S32TABLANCA
Onyx
halamadrid2
39 posters

Page 22 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

The Cantera thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Cantera thread

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:49 pm

meh...  1600 mins and 3 or 4 assists or something like that.  No goals.  For a supposed offensive mid, he's stagnated big time.  Diaz, Mayoral and Fabas are the main attacking force.

Fabas has been on fire lately.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:40 pm

Sports they finally took over 1st after Barakaldo finally slipped up this past weekend. This year (unlike last year when you were boosting that they were at top of table), they are indeed. Not only in their own group, but have the most points of all 4 groups. They and Barakaldo have been top of class almost all season. looks very good for promotion, esp if they can maintain the lead over Barakaldo. 1st place in a divison is of utmost importance.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:52 pm

They were tops of the table when Odegaard was introduced Bill...  then Zizou had to bench Medran and everything got messed up as the midfield stopped functioning.  No Flo junior galactico sabotage this season so far lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:13 am

wait, are we saying that chances are florentino can get zidane to start players he doesn't feel warrant a place? because i hope not. i'm expecting zidane to go by what he feels is necessary and stick with it, without getting swayed by perez, fans or the media
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:20 am

titosantill wrote:wait, are we saying that chances are florentino can get zidane to start players he doesn't feel warrant a place? because i hope not. i'm expecting zidane to go by what he feels is necessary and stick with it, without getting swayed by perez, fans or the media

Zizou will be forced to play the newest galactico like every other coach...  but Zidane will pull the plug if the guy isn't playing well.

That's just not Madrid... It's everywhere.  That's why most clubs get the manager to buy into a transfer before making it lol.  

The issue with Odegaard was that he was guaranteed certain things as part of his contract, which is ridiculous obviously.  But it guaranteed him a certain amount of playing time and starts.  It also made his workouts with Castilla optional... so he never trained with Castilla last year.  Only showed up for games. That's when Zidane went crazy angry and benched him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:38 am

Zidane can't even pull the plug on Kroos as mediocentro, stop selling those stories lol

As much as Zidane had an issue with Odegaard the kid was still playing every game.

Zidane is going to be as much a lackey as any previous coach bar mourinho
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:38 am

No he wasn't.  Look at the game logs.  Odegaard was benched for 4 or 5 games last April which started the whole spat with Odegaard's father in the media.  From what I remember, he only played in one game in April...  he sucked so bad that he was subbed and you didn't see him again until 3 weeks later lol.

We only won 2 of the 11 games where Odegaard played last season. Completely sabotaged the season as we were in first place and on a 10 (yes 10) game winning streak before that.

http://babb.telegraph.co.uk/2015/04/real-madrid-wonderkid-martin-odegaard-not-doing-so-well-dropped-by-zidane/
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:03 am

Great goal from Mayoral. We should give him a chance as Benzema's backup
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:57 pm

Forget obout the Odeguard situation, you were boosting that Castilla was on fire, top of 2b when in fact they were top of their group which was the weakest of all 4 groups. Take a look at who advances and you will find it is usually the first place teams of the strongest groups. Fortunately this year their group looks like the strongest. Both them and Barkakado are strong candidates to advance this year.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:14 pm

Wait hang on. Castilla's group always contributes to at least one team ascending to the first division. All the good team in Segunda are from Castilla's league

Mayoral has been on fire since Ramis took over but i am not really that surprised since he coached this group of players when they were playing in Juvenil A. Also Freeza Odegaard is playing better and is an integral part of the team now
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:21 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Wait hang on. Castilla's group always contributes to at least one team ascending to the first division. All the good team in Segunda are from Castilla's league

Hala, Not sure what you are referring to with saying Castilla's group always contributes at  least one team advancing - may be true, but I don't know what that has to do with what I stated. Also don't know what you mean by all good teams in Segunda (2B or 2A??) are from Castilla's league (group??). If you are trying to say their group has the better teams, I would strongly debate that with you as there is no statistical evidence to back that statement up at all. You'll find if you review archives that promotions are pretty well distributed throughout the 4 groups.

the top teams in each group (there are 4 groups in the league called 2B), playoff for 2 promotional spots and then there are 12 other teams (2nd to 4th in each group plus the two losing teams) in a long playoff for the final two promotional spots. Bottom line it is a long difficult road to advance if you don't finish top of your group.

