Twoism
Abramovich
white_star
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Campbell: "Don't go to the euros, you might come back in a coffin" - Page 3 Empty Re: Campbell: "Don't go to the euros, you might come back in a coffin"

Post by white_star Tue May 29, 2012 7:14 pm

M99 wrote:Did I say there is no racism in other countries? There is but those other countries take initiatives and put effort in battling against racism, something which is totally absent in this case. You are a prime example of how everyone is treating this as a light issue which it is absolutely not.

And FYI I have seen a lot of matches both Milan and other teams live in the stadium. So, I guess that makes me a .5% truer fan in your logic.

This isn't about how many matches you have seen or not. If you really went to Milan game you would see the same shit so obviously you didn't but that's not the point of te whole thing.

People are trying to stop it!!! The crap the ultras pull stains our country and clubs!! Watch the video and see how te fans attak police officers. They do what they can but don't want to die or get hurt especially when the polish police gets underpaid. I never said I agrea with it, this is the very reason I stopped being an ultra and moved to the states after finishing university.

Nobody in Poland but the ultras agrea with all this crap. They are the only ones and everyone else is trying to make it go away and it will eventually. The fans were given to much freedom that is now bein taken from them. Thanks to the Euros many people opened their eyes! So before some of you 16 year old girls start face palming get your shit straight. The euro exposure will help get this resolved.

white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Campbell: "Don't go to the euros, you might come back in a coffin" - Page 3 Empty Re: Campbell: "Don't go to the euros, you might come back in a coffin"

Post by Senor Penguin Tue May 29, 2012 7:15 pm

white_star wrote:Do you idiots not see the video is showing its in Ukraine???
Huh? The Panorama documentary is not only about Ukraine but Poland as well.

You want to be enlightened?

Racism exists everywhere in all countries and don't deny it.
Who denies it?

Just because there are campaigns fighting against it does not mean it works.
Not only campaigns. Actual law enforcement. Actual fines and bans by regulating bodies. Actual revulsion.

I spent a lot of my life in to different countries but I see the same thing when it comes to racism so knock off all that cry baby crap that Poland or Ukraine are scum, stop stereotyping because you do the same thing.
Poland and Ukraine as countries are not scum. The people in the video committing, condoning and quibbling about the acts are scum. You sounded like a scum when you brushed it off as "bullsh*t" and stating that it "happens everywhere".

UEFA also has to take a lot of blame here but I'm fully aware of how incompetent they are already.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue May 29, 2012 7:31 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:
white_star wrote:Do you idiots not see the video is showing its in Ukraine???
Huh? The Panorama documentary is not only about Ukraine but Poland as well.

You want to be enlightened?

Racism exists everywhere in all countries and don't deny it.
Who denies it?

Just because there are campaigns fighting against it does not mean it works.
Not only campaigns. Actual law enforcement. Actual fines and bans by regulating bodies. Actual revulsion.

I spent a lot of my life in to different countries but I see the same thing when it comes to racism so knock off all that cry baby crap that Poland or Ukraine are scum, stop stereotyping because you do the same thing.
Poland and Ukraine as countries are not scum. The people in the video committing, condoning and quibbling about the acts are scum. You sounded like a scum when you brushed it off as "bullsh*t" and stating that it "happens everywhere".

UEFA also has to take a lot of blame here but I'm fully aware of how incompetent they are already.

I was referring to the Indians getting beat up was in Ukraine!!!

You all sounded like Poland is scum and don't deserve the Euros!!! The ultras should be banned and that's it. Th while country does not deserve to be condemned or the euros not given to them becuase of a small group of people! The ultras are not a whole city there are only a couple thousand of them. Look at the thread where people like anti DNA are face planing becuase we got the Euros!! That's why I get pissed becuase I love my country and I will defend it.

This forum alone does a lot of hating. Just look at all the people calling messi a midget, isn't that bad? Or do you guys say it ok becuase it is funny? He had a serious disease and yet people choose to call him something that is offensive to small people who also have a serious disease. You all miss the point behind this.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue May 29, 2012 7:32 pm

Guys, it will be fine at Euro. Don't try to imagine that those kind of things will happen in a competition like this.The security will be at high standards.

Anyway, i appreciate the fighting spirit of the fans, but i don't like those who hurt innocent people.Sick video.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue May 29, 2012 7:35 pm

What I am referring to in my last post

Anti-DNA wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Messi's girlfriend says she is not pregnant.
One less midget to worry about..
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue May 29, 2012 7:53 pm

I was visiting Krakow last summer and I can tell you it wasn't this bad.

