude like this is what makes this situation worse.

Looks like I'm not the only one surprised at the inevitable Nazio flag Laughing

O i am and idiot becuase I can share something with you from the other side of the fence. Well I am pretty sure that I have seen, heard and experienced more then you on your laptop. Don't call me an idoliot to try to make yourself look smart when your not. Stop acting like racism is only in Poland and Ukraine.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue May 29, 2012 6:40 pm

Uefa :facepalm:

Letting those 2 countries to host euros :facepalm:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue May 29, 2012 6:43 pm

white_star wrote: Stop acting like racism is only in Poland and Ukraine.

I agree with this. It happens on a much wider and more gruesome scale in India.

But that does not excuse that the authorities and officials in Poland and Ukraine from not doing anything to remove the graffiti and prevent the general exhibition of Nazi salutes etc. A lot more can be done and should be done. I believe that is what is being criticized here.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Did I say there is no racism in other countries? There is but those other countries take initiatives and put effort in battling against racism, something which is totally absent in this case. You are a prime example of how everyone is treating this as a light issue which it is absolutely not.

And FYI I have seen a lot of matches both Milan and other teams live in the stadium. So, I guess that makes me a .5% truer fan in your logic.

Last edited by M99 on Tue May 29, 2012 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lizard King Tue May 29, 2012 7:00 pm

White Star - nobody is really claiming that racism is restricted to Poland-Ukraine...but that's the focus right now. And shit like this is BOUND to be highlighted when you're playing host to such a major tournament.

Granted, you make a few valid points and you do give a completely different perspective..and I'm sure it's appreciated to some extent..but you gotta take it easy bro..you're not doing yourself any favors by sounding so pissed off and agitated. The main issue here is racism and ppl can't help but condemn it. Its the norm, and they would be saying it if the video was shot anywhere else. Nobodys dying to point out Poland/Ukraine as the only hotspots of racism. Stop taking it personal against you and your people..because in the end..racism's bigger than you and your people. And its bigger than Poland-Ukraine and the Euros..so there's no point in being petty and arguing over tiny details. The more we do that, the more we miss the entire goddamn point.

I'm not stopping you from defending your country..I'm just pointing out that you're mistaking the hatred for racism, as hatred for your country. Its not like that.

The Lizard King
The Lizard King
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue May 29, 2012 7:14 pm

M99 wrote:Did I say there is no racism in other countries? There is but those other countries take initiatives and put effort in battling against racism, something which is totally absent in this case. You are a prime example of how everyone is treating this as a light issue which it is absolutely not.

And FYI I have seen a lot of matches both Milan and other teams live in the stadium. So, I guess that makes me a .5% truer fan in your logic.

This isn't about how many matches you have seen or not. If you really went to Milan game you would see the same shit so obviously you didn't but that's not the point of te whole thing.

People are trying to stop it!!! The crap the ultras pull stains our country and clubs!! Watch the video and see how te fans attak police officers. They do what they can but don't want to die or get hurt especially when the polish police gets underpaid. I never said I agrea with it, this is the very reason I stopped being an ultra and moved to the states after finishing university.

Nobody in Poland but the ultras agrea with all this crap. They are the only ones and everyone else is trying to make it go away and it will eventually. The fans were given to much freedom that is now bein taken from them. Thanks to the Euros many people opened their eyes! So before some of you 16 year old girls start face palming get your shit straight. The euro exposure will help get this resolved.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next