Last year the group leader of Castilla's group was Huesca with 69 points. the other group winners had 80, 76 and 73 points. Points is not the only indicator as to better team, but it was the team with the most points (80) that not only won promotion, won the series amongst the two initial promotional teams for best team in 2B and now this season is in the thick of it for another promotion to la Liga (currently in 3rd, 1 point out of 2nd). I could review other years for you, but generally speaking it is the team that comes out on top (in points ) that is generally the best team of all groups. Last year when Sports was saying Castilla was on fire, which they were, it was within their group and that group was the lowest of all groups throughout the season.

You are right that this group does typically earn promotion but last year, it was two of them (Huesca and Bilbao Atletic) that made it thru that long promotional process. I might also point out that two top placed teams that made it (Oviedo and Nastic) are doing very well in Adelante (3rd and 5th) while the other two sit at or near the bottom (17th and 22nd).

This year however, the Castilla group is the group with most points and have been all season long. Barakaldo finally slipped up last weekend and Castilla moved a point ahead of them. Both of them are strong candidates to advance, but the team that holds 1st place has a huge advantage.

Last edited by futbol_bill on Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:35 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Forget obout the Odeguard situation, you were boosting that Castilla was on fire, top of 2b when in fact they were top of their group which was the weakest of all 4 groups. Take a look at who advances and you will find it is usually the first place teams of the strongest groups. Fortunately this year their group looks like the strongest. Both them and Barkakado are strong candidates to advance this year.

I actually had the privilege of being able to talk to Ødegaard in person quite recently, and he claimed that he had a great relationship with both Zidane and his current team mates. I had a short chat with him, and he was rather vague on certain topics that I brought up, like the former team mates that were reportedly jealous of him. I can confirm, though, that 90% of the stuff that's been written in the articles about him are false, or lies based on a slimmer of truth. I don't know why you have such an agenda against him, sports. It's fair enough that you criticize his performance when he plays badly, but your bias against him seem to be based on more than that. Bias, in general, seems to be your thing.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:59 pm

I heard the other side of the story Thimmy and it's just as direct as your source...  meaning someone who was on Zidane's staff.  This has nothing to do about bias.  The results of Castilla nosedived when Odegaard was introduced into the lineup... when the team was in first place at the time.  Did that create teammate jealousy?  Of course.  The team was winning and subsequently lost form.  You didn't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out the cause.  There was definite preferential treatment there.  Zidane had nothing personally against Odegaard (he's a kid)...  but he was very upset at his entourage (his father) for telling him NOT to practice with Castilla because his contract allowed him to practice with the first team.  He basically practiced with Real Madrid and showed up for Castilla during games and played poorly.  He was benched because he wasn't performing, nothing personal.  In fact, that benching likely cost Zidane the Madrid job initially over Rafa because the question was whether he could handle big egos given how things had turned out with the Odegaard crew.

This is all fact.  Absolute fact.  There isn't one ounce of speculation other than Zizou losing the Madrid job due to his handling of the Odegaard situation.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:30 pm

sportsczy wrote:I heard the other side of the story Thimmy and it's just as direct as your source...  meaning someone who was on Zidane's staff.  This has nothing to do about bias.  The results of Castilla nosedived when Odegaard was introduced into the lineup... when the team was in first place at the time.  Did that create teammate jealousy?  Of course.  The team was winning and subsequently lost form.  You didn't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out the cause.  There was definite preferential treatment there.  Zidane had nothing personally against Odegaard (he's a kid)...  but he was very upset at his entourage (his father) for telling him NOT to practice with Castilla because his contract allowed him to practice with the first team.  He basically practiced with Real Madrid and showed up for Castilla during games and played poorly.  He was benched because he wasn't performing, nothing personal.  In fact, that benching likely cost Zidane the Madrid job initially over Rafa because the question was whether he could handle big egos given how things had turned out with the Odegaard crew.

This is all fact.  Absolute fact.  There isn't one ounce of speculation other than Zizou losing the Madrid job due to his handling of the Odegaard situation.

Well, I can't be arsed to track back and quote your past posts, but you seem to indicate that there's a certain sense of arrogancy in Ødegaard and his father, and that couldn't be further from the truth. You're not the only one on here who has made that indication. I don't know who or what your sources are, but from what I can tell, Martin is an exceptionally humble person, and I fail to see how a plane trip to a different country can change that. Unless he's bi-polar, of course.