I was visiting it with my black friend. We experienced 0 racism towards us. I'm sure it's media blowing it out of proportions.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Tue May 29, 2012 7:53 pm

Racism is based off ignorance and xenophobia. You're not going to stop it with law enforcement or anything like that... You can have the police do all they can, fine people etc, but it's not going to stop racist people.

It's something ingrained into the minds of the people who become like that, nobody is born racist, but people like Hitler can brainwash the masses. Racist people are usually less educated, very sheltered, and violent people.

The events portrayed in the videos are indeed horrible, but I don't think it speaks for the majority of Ukraine/Poland. I think you can probably go to many countries and make documentaries about the worst aspects of the area. Racist people exist everywhere, but thats just due to the ignorance and stupidity of man-kind. Too many people can't think independently and need to belong to some sort of group or a cult, and need to always be shown some sort of direction, even if it's the wrong one. That's the real problem.

In Hungary, i've never seen this kind of thing. Even there, the immigrant population seems to be growing, and every year I go back I notice that there are more non-Hungarians. I'm sure quite a few are tourists, but I have met Asians, Americans, Africans there who were speaking to me in Hungarian. I am only using Hungary as an example because it is one of Poland's neighbors, we consider them (Poles) good friends and good people. I have been to an MTK Budapest football game and things can get out of control because it's FOOTBALL. Emotions fly like crazy in this game and things that shouldn't happen, do happen sometimes. It's the beautiful game, but not all aspects of it are beautiful.

In the 2nd part of the documentary, they showed that Ukrainian brotherhood that was deporting people who they thought were illegal immigrants etc.. well, for one, that's not even football related and really paints a nasty picture for the neutrals. It's like if that dude were to come to the USA, and visit some bumbling, redneck hillbilly cities. I guarantee he could find things that are just as bad, if not worse than this.

I don't think problems like this will interfere with the tournament this summer. I think this documentary, while portraying very real, disgusting and primitive events, paints a very one-sided and minimal picture of the 2 countries. I'm looking forward to a great tournament.

Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue May 29, 2012 7:55 pm

white_star wrote:What I am referring to in my last post

Anti-DNA wrote:

Yes yes, because calling Messi a midget as a obvious joke is equal to a group of people calling others, 'hook-nosed jews'.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 29, 2012 8:05 pm

As I stated in my earlier post, one has to be very careful about forming an opinion based on the video. While the video shows (as he stated in the intro) the dark side of football in Poland and Ukraine, it does paint a rather sided view of things going on in those countries.

However, in Panorama's defense, he never mentioned the country was racist but more there is a serious problem in their football that is either ignored or is not being handled properly and you know what, there is an obvious racist problem that cannot be brushed aside by saying "it happens everywhere".

I hope Poland and Ukraine authorities of both the football and national security kind would prove they are up for the challenge. Whatever they do after the tournament is not my concern nor do I care but I could safely (kinda) say that they would make sure this is a wonderful tournament.

Also, I agree with what Be/\/ceCALI had to write...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Tue May 29, 2012 8:06 pm

His name is WHITE_star enough said Laughing jk

Wisla is home to two of my nation's black players, Osman Chavez and soon to be Rommel Quioto.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Tue May 29, 2012 8:17 pm

Racism does exist in most countries, the thing that shocked people from this program is the scale that it happens in Ukraine & Poland.

I go to Sunderland games quite regular, been to anfield and Goodison with my family to watch Liverpool & Everton games also. Also watched a couple of games in Italy. Never seen anything like what I saw in that program, its not only the Panorama program that show these problems in Poland and the Ukraine. Ross Kemp & Danny Dyer (yes I know I want to punch him as much as the next man) also found similar situations.

Here you might see the odd prat make racial remarks but definitely don't see 100s or even 1000s of fans making nazi salutes shouting sieg heil. We don't call our rivals Jews and you don't see swastikas etc being flown on flags, or used as graffiti.

I have also been a member of a supporters group and attended their meetings and events. Cant say we ever did any form of knife or combat training. Usually we would have a few beers, raffle a signed shirt or football off for charity or list to a former player as a guest speaker.

If you turned up near a ground in this country wearing a ski mask you would get arrested never mind allowed into the game.

If you see some one being racist in the ground you can notify one of the stewards who will monitor the perpetrator, if they witness it the person will be hauled out and handed over to the police.

The have been problems of sectarianism by plastic paddy Celtic fans in Scotland. How ever these are widely condemned and punished severely. In comparison to what you see in that program where they are denied to have happened.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue May 29, 2012 8:18 pm

white_star wrote:What I am referring to in my last post

Anti-DNA wrote:
Laughing That was a joke.. and you've been in GL long enough to know that everyone jokes about players

especially Ronaldo and Messi Wink
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue May 29, 2012 9:00 pm

Se7en wrote:I was visiting Krakow last summer and I can tell you it wasn't this bad.

I was visiting it with my black friend. We experienced 0 racism towards us. I'm sure it's media blowing it out of proportions.

Exactly!!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue May 29, 2012 9:07 pm

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants wrote:Racism does exist in most countries, the thing that shocked people from this program is the scale that it happens in Ukraine & Poland.

I go to Sunderland games quite regular, been to anfield and Goodison with my family to watch Liverpool & Everton games also. Also watched a couple of games in Italy. Never seen anything like what I saw in that program, its not only the Panorama program that show these problems in Poland and the Ukraine. Ross Kemp & Danny Dyer (yes I know I want to punch him as much as the next man) also found similar situations.

Here you might see the odd prat make racial remarks but definitely don't see 100s or even 1000s of fans making nazi salutes shouting sieg heil. We don't call our rivals Jews and you don't see swastikas etc being flown on flags, or used as graffiti.

I have also been a member of a supporters group and attended their meetings and events. Cant say we ever did any form of knife or combat training. Usually we would have a few beers, raffle a signed shirt or football off for charity or list to a former player as a guest speaker.

If you turned up near a ground in this country wearing a ski mask you would get arrested never mind allowed into the game.

If you see some one being racist in the ground you can notify one of the stewards who will monitor the perpetrator, if they witness it the person will be hauled out and handed over to the police.

The have been problems of sectarianism by plastic paddy Celtic fans in Scotland. How ever these are widely condemned and punished severely. In comparison to what you see in that program where they are denied to have happened.

Go join the firm or ultras and you won't be raffling off shirts lol. England indeed has better security then Poland. Like I said before fans are allowed to get away with more.

One thing I dont understand is all of a sudden everyone is acting like they didn't know eastern European fans are crazy :facepalm:

Like the guy above said you can't stop racism. The person will get arrested kicked out but he will continue to be racist.

Euros will be safe due to the high security and not all colored people get beat up or abused in Poland!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Tue May 29, 2012 9:21 pm

'not all colored people get beat up or abused in Poland'!

How reassuring, so not all of the blacks are gonna get beat up during the euros, but just a few!!
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Tue May 29, 2012 9:29 pm

Am I the only one one who found the Ukrainian Nazis a riot? Worshipping a guy who thinks your race(slavs) are subhumans who should be slave labor for the Nordic master race. I guess we can't expect any intellectual consistency from these folks. The Polish ultras seem much more tame imo. The antisemitism is ugly, but like the guy said it's become a generic insult. You can hear just as bad in many western european stadiums.
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue May 29, 2012 10:58 pm

gondov wrote:'not all colored people get beat up or abused in Poland'!

How reassuring, so not all of the blacks are gonna get beat up during the euros, but just a few!!

Not what I meant sorry!

It does not happen because of color but the color of your jersey. So in other words if you support a rival team you might get beat up but not because of you skin color.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Tue May 29, 2012 11:27 pm

i am black and i do understand how racism thrives in places likethese.
i have a black relative who married a polish guy and the wedding was beautifl in poland. even hitting the club scene, loads of people listn to hip hop music n what note

i believe there's even a town/city where the mayor is black (nigerian descent). the racism we saw on the bbc might not be as rife as it appeared

if ur black/ of colour you should still go to the euros, but obviousl try and avoid confontation and alwas be aware, but can still have a good euros
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 29, 2012 11:51 pm

I haven't seen the video yet. But based off the description so far it sounds an awful lot like the video America is not Stupid. It might seem like a bad analogy but bear with me: If you show only the bad it does not give a balanced view of the actual facts, thereby distorting perceived reality.

Then again, maybe I should watch the video rather than keep speaking out of my ass hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed May 30, 2012 1:05 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:OK, racism is a big problem that shouldn't be trivialised, but I've found a another serious issue here... Poles and Ukrainians giving Nazi salutes. What has the world come to!?

There are only 2 conclusions I can draw...

1) The naive and very unlikely explanation... they don't teach history in either of these countries and have no monuments or other things that would indicate they were invaded by Nazis.

2) The sad truth... these guys are *bleep* ing idiots.

You're oversimplifying it. Of course the majority of the population would hate Hitler and at the time would have. However, there are always those who (for their political values and ideologies) welcome revolutionary changes, even welcome invasions.

There would have existed people back then who welcomed Hitler's regime with open arms. The fked up thing isn't that they are supporting those who 'invaded them', but that people with such values can still exist in such a society.
Idk about that, I think you're giving these people too much credit. They are below ideology and political values.

JD said it well...
Jack Daniels wrote:My god. Those fans in the video are a disgrace to humanity.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3