He didn't outright tell me that he struggled to adapt in Madrid, but he seemed to indicate that he didn't have an easy time doing so, initially. In interviews, he's continually insisted that everything's been fine. However, the jealous stance from some of his team mates was present as soon as he entered the training field, according to one of his close friends. Of course, I can't confirm whether or not that is true, but it does make sense considering the circumstances of his transfer.

He had a good relationship with his Finnish team mate, Eero Markkanen at the time. He didn't want to comment on the situation regarding his father and the contract that entitled him to train with the first team, but his friend claimed that there was some kind of cultural misunderstanding - which has been sorted out now. He doesn't seem like the type who ever gets particularly excited when talking about something, but he seems to be very content with how things are now, and he's always gotten along well with the first team players. I wish he would share more info about how things are at the club, but he seemed a bit reluctant to give me straight answers to my barrage of questions.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:56 am

Again, I don't think I ever said that Odegaard was impolite or obnoxious.  His actions, however, were arrogant towards Castilla....  Seems like Zidane and staff blamed it on his father as the way his father dealt with Zidane was a big issue.  He wouldn't talk to Zidane straight... he would answer directly to Flo instead.  That really rubbed off Zidane the wrong way (again, Odegaard's father, not the kid).

The impression the coaching staff got is that Odegaard felt beneath working hard for Castilla... he refused to train with them.  That's what i mean by arrogance.

My source is the current Real Madrid bench coach...  my former teammate at Cannes.  I don't talk to him directly but he's very close with other former teammates who are still friends with me.  So they give me the scoop.

Glad he's doing ok now... nowhere near one of the best players on the team. But he's a solid contributor. He's only 17 so he has time to get better. Should really show his stuff come the age of 19 methinks.

Last edited by sportsczy on Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:34 am

Last edited by Thimmy on Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:36 am

not Zidane... his bench coach.  David Bettoni.  And i don't talk to David directly.  But we were all part of the same youth team at Cannes and he came back to Cannes after his career was over to coach one of the youth teams.  So he's stayed close to a lot of the guys and I returned to Cannes for 6 years also until recently... I got back in touch with some of the guys.  Everyone's very excited for him and some talk to him regularly.  Unique circumstance where I actually hear direct info.  There you have it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:46 am

That's cool. I just think it's a bit odd that Zidane expected Martin's dad to talk to him directly, when Zidane doesn't speak English and Hans Erik (dad) doesn't speak Spanish that well.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:01 am

The kid refused to train with Castilla per his father's orders...  Zidane wanted to speak to the father (with a translator if needed although Zidane can make himself understood if he wants to) in order to rectify the situation.  Instead, the father goes to Flo and points out that the kid's contract doesn't require him to train with Castilla.  So he refuses to train.

Don't you think that's a problem?  Why do you think some of the Castilla players started disliking him?  Not his fault that Madrid agreed to the clause or his father was being hard headed.  The kid was caught in the crossfire.

If you come on a squad this way, you better perform like a superstar... he didn't.  The team suffered as a result.  Hence all the problems that eventually spilled into the media. Apparently, Zidane blamed the father and not the kid for the problems. But he had a squad to manage and eventually couldn't accommodate these special conditions anymore. If the results had remained the same, no problem. But they didn't and he was one of the worse performing players to end the year. It was just a bad situation.

They're past it this season so it's fine.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:31 am

Oh, no. Just a week after Barakaldo slipped up, Castilla does same while rivals won. Now 2 points behind!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:54 pm

Castilla are in the semi final of the UEFA yourh league after beating Benfica 2-0. Mayoral and Febes playing a big role in the win. Think this is our year
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 16, 2016 7:05 am

So Castilla finished first in the segunda B and will play a 2 legged play off tie in order to get promoted to Segunda. Lets hope Castilla are promoted and we win CL, will be a successful end to a dissapointing season
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 16, 2016 7:17 am

So Febas and Mayoral performed better this season than Odegaard ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 16, 2016 7:19 am

IF we win CL and Castilla go up to Segunda... personally, i feel it will be a very successful season. Not perfect since we didn't win La Liga. But do you know how many major trophies we've won since 2009 (CR arrival)? Exactly 2. This would be our 3rd.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Mon May 30, 2016 7:07 pm

Castilla's promotion playoff is live on their FB page - La Fabrica del Real Madrid

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 30, 2016 7:20 pm

Already 1-0 down poor defending. We need at least 2 goals now
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender